Options

Modern Warfare 2: Not Balanced for Tyrannosaurus

• Options
    cheese_boycheese_boy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Algertman wrote: »
    I thought bitches were hoes and hoes were bitches.

No no.

Bitches ain't nothin' but hoes and tricks.

And I think I'm gonna keep going to level 70 with Assault Rifles and when I prestige, go with SMGs just for a change of pace.

nah, life aint nothin but bitches and money.

so i tried out the OMA danger close class with claymores.... 52 - 19 on domination highrise. im normally getting half that with the same deaths. soooo goood.

cheese_boy on
    I just dropped in to see what condition my condition was in.
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Smaug6 wrote: »
    In Re Claymores:

I don't have a problem with a perk disabling them (scrambler pro) its just annoying when you can take another perk (lightweight) and in addition to the stated effects of it, get a bonus, possibly unexpected side affect of it where you set off claymores but can run by them by the time they explode. If people want to avoid claymores, make they either be cautious or take the perk that was designed to avoid them.

If knife builds actually had to fear claymores or take scarmbler over commando pro, it might make them more balanced or reduce the numbers of them.

Well, marathon was good enough to get past claymores in CoD4, too.

So now there are three anti-claymore perks, which is fine by me because danger close claymores (which actually stop marathon/lightweight from getting past them) are way too overpowered so scrambler/sitrep/marathon&lightweight are all good counters.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    Muramasa18Muramasa18 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Was playing TDM on Highrise, our team was winning 6000-3000. Host migration fails, ok, whatever. Join new game. Highrise. It puts me on the team losing 3000-7000. Ok, fine, bad luck. New game. Highrise. It puts me on the team losing 2000-7300. Whatever, I'll just leave. New game search...joining the same game I just left.

Turned the game off.

Muramasa18 on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I just accidentally killed a teammate in HCTDM and was immediately kicked. Does this happen a lot? Is it a feature?

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I've always said the level playlist sucks, now that proves it.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Guys. Start playing Bad Company 2 Demo. Now.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    Smaug6 wrote: »
    In Re Claymores:

I don't have a problem with a perk disabling them (scrambler pro) its just annoying when you can take another perk (lightweight) and in addition to the stated effects of it, get a bonus, possibly unexpected side affect of it where you set off claymores but can run by them by the time they explode. If people want to avoid claymores, make they either be cautious or take the perk that was designed to avoid them.

If knife builds actually had to fear claymores or take scarmbler over commando pro, it might make them more balanced or reduce the numbers of them.

Well, marathon was good enough to get past claymores in CoD4, too.

So now there are three anti-claymore perks, which is fine by me because danger close claymores (which actually stop marathon/lightweight from getting past them) are way too overpowered so scrambler/sitrep/marathon&lightweight are all good counters.

I find it hilarious that normal claymores are only effective against cautious, slow-moving people.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    blackranger3dblackranger3d Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Before my prestige # two I was a dedicated

Scavenger
    Cold Blooded
    Ninja

I liked the idea of being all stealthy and unheard. I would average a KD of 1:1

But now my core build is

Bling (Scar with Holo and a Noobtube)
    Stopping Power
    Commando

With this my K/D is usually in the 3:1 area. The extra damage is king.

blackranger3d on
    BOOM SHACK A LAKA
  • Options
    Missing a LeggMissing a Legg Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Tre wrote: »
    Question? What do you consider the main perks that make up a witch? marathon, lightweight, commando? I run marathon and lightweight a lot, but rarely do I ever use commando. Am I a witch? I just like to run into a crowded room, and spray my sub machine guns like crazy from the hip!

I think witches are pretty knife exclusive. Commando is a key part of the equation. This is more of a run and gun, rusher type which can be super effective on maps where you generally always know where the other team is. This is really good with the P90 or Mini-Uzi

Yeah, I run Mini-Uzi. So fun to just spray a wall of bullets.

Missing a Legg on
    GT:Missing a legg
    PSN:Missing_a_legg
  • Options
    Fashionist PigFashionist Pig Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    joshgotro wrote: »

I've been trying, but apparently my console isn't good at searching for games. Then again that was an hour ago, and the demo just came out. Now every game I try to join tells me its unavailable and that my connection was lost at the same time. Sure would have helped to have A BETA FOR THIS TYPE OF STUFF ON THE XBOX, EA.

Fashionist Pig on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I had no problem this morning. I'm going to be going back in after this mission in ME2.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Okay, we need to play more HCTDM. I've done better than I've ever done in this mode, but pubs don't seem to understand that you don't knife your own damn teammates in the back.

I'll give BFBC2 a go right now if anyone wants.

Willeth on
  • Options
    Fashionist PigFashionist Pig Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I had no problem this morning. I'm going to be going back in after this mission in ME2.
    Well I got into one game, but it took so long for it to search for that game, I left before it worked. Came back to a black screen and a connection error. So it worked for that one game. But now it keeps saying the games that it tries to join are unavailable. I'm just hoping this isn't pointing toward matchmaking issues, even if it's only on the demo for the 360, because Microsoft will take who knows how long to fix it/allow a patch or new version of the demo if they even bother. Ah well, time to keep trying. 8-)

E: and now it's working. It was probably an overseas server that it was connecting to and rejecting for my own good. Man sniping is great in this game.

Fashionist Pig on
  • Options
    fsmith1fsmith1 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Algertman wrote: »
    I thought bitches were hoes and hoes were bitches.

No no.

Bitches ain't nothin' but hoes and tricks.

And I think I'm gonna keep going to level 70 with Assault Rifles and when I prestige, go with SMGs just for a change of pace.

Bitches ain't *shit* but hoes and tricks.

NSFW
    Lick on these nuts and suck the dick
    Get the fuck out after you're done
    And I hope in my ride to make a quick run...
    Peep this

That said, I'm going to hop on and play some MW2 now.

fsmith1 on
  • Options
    Muramasa18Muramasa18 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Also, 3 games in a row on Underpass just now. At least we won those.

Muramasa18 on
  • Options
    wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I think I have file complaints on at least 12 people today. They probably don't do anything but whatever. This car package shit is in EVERY FUCKING GAME.

wakkawa on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Has Bowling tweeted a response yet, or are they going to wait a month to notice and then another two months to get a patch out?

Anyways; OP is updated.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    dasnoobdasnoob ArkansasRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Willeth wrote: »
    Okay, we need to play more HCTDM. I've done better than I've ever done in this mode, but pubs don't seem to understand that you don't knife your own damn teammates in the back.

You should give HCHQPro a try. It can be really fun (and also really horrible if you are way outmatched).

dasnoob on
  • Options
    Missing a LeggMissing a Legg Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Thanks for the updates 0Replace4Displace! If i had to use one word to describe your OP, it would be, "Classy"

Missing a Legg on
    GT:Missing a legg
    PSN:Missing_a_legg
  • Options
    musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    dasnoob wrote: »

You should give HCHQPro a try. It can be really fun (and also really horrible if you are way outmatched).

This is all I play, it's excellent. There are objectives, instant respawns, it's super fast and guns are super lethal.

musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Guys. Start playing Bad Company 2 Beta. Now.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    musanman wrote: »

This is all I play, it's excellent. There are objectives, instant respawns, it's super fast and guns are super lethal.

I used to play HQ in CoD4 exclusively, but with the increased bullet damage across the board and no more Juggernaut I found that it's not really necessary. I usually just get too frustrated after being killed for the 4th time by a silenced sniper as I slowly crawl through super thick undergrowth.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

I used to play HQ in CoD4 exclusively, but with the increased bullet damage across the board and no more Juggernaut I found that it's not really necessary. I usually just get too frustrated after being killed for the 4th time by a silenced sniper as I slowly crawl through super thick undergrowth.

The biggest help you can be to your team is setting up show around a point and just wrecking the dudes who try to get to the cap. If you can give your buddies who are on the point backup away from it you will pretty much always win.

If I have one other teammate who is helpful (usually one of my friends) we will win tons of games just because teamwork goes such a long way.

musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    A+++++ Signature.

Also no Objectives without a team of four at the least.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

I don't play HC because it is terrible.

Like seriously, "Oh hey you popped your head out from that rock, get single-shotted by a non SP UMP from across the map."

I only ever play it with PA because I have a good time shooting Sanguine in the back with an AT-4 or Deagles.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    cmsamocmsamo Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

A little bit of pee came out when I read that. I didn't even realise the demo was out. I am so stoked! Downloading right now....

I am about sick to death of MW2 getting spawn killed by killstreak helicopters and shotgunned to death!

cmsamo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Upon further review B:BC2 is a bad game and destructible buildings is slightly more fun than needles in the eyes.

P.S. Warming Up help needed sometime tonight.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I don't see why you'd buy BFBC2 when 1943 is right there on the marketplace.

Willeth on
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Upon further review B:BC2 is a bad game and destructible buildings is slightly more fun than needles in the eyes.

Could you elaborate on your further review? Inquiring minds would like to know what you thought.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    The Grey GOATThe Grey GOAT Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Ran into my first care package glitcher on the 360 last night. Some dude, hiding in the corner of the map on Derail. Once I caught on to what he was doing I immediately made him my target. Next map, Afgahan he tried the same thing and I made his life hell. It's even funnier because the TDM score was tied 7400. He was hidding in the bushes of to the side of the big hill opening a package. Suddenly I hear an enemy Predator Missle launch. It's him. I know where he is so I haul ass to kill him before it can drop. I see him and get right within knife range. I hear the missle explode and the match ends right as I click the button to knife him. I rage on the mic thinking we lost, but the my teammates start laughing because we won. One of them got a kill right before his missle hit!

The Grey GOAT on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." -HST
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hiryu02 wrote: »

Could you elaborate on your further review? Inquiring minds would like to know what you thought.

I was terribly unimpressed with the whole thing. I absolutely LOVE 1943 and played a bunch of bad company (lost interest in a hurry though). The combat was obnoxious, I got sniped from dumb locations and then had to watch some guy run around (no kill cam, just a 3rd person view of him) and wait like 15 seconds to respawn.

The vehicles weren't really fun at all, and that's disappointing. I got in an apache and had some fun flying around for a bit, but nowhere near as much as say bomb runs in 1943. It just felt clunky, and didn't look very good either.

I'm totally willing to give it another shot, but first impression wasn't a good one :(

musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg
  • Options
    King KongKing Kong Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Man, BF 1942 is like 5 times the game as BF 1943. Why are people recommending it as a good game?

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    npc.EXEnpc.EXE Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Maybe I've missed it, but how has this thread title gotten away without this image?
    futurama_030703_gcn_04_640w.jpg

By the by, are there speed hacks for the xbox version? Or am I just seeing things in a 'ow my anus' rage?

npc.EXE on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Man, BF 1942 is like 5 times the game as BF 1943. Why are people recommending it as a good game?

1943 doesn't have the depth, but it's fast, easy to get into and consistently fun.

I enjoyed 1942, but couldn't bring myself to play it a lot of time because sometimes it was slow/annoying. You would get some of the best "HOLY SHIT" moments followed by a lot of "meh" moments.

musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2010

1943 doesn't have the depth, but it's fast, easy to get into and consistently fun.

I enjoyed 1942, but couldn't bring myself to play it a lot of time because sometimes it was slow/annoying. You would get some of the best "HOLY SHIT" moments followed by a lot of "meh" moments.

I used to be able to, with regularity, shoot airplanes out of the sky with the Artillery Cannons you can use on the battleships.

BF1943 doesn't let you drive the ships.

Pretty much makes it worthless to me.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    npc.EXE wrote: »
    Maybe I've missed it, but how has this thread title gotten away without this image?
    [IMGhttp://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu238/npcEXE/futurama_030703_gcn_04_640w.jpg/IMG]

By the by, are there speed hacks for the xbox version? Or am I just seeing things in a 'ow my anus' rage?

Because someone on the first page said "Hey, post that image" and then no one did till you.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    npc.EXE wrote: »
    [IMGhttp://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu238/npcEXE/futurama_030703_gcn_04_640w.jpg/IMG]

Because someone on the first page said "Hey, post that image" and then no one did till you.

I couldn't find a good image for it with my limited time at school to post, so it's not there.

HOWEVER, DUE TO THIS POST, IT NOW IS.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Michael H wrote: »
    I thinking of earning the first badge for all the assault rifles. It might help keep the game fresh if I expand my horizons beyond the weapons I've always used.

First badge, as in Veteran I? Yeah, I highly recommend it...then move into LMGs and SMGs as well (I've already got the L86 marksmanship badge). Using the same gun forever just gets old after a while.
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Is regular witching considered a glitch? I don't Witch cause I don't have Tac-knife for anything, but also I suck at it.

But I mean, using a tac knife in conjunction with Marathon, I dunno...Cold Blooded, and Commando doesn't seem like exploiting a glitch. How could the guys at IW not anticipate some one using that combo?

Lack of playtesting?

Witching isn't a glitch. It's just an unbalanced play mechanic that IW failed to notice before sending this out into the wild. Maybe at some point some playtester at IW tried out Marathon/Lightweight/Commando/Tac Knife. Maybe not. If he did, he must have sucked (and hard) because anybody who isn't functionally retarded can easily find themselves towards the top of the scoreboard using it. It's a dominant tactic, and for good reason.

Yes, they had a semi-witch class in the default classes (no Commando, right?). Which just goes even further to suggest how little playtesting they did, because they obviously built that class with the intent of having players move rapidly and silently, running and gunning with the SMG and maybe getting the occasional quick knife kill when necessary. They didn't see exclusive knife use happening, and it obviously at no point during playtesting did anybody doing said testing have the bright idea to try it.

But of course, once you throw it to a few million people and give them the chance to discover what kind of fuckery is truly possible, it came out near instantly. As of now, while they're not exactly forthcoming with the info, I'm guessing they're still trying to dream up a way to nerf the mechanic without doing away with the perks and attachments they started out with. And good luck with that. Any change to "fix" it is going to be drastic.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    If they do anything (else) to nerf witching, then I will be done with this game.

Burtletoy on