Options

DRAGON AGE: KUSU GETS LAID

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Langly wrote: »
    Hunter wrote: »
    I don't want to alarm anyone, but I started playing from my saved character wearing my Warden's Keep armor and all decked out in cool shit and I began the game nude.

Luckily I had a wizard robe, some random helmet, a pair of leather gloves and boots, and some battle axe in my pack. My guy looked like a clown for the opening section.

Still, the expansion is good so far.

none of the dlc armor except return to ostagar's stuff transfers over.

However, I am pretty sure there is a mod out now that gives it all back.

Oh, it wasn't just armor.

All the stuff I had in my save chest gone too. I'm going to have to quick finish the game holding some items that I want to carry over if that patch isn't ready.

On the plus side, there's 2 levels higher of armor and weapon materials past dragon bone, so it's not like the stuff is that precious. Some of the rings, pendants, and belts might be though. That's what I want to check out.

Hunter on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    risumon wrote: »
    Rane, steam has the deluxe for $43 and the regular for $33. The deluxe is almost worth it because you get 2 of the DLC which you would have to buy and I think they are more then $10 anyways.

So anyways, bought this game yesterday on the steam sale, started playing and have a level 2 mage. The game makes me nervous I am going to fuck up my stat and skill allocations. I liked ME having a suggested upgrade, where I could do that to see what the computer thought and then undo it if I wanted something different. Would reading the manual actually help at all? I usually don't bother with digital download stuff unless I am feeling really lost.

I am just going to hope Bioware did a good job of balancing where it is difficult to fuck your character over. So far I have been going willpower/magic and primal for the spells, fire, ice, and lightning. Is it better to focus one field or just grab whatever is useful? I am pretty sure I will want a heal spell when I start having some companions. If anyone knows a good noob faq that would be cool too.

For the computer:

The original game has mods that allow for respecs. So no harm, no foul. Especially for how shitty they autolevel your companions if you get them later.

For the expansion, very early on there's a way to purchase respec books from an easy to access vendor. He always holds 99 no matter how many you buy and they're only like 6 gold.

Hunter on
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I hate all of you guys. I'm just gonna have to wait until the first and buy both at once, since my acquired copy of Origins probably won't work with Awakening.

On the one hand, I really, really, really want to play a Warden from Orlais. Do you actually get to travel there via that mountain pass near the Dwarven city?

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm kind of pissed my DVD version doesn't work with the Steam version of the expansion.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm kind of pissed my DVD version doesn't work with the Steam version of the expansion.

Yeah, I am not going to buy the steam version because I don't like compatibility issues.

I'm just gonna buy the expansion and hope it works with my version of DAO. I've got all the DLC and stuff, so there's a good chance it will...later today I might hit the EB games with my dad so he can buy me a rad birthday present.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I don't want to alarm anyone, but I started playing from my saved character wearing my Warden's Keep armor and all decked out in cool shit and I began the game nude.

Luckily I had a wizard robe, some random helmet, a pair of leather gloves and boots, and some battle axe in my pack. My guy looked like a clown for the opening section.

Still, the expansion is good so far.

none of the dlc armor except return to ostagar's stuff transfers over.

However, I am pretty sure there is a mod out now that gives it all back.

Oh, it wasn't just armor.

All the stuff I had in my save chest gone too. I'm going to have to quick finish the game holding some items that I want to carry over if that patch isn't ready.

On the plus side, there's 2 levels higher of armor and weapon materials past dragon bone, so it's not like the stuff is that precious. Some of the rings, pendants, and belts might be though. That's what I want to check out.

That's why, before starting awakenings, I hiked out to my chest, loaded up everything I thought might be useful, saved, and then loaded that saved game into awakenings. So my biggest problem was instead of being naked, I had a stuffed inventory until I found a place to store it all.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    So if my copy of DAO isn't compatible with this shit, is it worth it to just start out as an Orlesian warden?

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Fandyien wrote: »
    Fandyien wrote: »
    God, I don't have enough money for this and I want it more then anything

WHY DO I HAVE $17

I managed to get it for $30 but now it's another victim of FFXIII. BACKLOGGED

Where?

I can make $15 reasonably quickly

It's an old deal now. Best Buy had it on sale for $40 plus a $10 off coupon for RZ members. It must have been love BUT IT'S OVER NOW!

Well thanks a buttload, now I have 80's Swedish pop rock stuck in my head.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    ScrumScrum __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2010
    Anyone figured out what to do with that goddamn stone thing in the Wending Woods?

Scrum on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Speaking of the Wending Wood, there is a pretty horrible bug that happens there. I'll spoiler it, but if you're in the wood it's not really a spoiler but anyway I'll be safe.
    At the end of the Wood sequence, you go into some mines. As a direct result, you lose your gear and have to re-acquire it. There is a very high chance that the person who holds your character's gear will not spawn. To not suffer the heartbreak that I did, remove all of the PC's gear before you enter the mines. It will then show up in a chest at the end. You could wait and see if the thing shows up, but it's at the very end of the sequence, and you'll have to re-load from before you enter them.

Langly on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Oh, wow, good to know Langly.

Scrum on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The seneschal's chin is enormous.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Rane get it on steam it is on sale for $40ish.

that would require buying a new computer

which ain't happening

my POS can't even run l4d on anything above all low settings and 800x600 resolution so that ain't happening

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Speaking of the Wending Wood, there is a pretty horrible bug that happens there. I'll spoiler it, but if you're in the wood it's not really a spoiler but anyway I'll be safe.
    At the end of the Wood sequence, you go into some mines. As a direct result, you lose your gear and have to re-acquire it. There is a very high chance that the person who holds your character's gear will not spawn. To not suffer the heartbreak that I did, remove all of the PC's gear before you enter the mines. It will then show up in a chest at the end. You could wait and see if the thing shows up, but it's at the very end of the sequence, and you'll have to re-load from before you enter them.

Does this include the team's gear?

Scrum on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Scrum wrote: »

Does this include the team's gear?

No. All I've read is just your spawn.

Also, I ran it again, since I had to, and there might be a way to tell at the beginning if you're bugged or not.
    If you don't have your personal gear, but do have a smattering of items, you are probably bugged out. I did when the guy didn't spawn, and when I reloaded I had nothing, and he did (although he didn't have any loot because I went in naked).

Langly on
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Scrum wrote: »
    Anyone figured out what to do with that goddamn stone thing in the Wending Woods?
    Activate the stones in the right order and get flames all over the symbol correctly, and a chest appears in the middle. Chest has a necklace. I can't tell you how to do it because I just tried hitting stones until all of a sudden a chest appeared. Thing maybe you have to get the flames touching all the stone and end up back at the stone you started from? Maybe, I dunno, I got lucky.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I convinced my daddy to buy this for me. He is a wonderful man.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    man, the two hander you get from the dude at warden keep for turning in that shard. doesnt look like it imported to the expansion :(

Aretè on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    stop having expansions before i even get the game >:|

hopefully i can get this tomorrow

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Man, I already beat this. A little short, but definitely fun.

Scrum on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    so i bought this (new), i was told the free DLC offer expires soon so i'm trying to make sure i get it

but i'm not sure what code i'm supposed to be entering or how really

I can't enter a code in the game itself because i have no idea what code i'm supposed to be entering

it said i could do it on http://social.bioware.com/user_home.php , but that says to enter the UPC code and then it says it's not valid for this game

so i have no fucking idea :/

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    It should have a separate card that has the code on it, that is in the box

Langly on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    it did not!

fuck you gamestop!

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Every new retail box of DA:O contains a promotional code on a promotional code card which when redeemed provides a free download of The Stone Prisoner. Digital purchases of DA:O will have the code emailed.

if this is the dlc you're talking about.

Langly on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    doesn't the new purchase of the game come with like 3 things?

an armor, the wizard tower thing, and the stone prisoner?

Raneados on
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    Raneados wrote: »

The Collector's Edition does.

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

go back to gamestop and get your money's worth

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Bogey wrote: »

aha

calling them now, asking wtf

although obviously they repackaged an old copy as new

Raneados on
  • Options
    nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

aha

calling them now, asking wtf

although obviously they repackaged an old copy as new

serve them up a punch salad with a side of lemon face

natek on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    i called up

man the guy on the other end was pretty bitchy

"uh hello? yeah, i bought Dragon age origins earlier today, new. It was supposed to come with a card with a redemption code on it?"

"okay"

"... it didn't"

"alright"

"...."

"..."

"hello?"

"yes I'm listening"

"i finished talking"

"alright"

"what the f"

he might be fucking stoned

or just not intelligent

we shall see. I'm getting the CD returned as well because there's a weird discoloration on it

man this is my first less-than-good experience with gamestop in my entire history with dealing with them, how poopy!

Raneados on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'll still forever hate gamestop for allowing their employees to hoard TE sticks and ebay them for $300.
    Also Wiis.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    it was such a nice day i decided to hoof it

got there, the guy thought the promotion was over, except it's not

didn't have any cards

so i got the price bumped down to a used game and i'll just download the DLC

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    If the promotion is still going on, the cards should just be inside a new, un-opened box.

Bogey on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    If the promotion is still going on, the cards should just be inside a new, un-opened box.

yeah they don't have any

they were repackaging used games and labeling them "new"

the guy behind the counter was a register biscuit

Raneados on
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Gamestop opens all their new games, don't they?

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    oh jesus hellballs

i just opened the used copy

what's this inside

oh it's a card with a fucking code on it for the stone prisoner

seriously guys what is going on with this week all this weird shit is happening :/

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Lockout wrote: »

I don't remember, I avoid that shop as much as possible.

In any case, that's pretty messed up, Rane. I would've tried for a refund and went to another store.

Bogey on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    So I got home at 4:30 last night, really wasted, and played the new campaign for about five hours as a Dwarf rogue

But then I accidentally drunkenly hit the 'delete character key' so now I am leveling my level 16 Human Noble Warrior generic-man to cap, since I beat the game the first time with a retardedly poorly managed dorf noble and I cheated to have third classes, so I refuse to do anything that ain't legit.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Lockout wrote: »

One or two new copies are gutted to put the boxes on the shelf, and the discs are kept in envelopes behind the counter. The rest of the new copies stay sealed and are sold first, the gutted copies are sold when they're the only new copies left. They're not used games repackaged as new, they've just been previously opened.

At least that's the way stores are supposed to do it, your mileage may vary depending on how shifty the manager is

Green on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Am I the only one playing the expansion?

It rules.

A lot.
    I think Justice is my favourite character of the entire series. And Anders and his cat are adorable.

Orikaeshigitae on