As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PATV] Kris and Scott's Scott and Kris Show

• Options
    DaltonCarlDaltonCarl Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Really cant wait for some more shows, the pilot was one of the most funny things i've watched in a long time! support'em people!

DaltonCarl on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    This is pretty much the best thing that will ever happen on the internet.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I was hoping for more Blams.

But, this is way way better.

Xehalus on
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    More Blams are on their way as well!

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    HalibutHalibut Passion Fish Swimming in obscurity.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Fucking awesome. Donated.

Halibut on
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    AHHAHAHAAHAH

OHOH HOLY FUCK

that flame in the meeting with robert

oh fuck im crying over here

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    What's that track called that plays during the credits and earlier in the episode?

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The music makes me think of Curb Your Enthusiasm

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    FandeathisFandeathis Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I like how we've already helped back $20,000 of it.

Fandeathis on
    You fuck wit' Die Antwoord, you fuck wit' da army.
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Kickstarter has nothing to do gamer culture

It is a place for people with artistic (or otherwise) endeavors to find supporters willing to help fund projects in return for very real, tangible rewards.

It is awesome

Vann Diras on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    So the only way to pay for this is to use Amazon Payments, which requires a US address to work at all. I don't live in the US, which is sad in itself, but also means I can't pay money for this.

Which is also sad.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    TenTen Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I think you just need an Amazon.com account, I'm not in the US and it worked fine for me. If you can buy from Amazon.com I'm pretty sure you should be able to pledge for this.

Ten on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Ten wrote: »
    I think you just need an Amazon.com account, I'm not in the US and it worked fine for me. If you can buy from Amazon.com I'm pretty sure you should be able to pledge for this.

Really? I went through it and it wouldn't let me select my country on signup, defaulting to US only.

EDIT: Like so:
    5HBG.jpeg

Willeth on
  • Options
    Scott KurtzScott Kurtz Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    What is UPPP? Holy shit this thing is on fire. What a response. you guys are the best. But we knew that already. One thing tho--

This is not something we're doing INSTEAD of Blams. Blams are still coming. The Season One DVD is in production now (masters have been burned) and season 2 is in production. So don't think that backing this means choosing this over blams. YOU GET BOTH!

P.S. I also think Kris is the funniest thing on the web.

Scott Kurtz on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    When is the next karaoke night?

That's all I want to know.

Tonkka on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    im donating just for the moment a 9:50 in that video.

that fireball right there is worth at least $50.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2011
    Hey Scott, you should do another karaoke thing. Karaoke is always good times.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    God I love karaoke.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I know, you were there too. A-doy

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    YOU GET BOTH!

YES

ps: donated :D

skettios on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Next time I shall not dilly-dally.

Tonkka on
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Also, this pilot definitely reminded me of all those awesome SNL sketches where cast members would go into Lorne Michaels' office and ask for permission to do stuff.

Xehalus on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Druhim wrote: »
    First of all, I never claimed that Kickstarter pitches it as an investment.

To clarify a little more, this resonates with something I read recently on "gamer culture". It coalesced thoughts I'd had before about how it tends to be very obsessive about what it loves (what entertains if you will) and not caring nearly as much about what falls outside those narrow interests. Of course, I'm speaking about a trend. I don't doubt that there are gamers that are involved in society in other ways, but there is in my opinion a trend to become obsessively devoted to something one finds entertaining and justifying investing time and/or money into keeping a beloved cartoon on the air.

Public radio (in my opinion of course) provides a much broader and more meaningful service to the public than a comedy web series. This isn't a slam on how funny Scott and Kris are, I love the dudes. I just find it interesting how gamer culture will rally around something relatively trivial like this.

That's the last I'll say on it so feel free to spin what I've said to make it easier to attack it.

'Gamer culture' is not the only culture to behave like that, though. Ever been to a railway modellers convention? Now there's an obsession that causes tunnel vision...

A++ post.

Really I would want more information about this before I would say I was/for against it.

Do you actually get like a DVD or whatever at the end? (I am too lazy to click links)

The other thing is that is there going to be advertising for this? Because that's going to give them a massive profit margin. I mean Mike and Jerry took the hit to produce Patv and made the money back. To be fair M&J have a far higher revenue stream than these guys. But still why not take a loan or something? For a business this is not a huge loan.

Blake T on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Fuck.

Yes.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    TenTen Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Willeth wrote: »

Really? I went through it and it wouldn't let me select my country on signup, defaulting to US only.

5HBG.jpeg

Try creating an Amazon.com account first, then signing in with that when you try to pledge. I have never signed up for Amazon Payments before and it worked fine for me.

Ten on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Blake T wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    First of all, I never claimed that Kickstarter pitches it as an investment.

To clarify a little more, this resonates with something I read recently on "gamer culture". It coalesced thoughts I'd had before about how it tends to be very obsessive about what it loves (what entertains if you will) and not caring nearly as much about what falls outside those narrow interests. Of course, I'm speaking about a trend. I don't doubt that there are gamers that are involved in society in other ways, but there is in my opinion a trend to become obsessively devoted to something one finds entertaining and justifying investing time and/or money into keeping a beloved cartoon on the air.

Public radio (in my opinion of course) provides a much broader and more meaningful service to the public than a comedy web series. This isn't a slam on how funny Scott and Kris are, I love the dudes. I just find it interesting how gamer culture will rally around something relatively trivial like this.

That's the last I'll say on it so feel free to spin what I've said to make it easier to attack it.

'Gamer culture' is not the only culture to behave like that, though. Ever been to a railway modellers convention? Now there's an obsession that causes tunnel vision...

A++ post.

Really I would want more information about this before I would say I was/for against it.

Do you actually get like a DVD or whatever at the end? (I am too lazy to click links)

The other thing is that is there going to be advertising for this? Because that's going to give them a massive profit margin. I mean Mike and Jerry took the hit to produce Patv and made the money back. To be fair M&J have a far higher revenue stream than these guys. But still why not take a loan or something? For a business this is not a huge loan.

$25
    A signed copy of The Scott and Kris Show DVD, featuring all 10 episodes plus bonus content such as deleted scenes, gag reels, and commentaries from the production team and Kris & Scott.

$35
    A signed copy of the DVD, plus a digital music soundtrack download of all the music used in the webseries.

$50
    Exclusive behind-the-scenes blog access featuring insight from Kris and Scott about the filming and process of creating a webseries, as well as Flip cam footage of the shoots. Also includes a signed copy of the DVD and the digital music soundtrack download.

CLICK ON THE DAMN LINKS IF YOU WANNA KNOW MORE

YOU CHILD

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    The Geek wrote: »

Sounds like an episode to me.

Tonkka on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Tonkka wrote: »
    He has also started F-Chords again.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat :o

Usagi on
  • Options
    DeliciousTacosDeliciousTacos Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Considering that, with shipping, I paid a lot more than $25 to get the PATV season 1 DVD, 25 bucks for this DVD is an obvious steal.

And since it seems like most people are pledging 25 bucks, this basically boils down to the company just making sure they have some guaranteed DVD sales before putting the thing together

DeliciousTacos on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Tonkka wrote: »
    The Geek wrote: »

Sounds like an episode to me.

That's a marvelous idea.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    SpikeSpiegelSpikeSpiegel Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    This is a really awesome idea. Scott is my favorite guy on the PA team. Looking forward to seeing more episodes!

SpikeSpiegel on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Willeth wrote: »

5HBG.jpeg

Try creating an Amazon.com account first, then signing in with that when you try to pledge. I have never signed up for Amazon Payments before and it worked fine for me.

I already have an Amazon.com account, though. I logged in with it. Payments seems to be a separate thing.

Sigh, I'll look at it in the morning.

Willeth on
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Mr. G wrote: »
    The music makes me think of Curb Your Enthusiasm

I thought this too!

the episode in general gave me kind of a curb/clark and michael vibe (both of which i love)

exist on
    UmPiq.png
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Nogs wrote: »
    im donating just for the moment a 9:50 in that video.

that fireball right there is worth at least $50.

that was one of the few things on the internet that made me lol irl hysterically for a few minutes

good show

Oghulk on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    A++ post.

$25
    A signed copy of The Scott and Kris Show DVD, featuring all 10 episodes plus bonus content such as deleted scenes, gag reels, and commentaries from the production team and Kris & Scott.

$35
    A signed copy of the DVD, plus a digital music soundtrack download of all the music used in the webseries.

$50
    Exclusive behind-the-scenes blog access featuring insight from Kris and Scott about the filming and process of creating a webseries, as well as Flip cam footage of the shoots. Also includes a signed copy of the DVD and the digital music soundtrack download.

YOU CHILD

Or click on this spoiler for a quick rundown.
    $5-24
    • Unyielding gratitude

$25-34
    • Unyielding gratitude
    • Signed DVD

$35-49
    • Unyielding gratitude
    • Signed DVD
    • Digital music soundtrack download

$50-99
    • Unyielding gratitude
    • Signed DVD
    • Behind-the-scenes blog

$100-249
    • Unyielding gratitude
    • Signed DVD
    • Behind-the-scenes blog
    • Signed book from Scott and Kris' catalogs each

$250-499 - (only 14 remaining)
    • Unyielding gratitude
    • Signed DVD
    • Behind-the-scenes blog
    • Original art drawn by Scott and Kris
    • Special thanks in the credits

$500-999 - (only 16 remaining)
    • Unyielding gratitude
    • Signed DVD
    • Behind-the-scenes blog
    • Personal video thank you from Kris and Scott

$1000-2499 - (only 6 remaining)
    • Unyielding gratitude
    • Signed DVD
    • Behind-the-scenes blog
    • Producer credit, name and/or picture referenced and shown

$2500-4999 - (only 4 available)
    • Unyielding gratitude
    • Signed DVD
    • Behind-the-scenes blog
    • Executive Producer credit, name and/or picture referenced and shown
    • Exclusive appearance in a strip (PvP, Starslip, chainsawsuit, or F Chords)

$5000-9999 - (only 2 available)
    • Unyielding gratitude
    • Signed DVD
    • Behind-the-scenes blog
    • Dinner with Kris & Scott in Seattle or nearby area

$10000+ - (only 1 available)
    • Unyielding gratitude
    • Signed DVD
    • Behind-the-scenes blog
    • Dinner with Kris & Scott anywhere within the US

SabreMau on
  • Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    You could have worse things on your resume than

2011 - Executive Producer: Kris and Scott's Scott and Kris Show.

Of course, if you have $2500 to throw at it, your resume is probably ok. Interesting schwag, at any rate.

The acupuncture scene was phenomenal.

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    SabreMau wrote: »
    A++ post.

$25

$35

$50

YOU CHILD

Or click on this spoiler for a quick rundown.
    $5-24
    • Unyielding gratitude

$25-34
    • Unyielding gratitude
    • Signed DVD

$35-49
    • Unyielding gratitude
    • Signed DVD

$50-99
    • Unyielding gratitude
    • Signed DVD
    • Behind-the-scenes blog

$100-249
    • Unyielding gratitude
    • Signed DVD
    • Behind-the-scenes blog

$250-499 - (only 14 remaining)
    • Unyielding gratitude
    • Signed DVD
    • Behind-the-scenes blog

$500-999 - (only 16 remaining)
    • Unyielding gratitude
    • Signed DVD
    • Behind-the-scenes blog

$1000-2499 - (only 6 remaining)
    • Unyielding gratitude
    • Signed DVD
    • Behind-the-scenes blog
    • Producer credit, name and/or picture referenced and shown

$2500-4999 - (only 4 available)
    • Unyielding gratitude
    • Signed DVD
    • Behind-the-scenes blog

$5000-9999 - (only 2 available)
    • Unyielding gratitude
    • Signed DVD
    • Behind-the-scenes blog
    • Dinner with Kris & Scott in Seattle or nearby area

$10000+ - (only 1 available)
    • Unyielding gratitude
    • Signed DVD
    • Behind-the-scenes blog
    • Dinner with Kris & Scott anywhere within the US

DAMNIT SABREMAU

how the hell is he suppose to learn?

damn kids need to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA3-InoYsWQ

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    By squishing it down to marginal costs of the tangible benefits:

first $25 - Signed DVD
    next $10 - Add digital soundtrack
    next $15 - Add behind-the-scenes blog access
    next $50 - Add two books (one from Scott, one from Kris)
    next $150 - Add original art and mention in DVD credits
    next $250 - Add personal video thanks
    next $500 - Mention in credits upgraded to producer credit, with name and/or picture
    next $1500 - Producer credit upgraded to Executive Producer, add appearance in comic strip
    next $2500 - Add dinner with them in Seattle area
    next $5000 - Upgrade dinner with them to be anywhere in the country

See, I could afford those first three lines. I just don't know if I can afford them until about a week from Friday when I get paid next. But the pace they're going, I don't know if they'll be around that long, or if they'll cap at $50K and go, "We did it! Donations closed."

SabreMau on
  • Options
    Mr. PutterMr. Putter Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    el_vicio wrote: »
    What's that track called that plays during the credits and earlier in the episode?
    Tico-Tico no Fubá

Mr. Putter on
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I hope the show has regular Khoomeos.

Gear Girl on
This discussion has been closed.