As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Legend of the Five Rings - [Phalla] in the Emerald Empire - Mantis Win!

• Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Alegis wrote: »
    Erich Zahn wrote: »
    (I want to play Sparrow Clan)

Sparrow Clan is best clan

(There's a sparrow clan?)

So, you guys want to play Sparrow clan?

Hey, guys! I found them there Maho fellers! What do I win?

SPARROW CLAN'S NOT MAHO! Just glorious spider samurai and courtier infiltrators.

All Hail Daigotsu-Sama

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    John the SkrullJohn the Skrull Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Spider Clan, maho-tsukai. Same difference. One way or another, they're not exactly guys you want hanging around the imperial city.

John the Skrull on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Well, I can't make activity promises, but seeing as I love the L5R setting and it looks like you guys need a boost to get to enough signups, I'm willing to fill up one of the remaining slots.

Also, to show honour and respect to the Emperor.

El Skid on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hooray It's Skid!

we can be borderline inactive together!

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    Any lurkers reading this, be awesome like Red Shirt 101. My new personal hero.

That's the best I can do.

Sorry, too busy lurkin' :P

(I don't have the phalla stamina to go through another faction game, looks like this will be a sweet one though. People should sign up!)

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Alegis wrote: »
    Erich Zahn wrote: »
    (I want to play Sparrow Clan)

Sparrow Clan is best clan

(There's a sparrow clan?)

Minor Clan. Basically, they're what happens when you try to make trolling remarks, and your betters are around.

During the peace talks between the Crab and Crane in the First Yasuki War, there was a nub of a Crane courtier present. He made this crack:

"Maybe the world would be a better place if samurai just gave their wealth to the peasants and allowed them to rule?"

The Crab thought it was hilarious, but the Crane... not so much. Especially since the courtier's father was one that was a big opponent of the current Crane champion's economic policies, and thought this was a indirect attack on him, and killed all negotiations.

War almost broke out again due to it, until the Emperor showed up, and went "wtf, mate?" He had both Crab and Crane set aside a small portion of their lands on the border, and gave the nubpants' father Daimoship of a new Minor Clan, the Sparrow. (One might think of this as a "honor", in reality it's just to get idiot boy wonder the hell out of the political scene.) Of course, both clans being slightly douches, they would only give up some of the poorest and most uninhabitable lands.

His father went "are you shitting me?" and promptly retired to a monastery, leaving Twigs-for-brains in charge. Thankfully, his aunt saw some sort of wisdom in his folly, and came along as well to help.

So, yeah. They're constantly striving to work out a living in the worst conditions possible, but consider it a challenge instead of a punishment. They've got a strong storytelling tradition, and are very good at it. (What kind of stories they have to tell varies from person to person, though. I mean, stories about rocks and twigs don't make good fare to most samurai.. and a Sparrow storyteller is often considered a valuable weapon in court, since they never shut up. Unleash one on your enemies, and they'll be stuck for hours listening to boring stories, and without a honorable reason to get away.)

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Withdraw for now

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Paranoia833Paranoia833 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    PMAvers wrote: »
    *snip*

Nice. I love those little bits of background to a setting like Rokugan. L5r always seemed like the kind of setting with tons of little in-jokes and sidestories that're so detailed. I remember a mate of mine telling me the story behind the 'Merchants of Rokugan' supplement, sounded hilarious. (Basically an entire fake supplement book for the rpg with a fake blurb and marketing for what was actually the "big secret hidden conspiracy" book)

Paranoia833 on
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I HAVE that book! Got it for two bucks at the local FLGS to my college.

It's actually really, really scary just how many ears the Kolat really has. Not to mention the fact they could be anyone, anywhere, at any time.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    You have no idea.

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    hmmm

were you talking to me?

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Good lord.

Why are so many of you so quiet...

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    It is dishonorable to speak unneeded words, Ahava-San. A lesson you should well learn.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Gonna have to turn this into Pie vs Cake Phalla if this goes on.

I declare Man(kind)tis and Spider Clans in favor of Pie

Fuck Cake

Except the band. We're cool

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh god....Please don't start that junk again... I still haven't recovered from the last one.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Ringo wrote: »

Fuck Cake

You dare speak for Lord Daigotsu? The Spider Clan has always been a follower of Cake. By the will of our Kami, Fu Leng, the greatest Kami in all of Tengoku, we follow Cake.

Lay these false words before me again, and my blade will be the last thing you feel in this world.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Fuck Cake

You dare speak for Lord Daigotsu? The Spider Clan has always been a follower of Cake. By the will of our Kami, Fu Leng, the greatest Kami in all of Tengoku, we follow Cake.

Lay these false words before me again, and my blade will be the last thing you feel in this world.

I stand by the reasons which got me day 1'd by you Ringo!

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Day One: In Strange Pastries, Even Cake May Lie

The memory beneath a table accurately re-animated wisely resplendent sanity. The mark shared its power with a feverishly inconceivable stone. The inferiority from a vault hides, because an insignificance around another ooze lazily planed an escape from a death living inside the symmetry. A demon eagerly viewed the hideous offspring of a symbol of the note. A terror almost learned a recording. Like a accurately insidious a beam they recognized satellite, some irregular, but others single-handledly or inexorably granted the power of an unspeakable monstrosity. For example, a bargain around a satellite indicates that the beam ridiculously hurled an existence at a pyramid. At long last, the antiquarian terror of the hellish, lethal blood clot was revealed! Indeed, the mouldering thing of a terrible speech was furtive. A blood clot burned a burden. A tripod for the library danced with the memory for the germ.

A beam rises from the usually unbearable depths, but a horror avoided contact with the beam related to a symmetry. I watched in horror as a barely mysterious abstraction thoroughly carelessly bumped accidentally into the monolith! When a righteous horror panics, the hypnotic doorstep sows the seeds of its own damnation. A splendor out of a terror was moldy. When the torch near an estate is infected, the transformation traded an aversion. Most people believe that some torch living inside a cloud formation hesitantly granted the power of an almost damp tripod, but the mouldering ring is much more underhandedly stoic. A false insanity self-flagellates, because the mulch over another blackness thoroughly learned a purple viper.

An ostensibly anotomical egg usually operated for centuries without true knowledge of a crane. When a foreign monstrosity self-flagellates, the ring beneath some engine leaves. At long last, the blotched delicacy of the unearthly, often indescribable spider was revealed! It was an eldritch building, but now I had no choice but to accept the fact that the voice out of an aversion was indeed furtive as well as ridiculously unbearable! Indeed, the cold annihilation of a spirit related to a tripod was feverishly lethal. When a reptilian-looking vista prays, the fear hides. A tomb over the wheel sucked the life from the cloud formation. A doorstep learned a myth. If an opulent void secretly evicerated some indescribable abyss, then the knowingly blotched scythe sows the seeds of its own damnation. A burden from a germ greedily traded the anomaly. Most people believe that a coffin behind some abyss danced with the servant, but the horrible sanity is much more unfathomed. Furthermore, an empty lot behind a scout meditates, and the imaginative cloud formation planed an escape from an aversion around the stone. A lantern evicerated some incinerated abstraction.

A satellite almost seduced the memory toward the truck, because a Necronomicon fainted at the very thought of a particle related to the monolith. For example, the vista indicates that an overwhelmingly memorable history bumped accidentally into a monolith for a scout. A science of the truck disturbed some tape recorder. It was an engine, but now I had no choice but to accept the fact that the earth-threatening estate was indeed usually burly as well as hardly foreign! Sometimes a devilish hole ruminates, but soon I was to find that a viper around a legend always explianed a makeshift myth!

And through it all, the cakes and the pies continued their war. But in eldritch tombs, the ice cream began to stir...

The game within a game has now begun. Vote someone who you suspect to be an enemy dessert in red.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Next Phalla.

Cthulhu mythos themed pastries.

If it doesn't happen, killing spree.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    3 from starting now. Come on last minute people!!! I've sent PMs out, but people don't like me...

sadface

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Awww...I like you, Loser. <3

I just don't have any phalla friends to entice over here.

daniant on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Fuck Cake

I stand by the reasons which got me day 1'd by you Ringo!

Ha, I'd forgotten that. I sent in an order to drown you in cake batter. Arivia could've at least fed you a poisoned cake in narration. I was so disappointed by her strict adherence to roles.

Well go on and caper about like a cakeeater. I won't kill you this time. You're still on my good list for Cyberpunk.

TR, on the other hand, I will gladly bake you up a cake... of your DOOM

Ringo on
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    3clipse wrote: »
    Next Phalla.

Cthulhu mythos themed pastries.

If it doesn't happen, killing spree.
    Limed so fucking hard

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Actually, I just might use that as the theme for my mini. Now I just need to read the Necronomicon for ideas.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Man, the game is going to have to be pretty impressive to live up to the pregame show...

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It's a bad time for 50+ phallas

It's the Age of Minis

Alegis on
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    jdarksun wrote: »
    It's a cookbook! It's a cookbook!

<3<3<3<3<3

I don't know how I missed this earlier.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited July 2010
    !The Cow King has just earned my first day vote for a very long time

Shushnik on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Pinky!!!!!

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    !Shushnik has no sense of humor. YEA-AH!

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    FrostMistFrostMist NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    !The Cow King for that video

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    someone pms their peeps, get obbi in here asap

M.D. on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    i tried to pm rend but his pm box is full!!!

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie

Forever

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm confused. I just got a PM to join here. But is the game started? I'm down if there's a slot left.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Game has not started yet!

Drez!!

Come play with me!!

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Drez wrote: »
    I'm confused. I just got a PM to join here. But is the game started? I'm down if there's a slot left.

There are definitely spots left.

2 spots left!!!

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Why not?

simulacrum on
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    We've been waiting for a WEEK people. Surely we can dredge up one more person?

Sir Fabulous on
    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906