As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Capcom's [Dragon's Dogma] - POST IN NEW THREAD

• Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Yeah don't watch that one unless you want to see nearly EVERY big monster in the game. I watched about 30 seconds and saw more than I probably wanted to see before playing this.

• Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Demo is so close. Can't wait to wake up tomorrow and play.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular

remember it won't be available at 000 Tuesday, it will be available whenever psn/xbl update their stores, which is usually some time in the afternoon
    after i leave for work, so i get every demo a day later

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Awwwww yeah, leave my xbox on and add it to my queue while at work, should be done when I get home.

Also spooky, is that hawkeye comic in your av/sig out yet?

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I wish we knew more of each classes, skills. Torn between Assassin and a dagger-using Magic Archer.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I wish we knew more of each classes, skills. Torn between Assassin and a dagger-using Magic Archer.

I sorta want to go in blind but I may get a guide just so I can plan my skillset out.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    RaziaRazia Sword and Shield Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    There's no contest. Warrior. Big guy, bigger sword.

Hell yeah. Greatsword represent.

blondeshep.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2012

remember it won't be available at 000 Tuesday, it will be available whenever psn/xbl update their stores, which is usually some time in the afternoon
    after i leave for work, so i get every demo a day later

I thought it was something like 3am East Coast time.

Awwwww yeah, leave my xbox on and add it to my queue while at work, should be done when I get home.

Also spooky, is that hawkeye comic in your av/sig out yet?

It will be in August :D

spookymuffin on
  • Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    There's no contest. Warrior. Big guy, bigger sword.

I'm gonna make a Strider.... and name him Hiryu.

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options
    EVOLEVOL Registered User regular
    you guys YOU GUYS

I'm downloading the demo as we speak(jpn) I'M DOWNLOADING IT AS WE SPEAK

• Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    EVOL wrote: »
    you guys YOU GUYS

I'm downloading the demo as we speak(jpn) I'M DOWNLOADING IT AS WE SPEAK

How!?

Ah dammit, Japan servers right?

Turkey on
  • Options
    EVOLEVOL Registered User regular
    Yeah. I probably should have made that more clear, sorry about that.

It looks like the servers are getting hammered. Nearly an hour since I started downloading and still 20 minutes left for a 1.7gb download.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I cleared out HD space for this yesterday.

I can. not. wait. Gonna play in character creator forever.

I normally try to make "myself" in every game, and always am sad when I see friends with vivid imaginations make awesome things. When playing an RPG I want to be the main guy, so I can't detach myself and make a random goofball.

Pawns, on the other hand. Get ready for goofiness.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    that MSX-box world video player is the worst video player ever anywhere ever. It won't pause, you can't adjust the volume... argh.

But the video was cool.

Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    Just finished it. Really solid controls. Fun fights. Definitely going to drop a lot of time into this one. I wanted more, but it's a demo, and free, so I'll take what I can get.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    So Japan is getting chrome 360 controllers that come with DLC quests for this.

So I guess there's going to be DLC quests for this.

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    So I guess there's going to be DLC quests for this.

A serious contender for 'Least Surprising Revelation 2012.'

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Demo's today, woo!

Damn, I shoulda faked like I was sick today instead of yesterday...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    Yeah we already knew about the DLC as it was mentioned in line with a competition a while back. All that was mentioned was some 100 quests or so for around $7.

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    Man I wish I had internet at home right now, stupid lazy housemate still hasn't transferred the service he is paying for to our new place.

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Not up on PS3 yet.

I figure it's gonna take forever to get this one just because everyone wants it and I bet it's, like, 3 gig or something.

Here comes the part where we find out the demo is somehow only 500 megs.

• Options
    John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    Hot damn I enjoyed this.

The countryside mission in particular was great when I got used to the controls.

Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • Options
    Cannon GooseCannon Goose I need some GAGS! If only I had my gag book!Registered User regular
    Demo was a disappointment. You don't get to make any equipment choices, there's only about 5-10 minutes of gameplay, and the Prologue Quest doesn't make use of the created character (though the Countryside Quest does).

That's how it is in the final game. That's part of the game's tutorial.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Hey everyone let's complain about the free demo.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »

Yeah, most important thing to me is to see the controls and get started on making a character. I really want to see how fudging around with a characters size changes things.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    If they put it out there, it's free to criticize.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I hope PSN updates before 1330 est dst

• Options
    Aegeri wrote: »
    Renzo wrote: »
    Yeah, most important thing to me is to see the controls and get started on making a character. I really want to see how fudging around with a characters size changes things.
    Stat-wise, it doesn't tell you. At least, if it does, it's not obvious. It gives height and weight in unitless measurements.

It became pretty obvious to me after a little bit of fiddling around with melee. I've been playing with the demo and you have definite changes in your reach and damage if you are bigger than smaller. It's hard to really know what is going on under the hood though.

In any event this game is great. 2012 is the year of the Action RPG. While the demo didn't really let me do everything that I wanted, it gave me the most important information: That the controls are superb. The climbing, stabbing, rolling and other mechanics work exactly as they should do. This pleases me *so* much.

• Options
    Yeah the striders dodge is what I'm talking about. Warriors appear to just man up and put their shield in front of everything. I had no problem grabbing onto monsters: You have to sneak up on them because they predictably don't like you doing it if they see you coming (which makes perfect sense). Being able to cut all the parts of the chimera seperately and the damage difference between stabbing the griffin in the head (compared to his ass) was impressive.

Also if you hang around near the griffins wings it cannot fly properly and so you shouldn't die from falling to your death easily. There are so many small very impressive things they've done about this game that really impresses me.

All with a control scheme that took me all of 5 minutes to get comfortable with. I am impressed.

• Options
    Leaping at the head of the griffon, grabbing on for dear life, stabbing it multiple times, being whisked into the air as it tries to shake you off, having your mage unleash flames upon it causing the griffon to crash into the ground while you are still holding onto it and then finishing it off while it struggles on the ground is one of the reasons why I have done the countryside mission about 10 times so far.

I am sold.

Well and truly sold.

• Options
    Leaping at the head of the griffon, grabbing on for dear life, stabbing it multiple times, being whisked into the air as it tries to shake you off, having your mage unleash flames upon it causing the griffon to crash into the ground while you are still holding onto it and then finishing it off while it struggles on the ground is one of the reasons why I have done the countryside mission about 10 times so far.

I am sold.

Well and truly sold.

Is it weird that I have a boner?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    I only had time to play the Prelude before having to go out, but I am SO GLAD that the game controls the way it does. Monster Hunter has a stiffness to it that I didn't care for, and while I love Dark Souls I didn't want Capcom to ape it.

• Options
    It helped me decide what I am going to do with my first character and pawn. Both are going to be rogue types with what I hope is relatively low body weight so they are suitably agile. Magic looks awesome and all but that can wait for another playthrough and tank plate users are my usual go to in most games of this ilk, Skyrim, Dark Souls, even WoW so I am wanting to break out of my mold a little.

But climbing on stuff is just too much fun, and I would imagine lighter types would have an easier time of doing so.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Played the demo was really nice. I love the combat.

Only problem I have is with the faces. Women are good enough but kind of hard for me to make a black dude who looks black and not half-asian.

Probably play around with it a bit more later.

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Oh man, taking the griffon out of the sky with a well placed skyward volley as he dive charges you and watching him crash to the ground in flames was awesome.

The sword and board stuff felt really good too though and the banging on the shield taunt is great. Definitely gonna have to play around with all the classes in the main game before I settle for something.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    That being said I think my main party will be like.

Me - Warrior/Mage
    Main Pawn - Mage
    Pawn #2 - Rouge
    Pawn #3 - Heavy warrior (Probably give him hammers and stuff)

• Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Played the demo was really nice. I love the combat.

Only problem I have is with the faces. Women are good enough but kind of hard for me to make a black dude who looks black and not half-asian.

Probably play around with it a bit more later.

Ser Tiger of Woods.

Steward to the throne of Nike.

• Options
    LepLep Registered User regular
    Oh man my pawn launched me up onto the griffon!

• Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    There is WAYYYY too much info going on-screen. The pawns are all speaking at the same time, I can't even make sense of any of it.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    There has to be a way to turn the pawn subtitles off in the full game, right?

This discussion has been closed.