As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Street Fighter: Demon Armageddon, coolest ultra.

• Options
    BarrabasBarrabas Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    TurboGuard wrote: »
    Mugaaz wrote: »
    Barrabas wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuso_Miso_Technique

For those who don't understand the BlazBlue fan...

... D:

That's a little NSFW don't you think. Especially with the first pic to the right.

Jesus Christ, NSFW this stuff. That was not cool.

Maybe you all should just NSFW this entire forum since all you seem to talk about are dicks and wangs and whatnot.

Maybe you don't understand the concept of Not Safe For Work.

It means two things. One for sites you wouldn't want your employers to know you're visiting via internet monitoring. And two something you wouldn't want your coworkers/employers to see on your monitor.

The problem with your link is the second. Someone who was strolling by your cubical, workspace, or whatever would not notice someone writing "dong" in a post on some forum. A man's face in someone's ass however is quite noticeable.

If you still don't understand why people are angry about it, then you're the one with the problem.

Barrabas on
    XBL - ErrorMacro1
  • Options
    StokedUpStokedUp Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Alright all japanese fetish anime aside, Im going to the gym at 7:30. Id love to say im going to be back on time but im not sure so well see....

StokedUp on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gamertag(SSF4/MW2)StokedAidzzzSC2 ID Stoked.655
    Uploaded SC2 Replays
  • Options
    MorvidusMorvidus Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    StokedUp wrote: »
    Alright all japanese fetish anime aside, Im going to the gym at 7:30. Id love to say im going to be back on time but im not sure so well see....

I'm craving tuna right now...

Morvidus on
  • Options
    hadokenhadoken Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    StokedUp wrote: »

Do the manly thing, stay at the gym, pump the guns, come home and fight in the streets.

hadoken on
  • Options
    Rubix42Rubix42 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuso_Miso_Technique

For those who don't understand the BlazBlue fan...

pass the brain bleach!

Dear god please! I like talking about wangs as much as the next guy, but this is above and beyond.

Rubix42 on
    signature goes here
  • Options
    bikkibikkibobikkibikkibo Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I really dig on some of the "new" characters (mainly Ibuki), but I keep returning to viper, cuz I am good with her.

bikkibikkibo on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    i am totally in for ranbattery

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Here is my current list of people for Ranbats tonight. If you are not on here, I don't have you signed up, so feel free to pm me via the forums to get added. As always, it is great fun if you're able to attend, lurker or not, skilled or not, so sign up!
    1. ChaosHat
    2. TheUnsane1
    3. Blackbeard7
    4. Barrabas
    5. Chamberlain
    6. SkutSkut
    7. Lord Palington
    8. ethdem
    9. Evil Multifarious
    10. Kinderparty
    11. RxNegative
    12. Nick T
    13. Lunixy

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    yesss one of my lurking friends signed up

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Last call for ranbat members before I set this up. Late entries accepted, but usually there's a penalty to it.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Can I be a late ranbat entry entrant?

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Aumni gonna fuck you all up.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Here it is, we're doing five pools of three. Top eight advance to double elimination.

Kinderparty
    Barrabas
    Lord Palington

Lunixy
    ChaosHat
    TheUnsane1

Nick T
    Aumni
    ethdem

Evil Multifarious
    StokedUp
    Blackbeard7

RxNegative
    Chamberlain
    SkutSkut

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    ethdemethdem Registered User new member
    edited May 2010
    Gamertag is ethdem, let's do this!

ethdem on
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    How are we su8ppose to report these again?

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Irc is preferable, in thread works too.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    T-boltT-bolt Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    quoting this because the PS3 ranbat was mentioned in the thread title for like a day. PM Edward :)
    Remember folks if you are interested in the PS3 ranbat send a PM to

DasUberEdward

put PS3 Ranbat in the subject line with your PSN ID and include what times work best for you in the body.

T-bolt on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    It'll go back up T-Bolt. How many people do you have anyways DUE?

In regards to tonight's pools session, I'm sorry to all the people who went 1-1 and went out due to various tiebreakers. I didn't think pools of 3 would be that horrible an idea, or that one pool would be so ridiculously even. Although you could have prevented this by winning more =P

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Does anyone here have a link to a copy of the artwork in the back of the SSF4 instruction manual? It's the one on page 48, if that helps. I think it's an awesome piece and world love a digital copy of it. Thanks.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Hockey JohnstonHockey Johnston Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Did a little light searching (in the OP and shoryuken forums) but maybe someone here can help me with what's probably a pretty obvious question.

What are the conditions in which I can be thrown when I'm waking up? If someone throws me like a million times in a row, I should be ________________ ....

Hockey Johnston on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    fucking ranbats

i have fought almost entirely zangiefs and blankas at these things

fuck blanka's j.hk so much. god i hate it. it's worse than racism.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Did a little light searching (in the OP and shoryuken forums) but maybe someone here can help me with what's probably a pretty obvious question.

What are the conditions in which I can be thrown when I'm waking up? If someone throws me like a million times in a row, I should be ________________ ....

Teching. That is, when you think you are about to be thrown, hit lp + lk. If you time it right, you will break the throw attempt. Do this while crouching for an option select tech. That is, if your opponent tries to throw, you will break the throw, if he attacks, you will block, and if he does nothing, you will stick out a low lk.

Very useful, but the timing online can be tricky.

Edit. You can be thrown if you are blocking, or in recovery from doing a move, or doing nothing. You CAN NOT be thrown in most cases if you are performing an attack, or while you are in hit or block stun.

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    edited May 2010

teching
    jumping
    throw-invincible reversal like a shoryuken or similar

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    Hockey JohnstonHockey Johnston Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    What happened was I was getting thrown out of wakeup (someone's Ibuki to my Honda) every single time.

So is the best option to come out of wakeup low blocking and then try to tech their throw? Because it was so totally embarrassing. Like, 8 throws in a row. I could do nothing.

(thanks for the advice!)

Hockey Johnston on
  • Options
    DesertChickenDesertChicken Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Nick T wrote: »
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Antihippy wrote: »
    Barrabas wrote: »
    I'm going to learn to like VF so I too can turn invisible!

It's not turning invisible.

You just simple cease to exist. D:

:(.

We exist....!

Virtua Fighter is awesome don't listen to them Biz.

Virtua Fighter 4's superb tutorial gave me my start in competitive fighting games. For that I tip my hat at it.

DesertChicken on
    PSN/XBLA/SteamID- DesertChicken
    LoL - Renon DeSaxous
  • Options
    sabyulsabyul Registered User regular
    edited May 2010

teching
    jumping

Most characters leave the ground after 4 frames of prejump. Normal grabs come out in 3 frames. Even if the aggressor misses meaty timing with the grab, jumps will not work.

Switch jump with backdash and we're good.

sabyul on
    http://www.frame-advantage.com - Specializing in high quality fighting game video content
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    sabyul wrote: »

teching
    jumping

Most characters leave the ground after 4 frames of prejump. Normal grabs come out in 3 frames. Even if the aggressor misses meaty timing with the grab, jumps will not work.

Switch jump with backdash and we're good.

i've never seen a jump get stuffed by a throw, normal or command.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    sabyulsabyul Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I think I was mistaken about that now that I think of it.

But the thing is backdash is still a way better option. If their mixup is low short or grab, backdash will get out of both of them. An attempted jump will get caught by the short.

sabyul on
    http://www.frame-advantage.com - Specializing in high quality fighting game video content
  • Options
    ArdeArde Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Damnit, seb. :P

Arde on
    Wii code:3004 5525 7274 3361
    XBL Gametag: mailarde

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    it's true that a backdash is almost always a better option. i'm not sure if backdashing in the corner will get you out of a throw, though.

jumping is almost always more punishable and it's way easier to stuff with a normal.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    RancedRanced Default Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    it's true that a backdash is almost always a better option. i'm not sure if backdashing in the corner will get you out of a throw, though.

It does!

Anyway, Rose's new alt is hells of classy. Going to pick that up and start playing Super again. It feels like it's been a while. D:

Ranced on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    fucking ranbats

i have fought almost entirely zangiefs and blankas at these things

fuck blanka's j.hk so much. god i hate it. it's worse than racism.

That made me laugh soooooooooo much good show!

I want to come to Ranbat's but it's dollar sale week so I get to stay late every night YAY!

I am getting better at this game however so are all of you :(.

I kind of want to learn Rufus but I don't know where to start.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I. Hate. Adon.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    that should be the new thread title.

"Blanka: worse than racism."

also, is hating blanka racism?

the answer is no, because "awful green freak" is not a race, it is an abomination before God and man.

hating blanka is not racism. it is righteousness.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Man you guys are so much better than me.

You can tell you're bad at this game when you lose just by getting throwspammed.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    You'd be surprised how effective throw spam actually is.
    First throw:
    "Nah, he's not going to throw me again"

Second throw:
    "....okay, this time he's definitely not going to throw me"

Third throw:
    "Okay obviously, that was the last one. He has to be thinking i'm going to random DP or something...."

Fourth throw:
    "OMG HE'S IN MY HEAD"

RANDOM ULTRA/DP/ANYTHING!!
    And, of course, he blocks it
    *face palm*

Sivraj on
    XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Learn to option select couch teching.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Antihippy wrote: »
    Learn to option select couch teching.

I don't even understand what this sentence means.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Is there ever a time where you shouldn't try to option select your throw?

Sivraj on
    XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin