As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wedding Cheese [chat]

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh god I just tried doing some burpees.

My everything.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    fox news does not equate with MSNBC

no one should watch fox news

MSNBC should come out of the closet as Obama's Cheer Leader Network just like FNC should come out as RNCNC

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    AAAARGH FUCK

why the fuck did I spread tabasco sauce on my grilled cheese sandwich with the finger I've cut

fuck I'm stupid

Dude, use a spoon or something.

You have a fully developed brain I'm assuming.

And thumbs.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    perfect empathy would be awful, what are you guys talking about

Why would it be awful?

Because we don't have perfect potency to ease the suffering of others.

I feel that, at the very least, a shared and perpetual human understand and experience would grant us at least proximity to that.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I think different points of view should be encouraged, but perhaps Fox News is a little too biased. Perhaps CNBC or Bloomberg / BBC for the financial/global viewpoints

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Gooey wrote: »
    fox news does not equate with MSNBC

no one should watch fox news

MSNBC should come out of the closet as Obama's Cheer Leader Network just like FNC should come out as RNCNC

/hides from shit storm.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    ugh

cold + cat allergies + cigarette smoke + asthma =

HRRURKWHEEZECOOUGHWHEEZEHRRRUKHUUUHGH

*shalllow breaths and sore respiratory system*

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    I've never seen more than a little of MSNBC, but I'm pretty sure it does not fudge details, manipulate facts, or misinform viewers to the degree that Fox does

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Galahad wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell = being made into a movie? eh?

Does not want.

I want them to make it and then to lose millions as it flops horribly.

Is it not a good book?

I haven't read it, but it sounded kind of interesting.

Or maybe I'm thinking of something else?

Kind of edwardian low magic kind of thing?

Its a brilliant book. One of the greatest books that has been written in many many years. I mean that without any hyperbole.

But it would make a terrible movie. Its long, and complicated and the writing style is one of the greatest things about it.

Get in me now

Eddy on
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    340x_lampchair.jpg

Chair-lamp!

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I think different points of view should be encouraged, but perhaps Fox News is a little too biased. Perhaps CNBC or Bloomberg / BBC for the financial/global viewpoints

I have no problem with a conservative opinion channel. They deserve every right to have their opinions heard.

I just don't want them lying so blatantly about so much.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited December 2010
    So pillars of the earth is some of the best television in ages.

For those of you who have not watched this yet, I STRONGLY suggest you scrounge up a copy.

Ian McShane has never been so fantastic a bastard as he is in this show.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Suddenly I want to stab somebody with a fork.

I think Stahl would help you.

And a hive mind will be death to the species. Say good bye to innovation.

1. why would innovation be gone?

2. and why is that a bad thing?

A culture needs new input to thrive, otherwise it stagnates. A gene pool needs to bring in outside material or it gets faulty. If you remove the individuality and press our species's consciousness into one large entity all this will be impossible. We'll run out of steam unless we exist at the most basic level of necessary functions.

Because innovation is always going to be required.

the human race as a whole gets no outside material - the gene pool would be fine

new input would still be there - all input is not from other people

and we'd still be able to think of new things - a single mind can innovate just fine on it's own, the difference now would be that the single mind would have the full knowledge of humanity availible

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    do you seriously not understand why there might be downsides to feeling the thoughts, emotions, and physical sensations of billions of other people?

Well, there would be no more war, conflict or strife of any kind I would imagine... The hungry would be fed, the sick cared for...

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    perfect empathy would be awful, what are you guys talking about

Why would it be awful?

Because we don't have perfect potency to ease the suffering of others.

I feel that, at the very least, a shared and perpetual human understand and experience would grant us at least proximity to that.

I do my best to not feel my own pain, don't make me start feeling other people's pain. This is detrimental to my inner psychological endeavors.

Just tax me and fix what problems crop up with that money.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    DraculaDracula DARCUL DAS WAMPY Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I was reading about baby names and Isabella has been one of the most popular girl names for the past couple of years.

I think it might be number one.

People are naming their children after Twilight.

Just thought I'd let y'all know.

Dracula on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    340x_lampchair.jpg

Chair-lamp!

Chlamp.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010

I have no problem with a conservative opinion channel. They deserve every right to have their opinions heard.

I just don't want them lying so blatantly about so much.

I agree, which is why I stated Fox in the first place, but of course then I realized they lie and distort a shit ton.

Eddy on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    wazilla wrote: »
    do you seriously not understand why there might be downsides to feeling the thoughts, emotions, and physical sensations of billions of other people?

Well, there would be no more war, conflict or strife of any kind I would imagine... The hungry would be fed, the sick cared for...

And double rainbows on every horizon!

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    340x_lampchair.jpg

Chair-lamp!

Chlamp.

Lair champ.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    AAAARGH FUCK

why the fuck did I spread tabasco sauce on my grilled cheese sandwich with the finger I've cut

fuck I'm stupid

Dude, use a spoon or something.

You have a fully developed brain I'm assuming.

And thumbs.

no, my brain is faulty

first I look aat my finger and go "why is there a huge gash in this? When did that happen?"

and then I'm like man I don't want all the tabasco in one lump I'll just spread this out real quick

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I've never seen more than a little of MSNBC, but I'm pretty sure it does not fudge details, manipulate facts, or misinform viewers to the degree that Fox does

Okay

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Dracula wrote: »
    I was reading about baby names and Isabella has been one of the most popular girl names for the past couple of years.

I thought it was due to the renewed interest of Queen Isabella, the beautiful queen of Aragon

Eddy on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

not necessarily true - if a hivemind sees everybody as equal parts to itself, it will let parts die in order to preserve resources and keep the healthy portions functioning correctly.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I look forward to the sequel to Johnathan Strange and Mr Norrel though, mostly because the author is brilliant, she's taking her time, and the premise sounds good.

Its supposed to focus on Childermass and Vincules and the aftermath of the incidents in the first book years later.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    340x_lampchair.jpg

Chair-lamp!

Chlamp.

Lair champ.

Lairmp.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

I don't necessarily believe this, as feeling pain does not necessarily motivate us to fix it, nor to fix it in the healthiest manner possible.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Re: JS&MrN: Conflicting opinions! Given the other favorites listed I think I'm gonna keep this on my "to read" list. Stuff like this is why I wish mini-series were more popular. Stuff that would stink as a movie, sometimes would make a pretty good mini-series.

Re: Eddy sitting on the fence posts in the fields of punditry: Good view from up here huh?

Galahad on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

not necessarily true - if a hivemind sees everybody as equal parts to itself, it will let parts die in order to preserve resources and keep the healthy portions functioning correctly.

But feeling the cost in life and comfort, we'd be able to truly appreciate its value. No sacrifice would be meaningless, no suffering would be wrongfully ignored.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    340x_lampchair.jpg

Chair-lamp!

Chlamp.

Excellent I can sit on one in my jorts.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Being the Borg / Zerg / Human Ant Colony would be pretty awesome in terms of pure efficiency

Eddy on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

It's pretty common for childrens names to be related to horrible bits of media.

Also consider the correlation less than adequate education has with consuming poor media and believing things like "if he comes while the girl is on top you can't get pregnant" or "two condoms is always better than one" and it's really not a far stretch.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    340x_lampchair.jpg

Chair-lamp!

Chlamp.

Lair champ.

Lairmp.

Champ.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited December 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Jorts?

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

But feeling the cost in life and comfort, we'd be able to truly appreciate its value. No sacrifice would be meaningless, no suffering would be wrongfully ignored.

or we're just as expendable because we are gears in a machine. tell me, do you have a stronger emotional connection to one of your internal organs over another?

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Why does no one ever think perhaps the people just love Ms. Rossellinni that much?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MakIB_IJnu0&feature=related

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Humans could never be a hive mind, thats just silly.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

I don't necessarily believe this, as feeling pain does not necessarily motivate us to fix it, nor to fix it in the healthiest manner possible.

The most powerful human motivator has always been self-interest. Has it not?

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Being the Borg / Zerg / Human Ant Colony would be pretty awesome in terms of pure efficiency

As long as our goal as a society is to just....function. Never making anything original, never progressing.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
This discussion has been closed.