As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Dungeon Defenders] - Dungeon Defenders II: The Dungeoning coming soon! Free-to-play!

• Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The fact that the developers have pretty much said that it's done and are just waiting for MS to quit dragging their ass, is pretty frustrating.

It's sad when the best news to come out for Dungeon Defenders is actually about another game. The fact that Orcs Must Die was revealed to be single-player only means DD should retain any market they had with the multi-player crowd.

Decoy on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    MS seems to be the biggest hurdle in selling games these days. What the hell is their problem? Are they just being stupid about planning out release times so nothing conflicts with their own games?

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Well, one of this games big sell points is it's cross platform multiplayer. PSN/Android/XBL/PC can all play together (as seen in the videos posted on previous pages). But in order to put anything on XBL it has to go through some MS approval process and that's where it's hung up.

I know what your thinking, "It's already released for Android, why can't they just release it for PSN and PC, as well." Sadly, it's pretty much a given that if they release to PSN before XBL, and not simultaneously, MS will scrap the XBL port/approval process and not let them sell it there, causing them to lose out on a significant chuck of revenue.

Hence, we wait.

Decoy on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Actually, the cross platform stuff DOESN'T include XBL from the article I read.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm debating whether or not to get this for xbox or for pc. I'd rather play it on xbla, but im concerned that all the new classes they are discussiong will not be free for live. Is PC the clear winner between these two?

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    PC is almost always the way to go, sadly.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Magic Pink wrote: »

Hah, it's on the front page of their website. I hope it's included.

Decoy on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Decoy wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »

Hah, it's on the front page of their website. I hope it's included.

Crap, now I can't find the article I read. I swear it was on Joystiq yesterday as that's the only video game news site I read but it's not there now.
    But it specifically said that XBLA wasn't going to work which, admittedly, sounds insane.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    No worries. Different places have conflicting reports. For instance, IGN doesn't have XBLA listed either.

Regardless, I'm getting it for PC.

Decoy on
  • Options
    DkarrdeDkarrde Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The one thing I seriously don't like in this game is dodge chance. I know a lot of it is random already, but dodge just feels like too much random for what's mostly a puzzle game.

Dkarrde on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Trendy tweeted yesterday there's a free to play version of DD:FW on the Android!

There's a short and concise info thread on the DD forums. In it there's some info on Trendy's publisher falling through, how MS requires games to be released on the 360 before being released on the PS3, how the PC version is going to be delayed to deter "half-pirates" who'll apparently buy $10 games for consoles instead of waiting a few days for PC games to come out, but also how all of the delays have let them include more content!

ebotastic on
    Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    ... half pirates?

I'm eager to play this game. It looks like tons of fun, and the technical demo was a blast. But the developers don't seem to have it together. That's the impression I'm getting anyway.

[strike]I don't think these guys like money.[/strike]
    Looks like it's still tied up with MS. Stupid XBox approval process is cramping my Dungeon Defending style.
    Dkarrde wrote: »
    The one thing I seriously don't like in this game is dodge chance. I know a lot of it is random already, but dodge just feels like too much random for what's mostly a puzzle game.

I don't know how I missed seeing this before... but this game is definitely not 'mostly a puzzle game'. It's more like Torchlight Arena, with Towers. Very action oriented game. Have you played through the technical demo I linked earlier? Very action-centric game.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    was gonna buy it on the 360 for the cheevos~, but after all this shit I'm just going to get it on steam whenever it comes out

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    My excitement for games only lasts so long as to deter half-assed release schedules. They've had the pc version for this ready for months, MS problems or no: stuff it.

Lanrutcon on
    Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    So this now has another release date!

A release date that is less that two weeks away!

So it might just stick to it this time!

20th of October.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Damn, they even have a new video for it in Steam. Maybe I won't file this under "Yea, you're releasing it on PC, suuuuuuuuure you are."

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    With portal guns and magic Heavies that float around the air like fairies except instead of sparkles he shoots bullets.

Kelor on
  • Options
    People are posting in here again. Oh my.

I wonder if I should get a new OP up and stuff.

Please, call me ebo.
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Gonna get it. Steam ID is in my sig, gamespy ID is the same (I think, don't use gamespy very much) if anyone wants someone to defend dungeons with. I think that's what this game is about.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    So I am installing this on my phone right now, and I went ahead and preordered it for the PC, if only to support the concept. I'll be up for some dungeon defending in a while, once I have some sort of concept of how this game works and what my gamespy ID is (I don't remember).

Edit: It's NpiL. Yay. Game is kind of fun, but I just played a little bit alone. More complex than I thought, but 4.5 inches still seems very small and I don't know how comfortable my eyes are. Might play more when it comes out on PC.

piL on
  • Options
    I pre-ordered this so hard I split my tibia.

You can play single player, yes?

• Options
    A Flock of WalrusA Flock of Walrus For the Greater Good! Registered User regular
    I'm shocked they've settled on a released date. I remember adding this to my wish list years ago.

PNA1v.jpg
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    A release date, now I have a reason to consider buying it.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    So, the info in the Steam store doesn't list anything about cross-platform saves/games/etc. anymore.

Is that still a thing? Can I access dungeons to defend on my PC and my phone with my same characters?

• Options
    Woo, someone resurrected the thread! I've got this on my iPad and already pre-ordered on steam! Woo! Those pre-order bonus familiars look amazing too. Engineer ftw!

• Options
    Squirrel RancherSquirrel Rancher Registered User regular
    I'm actually pretty excited for this, I've watched the character/dev videos 2-3 times each. I traded my TF2 earbuds for a preorder + Binding of Isaac so I'm already feeling really good.

Are there any plans for a Steam group?

• Options
    strebaliciousstrebalicious Registered User regular
    I pre-ordered a four pack. One for me, one for the son, and probably trading the other two for some TF2 paraphernalia.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    w00t! Thread from the dead. One week left.

It's in my library... mocking me...

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    After Orcs Must Die I am excited to finally be able to play this on PC, but then I realise its out a couple days after the new batman game. Dilemma!

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I seriously do not recommend this on a phone. It'll likely be fine on a tablet, but the UI makes everything cramped as fuck on my iPhone.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    It barely runs on a Droid X. Honestly it's pretty much straight up unplayable. Yes, the UI is virtually impossible to use and play the game, but you get like 2 fps most of the time. Maybe it's been updated since I played when it first launched, but I doubt much changed to make it playable.

I imagine you need a dual core phone and/or tablet to actually play it.

I am curious how it actually plays though.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    The pc looks like the ideal platform for this, given the videos I've watched. If you have the pc as an option, that is.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Earlier in the thread I linked the prototype for this. Go ahead and download it and try it out. http://www.udk.com/showcase-dungeon-defense There's only one class, but the game is tons of fun with WASD/mouse controls. I'm so hyped for this.

Also, it plays really well on my iPad2 using tablet controls. I can play it on my HTC ISW11HT at an almost acceptable framerate. It's just a bit stuttery.

Dyvion on
  • Options
    What Is Schwa?What Is Schwa? Registered User regular
    I pre-ordered a four pack. One for me, one for the son, and probably trading the other two for some TF2 paraphernalia.
    If you still have a copy I'd love to buy it off you via pay-pal.

I'f you're hell bent on TF2 loot my backpack is up for grabs
    http://www.tf2items.com/id/whatisschwa?p=all

• Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    SO is the pc version identical to the mobile versions? because the android version players beautifully on my transformer and it's hard to go from plays fine and free to 14.99

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    Live stream going on of this atm:

24 hours for Extra Life charity. At benchmark donations they're giving away codes as well.

• Options
    Corpekata wrote:
    Live stream going on of this atm:

24 hours for Extra Life charity. At benchmark donations they're giving away codes as well.

Thanks for the link.

Man, the screen is so busy. I'm sure once I'm used to it, I'll be ok, but man there is words, numbers, effects everywhere.

• Options
    Guess I was not reading the stream right. Just a 24 hour stream, and is going to have different games. Dungeon Defenders appears to be over.

• Options
    piLpiL Registered User regular
    So, is anybody interested in playing this multiplayer?

• Options
    Updated OP, formed a PA DD Steam group.

I'll get more stuff into the OP, things are kind of upside down for me right now.

Please, call me ebo.
This discussion has been closed.