Options

Community: Troy and Abed in Stopmotion!

• Options
    DoomSong8DoomSong8 Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    My two favorite shows on TV right now, both on NBC, have now done shoutouts to that song.

Confirmed for the greatest song of all time.

DoomSong8 on
    578991-5FHNJ36.jpg
    XBL:Gravity MD PSN:Gravity1204 Steam:Gravity1204
  • Options
    MarioGMarioG Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    That was hilarious. I love this show.

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:
    Mario, if Slenderman had a face, I would punch him in it.

Hey, I have a blog! (Actually being updated again!)

3DS: 0860-3240-2604
  • Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Tomanta wrote: »
    "Is there any room in this pocket for a little spare Chang."

3 seconds after that came on, like 5 people (including me) updated their status to that.

Captain Ultra on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Tomanta wrote: »
    "Is there any room in this pocket for a little spare Chang."

this paid off how bad the changuage and other name pun he did were.
    laughed hard at it.

greeeaaaaaaaaaaat premier. great.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    ThatOneYoYoGuyThatOneYoYoGuy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Favorite shout out: Troy wearing Spider Man PJs
    A reference to the online movement to allow Donald Glover to audition as Spiderman! Lot of references in the opener. Loved it.

ThatOneYoYoGuy on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I RESPECT YOU

THAT IS WHY YOU FAIL

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Sentry wrote: »
    So did anyone else mention that there's a special scene in the DVD where we see Britta and Annie making out?

Know how I know this is a lie? Because the DVD set is only number 5 on Amazon's top sellers list, and not the best selling DVD in the history of mankind.

It's not a lie.
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Were....were they wearing the cheerleader outfits and covered in suds?

Unfortunately, no. They were already stripped down to their underwear.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    So did anyone else mention that there's a special scene in the DVD where we see Britta and Annie making out?

Know how I know this is a lie? Because the DVD set is only number 5 on Amazon's top sellers list, and not the best selling DVD in the history of mankind.

It's not a lie.

The Kickpuncher comic doesn't count!

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010

It's not a lie.

The Kickpuncher comic doesn't count!
    Also, "in the DVD" means it's on the damn DVD's... this is clearly NOT the case, it's in the BOX, NOT DVD.

Oh, and it's not a scene, it's a page... PAGE!

Trying to be a smartass in this case seriously failed you Schrodinger

HooverFan on
    BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    DeathPrawnDeathPrawn Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    I'm really looking forward to an entire season full of Chang puns.

DeathPrawn on
    Signature not found.
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    This episode was so good

BloodySloth on
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    The way they twisted the Jeff/Britta relationship was brilliant demigod genius.

I love how they keep referencing fan opinions/feedback, like when Abed says Jeff is an unlikable lead character.

Lux on
  • Options
    BigBearBigBear If your life had a face, I would punch it. Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Great first episode.
    Am I the only one who thought they weren't gonna go with Jeff/Annie?

BigBear on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Three Chang-isms that need to happen during the season:

1) a Michael Chang joke/pun

2) using his keytar to rewrite David Bowie's song Changes, inserting his name everywhere

3) seeing his apartment and calling it his Changri-La (his wife may of may not be there)

TexiKen on
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Oh wow, I just realized #Oldwhitemansays is a jab at #&$% my Dad says. Troy and Pierce just confirmed it.

Yeah I didnt catch this until they went "hey we should cash in on this! Maybe an oldwhitemansays TV show!" And then they all laughed at the obserdity...

Also, Britta/Jeff kiss wins best kiss for anything ever. Those tounges clashing was like the most hilarious thing ive ever seen.

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    tumblr_l983yiw3ii1qzu6ivo1_500.png

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Lux wrote: »
    The way they twisted the Jeff/Britta relationship was brilliant demigod genius.

I love how they keep referencing fan opinions/feedback, like when Abed says Jeff is an unlikable lead character.

great season opener

valiance on
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    P.good season opener. I liked Pierces bedroom the best.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Updated the OP to include Kickpuncher comic, it's sexcellent. Like my penis.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

that was absolutely hilarious

valiance on
  • Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    valiance wrote: »

that was absolutely hilarious

I love it.

Julius on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Some good news regarding the ratings:
    wrote:
    A guest appearance by Betty White might have helped in softening the blow for NBC's sophomore Community, which faced Big Bang head-on. The NBC comedy drew a 2.2/7 in 18-49, down 10% from the premiere of SNL Weekend Update in the slot a week earlier last year but up 16% from its own time slot premiere at 8 PM last fall after a brief run at 9:30. At 8:30 PM, 30 Rock (2.6/8) was up 24% from the season premiere of Parks & Recreation last year and off modest 13% from its season premiere last year behind The Office where it had two-times bigger lead-in. Maybe boosted by the publicity surrounding star Steve Carell's pending exit, The Office (4.3/11) bucked the down trend for returning series on the night, up 5% from last season's premiere. This was the highest-rated Office episode since the March 4 segment that featured the birth of Jim and Pam's baby. New comedy Outsourced (3.5/9) at 9:30 PM was down 8% from the premiere of Community in the 9:30 slot last fall, but showed better retention than slot predecessor 30 Rock, 81% vs. 73%. The Apprentice (1.4/4) was down 7% from last week's record-low premiere to log its lowest-rated telecast ever. A year ago, the now-defunct Jay Leno Show did a 1.7 in the hour. While viewers still flocked to watch celebrities getting fired in the past few cycles of The Apprentice, seeing ordinary people, who are also unemployed this season, getting the boot is proving rather unpopular.

Big Bang Theory got twice the ratings Community did, but Community stayed level with where it was when it moved to the 8pm time slot. That's encouraging. Plus all the DVD sales should surely help.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Re-watching the episode, you know what's really hilarious that I didn't notice?

The spontaneous dance party after Britta yells "High on my own drama?!" I know she danced away, but you don't realize that it goes on in the background for a really long time and there's not even any music. Imagine that happening in real life, a group of people two stepping with no beat in the middle of a cafeteria for five minutes.

Lux on
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited September 2010

The spontaneous dance party after Britta yells "High on my own drama?!" I know she danced away, but you don't realize that it goes on in the background for a really long time and there's not even any music. Imagine that happening in real life, a group of people two stepping with no beat in the middle of a cafeteria for five minutes.

It's also the lame dance from last season when Britta.... you know what, I don't remember why Britta did that dance. To prove that she was cool or something?

hippofant on
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Ugh, I hate that Community is king amung ratings.

Like, I GOT why arrested development failed. I loved it, but I understood the lack of appeal. You couldnt just jump in and very few characters were likable.

Jeff isnt the most likable lead, but its also more of an ensamble cast. I dont understand how this show isnt tearing it up. It makes me sad. A world in which people dont realize cats lack peni is a world I dont want to live in...

Also, are all those twitter real? Like is it people for the show doing it, or is it just a dedicated, talented group of fans?

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    That was part of the pre-premiere "twitter episode."

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I love that all it takes is for Annie to let her hair down and she becomes like 10 times hotter.

If I could find that gif I'd post it.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    has anyone made a gif yet of Annie punching Jeff?

TexiKen on
  • Options
    Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I didn't think they'd find a way around the kiss from last season and the whole Britta/Jeff thing without it being messy but somehow it was fucking perfect.

Vincent Grayson on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Loved it so much, so happy they flipped it around so that Team Annie and Team Britta are both disqualified

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    hippofant wrote: »

It's also the lame dance from last season when Britta.... you know what, I don't remember why Britta did that dance. To prove that she was cool or something?

And the girl on Troy's shoulders is still dancing when he asks Annie where the nearest bathroom is.

I've also decided that Annie punching Jeff was the high point of the episode.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    The season one cast evaluation on disc one is one of the best bonus features I've seen.

(paraphrase):

"Chevy is so not racist that he'll go 'I'm hungry for Chinese food, let's go to Burger King'"

And all the scenes of Chevy forgetting his lines. And it's true, when Ken Jeong joined the cast the ratings fell, the chart doesn't lie.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Loved it so much, so happy they flipped it around so that Team Annie and Team Britta are both disqualified

I'm pretty sure that they're still gonna toy with Team Annie a bit. And Britta too actually. They just found a way to get rid of the the season finale's implications.

Jeff and Britta were pretty much trying to win so their actual feelings took a back-seat. They managed to reset by getting fake-engaged and cause a mess so that the attraction is still there. Their egos got shattered and the fact that they had sex is now unimportant.

I mean, its Jeff. Not having sexual tension is unpossible.

Julius on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Julius wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »

I'm pretty sure that they're still gonna toy with Team Annie a bit. And Britta too actually. They just found a way to get rid of the the season finale's implications.

Jeff and Britta were pretty much trying to win so their actual feelings took a back-seat. They managed to reset by getting fake-engaged and cause a mess so that the attraction is still there. Their egos got shattered and the fact that they had sex is now unimportant.

I mean, its Jeff. Not having sexual tension is unpossible.

true. that scene with him doing the upside down crunches...my my

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    The part where both Shirley and Annie are screaming but Annie is actually crying...god that was perfect. I was in tears.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    gundam470 wrote: »
    The part where both Shirley and Annie are screaming but Annie is actually crying...god that was perfect. I was in tears.

And then when Shirley mentions how Jeff and Brita had sex during paintball, Annie and Troy both go, "Ahhh," but Troy ends up saying, "Awesome."

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I didn't even catch that! Damn you show, must you be so good!?

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    ThatOneYoYoGuyThatOneYoYoGuy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    After Brita pops up from the couch

Troy: "Hey Toy Story Th- Britta!"

ThatOneYoYoGuy on
  • Options
    ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    My favorite is when Shirley asks Abed is he's being meta.

Toothy on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    Awesome joke: behind Betty White when she's introducing herself there's an evolution of man list:

Chimps
    Dean Pelton
    Humans

EDIT: Also, via SA, Annie punches Jeff in gif form:
    anniepunch.gif

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.