As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The New Comic Thread for Friday, August 13, 2010

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    kingworks wrote: »
    What a mess.

You know who I blame? Blizzard.

If WoW was instanced to each player (or group of players) and not a persistent world for everyone as a whole, you wouldn't have these awkward re-spawns and thus, no comic. Fortunately, Guild Wars 2 will do so and remove any need for future comics of such an offensive, low-brow nature.

It's not even respawns. Frequently there's anywhere from 50 - 200% more people to rescue than the quest wants you too. WoW just has a victim surplus.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited August 2010
    I love the look of disapproval in Gabe's face in the last panel

Tube on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Amazingly, I didn't get a single email about the dickwolf comic.

You're lucky their comic didn't feature Dick Wolf, the creator of the Law and Order series. Then you would have 20 seasons of emails, several spin-off emails, and so many reruns of emails to go through.

Hunter on
  • Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    JAEF wrote: »
    Small Dongs are Hilarious, Part 53 in an Ongoing Series
    Posted by Guest Blogger at Thursday, August 12, 2010
    by Shaker Johnson

[Trigger warning for small dong used in a "humorous" capacity.]

This is why, as a donginist, I barely have a sense of humor.

Yesterday's Penny Arcade, a webcomic centered around video gaming and its culture, featured a joke a lot of World of Warcraft players make, in a sense. In WoW, you'll often get quests like "Kill 10 of these terrible people" or "Save five prisoners". Because the game has millions of players all existing in the world who will do that quest, even if you kill all the bad guys and free everyone, they'll reappear against quickly, so the next person can do their good deeds. It's a silly conundrum if you let your suspension of disbelief lapse.

Penny Arcade took it to another level. In a strip titled, "The Sixth Slave," the comic features a (white, male) slave begging for rescue from another character. "Hero!" he pleads. "Please take me with you! Release me from this hell unending! Every morning, we are roused by savage blows. Every night, our tiny wangs are mocked until we weep ourselves into unconciousness." The hero tells him, "I only needed to save five slaves. Alright? Quest complete." The prisoner protests, "But…" The hero interrupts him, "Hey, pal. Don't make this weird."

Teensy wangs aren't a part of the game, so for the slave to explicitly state he is being mocked to the point of unconciousness is a "humorous" exaggeration. When he hero tells the slave his quest is complete and instructs him not to make it "weird," we're meant to laugh: "Haha, what a strange underreaction!" (Or not.)

When I have a sense of humor, it is a little offbeat. I have liked, for example, Penny Arcade's comics about the numerous times they've killed each other. I have a dark sense of humor, and I'll admit it.

But unlike Gabe killing Tycho so he doesn't have to share a video game, a man being mocked for his twiggy johnson is a real thing that happens in the world every day. I don't find this "joke" funny because, unlike characters cartoonishly killing each other repeatedly and coming back to life, just as in video games, small penises aren't a central feature of (most) games—at least in the actual gameplay, totally aside from the language used by players.

The problem is, I just don't find little dorks funny. Because verbally bullied survivors exist among us, and after being victimized by their tormentors, they are revictimized by a society that treats even genuinely spindly schlongs like a joke, forced to live in a culture that actually has a lot of schwang jokes, including those about abuse victims being actively denied justice for no other reason than because people don't take dicks seriously. I don't find dong bullying funny because abuse victims are often doubted, mocked, and insulted openly.

This is why I avoid comedy. I don't go to comedy movies, I rarely watch comedians, I avoid sitcoms like the plague. I've started to develop a Pavlovian response, cringing preemptively, to things I do find funny, because if somebody makes a dark joke, I've learned it won't be long until the twig and berry jokes show up.

This is why I'm a humorless donginist. Because dick jokes killed my sense of humor.

This is delightful. You are delightful.

Also, to people offended by the comic this is defending, please, go away from Penny Arcade forever. You won't be missed. Not even a little.

Honestly, I'm disappointed they made this comic. The comic's funny, that's for sure, but they're way beyond where they should feel the need to apologize for shit like this. People have posted the litany of previous rape jokes they've made, all funny. None of them insinuate in any way that rape isn't bad, in fact, that's the goddamn point of most of them. This sort of overreaction bullshit is definitely why people tend to say lolfeminism, because sensationalizing shit like this shows a really severe lack of perspective.

Though, I'm sure this thread will be interesting, with a few people defending the overreaction camp and getting shouted down over and over.

Kainy on
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I forget who was asking, but the phrase for someone who gets angry on behalf of someone they don't know is actually offended is called a concern troll.

Sometimes they're right and are able to get their point across in a way that improves things. This is not one of those times. This was an opportunity for her to talk about the horrors of rape using the comic as a launching point, but instead she made it an attack on the comic and its authors.

MKR on
  • Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Have people stopped saying dumb things about feminism yet?

This comic is fucking awesome though.

"If you're raping someone right now, stop. Apologize. And leave."

There's going to be some emails about that one.

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    this is a good comic

Beasteh on
  • Options
    SupraluminalSupraluminal Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Have people stopped saying dumb things about feminism yet?

This comic is fucking awesome though.

"If you're raping someone right now, stop. Apologize. And leave."

There's going to be some emails about that one.

Yeah, I don't think this comic is going to help calm anyone down. Though I don't imagine that was really the point of it either.

Supraluminal on
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I don't understand the complaint. The joke wasn't a dude being raped, the joke was bringing WoW characters to life and showing that their actions made them jerks.

But I also don't think this comic was a good idea. Why draw attention to some no name blogger who found offense with the last comic. You're giving her exactly what she wants, more attention!!!

Peccavi on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    so this one time a girl I broke up with tried to pin a rape charge on me

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I knew there'd be controversy about Wednesday's strip, but my thought was, "rape" wasn't the joke.. it was the callousness of the 'hero'. If anything, it made a pretty unequivocal statement that rape is a Bad Thing.

That said, the way rape is treated in a broad sense is pretty fucked up. I was recently watching Revenge of the Nerds on tv - I hadn't seen it in years, and I was completely flabberghasted when the main protagonist had sex with the main jock's girlfriend while in a costume and with the jock's mask on. That's rape, and yet it was portrayed as a victorious moment for the film's "hero". That's fucked up.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Y'know . . . I don't think anyone has mentioned the Fruit F'ker in this thread.

And that strikes me as odd. o_O

kingworks on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Peccavi wrote: »
    I don't understand the complaint. The joke wasn't a dude being raped, the joke was bringing WoW characters to life and showing that their actions made them jerks.

But I also don't think this comic was a good idea. Why draw attention to some no name blogger who found offense with the last comic. You're giving her exactly what she wants, more attention!!!

Because that probably wasn't the specific post this comic was responding to. I'm sure there are others, and at least one has a high profile.

MKR on
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I assumed they received emails, and those are to which they're responding. Shrug.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    MKR wrote: »
    Peccavi wrote: »

Because that probably wasn't the specific post this comic was responding to. I'm sure there are others, and at least one has a high profile.

But that was the one posted by Khoo

I mean the robot

Peccavi on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Oh, it's Shakespearsister

That's not a no-name blog, unfortunately.

I think she was one of the "Obama is sexist" people in the 2008 election and got a lot of attention for it. Though I can't find a post about it so maybe not. I do recognize the name though.

MKR on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Wait, I don't see how advising someone to avoid situations in which there is danger is putting the burden on victims.

I guess I don't see how "Women shouldn't walk alone through an empty parking lot at night, they might get raped" is part of rape culture, while "Men shouldn't walk alone through dark alleys at night, they might get mugged" is just a good idea, except possibly for the prevalence of parking lots compared to back alleys.
    Annora wrote: »
    She had sexual partners before, she was wearing a skirt, she had big breasts, she had a lot of make-up on, she dared to walk alone at night, she didn't fight back, she's a prostitute, she's a wife, she has a pierced clitoris, there are 'slutty' pictures of her on Facebook, she went to a bar, she had a couple drinks, she was dancing provocatively, and so on and so forth. A million reasons why her being raped was her fault, and not the rapist's.

Yeah, but polite society thinks that people who think or speak this way are fucking pieces of shit. Taking this redneck bro-riffic locker-room logic and claiming that "culture" as a whole supports it seems a bit disingenuous.

Delzhand on
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

he rapes FRUIT not people....there is CLEARLY a difference!!!!

plus the fruit is totally asking for it, anyway

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    Black_HeartBlack_Heart Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Legacy wrote: »
    Wait...

Rape jokes are new?
    rape.gif
    435088716_9MqAz-L-2.jpg
    20040511h.gif
    20020726h.gif
    20070416.jpg
    215218927_5crEi-L-2.jpg

My thoughts exactly.

215079381_Q3Ay5-L-2.jpg

Who are these people who suddenly found PA and shouted "ohh no! they used the word rape as part of a joke!!"

Probably all the WoW addicts who aren't completely familiar with the strip or something.

God I hate people who get angry on the behalf of fictional characters or are willing to laugh at one type of dark humor.. but not another because its "wrong" to laugh at that!

Black_Heart on
  • Options
    WildEEPWildEEP Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Thats because fruitsex is always consensual

WildEEP on
  • Options
    JeedanJeedan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    MKR wrote: »
    I forget who was asking, but the phrase for someone who gets angry on behalf of someone they don't know is actually offended is called a concern troll.

A concern troll is someone who is actually on one side of the debate, but pretends to be a member of the other side. The idea being that people take you more seriously if they think you're just an ally with "concerns".

Delzhand wrote: »
    Wait, I don't see how advising someone to avoid situations in which there is danger is putting the burden on victims.

I guess I don't see how "Women shouldn't walk alone through an empty parking lot at night, they might get raped" is part of rape culture, while "Men shouldn't walk alone through dark alleys at night, they might get mugged" is just a good idea, except possibly for the prevalence of parking lots compared to back alleys.
    She had sexual partners before, she was wearing a skirt, she had big breasts, she had a lot of make-up on, she dared to walk alone at night, she didn't fight back, she's a prostitute, she's a wife, she has a pierced clitoris, there are 'slutty' pictures of her on Facebook, she went to a bar, she had a couple drinks, she was dancing provocatively, and so on and so forth. A million reasons why her being raped was her fault, and not the rapist's.

Yeah, but polite society thinks that people who think or speak this way are fucking pieces of shit. Taking this redneck bro-riffic locker-room logic and claiming that "culture" as a whole supports it seems a bit disingenuous.

"Rape culture" is a term that describes a certain kind of paradigm, or way of thinking. It is not the claim that literally everyone in society subscribes to this paradigm, just that it exists within the society.

Jeedan on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    And, as I'm assuming you're a man, I think it's hard for you to wrap your mind around the way that women have to live their lives to avoid being raped.

What?

Really?

Because I'm pretty sure the focus of my morning is not escaping from my apartment to my car in broad daylight, slinking from doorway to doorway so that Mysterious Rapist Number 119877 won't catch me and have his violent way with me.

Usagi on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I read Wednesday's comic and laughed because it was a joke about the ridiculous world of MMO quests. I didn't even think that it was a comic that portrayed rape as funny. That part's in panel two, right? Everyone knows the punchline is always at the end.

I guess that makes me a supporter of rape culture D:

Rius on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I dislike the blogger's post and severe lack of sense of humor, but you can't really use the all or nothing argument for Mike and Jerry. It is now well documented how Mike feels about drugs (the illegal kind) and why. They haven't ever done an overdose joke, and with good reason, but it kind of puts an end to everything is funny or nothing is. I have to imagine if one of them had as awful an experience with rape as Mike did with his brother's overdose, the aftermath of that would be a lot less joking on the subject. But maybe I'm wrong.

I do personally agree, however, that everything should be funny or nothing is. Censorship is lame.

Goose! on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Usagi wrote: »
    And, as I'm assuming you're a man, I think it's hard for you to wrap your mind around the way that women have to live their lives to avoid being raped.

What?

Really?

Because I'm pretty sure the focus of my morning is not escaping from my apartment to my car in broad daylight, slinking from doorway to doorway so that Mysterious Rapist Number 119877 won't catch me and have his violent way with me.
    Well, maybe you should shave your mustache

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    DragDrag Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    If you're a longtime fan of Penny Arcade, it probably means you're a supporter of murder, suicide, and torture culture too.

Drag on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Uriel wrote: »
    Usagi wrote: »

What?

Really?

Well, maybe you should shave your mustache

Never! I'm firm supporter of ridiculous mustachery

Usagi on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Jeedan wrote: »
    "Rape culture" is a term that describes a certain kind of paradigm, or way of thinking. It is not the claim that literally everyone in society subscribes to this paradigm, just that it exists within the society.

So what that blogger is apparently worried about is that someone who already holds these views will take the comic as some sort of reinforcement that rape is okay?

That seems kinda fine-grained for a blog post.

Delzhand on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    1. You are a rapist if you get a girl drunk and have sex with her.

2. You are a rapist if you find a drunk girl and have sex with her.

3. You are a rapist if you get yourself drunk and have sex with her. Your drunkeness is no excuse.

4. If you are BOTH drunk you are still a rapist.

5. If she's alternating between puking her guts out and passing out in the bed then you're a rapist.

6. If she's sleeping and you have sex with her you're a rapist.

7. If she's unconscious and you have sex with her then you're a rapist.

8. If she's taking sleeping pills and doesn’t wake up when you have sex with her then you’re a rapist.

9. If she is incapacitated in any way and unable to say 'Yes' then you're a rapist.

10. If you drug her then you're a rapist.

11. If you find a drugged girl and have sex with her then you're a rapist.

12. If you don't bother to ask her permission and she says neither 'Yes' or 'No' then you could be a rapist.

13. You are a rapist if you 'nag' her for sex. Because you manage to ply an eventual 'yes' from a weary victim doesn't mean it's not rape. You are a rapist.

14. You are a rapist if you try to circumvent her "No" by talking her into it. She's not playing hard to get, and, even if she IS it's not YOUR responsibility to 'get' her. You're still a rapist.

15. You are a rapist if you manipulate her into sex when she doesn't otherwise want it. If you say, "If you loved me you’d do X" then you're a rapist. If you say, "All the other kids are doing it!" then you're a rapist.

16. If you threaten her, or act in a way that SHE thinks you're threatening her then you're a rapist. If you puff up and get loud and frustrated while trying to 'talk' her into sex then you're a rapist.

17. You are a rapist if you don't immediately get your hands off of her when she says 'no'. You are a rapist if you take your hands off of her and then put them back ON her after 10 minutes and she eventually 'gives in' to this tactic.

18. You are a rapist if you won't let her sleep peacefully without waking her every 15 minutes asking her for sex. Sleep depravation is a form of torture and YOU are a rapist.

19. If you're necking with her and you're naked and you've already gone down on her and she says 'No' to sex with you and you have sex with her anyway then you're a rapist.

20. If you're engaged in intercourse and she says 'No' at ANY point and you don't immediately stop then you're a rapist.

21. If she said "Yes" to sex with a condom and that condom breaks and you proceed anyway then you're a rapist.

22. If she picked you up at a bar looking for sex and then decides that she doesn't WANT sex and you continue then you're a rapist.

23. If she changes her mind at ANY point for ANY reason and you don't immediately back off or you try to talk her into it and get sex anyway then you're a rapist.

24. If you don't hit her and she says 'No' you're still a rapist.

25. If you don't have a knife or a gun or a garrote and she says 'No' then you're still a rapist.

26. If you're a friend of hers you can still be a rapist.

27. If you had sex with her the night before but she doesn't want morning sex and you pressure her for it anyway then you're a rapist.

28. If you're her husband you can still be a rapist.

29. If it's your wedding night and she doesn't WANT to have sex with you and you force or coerce her anyway then you're a rapist.

30. If she's had sex with you hundreds of times before but doesn't want to on the 101st time then you're a rapist.

31. If you penetrate her anally, orally or digitally against her will then YOU my friend, are ALSO a rapist.

32. Women do not owe you sex.

33. Buying her dinner does not entitle you to sex.

34. Paying her mortgage does not entitle you to sex.

35. Buying her clothing does not entitle you to sex.

36. Buying her lingerie does not entitle you to sex. It also doesn't mean that she has any obligation to wear that lingerie around you.

37. Spending any amount of money on her does not, ever, entitle you to sex.

38. Seeing her legs or cleavage does not entitle you to sex.

39. If she 'turns you on' you're not entitled to sex.

40. If she has fucked every man in a 10 square mile radius and she doesn't want to fuck you and you have sex with her anyway, then you're a rapist.

41. Her clothing is not a reason for you to rape her. Her LACK of clothing is no reason to rape her. If she's wearing a thong and pasties you STILL have no right to rape her.

42. If she's a prostitute and she says "No" then you're a rapist.

43. If she's a stripper and she says "No" then you're a rapist. Likewise, if she's a stripper and she's been rubbing against your dick all night long and you follow her to her car and have sex with her against her will then you are ALSO a rapist.

44. If you watch a woman being raped without calling the authorities then you're as bad as a rapist and you may also be a rapist yourself.

45. If you don't fight rape then you accept rape.

46. If you don't believe a woman when she says she was raped then you're encouraging rape.

47. If you choose to remain friends with a man who raped a woman you are encouraging rape.

48. If you confess to the authorities that you raped a woman it does not exonerate you. You are not suddenly a model of good behavior.

49. If you ‘only’ raped one woman, you’re STILL a rapist.

50. You cannot tell who is a rapist by the way they look. Rapists are your friends, your brothers, your fathers and you won't know it.

51. Do not get frustrated with a woman if she doesn't trust you. SHE already knows that rapists don't wear signs on their foreheads. Something you think is innocuous SHE may find terrifying.

52. If you are still supportive after finding out a friend is a rapist, you are a rapist.

Brolo on
  • Options
    IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010

So what that blogger is apparently worried about is that someone who already holds these views will take the comic as some sort of reinforcement that rape is okay?

She's also completely missing the point of the comic

Ivar on
  • Options
    JeedanJeedan Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

No, shes lamenting that she lives in a world where "rape" is a hilarious punchline to a joke and anyone who doesent find it funny is labeled a whiner and killjoy.

But whatever, I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW IS THE COMIC LITERALLY RAPING SOMEONE IT IS JUST WORDS AND PICTURE

Jeedan on
  • Options
    StarfuckStarfuck Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2010
    too bad they couldn't fit in a "donations in rape-dollars" joke

Starfuck on
    jackfaces
    "If you're going to play tiddly winks, play it with man hole covers."
    - John McCallum
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Rolo wrote: »
    1. You are a rapist if you get a girl drunk and have sex with her.

2. You are a rapist if you find a drunk girl and have sex with her.

3. You are a rapist if you get yourself drunk and have sex with her. Your drunkeness is no excuse.

4. If you are BOTH drunk you are still a rapist.

5. If she's alternating between puking her guts out and passing out in the bed then you're a rapist.

6. If she's sleeping and you have sex with her you're a rapist.

7. If she's unconscious and you have sex with her then you're a rapist.

8. If she's taking sleeping pills and doesn’t wake up when you have sex with her then you’re a rapist.

9. If she is incapacitated in any way and unable to say 'Yes' then you're a rapist.

10. If you drug her then you're a rapist.

11. If you find a drugged girl and have sex with her then you're a rapist.

12. If you don't bother to ask her permission and she says neither 'Yes' or 'No' then you could be a rapist.

13. You are a rapist if you 'nag' her for sex. Because you manage to ply an eventual 'yes' from a weary victim doesn't mean it's not rape. You are a rapist.

14. You are a rapist if you try to circumvent her "No" by talking her into it. She's not playing hard to get, and, even if she IS it's not YOUR responsibility to 'get' her. You're still a rapist.

15. You are a rapist if you manipulate her into sex when she doesn't otherwise want it. If you say, "If you loved me you’d do X" then you're a rapist. If you say, "All the other kids are doing it!" then you're a rapist.

16. If you threaten her, or act in a way that SHE thinks you're threatening her then you're a rapist. If you puff up and get loud and frustrated while trying to 'talk' her into sex then you're a rapist.

17. You are a rapist if you don't immediately get your hands off of her when she says 'no'. You are a rapist if you take your hands off of her and then put them back ON her after 10 minutes and she eventually 'gives in' to this tactic.

18. You are a rapist if you won't let her sleep peacefully without waking her every 15 minutes asking her for sex. Sleep depravation is a form of torture and YOU are a rapist.

19. If you're necking with her and you're naked and you've already gone down on her and she says 'No' to sex with you and you have sex with her anyway then you're a rapist.

20. If you're engaged in intercourse and she says 'No' at ANY point and you don't immediately stop then you're a rapist.

21. If she said "Yes" to sex with a condom and that condom breaks and you proceed anyway then you're a rapist.

22. If she picked you up at a bar looking for sex and then decides that she doesn't WANT sex and you continue then you're a rapist.

23. If she changes her mind at ANY point for ANY reason and you don't immediately back off or you try to talk her into it and get sex anyway then you're a rapist.

24. If you don't hit her and she says 'No' you're still a rapist.

25. If you don't have a knife or a gun or a garrote and she says 'No' then you're still a rapist.

26. If you're a friend of hers you can still be a rapist.

27. If you had sex with her the night before but she doesn't want morning sex and you pressure her for it anyway then you're a rapist.

28. If you're her husband you can still be a rapist.

29. If it's your wedding night and she doesn't WANT to have sex with you and you force or coerce her anyway then you're a rapist.

30. If she's had sex with you hundreds of times before but doesn't want to on the 101st time then you're a rapist.

31. If you penetrate her anally, orally or digitally against her will then YOU my friend, are ALSO a rapist.

32. Women do not owe you sex.

33. Buying her dinner does not entitle you to sex.

34. Paying her mortgage does not entitle you to sex.

35. Buying her clothing does not entitle you to sex.

36. Buying her lingerie does not entitle you to sex. It also doesn't mean that she has any obligation to wear that lingerie around you.

37. Spending any amount of money on her does not, ever, entitle you to sex.

38. Seeing her legs or cleavage does not entitle you to sex.

39. If she 'turns you on' you're not entitled to sex.

40. If she has fucked every man in a 10 square mile radius and she doesn't want to fuck you and you have sex with her anyway, then you're a rapist.

41. Her clothing is not a reason for you to rape her. Her LACK of clothing is no reason to rape her. If she's wearing a thong and pasties you STILL have no right to rape her.

42. If she's a prostitute and she says "No" then you're a rapist.

43. If she's a stripper and she says "No" then you're a rapist. Likewise, if she's a stripper and she's been rubbing against your dick all night long and you follow her to her car and have sex with her against her will then you are ALSO a rapist.

44. If you watch a woman being raped without calling the authorities then you're as bad as a rapist and you may also be a rapist yourself.

45. If you don't fight rape then you accept rape.

46. If you don't believe a woman when she says she was raped then you're encouraging rape.

47. If you choose to remain friends with a man who raped a woman you are encouraging rape.

48. If you confess to the authorities that you raped a woman it does not exonerate you. You are not suddenly a model of good behavior.

49. If you ‘only’ raped one woman, you’re STILL a rapist.

50. You cannot tell who is a rapist by the way they look. Rapists are your friends, your brothers, your fathers and you won't know it.

51. Do not get frustrated with a woman if she doesn't trust you. SHE already knows that rapists don't wear signs on their foreheads. Something you think is innocuous SHE may find terrifying.

52. If you are still supportive after finding out a friend is a rapist, you are a rapist.

Oh god, I remember finding this list.

The best thing to do is reverse the pronouns and determine how many times you've been raped.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    ComradebotComradebot Lord of Dinosaurs Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I'd like to state that the Dickwolf threat is VERY real. For the last decade I've been hunting a pack of rather viscious Nigerian dickwolves (one of the 13 subspecies of dickwolf), after they captured my uncle and spent the next year slowly raping him to death. They are horrifying creatures and not to be joked about.

Instead, action must be taken against them. I propose a coalition dedicated to the annihilation and eradication (same thing, but it sounds cooler to say both) of all dickwolves. American, Norwegian, Nigerian, reticulated, wooly... they must be stopped!

I've already begun our campaign to slay the dickwolves by submitting the most accurate definition I could to Urbandictionary.com, so that perhaps it may aid in spreading dickwolf awareness.
    Dickwolf
    A dickwolf is a mythical creature most well known for the fact that it's limbs (ranging from six to two dozen) are all erect penises. The nocturnal dickwolf, a pack predator, is commonly known to prey on humans... whom they rape, as a pack, in order to acquire substinence. Dickwolves are known to hold their prey captive in their lairs, so they may rape them (again, as a pack, with their six to two dozen penis-limbs) several times over the course of months.

Please, save me from the dickwolves! They've held me captive and have raped me every night for the last six months!

Sorry, I will not slay a dickwolf.

All we can do is pray the good people at Urbandictionary.com allow this to be posted. For if not, I fear the dickwolves may be coming sooner than I thought...

May whatever God you believe in watch over your souls, and bodily orifices, in this darkest of hours.

Comradebot on
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    list to end all lists

I wish this was a poster I could buy.

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    IskanderIskander Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    dang rolo

those are a lot of points

Iskander on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    aha, but if you're her boss and force her to sleep with you to keep her job then it's just business

thanks for giving me a loophole, rolo!

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Straightzi wrote: »
    words

Oh god, I remember finding this list.

The best thing to do is reverse the pronouns and determine how many times you've been raped.

I didn't even think to apply it to myself.

goddamn

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    TequilaMockingbirdTequilaMockingbird Va-JOYNA! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    YodaDate.jpg

TequilaMockingbird on
    "Cheap Thrills" -- Force Continuum @ last.fm

spitfire.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Alright, by my count on that list, I'm a rapist in at least six different ways

And I've been raped in six different ways myself as well

This is all talking a single sexual partner, too

Straightzi on
This discussion has been closed.