As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The best things go in my mouth [COCK]

• Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Usagi wrote: »
    neville wrote: »
    cooking anything else, Usagi?
    hint hint
    ;p

after my doctor's appt this evening I got the rest of the super secret ingredients I need to make your treats

8-)

yoooo

I've been meaning to find a new special brownie recipe

Staleghoti on
    tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Honestly the only beer I have memory of the taste of is blue moon, my beer before that was too many years ago.

I do really like wine. Don't think I've come across one that I haven't at least been okay with.

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited April 2010
    where do you live

Unknown User on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    The best wine I've had was a noble riesling dessert wine we picked up in NZ (Aurum was the winery). we brought one bottle back with us, and tried to order more. Only 3 of the 6 bottles we ordered got through customs (they were sent separately for some reason).

Rum I like, provided it's mixed with something, vodka I liked, but is the only alcohol that's made me sick ever.

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I live in North Dakota, USA, aka bumblefuck nowhere.

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I want to try crystal skull vodka.

Well not so much try.

More have a bottle in the shape of a skull.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    just of the top of my head some inexpensive and easy to find starter beers would be either landshark or corona (with or without lime) and dos equis (with or without lime).

I picked these out because the first two are really light, so if you don't like hoppy stuff or things that are too bitter or stout, it's not going to drive you away right away. Dos Equis is just awesome though, it's a darker lager with a little kick.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I too am interested in trying that. But I like vodka.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I'll try those!

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I'm sure there are better recommendations, but I'd much rather buy a 3$ beer and dislike it than a 7 or 8$ one and dislike it.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Dos Equis' lager is indeed very mild. A much cheaper, similar lager would be Moosehead, a twelve of which as far as I am concerned is the best $10 you can spend.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    neville wrote: »
    robothero wrote: »
    have you tried many beers? Things like IPAs are super bitter, which I don't really like, but stouts and lagers are good!

I've tried maybe 10 kinds total, not counting 4-5 of the "cheap" options, which were terrible.
    I'm not sure if I tried any stouts or lagers, I suppose I should try those then and see.
    The only one I halfway enjoyed was one from Louisiana made with raspberries, I believe.

As far as non-stouts or lagers, I have tried virtually every suggestion and not really liked them.
    Maybe its the hops I dislike and not the actual bitterness.

If you've tried that many beers in the states, you've definitely had a few lagers. The other one was probably an Abita.

If you like dry whites and dessert wines, you might try a wheat.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Someone tell me that it's ok to eat an entire loaf bread with cultured danish butter.

I just want to feel good while eating it because it tastes sooooo good.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010

just under 600 calories
    riiiiiiight

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Druhim wrote: »

just under 600 calories
    riiiiiiight

Holy fuck.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    the comments are absolutely hilarious

also

http://www.foodgeekery.com/reviews/double-down-with-kfc/

Unknown User on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    i will eat it

i may document this procedure

Faricazy on
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    i'm sure wheat beers or whatever else taste sweet to the discerning palate, but to me they taste like 'beer.' just like literally every other beer i've tasted. there are minor differences to me, but mostly i can't get over the fact that the taste mostly makes me want to vomit.

satansfingers on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    Maybe you just don't like beer

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    i don't and i'm trying to get across that sometimes people don't like beer

i've gotten really frustrated over the years by how everyone thinks that it's just a matter of finding the right beer

satansfingers on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    That’s it? That is the sandwich? That’s not worth five dollars. <takes a bite> Oh… oh my God. That is the best thing ever. I don’t know what “Colonel’s Sauce” is, but it is like a party in my mouth. This is completely worth the five dollars. Unfortunately I’m going to end up weighing 700 lbs after this, but it is simply amazing

SOLD

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    i don't and i'm trying to get across that sometimes people don't like beer

i've gotten really frustrated over the years by how everyone thinks that it's just a matter of finding the right beer

That's fair and all, but neville seemed to be open to continuing to try beers, so people made recommendations.

Anyway, the best way to find out if you like beer or not is to go do back breaking labor under a hot sun all day, and then pound the coldest, cheapest lager you can find.

edit: Also, in regards to your previous post, it's not even necessarily a matter of a discerning or experienced palette. Yeah, most beers are different within a limited range, but there are a number of major outliers in all directions. There are beers that really taste only like fruit or chocolate or roast beef (I did not enjoy this at all, nor did I order it so, not my fault), or a number of other things that aren't beer. Some types of lambic just taste like a deep red.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    It takes a bit to find a beer, or several beers, that you like.

For the longest time I was never a fan. Why? Crap beer. Lived in england for a bit and helloooooooo. Now I'm a fan. Love belgian style beers, hate things that are overly hoppy. Some people go in the opposite direction.

If you don't like beer, then yea...no point in trying to force the point. Enjoy a nice dry cider instead. Strongbow, perhaps.

Also, I just picked up some bitters and I think I may fix myself an old fashioned when I get home. Mmmm.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    For me it was more about finding the beer I disliked the least and then kind of acquiring a taste for it. Or just getting drunk enough off of something else before switching to beer so I notice the taste less.

Sir Platypus on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I love me a sam adams

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    For me it was more about finding the beer I disliked the least and then kind of acquiring a taste for it. Or just getting drunk enough off of something else before switching to beer so I notice the taste less.

Well, as it's been said, there are some people who just don't like it. Nothing wrong with that.

However, you mind if I ask what beers you're settling for? Or what kind of taste or flavor you look for in a drink?

I did this with The Geek as well (for cocktails, not beer) and I feel the suggestion I came up with for him was a strong one, but I don't know if he ever got around to trying it.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    TheClarksterTheClarkster Registered User regular
    edited April 2010
    I love me a sam adams

Sam Adams Brewmaster variety pack is always a good choice.
    Either that or a 12 of Newcastle. Mmmmm.

TheClarkster on
    Waka
    Waka

Flocka
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    College kids who buy a shit ton of shitty beer are drinking in a non-economical fashion

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
    Sam Adams is excellent. I've still got a couple of Oktoberfest's sitting in my fridge.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I like Sam's, but not the Boston Lager. The other varieties, including Light, all taste better to me.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I never really liked beer when I first started drinking, so I'd always drink stuff like corona and other piss water because it was basically the most subtle thing out there. As it grew on me I moved down the chain. I think that's how most people in high school did it.

Except IPAs. Bleh.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2010
    Corona is terrible.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    yup!

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    i'm fascinated by taste. like the way beer tastes to me, i can't even imagine drinking enough of it to change anything. it is just gross. but other people just find it kind of unpleasant and then come to love it, and then i've known others who claim to have just enjoyed it from the start. why?

satansfingers on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I never really liked beer when I first started drinking, so I'd always drink stuff like corona and other piss water because it was basically the most subtle thing out there. As it grew on me I moved down the chain. I think that's how most people in high school did it.

Except IPAs. Bleh.

IPAs aren't my favorite, but I wouldn't give them any special distinction as terrible.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    They're obviously not terrible, since so many people enjoy the heck out of them, it's just not my cup of tea.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Well, I mean, for that type of flavor profile, there are beers that take it a lot further than IPAs do. IPAs can be pretty mild.

Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Sam Adams is excellent. I've still got a couple of Oktoberfest's sitting in my fridge.

Me and you are like this

Zen Vulgarity on
This discussion has been closed.