Options

[WOW] [CHAT] thread. 4.2 on the PTR, time to chuck woodland animals.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sammich wrote: »
    Sooo im thinking of my next rep run.
    I have everything at exalted in the expansions so im back to vanilla and im looking at these 3:

Hydraxian Waterlords(Honoured)
    AQ dudes(Hated)
    Darkmoone Faire(Friendly)
    Ravenholdt(Neutral)
    Shen'dralar(Neutral)

Or PVP.. ugh..(Exalted with Storm Pike)

First 2, i have to run stuff over and over and over till im blue in the face.
    Darkmoone is a money sink, though it can make you more than i put in if im patient.

Whats a quick rep to hit exalted with? Im at 50 something exalted right now. So there are probably not any easy ones left. I need something to do to keep me busy other than me going insane with Arch. I dont particularly like PVP, but i have a tonnnne of achivements there that i can get, so i will be doing it slowly.. it think. I

Hydraxian is not that bad. I solo farmed it from like half-way through Revered. You can easily solo any of the MC bosses at 85 - though I suppose it might be tricky for some classes (occasionally had trouble w/ Golemagg and Rag since Golemagg has a stacking armor debuff and Rag just puts out ridiculous damage when he flings you). But you can sell all the junk that drops in there for profit (i.e. core leathers, etc).

Edit: As a Rogue a full MC clear took me about 30 mins. So not bad, though obviously you can only get so much rep per week. If you have a Guild Standard, throw it down before boss kills for extra rep :P Sadly it has a 10 minute cooldown (or at least, the medium-level one does)

AQ I don't know about - I finished that up in various groups at level 80. I don't think you can easily solo Prophet due to his weird splitting technique, but maybe. You used to be able to get some rep from the AQ Scepter quest chain but I think they removed all of those quests now. I think AQ20 also gives rep, that's probably more soloable. As I recall, the quests to build the tier pieces inside there gave a ton of rep though, so that's helpful. If you are hated though, yeah that is a grind :P

Darkmoon Faire I don't know, that one seems crazy expensive to me.

Ravenholdt you used to be able to get to Revered pretty easy by farming the guys outside Durnhold. They are gone now though. There are still guys in Arathi, they probably work. After that though, yeah... They nerfed the SHIT out of lockbox drop rates in Cata for no damn good reason. I was planning on getting them to exalted but like a full run through BRS got me maybe 2-3 lockboxes. That's crap.

Shen'dralar is impossible now IIRC.

PVP sucks ass. I wouldn't bother. Every time someone makes a topic in the official forums about nerfing those reps I support it, only to have elitist Battlemasters come in and bitch about how they won't be special snowflakes anymore OH NOES!!!!!!!1111

Edit: Handy tool:
    http://www.wowjuju.com/repcalc

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    ShawnaseeShawnasee Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I was a bit disappointed that the hackers didn't level any of my toons up.

Need to check the other servers....

Shawnasee on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    AQ20 was separate i think. It dropped tokens that you could turn in for class items but I dont think it was the same rep that is in AQ40. At least from what I remember.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    AQ20 was separate i think. It dropped tokens that you could turn in for class items but I dont think it was the same rep that is in AQ40. At least from what I remember.

AQ20 is Cenarian Circle rep I believe, but I think the bosses specifically gave some Brood of Nozdormu rep. It wasn't much (not as much as the CC rep), but it was something.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Cenarian Circle rep for AQ20 stuff.

So new annoyance: Guildies who will bitch about anything. "Oh hey, rank 24 doesn't reduce the JP/VP/Honor cost? Slap in the face!" Really guy, you're going to complain about that?

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    AQ20 (AQ10 now) gave CC rep with a touch of Brood from the bosses. If you plan on grinding Brood AQ40 farming's the only way to go. The first boss in there's got an MC if you go in with a pet or more than one person, so soloing him can actually be easier than duoing him based on your class. He also has an interrupt so if you're a caster without a lot of instants then you're screwed. Past him you can get through most of the other bosses pretty easily up until Princess Huhuran or whatever. Save up the rep items the bosses drop until the trash mobs stop giving rep.

Opty on
  • Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    On my enchance Shaman I can get up to Vemkiss or whatever. The giant bassilisk that has the MS debuff. I can clear all the other bosses up to him. Haven't tried the Slime boss though.

Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Re: the healing discussion.

Tell people, straight up, that you cannot and will not outheal stupidity. This will often earn you the respect of at least one person in the party, and most people are slow to kick a healer from their group.

Alternatively, run with guild groups if you hate pugging that much. The PA guilds are pretty great if you're having trouble finding one filled with dirty plebian outsiders.

Oats on
  • Options
    BillmaanBillmaan Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    In AQ40, you should be able to solo some subset of Skeram, Bug Trio, Sartura, Fankriss, and Huhuran, depending on class and gear level. Ouro is soloable if you can get to him (requires killing Twin Emperors). Twin Emps and C'thun have been soloed, but it requires some borderline exploitative behavior, and isn't something you'd want to deal with just for rep.

Billmaan on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    Cenarian Circle rep for AQ20 stuff.

So new annoyance: Guildies who will bitch about anything. "Oh hey, rank 24 doesn't reduce the JP/VP/Honor cost? Slap in the face!" Really guy, you're going to complain about that?
    "What?! I have to cut my free filet mignon myself?"

forty on
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Blizzard should have removed the leveling cap on guilds, or boosted/doubled the daily cap for this long gap between content. It allows guilds to level up which gives them a long time goal that is manageable while in wait for the new content.

Would have been a smart move.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The leveling rate of big guilds is fine, though. The only people who really get screwed badly by the daily cap are medium-sized guilds that, as a whole, play heavily on a few days and "overcap" easily, while not getting much on other days. As many have mentioned before, the guild XP really should have been a weekly cap rather than daily as well.

But the maximum leveling speed of a guild is in a pretty good spot. They just need to put in measures to help out smaller guilds and make more in-game activities contribute guild XP (non-rated PvP, gathering/professions maybe?).

forty on
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I think it should move along faster due the fact that a swarming population of people can't always stay in a specific guild for... whatever varied amount of possible reasons.

The investment into guilds now is far too much for the pace it is set at.

The daily cap should be increased by 30%
    Rep grinding might get faster with the new Tabbard, if it doesn't, then more rep.

I would accept the following new ways to gain rep.

You gain rep for saying your guilds name in 2.Trade.
    You gain rep for saying something funny in guild and the corresponding amount of "lols" you receive denote the value of rep you obtain.
    You log into 3 or more alts in the same guild, in under 30 minutes.

Just saying.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    You lose rep for saying something funny in guild and the corresponding amount of "lols" you receive denote the value of rep you lose.

Fixed. And I would so support such a system.

People who use "lol" like it's a fucking punctuation mark piss me off like you wouldn't believe.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    You lose rep for saying something funny in guild and the corresponding amount of "lols" you receive denote the value of rep you lose.

People who use "lol" like it's a fucking punctuation mark piss me off like you wouldn't believe.

I don't tend to say Lol in Wow but something I got from here
    My stomache convulsed resulting in the need to draw a sharp intake of breath. I subsequently tightned my throat resulting in an odd sound

Brainleech on
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So I was thinking of reactivating, I have a bunch of downtime for the next few months. I haven't played since WotLK came out. So I logged into Battle.net to check out my account and upgrade it, and it says my account has been banned :(

Dissociater on
  • Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

I know exactly what you mean, lol.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So I was thinking of reactivating, I have a bunch of downtime for the next few months. I haven't played since WotLK came out. So I logged into Battle.net to check out my account and upgrade it, and it says my account has been banned :(

Maybe you got haxxord? Call them up and see what's up!

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Maybe you got haxxord? Call them up and see what's up!

I think so, I sent in a support e-mail and someone had accessed my account without permission. I may call, if that sorts it out. Seems alternatively I'd have to fill out a form by hand and scan/fax it in along with ID. Which is really absurd. If I can call in I may do that, but I'm overseas now in the UK but my account was made in North America, so I'm not sure if that would work and I'm worried about the long distance.

Dissociater on
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The process isn't that painful, I've had to do the photo id thing before. Got it all resolved within 3 days.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Wow does a warrior tank trivialize nef and cho'gall much what the fuck.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    So Call to Arms for the LFD tool... pure DPS classes are going to get shit on I take it?

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    They're not going to get rewards for queuing, if that's what you mean. Aside from getting shorter queue times than they have now, which is the whole justification for this system.

Their reward is 10-20 minute queues instead of 45 minute queues.

I just love the implication that this scenario
    cta_ui_small.jpg

would ever happen.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    So that's MMO Champion trying desperately to get people to read their site then?

bowen on
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    forty wrote: »
    The leveling rate of big guilds is fine, though. The only people who really get screwed badly by the daily cap are medium-sized guilds that, as a whole, play heavily on a few days and "overcap" easily, while not getting much on other days. As many have mentioned before, the guild XP really should have been a weekly cap rather than daily as well.

This. We raid 2 1/2 nights a week so those days we cap instantly, the rest of the week there are lots of Arenas/casual BG's going on but they don't "count" atm. Plus the general apathy when we did out the math and realized we couldn't get server first 25 due to the rollback, and nobody has really needed VP for months. Doing a couple alt heroics is all well and good, but you still wont cap if you only have 4/5 guild in the group. Bleh, w/e, I want my lion.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    The process isn't that painful, I've had to do the photo id thing before. Got it all resolved within 3 days.

Just seems like a bit of a pain is all. Especially since I don't have easy access to neither a scanner nor a fax machine.

Dissociater on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    bowen wrote: »

Why do you say this?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Why do you say this?

Shockwave on cho'gall is loltastic.

Plus they have so many "OLOLOL" abilities that kiting the ads for them is child's play. When I kite them I'm always white knuckling it from the ohshit point right before they die because I literally have no way to deal with them without risking them getting hit with the meteor shit.

bowen on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    What...what are you shockwaving? The blob adds or the eyeball adds?

Cuz on the blob adds, it's totally worthless. On the eyeball adds, it can work if you get them grouped up.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Shockwave isn't really that overpowered if you have any of the classes with knockbacks or ground-based slows. Now kiting the adds for Nef I'll grant you that though.

Opty on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Same concept applies to the slimes on Maloriak. We have a Paladin and Warrior tank in our 10-man, and the former just gets eaten alive. The Warrior, though? lolol shockwave. Oh, they caught up to me? I'll Heroic Leap away. Get in a corner again? Intervene to an ally, or charge/intercept to the boss to get them off quick.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

Cuz on the blob adds, it's totally worthless. On the eyeball adds, it can work if you get them grouped up.

The Worshippers I imagine.

shryke on
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    shryke wrote: »

The Worshippers I imagine.

Yup Shockwaving the Worship is the quickest easiest way to do it. No negatives behind it just some dmg. As for kiting the adds on neffy I love being a warrior doing that. I just accidentially hit shockwave every now and then :). Shockwave is nice for an "oshit i need to get the fuck away from the adds" at the end of the fight if needed (fire problems, breathed on etc).

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Glyph of Psychic Scream > Shockwave.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011

Worshipers. Wait are you talking Hard mode?

bowen on
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    While that might not happen, I could concieve of what they posted below that, that both tanks and healers are needed to up the flow of dps...

I don't see DPS getting a CTA, though.

belligerent on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    That would be ridiculous to keep a pure dps class from getting a goodie bag.

IMO the bag should just drop on all the valor point qualifying dungeons of the day/week.

bowen on
  • Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    But... that would do nothing at all to accomplish their goal, which is to increase the ratio of Tanks: DPS. It would encourage tanks and DPS equally.

cncaudata on
    PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2011
    So Call to Arms for the LFD tool... pure DPS classes are going to get shit on I take it?
    The bag is BoA, so you could just mail it to your dps main.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    That would be ridiculous to keep a pure dps class from getting a goodie bag.

IMO the bag should just drop on all the valor point qualifying dungeons of the day/week.

I think you have a conceptual misunderstanding of what CTA is for.

What you seem to be asking for is an extra reward for everyone for using the dungeon finder. If everyone needs more incentive to run dungeons, that's a completely separate problem. CTA is specifically designed to reduce queue times for DPS, by incentivizing the bottleneck role(s) to enter the system.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy