Options

Community: Troy and Abed in Stopmotion!

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    a lot of good shit happened story/character wise and I certainly laughed but that was probably the least funny episode so far on first viewing for me

I will almost definitely watch it again before next week

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Variable wrote: »
    a lot of good shit happened story/character wise and I certainly laughed but that was probably the least funny episode so far on first viewing for me

I loved it cause lawyers

So It Goes on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »

I loved it cause lawyers

they were certainly lawyers

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I like the bit where they try to play it off as if they all got chloroformed and regained consciousness at the same time.

Also, Dance remix of what I call "I learned something" community track? Score!

Just pretend that you're asleep.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    welp, finished watching all of the commentary tracks for the S1 dvd

tonight's episode was pretty okay too, i think i might have to rewatch it to form a stronger opinion either way about it

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    2hzn1xk.jpg
    Puppet Dance!

Jokerman on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    weak episode overall

but the chloroform part made it awesome

hole-in-hand was great too

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Really? I thought this episode was great. Nose-and-nose with the paintball episode for me.

Captain Ultra on
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Annie's Boobs made this episode for me.

Well that, and Senor Chang just gets better and better.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    Zetetic ElenchZetetic Elench Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Really? I thought this episode was great. Nose-and-nose with the paintball episode for me.

seriously

I liked this way more than the last ep

the chloroform scene was incredible

and the tag

"I may have done some damage there."

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Does anyone have a gif of Annie's boobs shaking?

I didn't see the monkey in this ep

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I laughed so hard at the second chloroform scene. I saw it coming, but it was executed perfectly. I laughed for two minutes straight.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    This episode was amazing. Not sure how were getting "not funny" from it. The puppet dance and chloroform alone but it ahead of most everything on TV.

I think this episode just suffered from 30 Rock being on its A game entirely. 30 Rock had its best episode in years, so Community looked a little bland.

"Tango!"

"Sundance! ,,,we had different partners." Was a laugh out lout moment. Everything from the first chloroform, including Troy's panic, the fake chloform and the re-chloroform was absolute gold.

No idea where they are going with Chang. Honestly, the whole Chang thing seems like something out of Buffy. Have a bad guy get close to the group and watch as he tries to be good but slowly drifts into evil!

"Winning the competition didnt matter, what matters is we have each other."

"Can...can I still be in your study group?"

"That...that kind of wasnt the deal so...."

Also great "A charades scene, with this group, I'll watch that."

I knew once Abed said that, we werent getting any charades. But I filled in everything in my head. Annie accidently being sexual. Troy doing some silly and Abed getting it right away. Peirce guessing racist/offensive stuff. Britta pretending not to care, but actually getting sort of mad when nobody could come close to guessing what it was supposed to be.

Im pretty sure Abed's line was intended to draw most viewers to do the same.

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I like that Jeff wasn't totally light side at the end. He was still dark side, but waiting and having fun until he can strike.

Also, Annie was epic.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    WizardFistWizardFist Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    "Shirley, don't sue a stripper. She's a stripper. Life sued her, and she lost."

WizardFist on
    1242529-1.png
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I loved the new episode overall, but I can't help but feel like writing Chang out of the teacher position was a big mistake. Everything funny about him was related to how he abused his authority, now he's just any other uninteresting "wacky" sitcom character.

Edit: They really need to make him hall monitor or something.

Darlan on
  • Options
    ColanutColanut Siedge WealdRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    For the first time ever, the first part hasn't wowed me. The group stuff is great still, but the scenes with Rob Cordry, not really digging it.

edit: Good God Drew Carey lost a lot of weight.

There is a fairly interesting article about it in last Sunday's Parade magazine (oh god did I just admit to reading Parade magazine). Apparently there has been a lot of death in his family due to weight issues so he got serious about it.

Colanut on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, I just plain don't like Rob Cordry.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    It just seems like of all the guests they have had on, he's the one who stands out the most as not acting like a real part of the Community world. Lee Majors, Katharine McPhee, Tony Hale, they knocked it out of the park with their appearances, and Jack Black and Drew Carey did a good job as well. Even Betty White did. But Cordry seemed like he was trying too hard, and he just plain didn't have a personality to roll off some of the jokes.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Yeah, I pretty much hate him in anything I've seen him in. And god, he's in a lot of shit.

Still, he did have one of the best lines in this episode. "I've gotta go, I've got class..." "...those cargo pants say otherwise."

It was quick, they blew right by it, but damn that was hilarious. Of course, Annie with the chloroform was funnier, but that wasn't a line. Oh, and Troy. God Troy was awesome this episode.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    troy prancing around when he was scared was priceless

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Man. Drew Carey has lost a ton of weight.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Colanut wrote: »
    TexiKen wrote: »
    For the first time ever, the first part hasn't wowed me. The group stuff is great still, but the scenes with Rob Cordry, not really digging it.

edit: Good God Drew Carey lost a lot of weight.

There is a fairly interesting article about it in last Sunday's Parade magazine (oh god did I just admit to reading Parade magazine). Apparently there has been a lot of death in his family due to weight issues so he got serious about it.

I hadn't seen him lately, so I honestly wasn't sure it was him. Like, maybe somebody else just looks a lot like him, or something. That's awesome he's done that.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    ThatOneYoYoGuyThatOneYoYoGuy Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    troy prancing around when he was scared was priceless

"MY WHOLE BRAIN IS CRYING!"

ThatOneYoYoGuy on
  • Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    mcdermott wrote: »

Yeah, I pretty much hate him in anything I've seen him in. And god, he's in a lot of shit.

Still, he did have one of the best lines in this episode. "I've gotta go, I've got class..." "...those cargo pants say otherwise."

It was quick, they blew right by it, but damn that was hilarious.

I...I don't get the joke.

Julius on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Julius wrote: »

Class, as in culture and "high class."

No one wears cargo pants to the court/ballroom, in other words.

Darlan on
  • Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Darlan wrote: »

Oh man, now I feel bad.

Julius on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Darlan wrote: »

Oh man, now I feel bad.
    Happens to the best of us.

Darlan on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    It was a really quick one (and there was, IIRC, very little pause for effect), which is why it hit me so hard. I actually didn't get it until a couple seconds after, and then I just couldn't stop laughing.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    See, your not supposed to like Cordry in this. Even Drew Carrey hates him. Hes supposed to be slimey, try to hard and not be funny. If he was funny and awesome the viewer would be all "oh man, it wasnt so bad when Jeff was a lawyer, he should go back!"

As a character it worked. Also, his character derived some good lines to.

"Did you get the room number?"

"Yeah its 417. First he said it was 69...I want to bleach my brain." Poor innocent Annie.

This show needs to give Britta more of a character or purpose. She seems to just be there, waiting for he rnext love story with Jeff. Been that way for a while (minus the season finale/premier).

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    It's not just an issue of likability. I think Cordry just approaches every role in the same way, and that his approach is better suited for middle to low-class douchebags in buddy comedies. He had no real chemistry with Jeff, and he certainly didn't seem like an opportunistic, back-stabbing lawyer of at least nominal intelligence.

Will Arnett would have been way better as Jeff's sleazier counterpart.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    It's not just an issue of likability. I think Cordry just approaches every role in the same way, and that his approach is better suited for middle to low-class douchebags in buddy comedies. He had no real chemistry with Jeff, and he certainly didn't seem like an opportunistic, back-stabbing lawyer of at least nominal intelligence.

Will Arnett would have been way better as Jeff's sleazier counterpart.

Ugh. I hate Will Arnett more, though. But yeah, this was just Cordry being Cordry, and it worked well enough but not great. The guy just isn't that great, though, even when put in roles appropriate for his Cordry-ness.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

It was quick, they blew right by it, but damn that was hilarious. Of course, Annie with the chloroform was funnier, but that wasn't a line. Oh, and Troy. God Troy was awesome this episode.

Sorry, but the clear best part of this episode was Abed luring Troy into the cartoon tunnel. That was fantastic.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Disrupter wrote: »
    This show needs to give Britta more of a character or purpose. She seems to just be there, waiting for he rnext love story with Jeff. Been that way for a while (minus the season finale/premier).

I disagree, she's got plenty of character and purpose, she just hasn't the screentime for a new character arc to kick in yet. It's actually what I like about Britta, that she's not just there to be a foil/interest to Jeff, even though that's how she started out. She has her own issues and shit to deal with.

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Does anyone have a gif of Annie's boobs shaking?

here you go, pervert

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=16780098&postcount=1856

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Awwww, man, the last bit with Troy almost running into the wall made me sad.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Daxon wrote: »
    Awwww, man, the last bit with Troy almost running into the wall made me sad.

I honestly wasn't sure whether it was more touching, or funny. It went back and forth.

mcdermott on
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Troy was amazing in this episode. Like...he just sells it so well.

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    That last bit was awesome.

"Dont believe!"

"I...I...didnt..."

You can visably see Troys dissapointment in having to go back to the reality of living in this non cartoon world, where your heart is shaped like...something gross.

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    fmz65fmz65 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    "I may have done some damage there..."

fmz65 on
    daleyk.png