Options

Bad Company 2: If this were your job, you'd be a very rich man.

• Options
    CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Speaking of support points... the best thing ever is to stick on a shotty or the Garand as a recon, run up to a big firefight, and toss in a motion tracker.

I get far more points from using that little ball than I could ever hope to get from kills alone.

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    you own a bean bag couch?

you realize after the marriage is finalized that's the first thing to go right?

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    strategerystrategery Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Hardtarget wrote: »

by beanbag couch I'm talking a lovesack type of thing. And the fuck it's going anywhere. My fiance fucking adores that thing. She actually wants another one lol.

Edit: I have a very scary thought for you too, and it's completely true....

My fiance is quite literally me, but with tits and a vagina. That's right. I have a female doppleganger. Let that haunt your dreams.

strategery on
    Strategeryz0r.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Three hours until I get to be mad at Steam for not unlocking the game.

Peewi on
  • Options
    AoiAoi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    strategery wrote: »
    Aoi wrote: »
    I <3 the tracer dart. Thing racks up so many support points it's disgusting.

i really really like how you get points just for even planting it

in fact in general i'm loving the point system, you get points for fucking EVERYTHING.

edit - strat did you get the PC version? If so what's your EA name, i'll add you to the acradian list we have

Kills score you tons of points, but the reality is the support points are where the big money is. They aren't immediate huge point boosts but they add up insanely quick. Revive points can be gotten rapidly, health pack and ammo pack points are insane if a lot of people use your box, and things like assists for tracer darts are outrageous when you take advantage of them. Their point system really is ingenious in how it promotes team work by rewarded players who help them team more so than those who help themselves. I love it.

And negatory there good sir. I bought 360. All my friends play it, and I've pretty much put the PC to rest.

Woah, now that's something I didn't expect to ever see.

Now for something else you probably didn't expect to see.

I got engaged on Christmas Eve. Due to this I no longer have the funds I used too that allowed me to keep my system up to date. So rather than having to sit here and play catch up every couple years with my PC hardware, and segregating myself away from my massive live friends list(which is exponentially larger than my list of PC playing friends), I decided it was best to pick a system and stick with it. In the end the financially responsible way to go was with my consoles(PS3 and 360). The perks of being a PC gamer are quickly dwindling. It's just not the same as it was 10 years ago, and frankly STEAM is the last bastion of PC gaming anyway. And if for any reason that fails bye bye PC gaming in my opinion.

On top of the fact that the Bad Company games were designed with consoles in mind, but with respect given to the PC, it wasn't a difficult choice. That and, lets face it, big ass bean bag couch + 46" LED HDTV and rockin surround sound beats a desk chair, headphones, and a 24" wide screen monitor any day.

Well then, congrats Sir. I'll be seeing you on Live and PSN a lot more lately then :D And congrats on the engagement.

Aoi on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

by beanbag couch I'm talking a lovesack type of thing. And the fuck it's going anywhere. My fiance fucking adores that thing. She actually wants another one lol.

My fiance is quite literally me, but with tits and a vagina. That's right. I have a female doppleganger. Let that haunt your dreams.

wait so we have a twin sister as well?

oh damn does she have a goatee too?

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Aoi wrote: »
    Well then, congrats Sir. I'll be seeing you on Live and PSN a lot more lately then :D And congrats on the engagement.

Thank you sir. If you're ever up for some Halo me and the woman play it pretty frequently. That or Modern Warfare 2. Trying to get her into BC2 as well, but she has a hard time accepting that the vehicles aren't just rolling death machines.

And if you're ever up for some Uncharted 2 my PSN ID is the same as my live ID.

strategery on
    Strategeryz0r.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Well not quite that much like me. Besides I'm your evil twin, and I don't have facial hair anymore :P.

So to answer your question. No.. No goat. Just 36Cs.

strategery on
    Strategeryz0r.png
  • Options
    Vic_HazardVic_Hazard Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    jefe414 wrote: »
    I wonder why they went with the AT-4 as the guided missile instead of the Javelin or something. Would have been interesting to have a line of unguided missiles (RPG7, AT-4) and then the AT guided weapons (javelin for example) then dedicated AA launchers (stinger). Makes the engineer pick and choose the launcher.

The javelin is an insane launcher, it's crew operated (two people) and not something you just run around with. It has a huge payload which destroys tanks dead, while the AT4 is a faster, portable and lighter AT weapon. It makes more sense.

Also DICE is swedish, so 2/3 of the launchers has to be aswell. 8-)

I enjoy that they didn't include any lock on systems (without tracers) like the stinger, would've made the tracers (and the launchers it helps) much less useful and helicopters too easy to bring down. The AT4 can guide itself onto choppers, but then you can't just fire from behind cover, or fire and run. You have to stay where the chopper can retaliate, it's a great compromise i think. They've designed so that they have three useful and balanced launchers, instead of giving us moot choices.

Edit: Though i don't really get it why they didn't swap places with the AT4 and Carl Gustaf, but I'm probably not that weapon savvy anyway. The AT4 is perfect for the Gustafs roles in the game, blowing up stuff that isn't heavy tanks such as infantry, walls and light vehicles.

Vic_Hazard on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Well not quite that much like me. Besides I'm your evil twin, and I don't have facial hair anymore :P.

I gu ess that's cool if you like them small.
    wait you shaved? you son of a bitch. also the evil twin is the one who is supposed to have the goatee, i should probably shave

and uh.. regarding battlield uh.. pew pew, game is awesome

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    edited March 2010

I gu ess that's cool if you like them small.
    wait you shaved? you son of a bitch. also the evil twin is the one who is supposed to have the goatee, i should probably shave

and uh.. regarding battlield uh.. pew pew, game is awesome

Yea. i shaved. I discovered if I shaved the beard off then I look even more awesome when rocking my various Fedoras.

yes that battlefield game is quite awesome. I really like the explosions n shit.

And 36Cs on a girl who is 5ft 2in tall are like mountains you son of a bitch. Her tits are almost her entire body.

strategery on
    Strategeryz0r.png
  • Options
    BoogdudBoogdud Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

It was in the beta, and we were at the third area on Port Valdez where I was on the attacking team. I went to prime the charge on the MCOM closest to the helipad, but before I did so, I tagged the Apache. Right after I set the charge, some guy comes up from behind me and noob tubes me from basically point blank and then runs off for the apache because he was dumb as hell. So I go and respawn back at the staging area (near the second set of MCOMs) for my team and locked onto the apache immediately and shot it down right as the MCOM I activated blew up.

Awesome. I hope immediately after the MCOM blowing up you took a drag off your cig and said something like "Smoked", and that's what set off the big chain reaction that blows up the oil reserve tanks on the "your team won!" message! :D Because that's what I have in my head.

Boogdud on
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

You mean after his balls?

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Speaking from experience?

strategery on
    Strategeryz0r.png
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010

As a married man? Yes. Happens to all of us.

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Just checkin..
    You know.. in case you still want too... :winky:
    you know where to find me

strategery on
    Strategeryz0r.png
  • Options
    s3rial ones3rial one Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Anyone else suddenly getting the "connection to game server has been lost" message?

Was playing fine earlier today. Now I can't connect to any servers; they all give that message.

s3rial one on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Just checkin..
    You know.. in case you still want too... :winky:
    you know where to find me

You mean on your... non PC hardware?

We tried to make it work, we really did.

Anyhow... you wife sounds very much like mine, although I'm not lucky enough to get the 36C treatments. But one thing I've found is that everything comes in moderation; once we bought a house, and I sunk lots of monies into it, she's totally cool with my basement plans. In fact, it was the first room we totally rehabbed, as it were. After buying new appliances, getting new cabinets, a new garage door, and various other fixes, she was totally cool with me going apeshit on my basement; new TV, 360, PS3... even a new mac.

That said, now it's back to more pressing expenses. New roof, new windows... all that happy shit. But then, once that's done, I get a new toy... probably a new car.

tl;dr: take care of b-i-bidness with the house and other wedding expenses... and she'll mellow to your plans for a new PC. And then you can play with the rest of the cool kids.

edit: New thread title: Stonking Great Tits

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    s3rial one wrote: »
    Dracil wrote: »
    should probably put the guide for changing FOV in the OP

Jaunty, make it so.

Where is it?

Not seeing it in the OP yet, and don't see it elsewhere in the thread.

Well I got an infraction for the image since it was too big so it's probably removed.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    BoogdudBoogdud Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Anyone else suddenly getting the "connection to game server has been lost" message?

Was playing fine earlier today. Now I can't connect to any servers; they all give that message.

Close BC2, open task manager and kill any punkbuster processes you see, then restart BC2 and see if you can get back in. I had that for a while last night as well. That fixed it for me.

Boogdud on
  • Options
    s3rial ones3rial one Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Boogdud wrote: »

Close BC2, open task manager and kill any punkbuster processes you see, then restart BC2 and see if you can get back in. I had that for a while last night as well. That fixed it for me.

Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately it didn't work; no Punkbuster processes running at all.

s3rial one on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Boogdud wrote: »

Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately it didn't work; no Punkbuster processes running at all.

That sounds like your problem, then, if PB isn't running as a local service. I'd first try a manual reboot of your computer, and if that doesn't work, trying running the game in Administrator mode*

*unless you're on Steam.

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    DoleyBobDoleyBob Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Anyone having any issues on the PS3? From time to time after a round, it'll just drop me out of the game and say it's lost connect. No big deal right? The problem is that I lose ALL progress made during that game, and so far it's happened three times to me. Anyone else experiencing this?

DoleyBob on
  • Options
    CroakCroak Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Doesnt seem to work for 1943 or BC2 yet. Wheres my garand. :(

Little tip, if you only have one previous game (or lost keys/logins for the others) you can start a free Battlefield Heroes account (takes like a minute) and that instantly counts towards your veterancy.

You need two full titles to get 1 point (I know, a bit bassackward), xpacks for a title don't count.

Croak on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    FYI my server is being restarted soon. It will then be R4 build which should fix the kicking issue.

Dracil on
  • Options
    Mr.BrickMr.Brick Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    DoleyBob wrote: »
    Anyone having any issues on the PS3? From time to time after a round, it'll just drop me out of the game and say it's lost connect. No big deal right? The problem is that I lose ALL progress made during that game, and so far it's happened three times to me. Anyone else experiencing this?

Yeah this has happened to me twice now.
    It sucks and the only way to fix it was to reboot the game.
    It sucks- but its not so bad. 1/15 are odds I can deal with... for now

Mr.Brick on
    pew pew pew
  • Options
    MachismoMachismo Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Last night, I went psycho for some fun.

After three rezes thanks to friendly medics, I had run completely out of ammo. Nobody was dropping ammo crates, and I was trapped with several guys outside. I went on a suicide run from that. I charged out of my building through a gaping hole in the wall and ran full speed at a guy across a fence from me. He backed up just enough to avoid my knife. I pressed my frenzied attack by going behind, around, and over some cover of boxes, leaping from them to knife him on my way down. I leaped beyond him, though. Thankfully, I managed to knife him still.

I then went on a bloody rampage knifing 3 other squad mates of his that just spawned, before a medic administered death. I become very dangerous when I run out of ammo.

Machismo on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2010
    Croak wrote: »

Little tip, if you only have one previous game (or lost keys/logins for the others) you can start a free Battlefield Heroes account (takes like a minute) and that instantly counts towards your veterancy.

You need two full titles to get 1 point (I know, a bit bassackward), xpacks for a title don't count.

I still can't add Heroes. No options when I select it in the drop down menu.

edit: derp, meant 1943.

Echo on
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I have rank 1 and I only registered BF2, unless it automatically tied my beta heroes account... hmmm...

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Echo wrote: »

I still can't add Heroes. No options when I select it in the drop down menu.

I had the Heroes icon highlighted without having to do anything. Maybe it just checks if you're using the same EA account. Or maybe it's like that for everyone since it's free. I dunno.

Peewi on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Jesus Christ guys. I was just playing on PA West for the last couple of hours. All I did was run around with the defibrillators and res every single person I could find. I barely even shot anyone. I knifed quite a few guys though. On that map with the sub pens it felt like I was the medic in the Bastone episode of Band of Brothers. Running through enemy fire healing guys.

I already have the acog unlocked and almost have the long range health packs.

And to reward me for my good karma I got from healing people, my new pc parts arrived just now!

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I'm finding that easily my favorite solution to a heavily defended console is to ignore the front, go around back, and blow a big gaping hole in the wall through which all my buddies can pour through. Works every damn time. I think I would honestly marry high explosives if it was legal.

Also finding myself wishing that more people either knew about explosives destroying consoles or remembered it more often. There's no reason a console should live for long if the surrounding structure is utterly and completely gone and there is a distant hill with a direct line of sight to the target. Should be just a rain of artillery strikes, rockets, and grenades once the console becomes exposed.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm finding that easily my favorite solution to a heavily defended console is to ignore the front, go around back, and blow a big gaping hole in the wall through which all my buddies can pour through. Works every damn time. I think I would honestly marry high explosives if it was legal.

Also finding myself wishing that more people either knew about explosives destroying consoles or remembered it more often. There's no reason a console should live for long if the surrounding structure is utterly and completely gone and there is a distant hill with a direct line of sight to the target. Should be just a rain of artillery strikes, rockets, and grenades once the console becomes exposed.

There is no problem in the world that can't be fixed with the proper application of high explosives.

strategery on
    Strategeryz0r.png
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Okay this game has officially clicked with me.

Flanking groups of enemies and knifing them in the back? Yes please.

I knifed so many people. I knifed two people trying to disarm the bomb we set on the m-comm and then it detonated. I knifed two people attacking from afar on a hill. I knifed two people in the woods after sneaking around them. Sneaking around and killing people by surprise is so much fun.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    so it turns out that basically any bomb thinger on rush mode that is sitting on the second floor can be instantly destroyed by using mortar strikes.

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    This game is so much fun.

I'm The Cow King.

I still can't get a consistent performance.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Vic_HazardVic_Hazard Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Does the mcoms have more hp than in beta? C4ing mcoms aside, i always thought they needed to have way more.

Vic_Hazard on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    They're supposed to.

Dracil on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I certainly hope they do. Got real tired in the demo of someone parking the tank at long range, getting clean shots on one or more of the Mcomms at the first point, and taking them down without ever entering the base.

strategery on
    Strategeryz0r.png
  • Options
    JastJast Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    The M136 with the AK74 is awesome. I love curving missles into helicopters and tanks and taking them down. You think can you can drive past me? Wrong, because you're still getting hit, this time in your weakest spot. 8-)

Jast on
    Jast39.png
This discussion has been closed.