As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] Jack and the Ghost of Alenko's Past

1565758596062»

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Biotic powers just aren't fun enough in Mass Effect 2. Whereas setting people on fire is, and a lot of the things you fight.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Use Singularity as an Adept and tell me its not fun to watch enemies go flying from your Warp Explosions.

finnith on
    Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Orca wrote: »
    jclast wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    The only effect that's better as an area instead of heavy is pull

Throw is also good in area.

Notsomuch at higher levels unless you have an AOE damage already.

Does damage really matter when your intent is to throw groups of Collectors off of platforms?

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Does damage really matter when your intent is to throw groups of Collectors off of platforms?

Yes, because you need to punch through their defenses before you can throw them off the platforms.

Orca on
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Yes, because you need to punch through their defenses before you can throw them off the platforms.

In veteran, improved shockwave is more than enough to knock Collectors off platforms, into walls, or wherever the hell they may fly. But, of course, you must get through barrier, etc., if they have them. Still wel worth it.

I've also had fun of Area Reave. But I'm all about the maximum fear...as though the choice between "one person reaved" and "a bunch of them" is hard, heh.
    finnith wrote: »
    Use Singularity as an Adept and tell me its not fun to watch enemies go flying from your Warp Explosions.

Yes, yes it is!

Synthesis on
  • Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Can I cut off the Council over and over in Mass Effect 2? Please say yes.

glithert on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    glithert wrote: »

They aren't as big a player in ME2. But when you do interact with them, you can be a pretty big dick to them!

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

No, and you can't cut off TIM either

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

I don't know who that is, but I'm already a little less excited

glithert on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

I don't know who that is, but I'm already a little less excited

He's kind of like the council analogue who you report to. And hardly get to say boo to until the very end of the game. And barely even then

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    This may be a question already gone over more then once but is there a way as a ME1 fem-Shep to let Kaiden know you're not interested in a relationship politely enough that he'll be still willing to talk about his past?

Owenashi on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Nope. In the future humans have evolved to the point where having a conversation is a mating ritual.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So I started my insanity run as a soldier. I carried my level 60 dude over from ME1 and did Kasumi's loyalty quest first. Man o man that was very tough at level 5. What should I focus on with regards to my powers? What should I use as my bonus? I have barrier right now. I've played vanguard and sentinel (wow easy mode) so far on hardcore.

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    smof wrote: »
    Nope. In the future humans have evolved to the point where having a conversation is a mating ritual.

Extensive research into adult films conducted over the years tells us this is already the case.

Hoping the Normandy doesn't have any plumbing or copier problems in ME3. Or, vangods forbid, Miranda orders a pizza.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    KazakaKazaka Asleep Counting SheepRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    deowolf wrote: »

Extensive research into adult films conducted over the years tells us this is already the case.

Hoping the Normandy doesn't have any plumbing or copier problems in ME3. Or, vangods forbid, Miranda orders a pizza.

Shep would be a good delivery guy

Heavy charges to his destination, then just smiles at you creepily

Kazaka on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Kazaka wrote: »
    deowolf wrote: »

Shep would be a good delivery guy

Heavy charges to his destination, then just smiles at you creepily

Yet more ideas for the fanfiction brigade.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    jefe414 wrote: »
    So I started my insanity run as a soldier. I carried my level 60 dude over from ME1 and did Kasumi's loyalty quest first. Man o man that was very tough at level 5. What should I focus on with regards to my powers? What should I use as my bonus? I have barrier right now. I've played vanguard and sentinel (wow easy mode) so far on hardcore.

I only played on normal, but maxing out Adrenaline Rush was a good choice. I took the evolution that made it slower, but maybe on Insanity you'd want the one that regens health.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SeanronSeanron GlasgowRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    jefe414 wrote: »

I only played on normal, but maxing out Adrenaline Rush was a good choice. I took the evolution that made it slower, but maybe on Insanity you'd want the one that regens health.

See honestly, I'm all about sheild strength as opposed to Health. On Insanity, as soon as my shields down and my health is open, it's duck and cover all the way.
    I find Legion's Geth Shield Boost as Shepard's Research ability immensly useful

Seanron on
    PSN: Seanron - XBL: Seanron - Steam: Seanron
  • Options
    GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Geth shield boost is fantastic even with only a single point in - it instantly returns your shield to full strength. Saved me more than a few times, I'll tell you.

Yeah, it was a long cooldown period, but any good soldier should be able to live without AR for 10 or so seconds.

Graviija on
  • Options
    belaraphonbelaraphon michiganRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    i took peoples advice and went with a catch all - warp ammo, team warp ammo - for my research ability and it is ridiculous how much faster the bad people fall down.

belaraphon on
    belaraphon.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    belaraphon wrote: »
    i took peoples advice and went with a catch all - warp ammo, team warp ammo - for my research ability and it is ridiculous how much faster the bad people fall down.

Warp ammo is excellent. Team warp ammo is even better.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Graviija wrote: »
    Geth shield boost is fantastic even with only a single point in - it instantly returns your shield to full strength. Saved me more than a few times, I'll tell you.

Yeah, it was a long cooldown period, but any good soldier should be able to live without AR for 10 or so seconds.

Honestly, I'd expect as much...especially if you don't have any tech powers (i.e. you're a vanguard). I'm going to try this.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    iunno i don't like warp ammo so much

if it works so well against everything so should plain ol' biotics

poor salve for the wound imo

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    inferno ammo 4eva

Limitations may apply

Orca on
  • Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    right on orca right on

found this on kotaku:
    4518457363f437e78056o.jpg
    it's about time for a new thread, so

hop to it

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    right on orca right on

found this on kotaku:
    4518457363f437e78056o.jpg
    it's about time for a new thread, so

hop to it

Kasumi got a little too exited killing that guy and, well.. lets just say her next suit had to have a reinforced crotch

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    BakerIsBoredBakerIsBored Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm playing through the first one for the first time. I just got a new PC, and since I've been playing mostly my PS3, (and have no X360) I check out some PC titles. This was $20 on Steam, and I'm liken it a lot so far.

One question, I've been invited to become a Specter, (tor?) does this happen to anyone that plays, or are there different tree's for what can happen depending on what you do or who you pick?

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    You always become a Spectre.

joshgotro on