Options

Sticks carrying dogs thread (also cat [chat])

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My sister returns from Prague. She got everyone what they asked for.

I ask for FLAT shoes. She brings me back 2inch heel ankle boots.

For my birthday I asked for soap she brings home a waffle iron.

SHE'S TRYING TO GIVE ME AN ANEURYSM.

Mim on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    Drez wrote: »
    I don't want to treehouse or whatever but this is exactly what rubs me the wrong way about G&T:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=138966

The first four or five posts are lambasting a game before it's out based on an image, a live action trailer, and a basic description of the game will probably entail.

"Oh no, the main character has changed, I'm fucking ANGRY!!!!!!!!"

What the hell, guys? How about waiting to see something tangible first. Fuck almighty.

Counter Argument:

Metal Gear Solid 2.

That's not a counter argument. It's a title drop of one game that runs the full gamut of critical and user review and even if MGS2 were universally panned still doesn't serve as an example that excuses prejudgment in this particular case. In fact, even if there had been ten or twenty or even one hundred examples like MGS2, all universally panned, it still wouldn't be a valid pattern to justify prejudgment. Because prejudgment is universally wrong.

....what?

Really?

This can't be real, can it?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    bone daddy wrote: »
    No, actually your cat is a wizard that is maintaining a glamour enchantment over your home so that when you step through, you think your dog is the one to blame but it's actually your cat. It's a slick bit of magic, but a complicated spell for a house cat. He must be brilliant.

Are you putting forth the hypothesis that my cats have sort of Wonder-Twinsed their powers together in order to be able to shit dog-shit all over my house in order to frame the hound?

Yes.
    Because I think it would be easier at that point to ritually murder the dog and make it look like she ran away because she's a whore who wants to get with all the dude-dogs and maybe afflict the household with some puppies when she finally gets back from her sex-vacation.

And Lex Luthor should have just sold his inventions on Esty or Ebay, but villains rarely do things the way us normal folk do.

I bet your cats are plotting together right now.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    bone daddybone daddy Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »
    shoulda gotten a jewish dog

a sephartic terrier or something

you're killing your mother!

My mother is the one who gave me this dog. I'm like "Can't you just once--just once--in your life not give me an animal that is irreparably broken?" (Spoiler: She cannot.) So the shameless dog joins the ranks of cats who hide behind washing machines for months on end and guinea pigs who will not tolerate being picked up and fish who eat all the other fish in spite of being vegetarians.
    Also holy shit it hurts to type a little. Not enough to stop me but it's a constant twinge.

Stretch out your arms straight ahead, close your hands into fists, and rotate your hands slowly in a circle?

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I don't want to treehouse or whatever but this is exactly what rubs me the wrong way about G&T:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=138966

The first four or five posts are lambasting a game before it's out based on an image, a live action trailer, and a basic description of the game will probably entail.

"Oh no, the main character has changed, I'm fucking ANGRY!!!!!!!!"

What the hell, guys? How about waiting to see something tangible first. Fuck almighty.

Counter Argument:

Metal Gear Solid 2.

That's not a counter argument. It's a title drop of one game that runs the full gamut of critical and user review and even if MGS2 were universally panned still doesn't serve as an example that excuses prejudgment in this particular case. In fact, even if there had been ten or twenty or even one hundred examples like MGS2, all universally panned, it still wouldn't be a valid pattern to justify prejudgment. Because prejudgment is universally wrong.

....what?

Really?

This can't be real, can it?

All prejudgment is wrong. I don't even need to know the specifics of the prejudgment to know it's always wrong.

Drez on
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Mim wrote: »

Maybe she's giving you the pieces that you will need to one day solve a puzzle that you never imagined being confronted with.

In the moment you realize the waffle iron shaped indentation in the door matches the waffle iron your sister gave to you, you will know the love she has for you runs deeper than you thought possible.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It's getting to the time of year where I have to retire my winter boots. Which makes me sad. I'm 6'0" in them.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

I would kill for a waffle iron.

Except I'd probably almost never use it because it seems like a bitch to clean out and they sell really good waffles across the street.

• Options
    edited March 2011
    wazilla wrote: »

Maybe she's giving you the pieces that you will need to one day solve a puzzle that you never imagined being confronted with.

In the moment you realize the waffle iron shaped indentation in the door matches the waffle iron your sister gave to you, you will know the love she has for you runs deeper than you thought possible.

Or, she's bought the waffle iron so I'd make her waffles (I just recently learned I like to cook) and she bought the boots hoping I wouldn't like them (I'm 5'9. I do not need an extra 2 inches, especially with my atrocious posture and weak ankles) and she could wear them so she'd 5'8.

Mim on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I got hoes.

I got hoes in different

Area Codes

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Except I'd probably almost never use it because it seems like a bitch to clean out and they sell really good waffles across the street.

Not so bad actually.

Unless you put too much batter in. Then it spills over everywhere and gets in the hinges and yeah that sucks to clean up.

Galahad on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Or, she's bought the waffle iron so I'd make her waffles (I just recently learned I like to cook) and she bought the boots hoping I wouldn't like them (I'm 5'9. I do not need an extra 2 inches, especially with my atrocious posture and weak ankles) and she could wear them so she'd 5'8.

I didn't think any girl would turn down an extra 2 inches.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Actually, its really easy to clean. It's non-stick.

But still, I wanted to try the soap from Lush. I had been going on about it for a month, I even told her directly when she asked.

Waffle iron out of no where.

Mim on
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    All prejudgment is wrong. I don't even need to know the specifics of the prejudgment to know it's always wrong.

So you can decide that all future prejudgments will be wrong...by prejudging them?

Lawndart on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

But still, I wanted to try the soap from Lush. I had been going on about it for a month, I even told her directly when she asked.

If you were my sister, I would brave Lush for you.

Lush fucking reeks of chemicals. It stinks from a mile away. It gives me a headache. I hate it.

But I'd get you your soap.

• Options
    edited March 2011
    And Lex Luthor should have just sold his inventions on Esty or Ebay, but villains rarely do things the way us normal folk do.

I bet your cats are plotting together right now.

Point. Though if the cats are plotting, it's not together. One of them is totally the Dr. Frakenstein to the other's Igor.

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
  • Options
    edited March 2011

If it makes me wobbly and I almost fall over and knock my two front teeth out (again), I turn it down.

I never turn down an extra 2 inches of scarf though. Or gloves. I've always wanted gloves that go up to my biceps. Or, where my biceps are supposed to be.

Mim on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Hey I have an embarassing story.

So a few weeks ago, my coworkers bought me a birthday cake and sang to me and whatnot. I had some trouble blowing out the candles. So I grinned and said "I guess I'm just bad at blowing." Then I looked up and remembered I was at work. The awkward chuckles helped remind me.

This is why I say all these terrible things in chat; to purge them from my mind when I go to work the next day.

Drez on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

Lush fucking reeks of chemicals. It stinks from a mile away. It gives me a headache. I hate it.

:D

you are awesome

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I like my theory better :(

wazilla on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

If it makes me wobbly and I almost fall over and knock my two front teeth out (again), I turn it down.

Yeah, well, you know what they say.

Drez on
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It bothers me more than a little bit (but not enough to be "a lot") that all autoattacks in LoL deal physical damage.

Like, my guy is obviously firing magical bolts or beams here. How is that physical, but the rest of my spells deal magic damage?

mrflippy on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

That's so sweet. Thank you <3

I just wanted to try their soap cause I heard it was pretty good and in weird shapes.

Mim on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Lawndart wrote: »

So you can decide that all future prejudgments will be wrong...by prejudging them?

Yes. I don't see the problem with this. The circle is the most pristine shape in existence. Therefore, circular logic is the most pristine logic in existence.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I thought Lush was supposed to be all natural stuff? The stores have never smelled especially like chemicals when I've been in them.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I think this insanely attractive girl was hitting on me on the subway. I don't get it. My hair was all sweaty and tied back in the sloppiest way possible and I was half-asleep in a hoodie and my knuckles had a big cut on them. What.

• Options
    edited March 2011

Have you displeased her? I ask because this is what I do to my siblings when they have displeased me.

"Bottle of Grey Goose? So you can drunk-dial me at work again? I think not. It will be oven mitts or nothing at all."

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Have you displeased her? I ask because this is what I do to my siblings when they have displeased me.

"Bottle of Grey Goose? So you can drunk-dial me at work again? I think not. It will be oven mitts or nothing at all."

I always displease her. She's a very angry person by nature.

She comes home today:

Me: Hey!
    Her: *looking at my brand spanking new glasses* Are those Ray-Bans?
    Me: ...Yeah?
    Her: You're a loser.

NEVER MIND that she just bought herself a pair for Christmas. Now every time I go by her room she is giving me the death glare.

Mim on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

She comes home today:

NEVER MIND that she just bought herself a pair for Christmas. Now every time I go by her room she is giving me the death glare.

Ray-Bans are rated for death glares. So no worries.

wazilla on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I like my theory better :(

It kind of works. The Frakenstein cat injured herself recently, and the Igor cat kind of went mad with power. She was all "I will groom you now!" and the other cat was stuck just riding it out. Presumably there was a point at which the descending relative power of one met the ascending relative power of the other, and they were, for the moment, equals capable of conspiring and truly cooperative action. I guess if that happened to occur during the few hours I was out, they could have framed the dog.

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
  • Options
    edited March 2011

She comes home today:

Ray-Bans are rated for death glares. So no worries.

I like 'em because Donald Glover wears a pair. Plus, they're huge and take up my face and I've always wanted big glasses. I find them cute.

Mim on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    dude mim punch your sister in the taco

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I think this insanely attractive girl was hitting on me on the subway. I don't get it. My hair was all sweaty and tied back in the sloppiest way possible and I was half-asleep in a hoodie and my knuckles had a big cut on them. What.

She thought you were a butch

she wanted to be your femme

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Why did you beat up Pony, Cass?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

I guess you're stuck enduring her shitty gifts for a while then. I would suggest finding someone to whom they can reliably be regifted and spite-gifting the hell out of holiday occasions when it comes to her. Find some nice perfume to which she is allergic and feign confusion on a bi-annual basis, all claiming that you were under the impression that it was her favorite.

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I like 'em because Donald Glover wears a pair. Plus, they're huge and take up my face and I've always wanted big glasses. I find them cute.

Ugh, are they those awful ridiculous huge dark-rimmed glasses that everybody seems to like these days?

:?

mrflippy on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    If anyone wonders why I don't like the new MLP and why I dropped the ponies from my sig/av?

Shit like this is why

Pony on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

HE PIMP SLAPPED ME.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I also punched her in the face and made her bleed, but that's less insulting than a pimp slap.

Pony on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

HE PIMP SLAPPED ME.

WELL THEN TIME YOU'LL HAVE HIS MONEY!

JustinSane07 on
This discussion has been closed.