As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tam is a Silly [Chat]

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Final class completed! Woooooo

NightDragon on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    NibCrom wrote: »
    Go to Acrobat > Document > Insert Pages

thanks man

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    No prob.

NibCrom on
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Wooo!

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I didn't think that facebook needed a "dislike" button until my sister in law posted that she fell down a flight of stairs and two of her friends "liked" it.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    Agent ColemanAgent Coleman Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I didn't think that facebook needed a "dislike" button until my sister in law posted that she fell down a flight of stairs and two of her friends "liked" it.

Agent Coleman likes this.

Your post, not your sister in law falling down the stairs, that's terrible.

Agent Coleman on
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Agent Coleman likes this.

Your post, not your sister in law falling down the stairs, that's terrible.

I thought about leaving her a comment to quit being a pussy and walk it off.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    Agent ColemanAgent Coleman Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Eh I guess it depends on the type of fall, like if it was just 3 stairs, if she was maybe backwards, or if there were a bunch of pointy objects at the bottom.

Agent Coleman on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    really I just wanted a bunch of dislikes and a slew of "glad you're okay" comments contrasted by my single "like"

My little sister would have liked it too, seeing as how she's mean like that

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    I think facebook may be destroying my relationship with my parents. When ever they IM me I'm like "THIS IS NOT A MEDIA FOR YOU" and i am filled with loathing. The truth is they both use it "better" than I do.

I kinda hate facebook, but only because I hate pictures of myself.

Iruka on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Iruka, you don't look like you did in my mind.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Has anyone ever tried getting together with others in the AC and having a physical exhibition somewhere?

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Wooo!

Woooo!

Also: Weta is so freakin' awesome. I would kill to work there. I totally nerded the hell out when they worked on LOTR - that's how I first discovered 'em. It's extreeeeeemely competitive to get a job working with them. Especially if you're a non-New-Zealander.
    Please be aware of the following information if you are considering applying to Weta Workshop for a job.

Competition for a very limited number of jobs at the Workshop is fierce. We are sent between 30 and 50 Portfolios a week.
    We already have 5,000 portfolios on file.
    On average we contract five to ten new people a year.
    Our immigration laws demand that we contract from outside New Zealand only when we cannot find a person of similar skills in New Zealand.

BUT JUST LOOK AT ALL THE AWESOME THINGS THEY DO!

(click on the "Movies" tab, select a movie, and you should see a sidescroller for some of the work they did on that film...props, concept art, sfx makeup, maquettes...etc).

NightDragon on
  • Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Forbe! wrote: »
    Has anyone ever tried getting together with others in the AC and having a physical exhibition somewhere?

I'm sure there are enough people in the midwest and west coast to have small shows in those respective locations

[edit] It would be pretty awesome, actually. Every gallery around here features more conceptual "artists". It'd be nice to have a show that featured people who were concerned with craft as much as content.

Fugitive on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    I saw The Boat that Rocked today. It was spectacular! Everyone in it put forth an amazing performance and there wasn't a single boring moment in the entire film.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2010
    That was a ridiculously silly movie. But I love bill nighy so heartily.

Emma Thompson was fantastic.

tynic on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

Wooo!

Woooo!

Also: Weta is so freakin' awesome. I would kill to work there. I totally nerded the hell out when they worked on LOTR - that's how I first discovered 'em. It's extreeeeeemely competitive to get a job working with them. Especially if you're a non-New-Zealander.
    Please be aware of the following information if you are considering applying to Weta Workshop for a job.

Competition for a very limited number of jobs at the Workshop is fierce. We are sent between 30 and 50 Portfolios a week.
    Our immigration laws demand that we contract from outside New Zealand only when we cannot find a person of similar skills in New Zealand.

(click on the "Movies" tab, select a movie, and you should see a sidescroller for some of the work they did on that film...props, concept art, sfx makeup, maquettes...etc).

Congrats ND!

Animal Logic are pretty awesome as well; I've been thinking about applying for an internship there even though it's not exactly my field (they do say they accommodate for people inexperienced in a certain field, so long as they demonstrate creative talent).

Flay on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I am honestly thinking about buying the Hatsune Miku vocaloid software.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Flay wrote: »
    Animal Logic are pretty awesome as well; I've been thinking about applying for an internship there even though it's not exactly my field (they do say they accommodate for people inexperienced in a certain field, so long as they demonstrate creative talent).

Did they used to have an animatronics division? I seem to remember that being on my shortlist of 'Australian companies I'd like to work at', but it doesn't look like they extend beyond animation and CG. Maybe it was another sydney-based company with 'animal' in the title.

Anyway, those guys are awesome.

tynic on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited March 2010
    tynic wrote: »

Your but should be an and.

It was really, really good. Thoroughly lovely.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Spectre-x wrote: »

Your butt should be an end.

Wait.

tynic on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    It's thursday but it feels like friday and I hate that

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So are you done with school for good now Jennifer?

rts on
  • Options
    QuestionMarkManQuestionMarkMan Registered User regular
    edited March 2010

I studied in Wellington for a little over a year and one of my missions was to meet Richard Taylor (head of Weta Workshop). Super nice dude and he gave my brother and I his business card since he liked our faces and wanted to keep in touch(!). We're trying to go back there to work on the production crew for the Hobbit.

It is really competitive to work at the workshop, but since the Hobbit production is slowly starting up they'll be hiring a lot more people. That said, they're not going to be hiring any foreigners unless you're crazy talented but if you're really serious about it, you could apply for a holiday working visa, move to Wellington and work on getting in then. No guarantees, but your odds will be better and Richard really values enthusiasm. Weta Digital will also be needing lots of people and they're not that hard to get into for low level work.

QuestionMarkMan on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Spectre-x wrote: »

It was really, really good. Thoroughly lovely.

But = and in logic ;)

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Fugitive wrote: »
    Forbe! wrote: »

I'm sure there are enough people in the midwest and west coast to have small shows in those respective locations

[edit] It would be pretty awesome, actually. Every gallery around here features more conceptual "artists". It'd be nice to have a show that featured people who were concerned with craft as much as content.

It would be pretty neat to have one around Seattle probably, where a lot of the game industry is, and where PA is based. It would be a huge plus for some of you to get your artwork out there to the man, and excellent gallery experience for your portfolio.

It would probably have to be juried though to keep some of the riff-raff out.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    my god you guys, i teared right up watching this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jByfWOLmjo

hormones!

beavotron on
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Get to find out tomorrow if Lexington holds a seat of power within the halls of Penny Arcade, I am excite.
    I think she got it. Who wouldn't hire someone who knows karate?

EDIT: Too cute beavs.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    She's going to post in this thread with a PA staff tag. What a moment that will be.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    Iruka wrote: »
    I think facebook may be destroying my relationship with my parents. When ever they IM me I'm like "THIS IS NOT A MEDIA FOR YOU" and i am filled with loathing. The truth is they both use it "better" than I do.

I turn chat off because the only people that message me on there are ones I don't want to 'chat' with.

bombardier on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    bombardier wrote: »
    Iruka wrote: »

I turn chat off because the only people that message me on there are ones I don't want to 'chat' with.

You can put those people in another "friends list" that you can set to be "offline"

They won't ever know you're on.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I guess, but I've already got enough other chat mediums that I don't have to pay attention to my browser to see if someone's pesterchumming me.

bombardier on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I have one friend who must have every single chat client she owns on at all times, because if I ever open chat in google, facebook, skype, basically anything, she absolutely pounces. Then I have to hear about her stupid life until I can elegantly extract myself.

This is why I don't message.

tynic on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I have one friend who must have every single chat client she owns on at all times, because if I ever open chat in google, facebook, skype, egal, she absolutely pounces. Then I have to hear about her stupid life until I can elegantly extract myself.

This is why I don't message.

I leave mine on practically all the time except when I power the PC off for the night. Never change statuses. Seems to work pretty well. It is a mystery as to whether I am there or not (aka selective ignoring).

bombardier on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I think I know too many people who enjoy talking to thin air. Plus I feel guilty if I don't respond.

tynic on
  • Options
    GrennGrenn Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    So this evening I went to an art exhibition inside a shopping center and was drinking the free beer and chatting with some guy I'd not seen in a while, when he asked if I'd seen the robots upstairs.

WHAT? I asked Robot-whats!??

So we ventured upstairs and there was this huge open space with some large robot characters. You could actually get inside them and just roll around looking at the other work on display, from the privacy of your own 9-foot-tall robot.

Here, I filmed a brief encounter with a robot!

http://www.vimeo.com/10098615

What an exciting evening. :D
    Also: beer!

Grenn on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    hah! that's awesome.

tynic on
  • Options
    AMKAMK Registered User regular
    edited March 2010
    Thin air is a pretty good conversationalist, tynic.

AMK on
    Find out what it feels like to have head eaten? Y/N?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    AMK wrote: »
    Thin air is a pretty good conversationalist, tynic.

no way, dude's a total ... goose.

tynic on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited March 2010
    So the new Disney Rapunzel movie is a film about a sexually frustrated female Dr.Octopus who's into bondage?

Hell I'll admit it, I am more interested in it now.

Angel_of_Bacon on
This discussion has been closed.