As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] [CHAT] thread. 4.2 on the PTR, time to chuck woodland animals.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Eviiz wrote: »
    Yep, in the dwarven district in SW. My Blacksmith was pleased.

While the dwarven district is sort of, kind of convenient, it's not as convenient as this:
    new+org+tauren+area.JPG

So Ulduar was released on april 14th. Unless something crazy happens, Cata is actually going to be slower than wotlk... which is stupid.

Yeah, but in this case its alright since the first raid isn't lolnaxxramas. People haven't steamrolled through the first raid as fast as they did during wotlk.

Yeah. I mean, maybe it's different on servers I don't know about, but being 12/12 normal mode
    still means your one of the better guilds on the server.

shryke on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    To be fair, up until Cata the AH was for engineers only in Dalaran.

They also added one for each faction in their badge rooms.

Opty on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So, right now my level 57 shaman is herbs/alchemy. Planning to replace herbalism with something else, since my druid is already an herbalist, but I can't decide what. Maybe engineering, since I've never taken one of those up to max level before, but I'd have to farm a bunch of materials.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Orgrimmar actually even has 5 banks/auction houses: Two orcish combos in the Valley of Strength and the Valley of Honor and then one each in each of the minor races' sections (Troll, Goblin, Tauren). For the latter, auction house and bank are very close to each other, whereas the Orcs built their stuff separately.

And yes, almost all my chars are bound at the Taurens place. The picture above doesn't show the innkeeper in the tent next to the mail box. I prefer the Tauren area for the look and because the trolls huts always get in my camera.

Grobian on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Also the tauren one is the closest to the portals.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    Mc zanyMc zany Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    -SPI- wrote: »
    Also the tauren one is the closest to the portals.

that is why my hearthstone is set there.

Mc zany on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    My hearth on my warlock is set still to Brill which is not as convenient as it used to be

My brother told me in the patch that they are adding cooking and daily quests to all the cities

As for the patch they really should just leak some of it since it's going to come out anytime soon because this is a apolgy for cata being so Meh

Brainleech on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I've been thinking about this for a while as I'm levelling alts and I wonder if anyone else shares this view. I actually find that while excellent the first time through, I end up finding the newer style heavily chained quest structure of Wrath and moreso Cataclysm more boring than TBC and now defunct vanilla style questing on repeat runthroughs.

After the first time through and I've seen everything I kind of would just prefer to be able to fill an entire questlog full of quests, do them all and then turn them all in at once. I miss that. I find it gets tiresome quicker to do the new style 2 or 3 at a time then turn in then 3 more etc.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So I leveled my first healer this expansion and have begun healing normal instances to get acclimated. And...I'm just getting shit on. I don't really know how to keep up with the sheer amount of damage people are taking.

Part of it's my lack of familiarity and reflexes, but people just play like assholes. Zero CC, people stand in things, etc. A DK tank with gear comparable to mine will tank a full group of GB mobs (so, like 4 mobs and 2-3 elementals), nobody will interrupt anything ever, and I just can't keep up.

Am I doomed? I can't even get gear to do heroics if I can't finish dungeons, and I'm scared to heal heroics if this is what normals are like.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    SammichSammich Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I like that a lot about BC.. but then on the flip side i never ever enjoyed leveling my toons as much as i enjoy it in Cat. Im not sure what it was but my 5 toons have been maxed for a while now and it was always fun doing it. Dungeon LFG had something to do with it i would think, as it broke up the pace by jumping into an instance while leveling where i never had that before. But then, i generally think there is a lot less to do now.. im not sure why. Im just not enjoying this expansion much as i did the others outside of the levelling.

Sammich on
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yes, I missed that as well. Outland, especially HFP at the beginning is kind of like this and I love it. Let me do 25 quests all over the map @ 310% speed. I'm just collecting bear asses anyways.

belligerent on
  • Options
    TinTin Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    the problem i have with the new leveling curve is it's not really possible to skip anything. With heirloom items, i'm way above the level of the quests in my zone, but i can't skip to the later quests in the zone, because i haven't unlocked their phase yet. So I'm stuck either doing gray quests to keep doing this zone, or farming enough dungeons to get to the next one.

Tin on
  • Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Hilarious Lost city of Tol Vir last night. One of the DPS is an Unholy Dk named Minijoker. He comes in with rez sickness, ok wierd. When we ask him about it, he says that he died from fatigue and couldn't rez. His gear is mostly level 318 greens and he has some of the crafted pvp gear. Hes dps and cheated the ilevel, but ok, maybe he can he just do ok dps and we will be fine. Getting ready to pull he activates frost prescence and doesn't summon his pet. So he is full unholy spec, dpsing in frost and not using his ghoul. He does 1.7k dps with the LFG buff. After some helpful hints he uses unholy prescence. Then after a few more wipes he gets his ghoul out. Eventually he dies so much from standing in shit he leaves group becuase he has no gold to repair. It was an incredible expierence.

Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    So I leveled my first healer this expansion and have begun healing normal instances to get acclimated. And...I'm just getting shit on. I don't really know how to keep up with the sheer amount of damage people are taking.

Part of it's my lack of familiarity and reflexes, but people just play like assholes. Zero CC, people stand in things, etc. A DK tank with gear comparable to mine will tank a full group of GB mobs (so, like 4 mobs and 2-3 elementals), nobody will interrupt anything ever, and I just can't keep up.

Am I doomed? I can't even get gear to do heroics if I can't finish dungeons, and I'm scared to heal heroics if this is what normals are like.

Well to be honest, GB is the worst of the worst to heal in terms of a reg instance(havent healed any heroics, i rather dps). There are some pulls which are friggin nightmares and can cause a tank to drop in like 3 seconds flat. I hate healing in this expansion. Its not fun. I had a lot more fun in previous expansions. I rather the WOTLK style or BC style, except possibly make mana management matter.

CC has slowly disappeared unless the tank asks for it. Tho i must admit ive had dps sometimes, and its always a shammy, hex something regardless of if the tank asks to or not, especially if he/she sees that the healer is having a hard time. I assume thats the case because most of the times i see shammys as having a healing offspec or its their main spec and understand the crap healers go through.

Sammich on
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yep, in the dwarven district in SW. My Blacksmith was pleased.

While the dwarven district is sort of, kind of convenient, it's not as convenient as this:
    new+org+tauren+area.JPG
    Iirc that trade goods motherfucker is skipping on the stock though, quite a few inscrip things and tailor dyes are missing :E
    Heroth wrote: »
    Oats wrote: »
    There's also a troll banker/AH/guild bank, all of which can be reached at the same time. While on a flying mount. Which almost no one knows about.

Just went and found these, when did they get snuck in? they weren't there from the start.
    Pretty sure they were, and if not then at least from january and onwards.

Panda4You on
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Smaug6 wrote: »
    Hilarious Lost city of Tol Vir last night. One of the DPS is an Unholy Dk named Minijoker. He comes in with rez sickness, ok wierd. When we ask him about it, he says that he died from fatigue and couldn't rez. His gear is mostly level 318 greens and he has some of the crafted pvp gear. Hes dps and cheated the ilevel, but ok, maybe he can he just do ok dps and we will be fine. Getting ready to pull he activates frost prescence and doesn't summon his pet. So he is full unholy spec, dpsing in frost and not using his ghoul. He does 1.7k dps with the LFG buff. After some helpful hints he uses unholy prescence. Then after a few more wipes he gets his ghoul out. Eventually he dies so much from standing in shit he leaves group becuase he has no gold to repair. It was an incredible expierence.

This. This is awesome.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    As a druid in Grim'Batol, I'm my own CC. Root/Sleep and then either Tank/Heal. Go go.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    WTB Devout Heirlooms

Also they should make the heirloom sets have their EXP bonus as a set bonus at like 2 and 4 and add the pants in. With no individual armor piece actually having an exp bonus.

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I haven't asked for CC on my tank in any heroics in over a month. He isn't very geared, but the buff makes the dungeouns a joke now.

TOtT is an exception because Pugs do NOT know how to kick.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    They need to open up Cata to 78+. Those last two levels in Northrend are a pain in the ass.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Also they should make the heirloom sets have their EXP bonus as a set bonus at like 2 and 4 and add the pants in. With no individual armor piece actually having an exp bonus.
    No reason to do this at all. Wouldn't be able to mix sets for exaple.

Panda4You on
  • Options
    JohnnyToxxicJohnnyToxxic Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sammich wrote: »
    Tho i must admit ive had dps sometimes, and its always a shammy, hex something regardless of if the tank asks to or not, especially if he/she sees that the healer is having a hard time.

You're welcome. ;)

Seriously though I was doing this a lot the other night. Some guildies were running their daily heroic so I tagged along. Got Deamines and I was the hexing-est enhancement shaman you ever saw. And they weren't asking for it.

At the end the healer whispered thanks to me because he was having a rough time and that little bit prevented the tank from dropping a couple of times.

JohnnyToxxic on
    Friend Safari Code: 0189-8920-9235
  • Options
    ArkadyArkady Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Well to be honest, GB is the worst of the worst to heal in terms of a reg instance(havent healed any heroics, i rather dps). There are some pulls which are friggin nightmares and can cause a tank to drop in like 3 seconds flat. I hate healing in this expansion. Its not fun. I had a lot more fun in previous expansions. I rather the WOTLK style or BC style, except possibly make mana management matter.

CC has slowly disappeared unless the tank asks for it. Tho i must admit ive had dps sometimes, and its always a shammy, hex something regardless of if the tank asks to or not, especially if he/she sees that the healer is having a hard time. I assume thats the case because most of the times i see shammys as having a healing offspec or its their main spec and understand the crap healers go through.

Naw, it's because we got hex in wrath and sfter getting all excited about having a real CC and being less of a burden on groups, turned out we didn't need it then at all. But now, the tables have turned! As for general healing advice, I hate to say it but no role benefits from add-ons more than healing. While it's certainly workable as is with the default UI and good macroing, a properly configured grid will help you out immensely. Outside of that, just yell at people to use CC, and not stand in dumb shit. And if they refuse, well, I've not gotten deserter yet for leaving a dungeon when I'm dead.

And of course, read your relevant class' forum over on elitist jerks.

Arkady on
    untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Healers: Teaching DPS that fire is bad by letting them run back to their corpse since 2006.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    sassfactor4sassfactor4 Brooklyn, NYRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sometimes the tanks just dont give a fuck and go to town on pulls that are obnoxious, so my poor repenting healer mob gets smacked and comes to join the battle, which I am sure makes our healer adventurer :(x1000

sassfactor4 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Arkady wrote: »

Naw, it's because we got hex in wrath and sfter getting all excited about having a real CC and being less of a burden on groups, turned out we didn't need it then at all. But now, the tables have turned! As for general healing advice, I hate to say it but no role benefits from add-ons more than healing. While it's certainly workable as is with the default UI and good macroing, a properly configured grid will help you out immensely. Outside of that, just yell at people to use CC, and not stand in dumb shit. And if they refuse, well, I've not gotten deserter yet for leaving a dungeon when I'm dead.

And of course, read your relevant class' forum over on elitist jerks.

Eh ive always healed and i loved healing on my paly who was my main. I just cant get into it right now. Just dont feel it. I rather just dps and spot heal when its needed. Ive healed in a couple of raids but theres something about it now that just keeps me from wanting to care to heal. Part of it is that its a lot more stressfull than it ever used to be. I use healbot which is always up on my Paly/druid as well as my mage. I use it to cleanse/decurse all the time when im dps.

Sammich on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    Healers: Teaching DPS that fire is bad by letting them run back to their corpse since 2006.

I made mention to a GB group yesterday that the small pools the dragonkin drop mean bonus DPS for them, so go stand in it.

The Shadowpriest took this to meant that the large pools the drake boss drops also means bonus DPS! I told him 3 times those pools are bad. And 3 times he died on that fight.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Don't be afraid to ask for cc as a healer. You shouldn't be pulling your hair out just so the tank and dps can auto-pilot. If the tank refuses to mark for cc or at least wait for someone else to mark, don't be afraid to initiate a vote kick.

Don't get discouraged if you get kicked. You probably won't be, but some people are unable to adapt to the realities of the group they're with and will get pissy about having to work with other people instead of just plowing through everything and relying on the rest of the group to pick up the slack.

Don't get angry at people for not considering the load they're putting on you as a healer. Many of them have never played a healer and aren't even really aware of the healer unless he stops healing them (and sometimes not up till the point where they actually die). Communicate with your party members and try to be careful not to come off as sarcastic or combative when you ask for more cc or a moment to loot or drink.

tarnok on
    Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Or it's just one of those "We will recruit literally anyone and everyone" guilds that just has a billion fucking members.
    Pretty sure it's this. For leveling a guild at maximum speed, there's no reason not to just zerg recruit people. More bodies = more XP.

One of the primary reasons the guild leveling system is so disappointing.

forty on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It might also be that Hex persists through light damage, so a shaman can throw a random hex and have a decent chance of it sticking for more than two seconds, unless someone is just focus firing on it. Even the semi-competent mages, rogues, hunters, etc. probably just had so many CCs and re-CCs broken immediately that they've given up on it.

forty on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Tho i must admit ive had dps sometimes, and its always a shammy, hex something regardless of if the tank asks to or not, especially if he/she sees that the healer is having a hard time.

You're welcome. ;)

Seriously though I was doing this a lot the other night. Some guildies were running their daily heroic so I tagged along. Got Deamines and I was the hexing-est enhancement shaman you ever saw. And they weren't asking for it.

At the end the healer whispered thanks to me because he was having a rough time and that little bit prevented the tank from dropping a couple of times.

I've done this and had the tank purposefully break the Sheep, then bitch that "mage stop sheepin ur makin it slower"

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So, I'm thinking of leveling my 80 paladin now, get myself a nice tank for the new CTA. Problem is I hate the server he's on, and I kinda want to level him alliance. $55 is a bit steep.

MasterOfPupets on
    XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    forty wrote: »
    Or it's just one of those "We will recruit literally anyone and everyone" guilds that just has a billion fucking members.
    Pretty sure it's this. For leveling a guild at maximum speed, there's no reason not to just zerg recruit people. More bodies = more XP.

That and the guild rep reset. I understand the reasoning for it, but still...there needs to be a better way. I was about 3k from Exalted when the guild I was in basically fell apart...yep, it's still level 12, and there are only 4 top contributors for the week. So now I get punished for that, by having to start all over with a new guild.

Doctor Detroit on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It's trying to instill a sense of community*!

*We had no idea how to avoid people gaming the system.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    forty wrote: »

That and the guild rep reset. I understand the reasoning for it, but still...there needs to be a better way. I was about 3k from Exalted when the guild I was in basically fell apart...yep, it's still level 12, and there are only 4 top contributors for the week. So now I get punished for that, by having to start all over with a new guild.

At least next patch there is a rep tabard *shrug*

Wonder if the tabard is still limited by the weekly cap though. Probably unfortunately.

And yes, guild leveling system is retarded. Way to reward large guilds and screw over small guilds once again!

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    tarnok wrote: »
    Don't be afraid to ask for cc as a healer. You shouldn't be pulling your hair out just so the tank and dps can auto-pilot. If the tank refuses to mark for cc or at least wait for someone else to mark, don't be afraid to initiate a vote kick.

Don't get discouraged if you get kicked. You probably won't be, but some people are unable to adapt to the realities of the group they're with and will get pissy about having to work with other people instead of just plowing through everything and relying on the rest of the group to pick up the slack.

Don't get angry at people for not considering the load they're putting on you as a healer. Many of them have never played a healer and aren't even really aware of the healer unless he stops healing them (and sometimes not up till the point where they actually die). Communicate with your party members and try to be careful not to come off as sarcastic or combative when you ask for more cc or a moment to loot or drink.

I've found asking "to be a little more surgical" with pulls is a decent way of not offending shitty groups. That's after the second wipe, when I realize the problem is not me. After a third, I generally start in on CC and "maybe you could put your pet to defensive?". Usually it doesn't happen more than three times.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MasterOfPupetsMasterOfPupets Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It's trying to instill a sense of community*!

*We had no idea how to avoid people gaming the system.

All they need to do is increase guild rep given by things like raids, BGs, or heroics. Just don't make it take so damn long to level and it would be fine.

MasterOfPupets on
    XBL = MoP54
    PSN = PessimistMaximus
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    They did increase the rep from raids - waaaay too late (only about a month ago), but they did it. In general a raid tends to make us hit the daily cap at least (starting from our normal 5% or so :P)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I got honored and bought the heirlooms. That's all cared about.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Sooo im thinking of my next rep run.
    I have everything at exalted in the expansions so im back to vanilla and im looking at these 3:

Hydraxian Waterlords(Honoured)
    AQ dudes(Hated)
    Darkmoone Faire(Friendly)
    Ravenholdt(Neutral)
    Shen'dralar(Neutral)

Or PVP.. ugh..(Exalted with Storm Pike)

First 2, i have to run stuff over and over and over till im blue in the face.
    Darkmoone is a money sink, though it can make you more than i put in if im patient.

Whats a quick rep to hit exalted with? Im at 50 something exalted right now. So there are probably not any easy ones left. I need something to do to keep me busy other than me going insane with Arch. I dont particularly like PVP, but i have a tonnnne of achivements there that i can get, so i will be doing it slowly.. it think. I

Sammich on