NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    but it's simple

everyone has 100 hp, and in hardcore they have 30

Nuzak on
  • Options
    PrecursorPrecursor Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Just played 5 matches, 4 of them had unlimited care package glitchers. Maybe it's time to put this game away until they patch it out.

Precursor on
    Quashdom.png
  • Options
    InsanityInsanity Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, but comparing two different sloping lines on a badly labeled graph doesn't really do the job. You have to convert to hits-to-kill to get a meaningful result.

For instance, if one gun goes from 40 to 30 damage over 100 meters to 150, and another drops from 40 to 30 over 110 to 160, it looks substantially better, but in fact it's only better over small chunks of distance where the breakpoints are.

With sniper rifles especially, hits-to-kill is a much nicer measure, when working out if you want to use a silencer or stopping power. Some people swear that certain sniper rifles don't gain anything from stopping power, which is usually false as 70*1.1 is a two shot kill, while 70*1.1*1.4 is a one shot kill. Same for the famas/m16 where stopping power gives you a lot more potential for one shot kills.

Having your opponent dead before they know they're in a firefight with you is very handy indeed.

Insanity on
    gBpkw.jpg
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Burtletoy wrote: »

No I don't. Would you like to know why? Because someone would have to tell me after the game is over in the lobby that he is abusing infinite care marker glitch for me to know he was doing it. That is pretty much the exact opposite of game breaking. it is so small and unnoticable that i dont notice it. Not game breaking.

Plus there is that whole, you have to stand out in the open waiting for like 15 seconds while everyone watches you, and then you have a big marker pop up on the map saying "hey guys a free kill/free kill streak is right here!" while you take a good three seconds to grab/call in your reward before you can use your gun again.

As someone said yesterday in the PA games I played. "We saw a group of infinite glitchers today, but they spent so much time trying to glitch that they all ended up last on the losing team anyways"

So, no, care packedges don't bother me. Its not like 3 or 4 kills is hard to get. Hell, care packedges SHOULD be raining down from the sky the whole game because they are so easy to get.

ah no, sorry, wrong. on maps like sub base, afghan, and quarry there are plenty of places to hide and perform the glitch
    here's a scenario. one dude out of 12 is going to infinite care package glitch
    he gets his first care package, and this leads to another, and another. you might go and try to get him if you know he was doing it, but by that time he probably has people covering him and atleast 3 killstreaks to use. one should not be able to rain death and destruction on the level he is by getting 3 kills. it's quite game breaking. fuck, what if he makes it to 7 and gets infinite emergency drops? everyone on the team will just sit back and watch as harriers, choppers, and every other flying form of death is unleashed on my team.
    just because you've not had it done against you, doesn't mean it's not a problem. i've played games where airsupport kept streaming in from every direction, and as soon as you'd destroy one another would take it's place in moments.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    It's mind bottling how quickly some of these legit Black Skull 70s got there.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    xtaxta Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    joshgotro wrote: »
    It's mind bottling how quickly some of these legit Black Skull 70s got there.

it is

when the game was within it's first release week, i saw people who already prestiged 1x

xta on
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Insanity wrote: »
    Someone needs to redo the weapon charts in terms of number of shots to kill, rather than damage.

Someone who isn't me, that is.

The breakpoints are 20, 34, 50 and 100 without Stopping Power, 15, 24, 36 and 72 without. But then you've gotta add in the 1.1, 1.4 and 1.5 multipliers for damage zones, etc and I just can't be bothered.

The FAL at 55-35 kills in 2 up close, 3 at range
    The 40-30 assault rifles kill in 3 up close, 4 at range
    The 30-20 assault rifles kill in 4 up close, 5 at range

wonderpug on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

No I don't. Would you like to know why? Because someone would have to tell me after the game is over in the lobby that he is abusing infinite care marker glitch for me to know he was doing it. That is pretty much the exact opposite of game breaking. it is so small and unnoticable that i dont notice it. Not game breaking.

Plus there is that whole, you have to stand out in the open waiting for like 15 seconds while everyone watches you, and then you have a big marker pop up on the map saying "hey guys a free kill/free kill streak is right here!" while you take a good three seconds to grab/call in your reward before you can use your gun again.

As someone said yesterday in the PA games I played. "We saw a group of infinite glitchers today, but they spent so much time trying to glitch that they all ended up last on the losing team anyways"

So, no, care packedges don't bother me. Its not like 3 or 4 kills is hard to get. Hell, care packedges SHOULD be raining down from the sky the whole game because they are so easy to get.

ah no, sorry, wrong. on maps like sub base, afghan, and quarry there are plenty of places to hide and perform the glitch
    here's a scenario. one dude out of 12 is going to infinite care package glitch
    he gets his first care package, and this leads to another, and another. you might go and try to get him if you know he was doing it, but by that time he probably has people covering him and atleast 3 killstreaks to use. one should not be able to rain death and destruction on the level he is by getting 3 kills. it's quite game breaking. fuck, what if he makes it to 7 and gets infinite emergency drops? everyone on the team will just sit back and watch as harriers, choppers, and every other flying form of death is unleashed on my team.
    just because you've not had it done against you, doesn't mean it's not a problem. i've played games where airsupport kept streaming in from every direction, and as soon as you'd destroy one another would take it's place in moments.

The problem with that is that having heliocopters sitting in the 'waiting for airspace to clear' zone is so mind numbingly normal and average that it happens every game anyways. How do I know if a person is cheating, or just a normal everyday guy. Calling in 4 care packedges in a game doesn't really mean shit. I've called in multiply emergency air drops in a game. It isn't hard.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    it's easy to tell when after you shoot down 5 they keep coming
    or when you see 25 airdrop markers on one side of the map

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    but again, 6 care markers is a perfectly normal non-cheating thing to do. (4, 5, 8) So I don't see how anyone doing that is automatically a game breaking cheater. Espically since it isn't game breaking.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    InsanityInsanity Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, but again, depending on map size and usual engagement distances, you can work out where you're going to be able to get one burst kills out to, etc etc.

If most of the nice spots on a map need 2 m16 bursts to kill from (afghan for instance) there's no point using stopping power because you can't land all 3 shots at those ranges.

Basically what I'm getting at is that the weapon graphs are misleading because many different damages take the same number of shots to kill mans.

Insanity on
    gBpkw.jpg
  • Options
    PrecursorPrecursor Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Willeth wrote: »
    Are you fucking kidding?! I just went on my best fucking streak ever, had the nuke equipped, and as soon as I get my chopper gunner every fucking person leaves.

Doesn't everyone leave when someone that isn't them gets a nuke? I mean, there is literally no incentive to stay in a game when you are about to be tac-nuked. I could stay in the game, die and lose. Or i could leave the game, not die, still lose, but also find another game to play without some silly goose thats running a nuke.
    Match bonus.

In terms of sniper rifles, a silencer makes any sniper rifle two shots unless you hit the head with stopping power. So it's not really a good idea to put a suppressor on a sniper rifle, but if you must then go with the M21 EBR.

The M21 EBR has the smallest recoil of the rifles and so it's best suited to 2 quick shots. Stopping power helps very little here as covered above.

The WA2000 has nothing to gain from stopping power. Shots to the head and chest are 1 hit kills and shots to the torso and limbs are not, stopping power does not change any of this.

The Barrett 50cal and the Intervention are the best sniper rifle to pair with stopping power. 1 shot kills to anywhere but the limbs.

There's your primer.

edit: Holy shit, things move fast in this thread.

Precursor on
    Quashdom.png
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Insanity wrote: »
    Yeah, but again, depending on map size and usual engagement distances, you can work out where you're going to be able to get one burst kills out to, etc etc.

If most of the nice spots on a map need 2 m16 bursts to kill from (afghan for instance) there's no point using stopping power because you can't land all 3 shots at those ranges.

Basically what I'm getting at is that the weapon graphs are misleading because many different damages take the same number of shots to kill mans.

If you are using the M16, do yourself a favor and use Stopping Power, especially if you run silenced like I do. In general, fire two bursts for insurance. The first burst will either slow em down or kill them outright. The second burst seals the deal, and it takes less than 2 seconds.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    The Grey GOATThe Grey GOAT Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    fsmith1 wrote: »
    Some idiot named "man ho fo sho86" just sent me my first text hate mail. The retard kept coming after me in the Loft in Invasion. I got a 9 kill streak from killing him alone. He sent me a message that said "ur a bitch , gg noob".

My reply?

"Your delicious tears taste so sweet. Cry More."

There's a reason my clan tag has been set as Q.Q since CoD4 ^_^

Funny isn't it. I got called a camping fag for sniping the same person 3 times in a row who kept trying to come back for revenge. I was also called a noob for getting a double kill with a grenade launcher once while using an ACR the whole match with no scope. The funny part about that one is the guys complaining had terrible scores.

The Grey GOAT on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." -HST
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    but again, 6 care markers is a perfectly normal non-cheating thing to do. (4, 5, 8) So I don't see how anyone doing that is automatically a game breaking cheater. Espically since it isn't game breaking.

When I see somebody call in four Emergency Airdrops in rapid succession, I feel comfortable saying they're cheating. Especially on Hardcore. The game just doesn't move that fast.

And even if your entire team is running Cold Blooded, the explosions from the Precision Airstrikes and Harriers (and Stealths) will fuck up your day...and Choppers/AC-130s don't need a lock-on to fire.

Also I don't know what games you've been playing in but I've never seen more than 6 or so packages on the ground at one time (unless they're on the roof or overpass, I suppose). Let alone twelve. That all just dropped at once. And keep coming.

Convince yourself they're not cheating all you want, because you can't prove it or whatever. Most of us are willing to acknowledge the obvious. And to the rest of us that want to play a game without easy and infinite killstreak rewards, it's game-breaking.

But then, I think the Care Package run speed "glitch" (I'll call it a glitch since it's being patch, even though it was originally intended) is game-breaking. As in, it turns the game from a good one into a shitty one, unbalances play, and makes the game less fun for a majority of people.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Are you fucking kidding?! I just went on my best fucking streak ever, had the nuke equipped, and as soon as I get my chopper gunner every fucking person leaves.

Doesn't everyone leave when someone that isn't them gets a nuke? I mean, there is literally no incentive to stay in a game when you are about to be tac-nuked. I could stay in the game, die and lose. Or i could leave the game, not die, still lose, but also find another game to play without some silly goose thats running a nuke.

I tend to stay, if only because I know how annoying it would be, and because if you leave you miss out on your match bonus, a few thousand points, which is five seconds away. You can always back out after.

See? The part where you said it would be annoying to not kill anyone with your nuke? I think the annoying part is that some silly goose is ruining my game with his nuke, so I think it evens out. My goals in this game are to 1) kill people and 2) win. Sometimes in that order, sometimes switched. By calling in your nuke you ensure than I 1) cant kill people and 2) cant win (if you are on the other team) so all my reasons for staying in the game vanish, and so do I.

but you're a silly goose who's ruining the nuker's game. He got that nuke and then you take off before he can get credit for his achievement of getting a 25 kill streak.

edit:

also, when one team has the sky full of all possible kill streaks at all possible times, guess which team is going to win.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    edited January 2010

I tend to stay, if only because I know how annoying it would be, and because if you leave you miss out on your match bonus, a few thousand points, which is five seconds away. You can always back out after.

See? The part where you said it would be annoying to not kill anyone with your nuke? I think the annoying part is that some silly goose is ruining my game with his nuke, so I think it evens out. My goals in this game are to 1) kill people and 2) win. Sometimes in that order, sometimes switched. By calling in your nuke you ensure than I 1) cant kill people and 2) cant win (if you are on the other team) so all my reasons for staying in the game vanish, and so do I.

but you're a silly goose who's ruining the nuker's game. He got that nuke and then you take off before he can get credit for his achievement of getting a 25 kill streak.

edit:

also, when one team has the sky full of all possible kill streaks at all possible times, guess which team is going to win.

Yes I am. I said so in my first post about nukes. I said, im a jerk for leaving. He is a jerk for nuking. In the end, I count that as two negatives making a positive. He got his nuke like he wanted, i left the game to go kill people like I wanted. win win in my book.

And to your edit, I guess the answer is the team trying to achieve the objective? Or a more snarky answer, the team that wanted it more.

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    Nayl219Nayl219 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    wow, just wow. I was in a domination match using a riot shield build and running to B with my shield on my back. I start my run and hear this metallic clank. I keep running, hearing the same thing every other step.

This confuses me but I ignore it, making for the flag. After hearing this same noise about 12 times while moving, my controller's batteries die, which leaves me standing still. At which point some witcher runs past my side and stabs me.

I found out in the kill cam that this guy had been following me the whole time stabbing my shield repeatedly every chance he could. I was actually impressed with his dedication to the knife cult. I wonder if he thought hed eventually get through the shield?

Nayl219 on
    Gamertag: brautigan219
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Nayl219 wrote: »
    wow, just wow. I was in a domination match using a riot shield build and running to B with my shield on my back. I start my run and hear this metallic clank. I keep running, hearing the same thing every other step.

This confuses me but I ignore it, making for the flag. After hearing this same noise about 12 times while moving, my controller's batteries die, which leaves me standing still. At which point some witcher runs past my side and stabs me.

I found out in the kill cam that this guy had been following me the whole time stabbing my shield repeatedly every chance he could. I was actually impressed with his dedication to the knife cult. I wonder if he thought hed eventually get through the shield?

Haha. I like to do this to teammates when they have the shield on their backs, only with an LMG or something.

It generally scares the shit out of them because it's quiet, then suddenly CLANK/DEFLECT X100 OH GOD.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    fsmith1fsmith1 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Wow, looking through my accolades, the three I've got more than 60 times are Evolver, None Spared and Path Finder.

None spared I've gotten 73 times.

It's also worth mentioning I'm still on prestige 0, rank 57.

fsmith1 on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, none feared is the easiest one to get (for me at any rate)

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    npc.EXEnpc.EXE Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    *ahem*

The following is a special message from npc:

I love playing with you PA peoples. I hate playing against you.

You're kind, courteous, talkative without spamming the mic with ear raping noises, and tend to play objective oriented.

You're also really really good at this game. :x

npc.EXE on
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    You're good too dude. Get a fucking mic though.

joshgotro on
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Having OMA on the actual sniper class sucks ass, because again, 3 seconds is a shitload of time.

With a semi-auto sniper, it could work. Even when I'm using the Intervention, my preferred close quarters weapon is the knife. Haven't tried putting OMA on my sniper class yet, but if I had more class slots to mess around with, I'd consider it.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Precursor wrote: »

In terms of sniper rifles, a silencer makes any sniper rifle two shots unless you hit the head with stopping power. So it's not really a good idea to put a suppressor on a sniper rifle, but if you must then go with the M21 EBR.

The M21 EBR has the smallest recoil of the rifles and so it's best suited to 2 quick shots. Stopping power helps very little here as covered above.

Actually the m21 to the chest is not a 1 hit kill but with stopping power it is.

CommunistCow on
    No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Sanguine, Holi, Hyper, Pab, and I were playing Domination and ran into some boosters.

Holiground procedes to spray them to death at 24 kills and we were all so pumped we won the match.

AWESOME.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    MorvidusMorvidus Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Wow, looking through my accolades, the three I've got more than 60 times are Evolver, None Spared and Path Finder.

I have most knife kills 2137 times.

Morvidus on
  • Options
    Proven MortalProven Mortal Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    "The Show" is the best accolade, love that one.

Especially since I wasnt aiming for it when I got a few of them, I just go crazy and apparently dont die a full match.

Edit: Sadly does not give a title iirc. :x

Proven Mortal on
    Proven+Mortal.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Morvidus wrote: »

I have most knife kills 2137 times.

1199 None Spared, 999 The Feared and 762 Immortal.
    59 Supernaturals.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    TheSecretSeventhTheSecretSeventh GARegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    just an observation/generalization. having been on this thread since the second iteration, i cant recall anyone coming in here talking about how they LOVE dog raping, or care package glitching, or care package running. Sure, some of us have tried it, and they will get their due judgement in the afterlife, but no one on here is, for lack of better words, a "cheating, 'blunt trauma,' douchebag cock-knocker."

It makes me wonder if those tools do visit the thread and are too embarrassed or afraid to admit their heinous deeds, or if they simply arent hardcore gamers like i would assume most of us to be?

Like i said, its a generalization, but still interesting to think that maybe if they visited and learned of more inventive ways to have fun and kill lots of mans, they'd stop doing what they're doing. Personally, I doubt it, but ive always been a cynic.

Until the day that we can all play in harmony without glitches, I will continue to make it my goal in a match to completely rape them, online of course. Theres nothing quite so satisfying as knifing a witcher in the back.

TheSecretSeventh on
    PSN: DW_Drummer22
    XBL: MightyManotaur
    PA: TheSecretSeventh
    wait....
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'll witch sometimes it's kinda fun.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    SkutSkut wrote: »

get the hell out of this thread, youre undermining the point i was trying to make....

TheSecretSeventh on
    wait....
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    SkutSkut wrote: »

get the hell out of this thread, youre undermining the point i was trying to make....

I witch all the time. And the PA 360 crowd all knows it.

And I used to dog rape all the time, but that was before the patch made it so you can't use it with marathon, which for me made it worthless, and the PA 360 guys knew that also. Alpha used to dog rape a bunch too.

But then again it doesn't bother me when other people use them, so I really see no problem with 1887's.

However, Lookfreegrenade is a badger tho...

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    Proven MortalProven Mortal Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Actually I've been lying this entire time, my gamertag isnt "Proven Mortal" its "xXxPOT420ERRYDAYxXx" perfected by a High Command title and pot leaf emblem,

and I use dual 1887's always, which have been perfectly balanced since day 1, also the care package marker is just very light right, and ideal for knifing so thats why you run really fast, totally legit !

And some times when you throw it, you get another for some odd reason... If you climb stuff at the same time... Again and again... Anyway thats also totally legit, but ofcourse I'm just really good, but these arent cheats !
    Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, sue me. I dont mind the 1887, witchblades and that stuff anymore really, but fuck genuine cheaters.

Proven Mortal on
    Proven+Mortal.png
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Man, I met a guy in real life that started boasting about his MW2 stats, then proceeded to talk about all the awesome times he'd had dog-raping, witching, racking up kills instead of going after objectives in Sabotage and Demolition, and yes even nuke boosting.

I had to steady my hand, because having the opportunity to viciously assault one of these guys in real life was almost too much to resist.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    fsmith1fsmith1 Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I believe I just played the most eerily quiet match of Estate I've ever had the misfortune of playing. I think virtually every single person on the server (this is MTDM mind you) was running a silencer + ninja or was a sniper. It almost felt like hardcore the way that there would be literally 30 to 45 seconds of hearing absolutely no gunfire.

At the time I was running my Surgeon build...

FAL w/ Silencer/Holo
    G18 Akimbo w/ Silencer
    Bling Pro
    Stopping Power Pro
    Ninja Pro

I just couldn't believe how quiet the whole game was. It didn't help that four or five of the people in the game liked hiding in the most obscure spots possible. The atmosphere was so unsettling, you could cut the tension with a witch's blade.

fsmith1 on
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Speaking of builds:

RPD Grip/Silencer
    any dang thing

Bling
    Stopping power
    Whateva

Is surprisingly effective. If you come across a group you can mow them down without them realizing what's happening most of the time.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I dont know why, but i cannot allow myself to try witching and stuff. I guess because i complain so much about it. I mean, its not cheating, and i dont get pissed at the player, its just lame that certain set-ups can dominate a game and make it less fun for everyone else. But at least dog-rapists and witchers arent near invincible like damn badgers. Speaking of, there was one in a match the other day, and i tried to warn my team of his position after he killed me and some kid asked what a "badger" was. I responded, "if you have to ask, youre already dead." And sure enough, i hear "damn it!"

poor kid didnt stand a chance.

TheSecretSeventh on
    wait....
  • Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So I encountered my first, full-blown hacker on the PC tonight. GW Domination.

It was 3 of them, all same clan, using some ridiculous aimbot. Seriously - you watched the killcam and their sight is swinging all over the screen like they're having a seizure, spraying bullets and getting headshots from ridiculous distances and through cover.

A lot of my teammates quit - I just used it as an excuse to shoot down all their killstreak rewards and net the XP from that. 10 points from victory they call in the Nuke. Of course.

I had a bad feeling about it - just before the match starts they're on the Voice Chat: "Now let's have a good, clean game with no hacking, okay?"

Smug little fuckers.

RisenPhoenix on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    it's not that the glitches themselves exist that is so bad ( i mean i'm sure IW would have rather shipped a balanced product), it's the sheer numbers of assholes who abuse them. it's the most refreshing thing to play a game where no one is cheating, i mean fuck i'd rather do private PA matches and gain no points then deal with these piles of steamy fecal matter.

Local H Jay on