As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Minecraft] Beta testers at war

• Options
    pawa24pawa24 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So i just picked up minecraft and this nations at war thing sounds awesome. How do I join in?

Also can I maybe get an invite to the columbia server?

pawa24 on
  • Options
    TKaneTKane Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    pawa24 wrote: »
    So i just picked up minecraft and this nations at war thing sounds awesome. How do I join in?

I think the N@W server is already full up of players.

TKane on
    Clicky -> What I'm listening to <- Clicky
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Its cool.

PS.
    TKane your location is pretty awesome.

pawa24 on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I've never heard that it can fill up? Or heard that it has filled up?

It's not even going on right now. How would you know if it's full?

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Its cool.

PS.
    TKane your location is pretty awesome.

Danke. I blatantly stole it from SNL. Except for the stealing Wi-Fi from a Church. I actually do that!

TKane on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LaservalLaserval Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Grain wrote: »
    Talith wrote: »
    anoffday wrote: »
    Talith wrote: »
    Is the Diannaochong server down? D:
    Talith, you should check out the SE+ server. Ask to be whitelisted in the thread.

I just wanted to add the finishing touches to my home and tree. :(

I kind of want a copy of the server now, in case it ever goes down permanently I can always run through it in single player.

That is also my biggest concern with multiplayer. My friends and I have been discussing renting a minecraft server, but I don't want to put all of this time and effort into something and then when our subscription ends we've lost it all.

None of you can host? Or do you want something you can log into whenever? I run a server on my laptop for when me and my friends want to do some Minecrafting. Just start it up when it's time to play, shut down and backup when done. I play on my desktop though, so I guess it could be problematic if you don't have two computers or a stable connection.

Laserval on
  • Options
    OcculusOcculus Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    TKane wrote: »

I think the N@W server is already full up of players.

Any chance another game could get started? I'm with TKane; N@W sounds pretty cool.

Occulus on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    N@W is between seasons right now.

Apps are open.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Apps are open.

And by this Styrofoam means. Apps are currently closed until closer to the next season beginning. Which will happen as soon as the plugin is done being developed. On a side note any java/plugin developers can help us out here.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    DeShadowC wrote: »

Apps are open.

And by this Styrofoam means. Apps are currently closed until closer to the next season beginning. Which will happen as soon as the plugin is done being developed. On a side note any java/plugin developers can help us out here.

Yeah, stuff like this is confusing. Is why my policy on N@W is: They have all the players they need and don't want anymore.

Also, concerning the N@W texture pack: is there a significance to the destroyed/debris field moon, or was that chosen just because it looks cool?

TKane on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Apps are open.

Yeah, stuff like this is confusing. Is why my policy on N@W is: They have all the players they need and don't want anymore.

Also, concerning the N@W texture pack: is there a significance to the destroyed/debris field moon, or was that chosen just because it looks cool?

Except it isn't true. N@W isn't running. We would love more players but its pointless to app them when it isn't running. In reference to the moon there are a few plans for it.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    We've loaded the tempmap back onto the server and placed Columbia onto it. So people can work on their buildings for the new map and also work on Columbia.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    overnightfutureovernightfuture Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    We've loaded the tempmap back onto the server and placed Columbia onto it. So people can work on their buildings for the new map and also work on Columbia.

is any of the old warps on it?

overnightfuture on
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Are any of the old warps on it?

Yes.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Getting so close to finishing my Companion Cube. I ended up building all the framework so at least it looks like a cube now :D I just need to fill in all the corner sections and three more of the circles with hearts in them (I'd probably have filled them in already but I like the hearts actually showing on the world map :D Stupid Dynmap and its no wool colors!)

Given an estimate of about 1 stack of light gray wool per "component" (this seems to be about what the others took), and given I need to fill in 12 more corners and 3 more circles.... I don't want to think about trying to gather 15 stacks of wool (960!!) /cry Granted, that is a rough estimate (it's probably slightly less), but still...

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    What world mapper are people using these days? Cartograph doesn't look like it is being updated anymore.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Was reading on the new N@W forums about the format they are thinking of trying and it actually sounds pretty awesome. I didnt particularly like the part about being forced into a nation out of nowhere but it was something I was willing to except for the sheer awesomeness involved. Being able to join with people i actually wanna group up with and kick ass sounds a lot more awesome to me.

pawa24 on
  • Options
    D34THROWD34THROW Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I hate creepers. Every fucking time I'm at my grassy torch area at night, killing livestock for their supplies, I get creeper-bombed from behind. And then I have to come back and patch the hole since I play on hard and die to a single creepersplosion half the time.

Is there a mod out there that makes creepers nondestructive, or at least allows for customization of the explosion radius? Google turned up nothing, and the MC forum search is down.

D34THROW on
    Minecraft Nickname - D34THROW

Current Server - None.
    Current Project - Surviving in SSP.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    D34THROW wrote: »
    I hate creepers. Every fucking time I'm at my grassy torch area at night, killing livestock for their supplies, I get creeper-bombed from behind. And then I have to come back and patch the hole since I play on hard and die to a single creepersplosion half the time.

Is there a mod out there that makes creepers nondestructive, or at least allows for customization of the explosion radius? Google turned up nothing, and the MC forum search is down.

Probably? Or just don't play on Hard :)

Also, I believe if a Creeper explodes while in water it won't cause any damage to the terrain.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

I think i found your problem. If hard is too hard then don't play on hard.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Normal is too easy.

What really bugs me isn't the dying. I can pick my shit back up.

It's trekking to the desert I spawn in and getting the sand and dirt back. -_- Hence why I want a mod to make the creepers nondestructive.

D34THROW on

Current Server - None.
  • Options
    JollusJollus Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Well, beds fix one of those issues...

Jollus on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Beds still bug out for me sometimes, not resetting the spawn and whatnot.

D34THROW on

Current Server - None.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    You can also wall off your kill-area if you're worried about creepers :P

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    ...now there's an idea I hadn't considered...but I just used up all my cobble in preliminary walls for the city of Deathrovia >.<

*goes to pit-mine the shit out of the area*

D34THROW on

Current Server - None.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    It's something I was considering since I need a metric ton of wool and thus far it has been a little annoying to harvest it (passive mobs spawning on the edges of my torch areas and whatnot). Creepers can really be annoying - especially in SMP where lag can really fuck you over. Had one blow off the back of my shed the other night :( (amazingly only the wall - all the furnaces, chests and crafting benches against it were fine)

In any case, make sure you make the area large enough since mobs (including passives) won't spawn next to you. And if you don't want to make a ceiling, make sure you light up the rims ;)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    make the creepers nondestructive.

There's one built right into Minecraft that does exactly that.

It's called Peaceful Difficulty Setting.

TKane on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    YAY! ALL DECKS HAVE BEEN IMPORTED!!!

file.php?id=360

file.php?id=359

file.php?id=358

I will have a new video going up soon.

halkun on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    halkun wrote: »
    file.php?id=360

file.php?id=359

file.php?id=358

Wow. That's crazy. If you were to legit build this thing, how long do you think it'd take?

TKane on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    file.php?id=360

file.php?id=359

file.php?id=358

where can i buy one?

overnightfuture on
  • Options
    halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Wow. That's crazy. If you were to legit build this thing, how long do you think it'd take?

Ummm. 6 months? I don't quite understand the question. This was a "legit" build. I did the framework, Five "lieutenants" delegated building duties, and a crew about about 120 people worked on it for about a half of year. It's not done yet. We still have to wall up the last three decks and then fix all the nooks, crannies, and holes in the ship. Then... Well... I don't know.

Are you saying if I built this in survival? You can't. It's too big, it exceeds survival's height by 50 meters

Or are you talking about that we used computers to plan it out, because that's really all we did, we used computer to clean up and import deck frames and then another guy actually draw the curves for the skin of the ship. The walls and rooms are put down by people, room-by-room.

This is not a model import. This started out as plans on sheets of paper.

halkun on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    ...now there's an idea I hadn't considered...but I just used up all my cobble in preliminary walls for the city of Deathrovia >.<

Blanket the earth with torches for as far as the eye can see. Don't forget to put torches on top of trees too (fucking creepers jumping down on you from above, goddamnsonofabitch) and perhaps place some sand around your perimeter and plant cactus. I find a cactus wall about three layers deep is enough to keep most beasties away.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Are you saying if I built this in survival? You can't. It's too big, it exceeds survival's height by 50 meters

Yeah, this is what I meant. Even from Bedrock it's still too tall?

TKane on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Yeah, this is what I meant. Even from Bedrock it's still too tall?

its over survival's height by 50 meters so i would say that its from bedrock

overnightfuture on
  • Options
    Pablo the PenguinPablo the Penguin Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    By "Legit" build, I thought you meant actually build the enterprise in real life.
    Now I feel sad because I know that this would never happen in my lifetime... nice going you jerk ;_;

Pablo the Penguin on
  • Options
    Ultros64Ultros64 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Anyone have any mod recommendations to combo with Millenaire? I've been trying to install Industrial Craft with it, but until he the author gets the version updated, IC is out.

Millenaire though... it's pure gold. Everyone must try it.

Immediately.

GO DOWNLOAD IT NOW YOU FOOLS

Ultros64 on
    It doesn't matter what I say, as long as I sing with inflection
  • Options
    SquigieSquigie Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    kdrudy wrote: »
    What world mapper are people using these days? Cartograph doesn't look like it is being updated anymore.

Cartograph G works pretty well. It's an updated version by a diferent author. You should find the basic features very familiar.

Minemapper is good for dynamically exploring.

Minecraft Wiki has a nice page on the subject.
    Darmak wrote: »

Blanket the earth with torches for as far as the eye can see. Don't forget to put torches on top of trees too (fucking creepers jumping down on you from above, goddamnsonofabitch) and perhaps place some sand around your perimeter and plant cactus. I find a cactus wall about three layers deep is enough to keep most beasties away.

CJB Mods Mob Filter can selectively prevent mobs from spawning. Other than that your best option is to build that wall.

Remember kids, monsters won't spawn on glass, half blocks, water or lava. They will spawn on leaves! Light up those trees! The life you save may be your own.

Squigie on
    Warning: the preceding post may be more sarcastic than it appears. Proceed at own risk. Individual results may vary. Offers not valid in Canada or where prohibited by fraud statutes.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Squigie wrote: »
    Remember kids, monsters won't spawn on glass, half blocks, water or lava. They will spawn on leaves! Light up those trees! The life you save may be your own.

THIS! QUOTED FOR MCF***ING TRUTH!

I hate logging into a server, walking into the designated "Newbie Town" and just seeing trees EVERYWHERE. UNLIT! And invariably, there's some guy running around slamming down saplings like heron needles.

TKane on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jammujammu 2020 is now. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

I hate logging into a server, walking into the designated "Newbie Town" and just seeing trees EVERYWHERE. UNLIT! And invariably, there's some guy running around slamming down saplings like heron needles.

It's called tough love.

jammu on
    Ww8FAMg.jpg
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    jammu wrote: »

It's called tough love.

Those bird needles are dangerous.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.