As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem] Awakening: Out now in the colonies. Europe suffers still.

• Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote:
    Dragkonias wrote:
    Oh my God, did IS even check their math in Radiant Dawn? Seven times now. SEVEN TIMES I have been fucked over by one of my guys missing with an 80% or higher chance to hit, but they hit me with a 36-40% chance! IN THE SAME FUCKING CHAPTER!

The gods of chance are cruel gods indeed.

Ike: Curse you, D20! Tell Mia I said....hi. *dies*

What? I got crit'd with Ike once. I think it did like 15 damage. Everything else that he needs to worry about (mages/bosses) generally have weak crit rates to begin with.

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I think he was trying to point out and make fun of how Ike is too preoccupied playing dungeons & dragons and rolling dices and therefore neglects all the hot women around him who are also playing dungeons & dragons.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    DarisDaris Registered User regular
    I think they just like leaving it ambiguous for all the yaoi/siscons out there. Although there is a secret thing between ike and Soren that is ridiculously stupid hard to get. I have no idea if it's just something touchy and bromance or straight out homosexual. I don't care personally.

Ike and his relationships with the rest of the cast are just stupid.

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Soren's impossible to get secret thing is about his origin.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular

And it is awesome.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Cantido wrote:

And it is awesome.

Meh. I let out a surprised "A-HA!", but that was about it. The way they pretty much trashed Support Endings to add a couple (stupid) linear plot devices was completely dumb.

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    I really missed all the varied and wacky supports.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    Cantido wrote:

And it is awesome.

Meh. I let out a surprised "A-HA!", but that was about it. The way they pretty much trashed Support Endings to add a couple (stupid) linear plot devices was completely dumb.

Ah, yeah. The reveal itself is a suprise, but nothing comes of it because everyone is as fucking static as...well...Ike.

• Options
    Zephiran wrote:

???: "Ike, you're very important to me, and I hope that we can be friends forever."
    Ike: "Hello, nice weather we're having."

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    Zephiran wrote:

???: "Ike, you're very important to me, and I hope that we can be friends forever."

Dawn Brigade Member: "Let's fight our best!"
    Dawn Brigade Member 2: "Yeeeaaaah!"

And that's pretty much the entire game right there.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Zephiran wrote:

A: Ignore her
    B: Talk to her
    C: Stare at her
    D : I FIGHT FOR MAI FRIENDS!!!1

Cantido on
  • Options
    Some of Ike's supports are pretty well done.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah. The supports weren't that great.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote:

And it is awesome.

But Soren's slightly less impossible to get secret thing is about the relationship between him and Ike.

• Options
    Zephiran wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk1hElpPXyI

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    Some of Ike's supports are pretty well done.

Yeah. In PoR....

In Radiant Daw-BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I'm sorry, I couldn't do it. But yeah, RD's support system is gutter trash. Not just the generic conversations with "Insert name here" followed by a preset chat, but also the fact that you're limited to one character to share have a unit share a support bonus with. What the fuck is up with that? I didn't go back and start playing FE4 all over again, did I?

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    Yes I mean in PoR. RD doesn't have support conversations.

• Options
    Well cause of this thread I picked up Shadow Dragon at Gamestop for 14.99. If it kicks my ass I can always get a refund.

Marth gets married, therefore he is more manly than Ike :D

• Options
    Marth wears a tiara. Ike kills gods.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    I can't help but feel, that at some level, Nephenee popularity with fans resulted in her support line with Heather.

"Hey guys, you know that super strong, shy, innocent farm girl character you really like? She's totally into chicks."
    Still used both.

• Options
    Pfft, Nephanee had creepy fanboys before Heather was even in the franchise.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Nephanee has fans because when she points her spear at things, they fucking die. She didn't really start speaking until the second game.

I'm digging Shadow Dragon's sprites.

Cantido on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I'm also playing Shadow Dragon again after this thread got me hankering for some more Fire Emblem.

The sprites are servicable, but that is part of the problem. The whole game has this rather bland tone, there's no hint of flair to it at all.

Edit: Also I have thrown vast quantities of men as archer fodder while pushing forward. People keep joining and I need to keep this army lean!

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Shadow Dragon definitely changed my opinion of Marth. I was originally curious about this girly-man in SSB: Melee, then he was still there in Brawl, but then Shadow Dragon came out and initially Marth was a young wimpy prince... but then he starts becoming a pretty awesome leader. Not really in terms of power, but charisma. I mean, he had two princesses flirting with him; one was genuinely in love with him; the other, I couldn't tell.

EDIT: Also, Marth's wife to be has a very creepy resemblance to his sister, so yeah, he's a creep.

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Er... Marth has always been awesome in SSB, moreso than Roy and Ike. Except Home Run Contest where Roy is baller!

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    Whoo-hoo! Finally in part 2! It only gets more fun from here!

jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Well, I'm back up to Chapter 6 with my team of properly leveled characters.

And, I am stuck on Chapter 6 again. Same problems. I can either go slow and keep everyone alive but not save the hostages, or get over in time to save everyone right as the spider appears, but someone always winds up left behind and dies. Highlights of my hours spent on this map *this* time through include poison doing 2 damage every round EVER until someone had 3 HP left, and then doing 3 damage...and the very, very last enemy left on the map critting a character and one-shotting them.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Send Vanessa along the bottom of the map in a timely fashion to rescue and dump the hostages wherever they may fit, preferably somewhere along the bottom. If you take care to swoop in after her and finish off any straggling enemy units you oughta do just fine after that point. Shit, Vanessa should do okay against the boss too if you're careful enough.

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    When the hostages die, do you lose the level? I know the mission's main goal is to kill the boss, and there's a bonus mission right after it, I have this vague feeling that you can let them die without failing the mission?

If not, here's my general strategy (I did this a couple of days ago with a terrible team and saved all three comfortably, like with three turns to spare):
    Give Seth a torch and nothing else. Move him way east and a little south. Have your thief who you keep as far forward as you safely can. Move east, keeping to the south so you don't draw in the cavalry (I don't mean go all the way south, just stay a little south so you're out of their range). Have your pegasus at the southern-most starting point, move her east aggressively. Push east with your main dudes to thin the enemies out (leading with Seth, using the torch regularly), and when you think it's safe rush your pegasus through.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Reynolds wrote:

And, I am stuck on Chapter 6 again. Same problems. I can either go slow and keep everyone alive but not save the hostages, or get over in time to save everyone right as the spider appears, but someone always winds up left behind and dies. Highlights of my hours spent on this map *this* time through include poison doing 2 damage every round EVER until someone had 3 HP left, and then doing 3 damage...and the very, very last enemy left on the map critting a character and one-shotting them.

I always used Seth and Dart to rescue the hostages/kill the spider, but hey, Vanessa can work too, or maybe Garcia.

EDIT:
    Kelor wrote:
    I can't help but feel, that at some level, Nephenee popularity with fans resulted in her support line with Heather.

"Hey guys, you know that super strong, shy, innocent farm girl character you really like? She's totally into chicks."

I thought the crush was one-sided on Heather's part? I'm pretty sure Nephenee was creeped out by Heather, much like she was creeped out by Devdan.

Gaming-Freak on
    jagobannerpic.jpg
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    barte for best supports

• Options
    I'm impartial to Legault, myself.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote:

I always used Seth and Dart to rescue the hostages/kill the spider, but hey, Vanessa can work too, or maybe Garcia.
    Remember that the objective on that mission is to defeat the boss, which isn't the spider. It's much easier to just go kill the boss before the spider even shows up.
    And considering that is one of the actually very difficult missions in the game, there's no shame in using Seth for this job.
    On the note of difficult missions in FE8, I'm on the ship mission. At least it's nice knowing that just about the entire game is clear sailing if I can get through this one.

• Options
    Actually yeah Seth with his Silver Lance and that Killer Edge Joshua brought from Chapter 5 should be able to solo Chapter 6 real nicely.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I'm not lying when I say seth is the best character in FE8. he's not an exp sponge when he is better than the characters he is taking the exp from. easiest way to beat the game is have seth murder everything and have franz/lute/lords pick up exp along the way. add in gerik/cormag later on since they come close to matching the greatness of seth

orson is the true jeigan of the game

Jars on
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Teamwork is AWESOME!

Also, goddamn Shadow Dragon needs an Easy Mo-doh.

Cantido on
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    EDIT:
    Kelor wrote:

I thought the crush was one-sided on Heather's part? I'm pretty sure Nephenee was creeped out by Heather, much like she was creeped out by Devdan.

I don't think Nephenee was creeped out by Heather, I think she just didn't understand her. Simple country girl like her who joined the militia, then the army probably didn't have time to figure out just why some women can be quite passionate about other women.

Personally, as for my vote for Best Supports... Well, I think you'll all be able to guess.
    Sain.

• Options
    "Hi, Nephanee! Wanna Y?"
    "What in tarnation are you talkin about?"

• Options
    L'archel has the best supports by far.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    I never thought I'd say this, but L'Arachel is officially an acceptable loss.

EDIT: And yes, her supports being so awesome is why I never thought I'd say it. But I'm not doing that mission again.

AshtonDragon on
This discussion has been closed.