As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's Play Quest for Glory. Thanks to Piotyr for keeping this going!

• Options
    PiotyrPiotyr Power-Crazed Wizard SilmariaRegistered User regular
    huh. I forgot Sierra was still keeping that antiquated point system around.

It's less emphasized from QFG3 on (to the point where I'm not even sure you can get a perfect 500 even if you do everything "right"), but it's still there.

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    I've decided I'm still going to go for a perfect score, but not worry about pointing it out in my playthrough. Too much work and detracts from the reading.

• Options
    RucioRucio Registered User regular
    It's interesting to see where the juggling lights spell comes from.

When you start Q4g4 as a mage you have all these crazy spells that I was wondering if there were stories behind where they came from.

Now I know :)

• Options
    I was hoping to get the next set finished before I left technology for the weekend, but it doesn't look like that'll happen. So...Monday night then.

• Options

Magic User 31 - What is it good for? Absolutely nothing.

q3b11chase8.png

qg3hero.pngIt had better be to congratulate me on not murdering liontaurs after this whole ordeal.

q3b12rajah1.png

q3rakeesh.pngRajah Sah Tarna, I stand before you.

q3rajah.pngRakeesh Sah Tarna, you stand before me in honor.

q3rakeesh.pngThis is my friend, the Prince of Shapeir.

q3b12rajah5.png

qg3hero.pngGotta say, two fauning chick slaves...nice work there.

q3rajah.pngPrince of Shapeir, you stand before me in honor. Rakeesh, you brought along this Prince of Shapeir to help you bring peace. How can a human be of such service to a Liontaur?

qg3hero.pngI'd show you now, but it's kind of against your laws of bigotry honor.

q3b12rajah8.png

You answer Rajah's question.

qg3hero.pngWell, I know I can out-enchant you, and I plan on having Kreesha teach me every magic she knows.

q3rajah.pngVery well. So this Prince of Shapeir has come to bring peace and harmony to Tarna?

qg3hero.pngThrough war, of course.

q3b12rajah12.png

You defend Rakeesh's bravery and honor.

qg3hero.pngIt's not his fault he's a gimp. Some demon wizard spooked and/or hurt him right in the pride.

q3rajah.pngYou need a human to speak up for you now, Rakeesh?

q3rakeesh.pngI do not need to defend myself to you of all people, Rajah.

qg3hero.pngSee, there you go, Rakeesh. Knew you had it in you.

q3rajah.pngRakeesh, you of anyone should be demanding war instead of talking about peace. Reeshaka is lost! Your own daughter has been killed by the Leopardmen. Do you not want revenge?

qg3hero.pngYou know, Rakeesh, Rajah is making a lot of sense here too. Easiest way to make peace is by forcing it on people through war. Peace on your terms.

q3rakeesh.pngThe truth of what has happened to Reeshaka has not been determined. When I know for certain about Reeshaka, I will deal with the matter myself. I do not need all of Tarna to suffer the horrors of war for my daughter. Revenge for the sake of revenge is pointless. Mindless revenge is pure stupidity.

qg3hero.pngMindful, intelligent revenge is just good business, though.

q3rajah.pngRakeesh, you...

q3b12rajah20.png

You speak of how Rakeesh helped you in Shapeir.

qg3hero.pngIf there's one thing Rakeesh can actually do well, it's talk. He never shut up back in Shapeir.

q3rajah.pngYou are fortunate, Rakeesh, to have such a defender of your honor.

q3b12rajah23.png

You tell Rajah farewell.

qg3hero.pngYou may not be familiar with this specific cultural gesture, but trust me, it means I think you're number 1.

q3c2tarna1.png

qg3hero.pngOk, now what was I doing before I got rudely and repeatedly interrupted?

To-Do (for now):
    - Explore Tarna while Kreesha and Rakeesh...talk.
    - Ask Kreesha about magic...later.
    - Change money (again)
    - Find some primitive way to light up hookah pipe
    - Stand before Council of Judgement on day 3.
    - Find Gem of the Guardian so Sekhmet can judge me
    - Get honey bird feathers without fun violence.
    - Make yet another Dispel Potion.
    -- Water from the Pool of Peace
    -- Gift from the Heart of the World
    -- Fruit of a venomous vine
    - Find Leopardmen and learn their magics.
    - Find Demon-Wizard and measure up.

qg3hero.pngRakeesh was just talking to Rajah, so here's hoping he and Kreesha are...finished, for now.

q3c2tarna2.png
    q3c3kreesha1.png

qg3hero.pngSo...magic?

q3kreesha.pngMy people have a saying, curiosity haunts a human. It certainly seems true in your case.

qg3hero.pngMy people say curiosity kills a cat. Let's hope that's not true in your case.

q3c3kreesha4.png

qg3hero.pngMagic staff? Sounds intriguing. What's it do for me?

q3c3kreesha5.png

qg3hero.pngI'm in. What's the ritual?

q3c3kreesha6.png

qg3hero.pngI happen to have some magical wood right...wait, bad Rakeesh/Kreesha image! OK, I will find magical wood that isn't part of a liontaur.

To-Do:
    - Ask Kreesha about magic...later.
    - Find magical wood for staff

q3kreesha.pngRemember that Rakeesh will be making the Pledge of Peace before the Council. Should you choose to explore the savanna, please stay within a day's journey of Tarna.

qg3hero.pngYeah, yeah, it's on the to-do list, just lower priority. To the banker!

q3c4weapon1.png

qg3hero.pngLook, I'm on my way to get new money. I have plenty of weapons at my disposal here, I just can't use any in the city.

q3c4weapon2.png

qg3hero.pngNow that you mention it, I do like to be ready for anything, and apparently stabbing is more legal than Calm here, so fuck the liontaurs, I'll be back in a minute.

q3c5banker1.png

qg3hero.pngYes. Finally

To-Do (for now):
    - Change money (again)

q3banker.pngI will trade foreign money for the money of Tarna. For this, I must charge a fee of 10% of the amount exchanged. I also will trade 100 commons for 1 royal.

qg3hero.png10%? That's not banking, that's thieving. But you're the only game in town, so let me just bend over then and take your royals right in the common.
    +4 Exchange money (29)

qg3hero.pngNow, what are we all selling here?

q3c6leather1.png

qg3hero.pngI can see you are a leather hide, Leatherface. Those zebra hides look like they could make me one fabulous wizard robe, though. I'll take 5.

q3c6leather8.png
    +2 Buy Zebra Skins (31)

qg3hero.pngAnd since I totally left my waterskins in Shapeir, and I'm swimming in pills, I'd better get some of those too.
    +3 Buy Water Skins (34)

qg3hero.pngNext?

q3c7fruit1.png

qg3hero.pngI'm flattered, Chiquita, but I just don't swing that way. Zebra skins aside. I need to look at some weapons to feel a bit manlier.

q3c8weapon1.png

qg3hero.pngI like that attitude, Shanky. You're easily my favorite weapon master to this point. What can I buy and how many of them can I get? There's warring to be done here.

q3weapon.pngI have a fine spear for those special occasions like formal weddings and ritual monster killings. I also have a very fine dagger, for when combat gets too close for comfort.

qg3hero.pngNothing like a ritual monster killing to get the war flowing. I'll buy all you've got.

q3c8weapon5.png
    +2 Buy Fine Dagger (36)
    +2 Buy Fine Spear (38)

q3weapon.pngIt is good. You are happy. I am happy. We have done well.

qg3hero.pngYep, definitely my favorite weapons guy. Now, what's at this shit junk dealer?

q3c9junk1.png
    q3c9junk2.png

qg3hero.pngOk, let's cut the shit. I will buy something to make you shut the fuck up. Throw something at me.

q3c9junk12.png
    +3 Buy tinderbox (41)

qg3hero.pngDone. Now I can light things in the city. Handy, even. Speaking of lighting up...

To-Do (for now):
    - Find some primitive way to light up hookah pipe

qg3hero.pngI believe it's time for a smoke break.

q3c21drugs1.png
    q3c21drugs2.png

qg3hero.pngLook, I talked about myself for a few minutes and gave her some water, dirt and a hug. She gave me her fruit. Everybody left happy. Well, except her, I guess, she's still stuck as a tree there.

q3salim.pngHow absolutely extraordinary! Now I know just what my dreams mean. This is incredible. Thanks.

qg3hero.pngSure. Whatever. Hookah.

You light the pipe with your tinderbox.

qg3hero.pngJust a little to take the edge off...

q3c21drugs8.png

qg3hero.pngAhh, good stuff. One more hit before I leave...

q3c21drugs13.png
    q3c21drugs14.png

qg3hero.pngThat was pretty sudden. I can stop at any time, and I will....now! Back to the bazaar.

q3honey.pngA most glorious and lovely day, kind sir. Can I sweeten your life today?

qg3hero.pngIf you mean what I think you mean, I already told Chiquita back there it's just not my thing.

q3c10honey2.png

qg3hero.pngYou know what? You sold me. I can always appreciate the exploitation of the common worker.
    +2 Buy Honey (43)

qg3hero.pngNow, you there. What do you offer?

q3c11oil1.png

qg3hero.pngI am not interested in your homemade hair gel. Also, *shudder*. Let's check the rest of this bazaar...

q3c12bazaarsouth.png

qg3hero.pngSo, what have we...

q3c13beads1.png

qg3hero.pngHoly shit, "woman". What will it take for you to leave me the fuck alone?

q3beads.pngVery good beads, effendi. Very pretty.

qg3hero.pngFine, just close that hellmouth of yours. You look like Baba Yaga's uglier older sister.

q3c13beads5.png
    +2 Buy Beads (45)

q3c14fish1.png

qg3hero.pngI do need food rations, but cooking fish? That sounds like way too many steps.

What about you, rope man? Give me your spiel.

q3c15rope1.png

qg3hero.pngWow. I hate to judge a book by its cover, but you look more like the type of guy that needs to be tied down with rope rather than selling it. In fact, did you untie yourself from that rope?

Looks like this bazaar heads a little further south...

q3c16katta1.png

qg3hero.pngA Katta? The Katta love me! Wait, didn't Shema give me something for a Katta in Tarna?

q3c16katta4.png
    q3c16katta5.png

qg3hero.pngYour name wouldn't happen to be...Shallah, would it?

q3shallah.pngI am Shallah, a Katta from the land of Shapeir.

qg3hero.pngSo, if you're Shallah, Shema gave me a letter for you.

+5 Give Shema's note to Shallah (50)

q3c16katta7.png

qg3hero.pngActually, I just saved an entire civilization of Kattas in Shapeir from an evil wizard. I am their prince, you know.
    +3 Tell Shallah about Shapeir (53)

q3shallah.pngIt is such a pleasure to hear news of my homeland. I cannot express my happiness from your story.

q3c16katta9.png
    +2 Acquire leopard from Shallah (55)

qg3hero.pngFree is always my favorite buying price. I'm sure someone will want this. I'll treasure it always.

Now to put a stop to this incessant drumming.

q3c17drummer3.png

qg3hero.pngIF I GIVE YOU THESE COINS, WILL YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP?

He smiles and shakes his head. (He doesn't seem to know your language.)

qg3hero.pngWORTH A SHOT ANYWAY.
    +3 Give Commons to drummer (58)

The drummer smiles at you as you give him 10 commons.

qg3hero.pngWELL, SHIT. HEY, DO YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SELL ME, MEATHEAD?

q3c18meat1.png

qg3hero.pngSURE...I mean, sure. I'll let you sell me some meat. I think your asking price is a little high, though. Here's what I'm prepared to pay...

q3c18meat8.png
    q3c18meat9.png

qg3hero.pngYes, Kalb. And now I will buy you completely out of your store full of meat at one common each.

q3c18meat10.png
    q3c18meat11.png

qg3hero.pngI changed my mind. You are my most favorite thing, ever.

q3meat.pngThank you, thank you, thank you! Thank you so much! May your meat never moulder or crawl with disgusting, creepy maggots! You won't regret this. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

qg3hero.pngSuddenly less appetizing. Still, I own a meat store.

Now, you there, what are you trying to pawn off?

q3c19amulets2.png

qg3hero.pngI think you must have been joking, Shaft, or meant 30 commons. Royals? Yeah, I'll just use my free arsenal of magical protection and weapons.

That leaves one more seller...

q3c20cloth1.png

qg3hero.pngWell, aren't you a sight for sore eyes? Whatever you're selling, I'm interested.

q3cloth.pngI will be happy to sell you some fine clothes and robes worthy of a prince, effendi.

qg3hero.pngIt just so happens I am a prince. I'll have to show you my palace some time. One robe, then, worthy of me!

q3c20cloth8.png
    +2 Buy Fine Robe (60)

qg3hero.pngWell, that should be just about enough to survive in the wilderness without these stupid, pointless, Liontaur rules. Time to leave this hateful place!

q3c22exit1.png
    q3c22exit3.png
    +3 Leave Tarna for the first time (63)

qg3hero.pngHuh...that's different.

q3c23end.png

Points tally (starting from 25):
    +4 Get New Money
    +2 Buy Zebra Skins
    +3 Buy Waterskins
    +2 Buy Fine Dagger
    +2 Buy Fine Spear
    +3 Buy Tinderbox
    +2 Buy Honey
    +2 Buy Beads
    +5 Give Shema's Note to Shallah
    +3 Tell Shallah about Shapeir
    +2 Get Wooden Leopard from Shallah
    +3 Give commons to the Drummer
    +2 Buy Fine Robe from Cloth Merchant
    +3 Leave Tarna for the first time
    Total: 63 points out of 500

• Options
    Why I never realized that you could actually light the hookah.

And that poor meat seller. I always knocked him down to 1 coin. Always felt bad about it, but he always seemed so happy about it so I guess it works out.

• Options
    He's still in business, which means he must be able to sustain that price. Which means the quality of his meats must be abysmal. Sitll, a little hot sauce and anything's edible.

• Options
    edited September 2011
    Didn't mean to double post and now I can't figure out how to delete this one. Oops?

Rucio on
  • Options
    Rucio wrote:
    He's still in business, which means he must be able to sustain that price. Which means the quality of his meats must be abysmal. Sitll, a little hot sauce and anything's edible.

Clearly the man pushes enough volume to keep all the meat fresh, though. Plus, it's my meat store now, and we'll be selling for a profit in the near future.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited September 2011
    Rucio wrote:

Oh, you were in the Army too?

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Excellent stuff as always guys. :^:

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    huh. I forgot Sierra was still keeping that antiquated point system around.
    Antiquated how?

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    Well, the notion that games need to have points. I guess it was a relic of the pinball days. Pac-Man had points. Mario had points. So even a role playing game like Quest for Glory had points, but between the points of the player's stats and the plot development, there really was no reason to have "points" for the actions you complete. Either you finish the game and defeat the big bad or you don't.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    triple post. wtf??

DisruptedCapitalist on
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    quadruple post? this is so effing weird.

DisruptedCapitalist on
  • Options
    Well, the notion that games need to have points. I guess it was a relic of the pinball days. Pac-Man had points. Mario had points. So even a role playing game like Quest for Glory had points, but between the points of the player's stats and the plot development, there really was no reason to have "points" for the actions you complete. Either you finish the game and defeat the big bad or you don't.

It's quite a bit different from the arcade style points, though. It was used as a measure of completion in this series, as with all the adventure games of the era.

• Options
    ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    Plus there were better and worse solutions to many puzzles. Finishing a Sierra game with, say, 374 out of 450 points told you that you could've found better solutions and you may just have missed a couple of optional puzzles. So yes, there were very good reasons to have points in these games.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    true, but why should this matter in a role playing game? Why does chasing the thief give better points than casting a spell? (Since casting the spell doesn't end the game, but instead the PC receives a reprimand from the counsel it should be a viable option and not receive a penalty. Though since this game of all of them is more Paladin Quest than anything, I guess that's why the point system works the way it does.)

• Options
    Also, FYI, that last set I posted was the 98th set overall for this LP.

• Options
    *Shrugs* Sierra Points are about like Trophies/Achievements/AchivementPoints. Take 'em or leave 'em.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    true, but why should this matter in a role playing game? Why does chasing the thief give better points than casting a spell? (Since casting the spell doesn't end the game, but instead the PC receives a reprimand from the counsel it should be a viable option and not receive a penalty. Though since this game of all of them is more Paladin Quest than anything, I guess that's why the point system works the way it does.)

DisruptedCapitalist is throwing off the chains of your subjectively idealized points reward system. Fight the power!

• Options
    edited September 2011
    lulz. Actually, Syphyre does have a good point. I really was an early Achievement system, so in that regard it's cool. It's a pity there isn't a "smoke the hooka" achievement. :bz

DisruptedCapitalist on
  • Options
    MassenaMassena Registered User regular
    Meh, I never liked the points system. It seemed so arbitrary and opaque, glad it phased itself out.

• Options
    Well guess what, it's in ALL FIVE GAMES! :D

• Options
    there is a disappointing lack of updates. You guys just not feeling #3?

• Options
    Honestly, I needed the break. I put far more work into the QFG2 then I ever thought I would (take a look at what I did for QFG1 and compare). I'll get back to it in not too long!

• Options
    HammerlockHammerlock Registered User regular
    If you guys just want to go "...and there was much walking around the grassland. Then stuff happened and hey, Mordavia!" we'll totally understand.

• Options
    I'm just trying to be slow and steady here so that nobody else feels pressured to catch up too quickly. I'll post another set this week, trying to pick up as many savannah easter eggs as I can (they're a bit random).

• Options
    Hammerlock wrote:
    If you guys just want to go "...and there was much walking around the grassland. Then stuff happened and hey, Mordavia!" we'll totally understand.

Wages of War is the Two Towers of QFG.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Just don't skip over it entirely... It's the only game that I played as a fighter/paladin in and never tried any other class so I'm really looking forward to Josh and Piotyr's playthroughs.

Maybe just a high-light reel or something.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Same here Nocren. Is the game any fun with the other classes? I don't think I made it past Tarna when I tried a magic-user game.

• Options
    MassenaMassena Registered User regular
    The thief is the only class that's got no real love. There's a fair bit for the mage to do. The paladin DOES get serious love, but the mage gets some unique stuff that he can use in other games, and has a few set piece events.

I mean, there's a group of fighters, a group of magic users, but there's no group of thieves, at least, not that I ever found.

To be honest, I don't really get all the hate for this game. It's not the flashiest of the 5, and it's a bit of a holding action for the rest of the series, but it's not awful. Or maybe my memories are a bit rose colored.

• Options
    HammerlockHammerlock Registered User regular
    Out of the 5, it's easily the weakest. It was shoehorned in due to a desire to play out the meta-narrative a bit, and it shows.
    That said, it's not terrible, but if you took out the long walks across the savannah and jungle the game would be significantly shorter than it already is.

• Options
    In my opinion, 5 is the weakest because of the pixel hunter combat.

Speaking of long walks through the savannah, I have images uploaded for the next set, which is going to be a little shorter.

• Options
    Don't listen to us, btw, we're all making fun of 3 but I really do enjoy that game.

I've played enough and have pictures enough for a set or 4, just need to put them together. The "fun" part :P

• Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    Just popping in to say that I've really been enjoying this LP. Quest for Glory 3 was the first game I ever bought (waaay back in grade seven). I remember -agonizing- over which class to play, settling on a magic user, and then hitting some bug that had me wandering aimlessly and fruitlessly through the savannah and jungle for something like 700 game days.

Good times.

• Options
    Thanks for the words of encouragement. :^:

I just hope I can keep making them funny and/or interesting.

• Options
    Barring special circumstances, I should be able to finish getting the next set up tonight. That should take us to the part where the game actually starts getting interesting. ;)

• Options
    I consider an unavailable forum a special circumstance. :)

Magic User 32 - Killing Time...Among Other Things

q3d1savannah1.png

qg3hero.pngDon't I just feel like a speck on the map? Mostly because I literally am right now. At least I can unleash the fury...and it's been so long I've basically forgotten what fury I even have...

q3magicdetect.png Detect Magic: 200
    q3magicopen.png Open: 200
    q3magictrigger.png Trigger: 200
    q3magiccaln.png Calm: 200
    q3magicfetch.png Fetch: 200
    q3magicflame.png Flame Dart: 200
    q3magicforce.png Force Bolt: 200
    q3magiczap.png Zap: 191
    q3magicdazzle.png Dazzle: 185
    q3magiclevitate.png Levitate: 125
    q3magicreversal.png Reversal: 125
    q3magiclights.png Juggling Lights: 5

qg3hero.pngAhh yes. May want to practice that juggling crap at some point. But for now...

To-Do (for now):
    - Get honey bird feathers without violence.

qg3hero.pngCan't really go anywhere fun because of that damned Council of Judgment. There does seem to be something interesting a ways to the southeast, though. Worth checking out. Hey, maybe I can even murder something on the way.

q3d1savannah2l.png
    q3d3lizardman0.png

qg3hero.pngWait...did I hear something?

q3d3lizardman2.png

qg3hero.pngOh you...you have no idea what you're getting into here.

q3d3lizardman4.png

qg3hero.pngSo, you'll just stand there then while I pummel you mercilessly with Flame Darts?

q3d3lizardman5.png

qg3hero.pngIn the savannah, no one can hear you scream.

q3d3lizardman6.png

qg3hero.pngAww...so close to getting an attack off. Man, Shapeir had tougher enemy combat than this.

q3d3lizardman8.png

qg3hero.pngI'm almost disappointed. It's barely worth attacking anything out here. Maybe once the war kicks into gear there'll be something worth murdering.

q3d4savannah1.png

qg3hero.pngGoing to be dark soon. Should be able to get to that southeast area before I have to head back to the Council of Judgment, though.

q3d4savannah2.png

qg3hero.pngBut not quite before dark, apparently...good thing nothing in this area is dangerous, except me.

q3d5vines2.png
    The rocks here form a small alcove where some very interesting looking plants are growing. On the far side, you see some animals watching over the plants. They look like meerkats with wings. They must be meerbats.

qg3hero.pngThanks for the brief overview, narrator. What can you tell me about the plants?

These vines look like they are covered with sharp spiky bits.

qg3hero.pngAnd what about that giant one in the middle?

This vine is covered with ripe, bright fruit.

qg3hero.pngThink that may be the fruit of the venomous vine, then? Only one way to find out...

q3d5vines80.png

qg3hero.pngFuck, the vines move, too?! Way to not mention that, narrator.

You really don't feel well.

qg3hero.pngI can't even cast a spell in here? What else am I going to do, swat at it with a weapon? Fuck that, I have a reputation to uphold.

q3d5vines83.png

qg3hero.pngYep, definitely venomous vines. And that reputation indicates that I need to do this using a much more mystical method...

YR3dF.gif
    +8 Get Venomous Vine Fruit (71)

To-Do (for now):
    - Get honey bird feathers without violence.

qg3hero.pngAll that walking, fetching and murdering has made for a long day (not to mention all that crap earlier in Liontaur Hateland). I have no desire to actually go back there to sleep regularly, so I may as well set up camp out here where there's less shit to bother me.

q3d6night1.png

qg3hero.pngDo you have to ask, narrator?

q3d6night2.png

qg3hero.pngErr, that's a pile of sticks, not a...ohhhh.

q3d6night4.png
    q3d6night5.png

qg3hero.pngYep, sorry tinderbox, looks like you're only good to me when I need to commit hate crimes get wasted in cities. Time to call it a night.

q3d6night6.png

You hear a strange noise approaching from the west.

q3d6night8.png
    q3d7arne1.png

qg3hero.pngI think that hookah may have been laced with something even more fucked up.

q3arne.pngNew around here, eh? Betcha never seen an earth pig before. Arne's the name. Arne Saknoosen. Diggin's the game. I'm a miner, you know.

qg3hero.pngNo, I don't. Am I hallucinating or dreaming? Are you for real?

q3arne.pngYes, one of the world renowned Aardvark Miners. Remember our slogan. We dig -- Earth Pigs. Catchy, ain't it?

qg3hero.pngNo, it isn't. What the fuck are you doing anyway? I need sleep, so you have about 10 seconds to prove useful, or I'm eating free bacon for breakfast.

q3arne.pngI bet I've explored every inch of East Fricana. I know every anthole and termite mound there is from savanna to jungle.

qg3hero.pngSo you may prove useful after all. I take it East Fricana is this whole game land area. Any points of interest in the savanna?

q3d7arne9.png

qg3hero.pngTurns out I already found the most wretched place in that list. I also located the venomous vines. What about this Simbani Village? I have a feeling I'll be heading there soon.

q3arne.pngDon't have much to do with the Simbani. They aren't much interested in gold and gems. They just care about cows.

qg3hero.pngCows, eh? That doesn't sound promising for magical prowess. Magic pool, on the other hand...

q3arne.pngLemme think, the magic pool is somewhere around the Simbani village, if I remember correctly. Peaceful place to stay, but the giant ants avoid the place. Not much point in me going there, seeing as how I'm hunting ants.

qg3hero.pngMagic, peaceful, and devoid of you? I think I just found my new base camp.

Anyway, the lions mentioned a jungle. Anything interesting in there?

q3arne.pngYep, it's a jungle out there. Full of strange creatures and weird plants.

qg3hero.pngWeirder than lion people and venomous vines? Also, one more pun that bad and I'm having bacon anyway.

q3arne.pngGotta really watch your step in the jungle. You never know if you're about to step on something, or something's about to step on you.

qg3hero.pngI'm still pretty convinced that I'm the most dangerous thing on the block to this point.

q3d7arne16.png

qg3hero.pngGiant tree, you say?

q3arne.pngYessiree, that is one humongous tree. I explored it once. That's my job, explorer. That's why they call me Uncanny Arne, you know. Don't suppose you did at that.

qg3hero.pngOr care, at that.

q3arne.pngAt any rate, one night I decided to climb that giant tree to see what was what. Didn't see much. Just some strange glowing light and a bunch of plants. Not an ant to be found.

qg3hero.pngSo another place with magic and without you. Must-see. What about the Leopardmen?

q3arne.pngWell, this is just hearsay and speculation, but there's supposed to be a tribe of shape-changing humans living out in the jungle. I never actually seen the village though.

qg3hero.pngSo you're as knowledgeable as I am at this point about them.

q3d7arne21.png

qg3hero.pngMagic is good news. I have a feeling I know what side I'm on in the war. Good thing I already gathered a shitload of supplies, because I don't think it'll make the lions happy.

What about this Lost City?

q3d7arne22.png

qg3hero.pngApemen, now? Are we sure they're not just men? Cat men, Lion men, Dog men, Pig men, Leopard men, Lizard men, we've run the gamut.

q3arne.pngAny rate, we Aardvarks pretty much mine our own business. Mine our own business, get it? It's a miner joke, heh, heh.

qg3hero.pngStrike two on bad puns, Arne. Give me useful information, now, or start roasting.

q3arne.pngA couple of months ago, we earth pigs felt a tremor in the force. Magical force, that is. Aardvarks are real sensitive about tremors, you know. Comes of being close to the earth, and all.

qg3hero.pngGet to the point, or get on the fire.

q3arne.pngAnyhow, there was this magical disturbance, which means trouble to miners. Never know when a hole will collapse because of some danged disturbance. So the Aardvark Alliance sent out someone to investigate.

qg3hero.pngThis story does have a point, right?

q3arne.pngWho they gonna call? Arne, of course. Arne Saknoosen, world famous explorer. So I climb down from the mountains to see what I can see.

qg3hero.pngLast chance to find useful information in there, Arne. I'm tired and aching to blow something up.

q3arne.pngWell, I didn't see much happening until I got near to the old Lost City. Lotsa strange things going on, weird lights, ugly monsters sort of thing. Looks to be pretty much above ground, though. Not likely to affect the aardvark mines.

qg3hero.pngWell, I suppose it's worth checking out at some point, at least. Maybe something there will provide a challenge.

To-Do:
    - Track down the Lost City

qg3hero.pngNow, Arne, as much as I love murdering things pointless chit-chat, it'd probably be best if you left. Now.

q3d7arne38.png

q3arne.pngOkay, I can take a hint. You want to go to sleep, right? Not interested in talking to an earth pig, right? You humans are all alike.

qg3hero.pngPretty much hit the nail on the head there, aside from the all alike part. I'm special, because I can kill you before you scream.

q3d7arne40.png

qg3hero.pngFinally.

q3d8sleep1.png
    q3d8sleep3.png
    q3d8sleep4.png

qg3hero.pngWell, back to killing time, lizardmen, and possibly an earth pig.

q3d9fire1.png
    q3d9fire2.png

qg3hero.pngA fake death? That hookah was definitely laced with something. Maybe I'll just practice some magic until I have to go back to that magic forsaken Tarna.

q3d12end1.png

qg3hero.pngPlus I got about 3 hours of sleep last night because of that damned aardvark earth pig. That was real, right? Ah well, Kreesha's paying for the room, may as well use it once.

q3d12end2.png
    q3d12end3.png
    q3d12end4.png

qg3hero.pngYep, got one good use out of it. I'm in no mood for this Council shit now, though.

q3d13stats.png

Points tally (starting from 63):
    +8 Get Fruit From Venomous Vines
    Total: 71 points out of 500

• Options
    I never did get if that earth pig is a reference to something else, or just a completely in-game joke.