As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Global Agenda] Sci-fi TF2 with jetpacks but with fewer classes and fewer hats

1141516171820»

• Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    Badwrong wrote:
    I had steam re-install it. Got my 50 medic still... no PA guild/clan/corp thingie is there?

I dont think theres been a PA group on it since 2 months after the game came out.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I'm really surprised they're still adding content. There must still be a small base paying for some of their freemium material.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote:
    I'm really surprised they're still adding content. There must still be a small base paying for some of their freemium material.

Actually from what i've read, they are making more money on the game now, and have more players active than when they were a paid game. Something like double the players? There was an article on it on Kotaku or something. The game has been a big success for them since it went Free, and they've actually really ramped up content creation since.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I worked on my recon a little bit over the last few days. Doing some of the daily missions has helped; I've never been good at playing the "sniper" in online games. I just don't have the aim.

That has applied to GA as well; as a result my recon got little use because I was only really able to run him with the SMG and I felt other classes had abilities that better suited that playstyle.

With the new north desert zone, and the "defense" missions, I've been able to practice using the sniper rifles a bit more and I'm starting to improve. One quest has you killing the v2 Wasps, requiring 10 kills AND a specific loot drop. It took me quite a while to get the loot drop, but in the process I learned a lot about shooting at small, moving targets. ;)

I'm not the best and likely never will be - you won't see me PvP'ing much as a recon, I'm sure. That said, I've improved to the point where the class is at least enjoyable, and I've actually been producing the damage output in missions that you'd expect from a recon. I no longer feel useless to the group. :D

citizen059 on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote:

Actually from what i've read, they are making more money on the game now, and have more players active than when they were a paid game. Something like double the players? There was an article on it on Kotaku or something. The game has been a big success for them since it went Free, and they've actually really ramped up content creation since.

I would love to read that article if you find a link again. That's really interesting.

What is this I don't even.