As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Modern Warfare 2: Not Balanced for Tyrannosaurus

0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns.Registered User regular
edited February 2010 in Games and Technology
u4OkoEI.png
0Replace4Displace on

• Options
    KagliciousKaglicious Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Scatman, I love you and have fun playing with you and everything but never ever change, you made that hardcore game more entertaining than it should of been.

After you left though, some asshat said that both me and alpha had scottish accents. Me I can sort of understand, but alpha, really?

Kaglicious on
  • Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Wholeheartedly approve of the thread title and its pro walrus and futurama stance.

Don't let people run by claymores anymore.

Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    fsmith1fsmith1 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I've been playing a ton with someone on 360 who's name is joshtogro, but I have no idea what his forum name is.

Anyone care to help me out?

Also, an awesome build to try if you're feeling like shitting all over enemy killstreak rewards and being a ghost...

M16/FAMAS/FAL with silencer
    Stinger

Claymores
    Smoke Grenades

Scavenger Pro
    Cold Blooded Pro
    Ninja Pro

fsmith1 on
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Automatic weapons are for the weak. Unless they're shotguns or LMGs.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    fsmith1 wrote: »
    I've been playing a ton with someone on 360 who's name is joshtogro, but I have no idea what his forum name is.

His forum name is joshgotro (as is his xbl tag). He's good peoples and a quality player.
    I, on the other hand, am mediocre at the game. Been playing some FAL lately, pretty fun (only have noob tube, looking forward to a site that doesn't BLOW). I pretty much always play stinger on every class. I find most of the time I don't have the time to switch to a secondary to make it useful, anyway. Plus, Scav Pro rules 24/7.

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Proven MortalProven Mortal Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

His forum name is joshgotro (as is his xbl tag). He's good peoples and a quality player.
    I, on the other hand, am mediocre at the game. Been playing some FAL lately, pretty fun (only have noob tube, looking forward to a site that doesn't BLOW). I pretty much always play stinger on every class. I find most of the time I don't have the time to switch to a secondary to make it useful, anyway. Plus, Scav Pro rules 24/7.

Just remember that on some maps that big rocket thing on your back is quite the >IM HERE GUYS< marker.

Also OP needs that Futurama - Ride the walrus picture I posted in the last thread.

Proven Mortal on
    Proven+Mortal.png
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Just remember that on some maps that big rocket thing on your back is quite the >IM HERE GUYS< marker.

Also OP needs that Futurama - Ride the walrus picture I posted in the last thread.

Yeah, I've discovered the joy of One Man Army (Pro). I can switch to my Stinger class, and switch to my Stinger, pretty darn quickly but don't have to run around with a gigantic flag sticking out of my head. Oh, and for bonus points if I'm running low on ammo I can switch to a different assault class as a resupply if I want to.

They really need to fix it, though...you should not be able to switch to the same class to resupply...that level of fuckery should at least require you to dedicate two slots to it, and really OMA should be disabled once used until death.

But yeah, I roll with a Stopping Power/One Man Army build until I see something that needs shot down, then I just swap classes to a Cold Blooded/Stinger build. I agree that I rarely find myself switching to a secondary weapon in a pinch. Reload early, reload often.

Even without OMA, I'll generally roll with an AT4 instead of Stinger now, just so I can't be seen from space. If something beefy is in the air, I'll just switch to my CB/Stinger class and shoot it down after I die. But hell, with Stopping Power Pro you can shoot down most things with just an AT4 and a mag or so (assuming it doesn't blast you...not Cold Blooded and all). I shoot down a surprising number of Harriers now without Cold Blooded or Stinger.

You can also just run Scavenger/Stopping Power and resupply your AT4.

I like the AT4, since 75% of what I shoot down is just UAV/CUAV anyway.

As for favorite perks, I'm starting to settle on Sleight of Hand Pro, Stopping Power, Ninja Pro. SoH is great for reloads, obviously, but it's the Pro version that shines. I really feel like the faster ADS allows me to get the jump on a lot of guys, and win some face-offs that otherwise I'd lose...especially in Hardcore, where the first couple rounds settle it. Stopping Power, obvious...unless I'm shooting down birds, I need to be able to take down dudes faster. Who gives a fuck if the guys know where I am, if I rape their face when they come looking for me? And Ninja Pro is the shit...quieting my footsteps serves to both amplify everybody else's (poor man's Heartbeat Sensor/Sitrep Pro) and allows me to shank fuckers from behind with impunity.

The exceptions are Cold Blooded or Hardliner instead of SP for Hardcore (since Stopping Power is useless there), and One Man Army instead of SoH if I'm feeling like I might actually need to shoot down some air support.

Man, I just came in to blue dot this bad boy...wound up writing a novel.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    NaloutoNalouto Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Sleight of Hand Pro
    +
    Danger Close
    +
    GL
    =
    Makes me hard

good night!

Nalouto on
    :winky:
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I think I just played a match against glitchers. Every time (literally) I saw an enemy, I'd get about 5 seconds of lag. I'd see someone, try to shoot, and everything would just stop for a couple of seconds, then I'd be back and waiting to respawn. A couple of times I wasn't killed during the lag, and in these times I could unload a G18 at someone from around 2m away and then get shot while reloading. Also, I once got spawn killed 4 times in a row, within about a second of spawning each time, by the same person. Surely that can't happen naturally.

AnteCantelope on
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    HC + Chopper Gunner is BS of the highest quality.

Shield bashing a guy on Underpass and causing his ragdoll to fall down the railing near B was a Kodak moment which made me much happier.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    This message is brought to you by Fishy Joes.

Been playing over the last couple nights after taking a break from the game, and I'm doing better than usual. A lot of 6:1 and 7:1 matches. My last was 21 to 3. TDM, of course.

Think it's because I'm playing more aggressively, though still with the same wariness and determination to never give the enemy a kill without putting up one hell of a fight.

Oh, and my respect for the AK has grown now that I've tried it with a suppressor. It seems to keep the firing animation from messing up my aim. The iron sights still have an absurd drift to them, but at least when I've got a shot lined up, I don't have to spray and pray.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    Indica1Indica1 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    why can I use raffica in last stand but not pp2000?

Indica1 on

If the president had any real power, he'd be able to live wherever the fuck he wanted.
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Man, what the hell is wrong with sniper rifles in this game? Talk about hard to use, no wonder AR's rule MW2.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Indica1 wrote: »
    why can I use raffica in last stand but not pp2000?

Because IW thinks it's hysterical to allow the M16 to be used while in Last Stand.

With Akimbo.
    Hiryu02 wrote: »
    Man, what the hell is wrong with sniper rifles in this game? Talk about hard to use, no wonder AR's rule MW2.

Wrong. It takes a bit of getting used to but sniping in this game is hilariously easy. You'll have to learn to compensate for lag and lead your targets a little bit, but it's only difficult in the sense that an AR is "lol i zero sway you". The only bad part is when you've got a dude lined up and he full-autos you from across the map with his iron sight ACR.

Goddamnit, that's aggravating.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    i had some dude try to tell me that him abusing the carepackage thing was not a glitch, and was totally justified. when i told him it was getting patched out, he retorted with a your mom joke.
    i might need a break until that patch hits..

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    Indica1Indica1 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    is raffica the only one that works?

Indica1 on

If the president had any real power, he'd be able to live wherever the fuck he wanted.
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Sniping is easier in this game than COD4, IMO.

For starters, you can equip a machine pistol as a secondary, and those things may as well be primary weapons in light of their stats. You're getting Overkill as a freebie, essentially.

Also, you can start with an OMA class and lay down a claymore and maybe a tac respawn, and scout the area before settling into your sniping position. Hell, your sniper class could even be an OMA build. Shoot and scoot becomes, shoot and scoot and change classes.

Agreed on the bullshit scope drift, though. It was a problem in COD4, it's still a problem in MW2.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Indica1 wrote: »
    is raffica the only one that works?

The only Machine Pistol, yes. All attachments present on the weapon will carry over into Last Stand.
    Sniping is easier in this game than COD4, IMO.

For starters, you can equip a machine pistol as a secondary, and those things may as well be primary weapons in light of their stats. You're getting Overkill as a freebie, essentially.

Also, you can start with an OMA class and lay down a claymore and maybe a tac respawn, and scout the area before settling into your sniping position. Hell, your sniper class could even be an OMA build. Shoot and scoot becomes, shoot and scoot and change classes.

Agreed on the bullshit scope drift, though. It was a problem in COD4, it's still a problem in MW2.

Sure, but both Machine Pistols and Shotguns (excluding the Raffica) take about two seconds to switch to. Two seconds is a huge amount of time in this game, so I just end up using Akimbo handguns of some sort, usually Deagles.

On the OMA note; I tried that. I usually only do it on SnD, where I would start with my OMA DC M203 class and lay two claymores on a point or behind me, then OMA to my sniper class and let loose. DC Claymores have a tendency to blow you across the room, so it's very effective.

Having OMA on the actual sniper class sucks ass, because again, 3 seconds is a shitload of time.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    npc.EXEnpc.EXE Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Know your foe.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wbY5anafIc

Glitchers are scum to me. Scum I say. Now join me in finding them and destroying them.

npc.EXE on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    how is it even possible to have so many fucking game breaking glitches like this.
    it's killing me because i know there is fun to be had here, just not with online assholes
    also fuck machinima.com for sponsoring these assholes

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    how is it even possible to have so many fucking game breaking glitches like this.
    it's killing me because i know there is fun to be had here, just not with online assholes

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Arthil wrote: »

Hmm, I wonder how many glitches wouldn't even exist if OMA and care packages weren't in this game.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Man I really like Rust in TDM.

I am a bad person

[spoilers]

fuck the haters

[/spoiler]

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    To this day I still haven't gotten Rust in TDM.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    KnorreKnorre Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Me neither.

Knorre on
    Knorreworst.png
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    they should make claymores detonate instantly if you touch the front face... unless you have scrambler pro.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    they should make claymores detonate instantly if you touch the front face... unless you have scrambler pro.

Well, it is a tripwire explosive, so there should be a <1 sec delay before it detonates, but i agree that running past claymores is plain bullshit and needs to be fixed.

Knorre on
    Knorreworst.png
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Knorre wrote: »

Well, it is a tripwire explosive, so there should be a <1 sec delay before it detonates, but i agree that running past claymores is plain bullshit and needs to be fixed.

Such bullshit. I'd be less inclined to rage if the biggest offenders weren't knife wielding assholes.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    KagnarosKagnaros Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yeah this game is just imploding upon itself. If I don't get a game that disconnects me after two minutes, I get into a game with some enemy off calling in Care Package after Care Package.

Ugh. Gotta force a break and play something else.

Kagnaros on
    fss.png
  • Options
    blackranger3dblackranger3d Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

I thought RUST was only FFA, and that if you were in rust in TDM or GW than the host was running a hacked PC map. The last time I was in RUST kills granted a crazy number of xp (like millions).

blackranger3d on
    BOOM SHACK A LAKA
  • Options
    BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I found myself a lot less frustrated with Bling 1887s and Badgers when I realised that, most of the time, the person would have killed me with any weapon.

Mostly lies, but meh.

Blurbl on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Blurbl wrote: »
    I found myself a lot less frustrated with Bling 1887s and Badgers when I realised that, most of the time, the person would have killed me with any weapon.

Mostly lies, but meh.

Hell yes, IW made the game worse with the patches... Beats me how they did it.

Knorre on
    Knorreworst.png
  • Options
    Muramasa18Muramasa18 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I played hardcore for the first time yesterday. Search and Destroy was actually pretty fun. Had some pretty tense moments involving three mans rushing me, but the RPD prevailed.

Muramasa18 on
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Knorre wrote: »

not THIS claymore though. THIS claymore shoots fucking lasers for no reason. How about this for claymores. . . you place the claymore once to put the explosive down, then you can walk maybe 5m before you have to place the other end of the tripwire? Making it a tripwire.

also, last I checked, claymores don't have EYES or PHOTOSENSORS, so why the hell do flashbangs temporarily disable them?

I could understand stuns or maybe extremely close flashbangs detonating them. I know they're all balance decisions and they've become claymores in name only. But at what point do you consider all these concessions and say fuck it, let's use something that actually makes sense?

acidlacedpenguin on
  • Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm fine with being able to temporarily disable them, but I do think they should go off faster.

And, of course, if triggered by someone who has gotten more than 3 knife kills, they should take flight and zap him with laser beams for the rest of the round.

You know, like claymores do.

Grislo on
    This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Kagnaros wrote: »
    Yeah this game is just imploding upon itself. If I don't get a game that disconnects me after two minutes, I get into a game with some enemy off calling in Care Package after Care Package.

Ugh. Gotta force a break and play something else.

It happened to me last night - fucker just kept calling and calling and calling. By the end I'm pretty sure he had 2 Harriers up and a AC-130 flying overhead. Cockholster. :x

RisenPhoenix on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    we should be able to rig up punji stakes to mess up the runners considering the over-abundance of BULLSHIT going on in this game. . .

or how about having a coil of barbed wire you could set up?

acidlacedpenguin on
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

I thought RUST was only FFA, and that if you were in rust in TDM or GW than the host was running a hacked PC map. The last time I was in RUST kills granted a crazy number of xp (like millions).

They added Rust to the TDM rotation a month or so after release. Didn't think it was part of the GW maplist.

wonderpug on
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I swear that I will never be able to call a nuke in this game. Oh, I can go 34 and 2, but I always, ALWAYS get f'd over by the spawn. I just want to call one in without boosting. I can get EMPs out the ass, but no.... not a nuke.

F this game sometimes.

belligerent on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I swear that I will never be able to call a nuke in this game. Oh, I can go 34 and 2, but I always, ALWAYS get f'd over by the spawn. I just want to call one in without boosting. I can get EMPs out the ass, but no.... not a nuke.

F this game sometimes.

It should be moderately easy with a noobtube + OMA buid... moderately...

Knorre on
    Knorreworst.png