As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

E3 Keynotes 2011 - Talking shop for shoppers at ship - Nintendo June 7 @ 9am PST

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    I hope they announce Rock Revolution 2!

I'm a little surprised they haven't tried to really revive Dance Dance Revolution since dancing's the big thing now.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I love these threads.

Microsoft at 5.30 GMT is perfect, going to miss Sony's at 1am though :(

Really want to see what they show with Vita.

Franchise games I prefer to play on a console.

Algertman on
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Taramoor wrote: »
    DVRing Konami tomorrow off of G4 just to have it. If it's even half as bad as last year it will be astounding. I hadn't thought anything could top the half-hour speech about Avatar from the year before. I don't think anything can quite top the sheer awfulness of everything that was Konami last year, but we'll see.

Nintendo's last year, well, they revealed a new Kid Icarus game. I cried tears of joy because I am a sad sad person.

When is it on? I don't see it on my guide.

It's not, apparently.

I went downstairs to set the DVR after posting that and discovered that they aren't covering Konami's conference except for an episode of X-Play next week. G4 will still air the Microsoft/Nintendo/Sony conferences though, so those WILL be DVR'd.

Luckily, the internet never forgets so I'll be able to not only watch Konami, but relive all the fantastic moments on YouTube.

Like all of these moments:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6OCnvvkSLM

Taramoor on
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    DVRing Konami tomorrow off of G4 just to have it. If it's even half as bad as last year it will be astounding. I hadn't thought anything could top the half-hour speech about Avatar from the year before. I don't think anything can quite top the sheer awfulness of everything that was Konami last year, but we'll see.

Nintendo's last year, well, they revealed a new Kid Icarus game. I cried tears of joy because I am a sad sad person.

Perhaps you're the guy who can help me out. As I mentioned before, I won't be around for the Konami show, as I have dinner with friends at that time.

I would really appreciate it if you or someone else PM'd me a link to the video conference, without spoilers, so I can watch and react to the news at my own pace.

So if a recording becomes available, please PM it to me as soon as possible.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I never get tired of that video.

Algertman on
  • AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    When will the latest ep. of GTTV be on gametrailers? I want and I might even deserve some SC V footage.

Edit: Thanks. Can't believe I missed the countdown.

I am a bit miffed about the Konami keynote being at 2 AM CEST. I need to go up early tomorrow and do laundry and study. At least this GTTV ep. will be at an ideal time.

Absalon on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Absalon wrote: »
    When will the latest ep. of GTTV be on gametrailers? I want and I might even deserve some SC V footage.

Countdown on their front page says in 14 hours.

Peewi on
    edited June 2011
    Shadowfire wrote: »

When is it on? I don't see it on my guide.

It's not, apparently.

I went downstairs to set the DVR after posting that and discovered that they aren't covering Konami's conference except for an episode of X-Play next week. G4 will still air the Microsoft/Nintendo/Sony conferences though, so those WILL be DVR'd.

Luckily, the internet never forgets so I'll be able to not only watch Konami, but relive all the fantastic moments on YouTube.

Like all of these moments:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6OCnvvkSLM

I'm still wondering why that guy is so pissed off.

• VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    whoa why the hell is konami's conference so early?

VALVEjunkie on
  • TalkcTalkc Registered User regular
    edited June 2011

Because the rest of E3 cant handle how Extreeeeeme.... *whispers* Extreeeeeeeme..... their conference is going to be.
    Not funny :(

Talkc on
  • Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Isn't there a GoG conference today?

Dox the PI on
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yup, going on right now.

Thetheroo on
  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I hope the PA servers are able to handle the load of the E3. I don't want to stare at "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later" when I should be discussing new games.

TeaSpoon on
  • VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Talkc wrote: »

Because the rest of E3 cant handle how Extreeeeeme.... *whispers* Extreeeeeeeme..... their conference is going to be.
    Not funny :(

exreeeeeme

VALVEjunkie on
  • AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    I hope the PA servers are able to handle the load of the E3. I don't want to stare at "The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later" when I should be discussing new games.

IRC, G.

Absalon on
  • TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Meh. I like watching the thread grow ten pages every five minutes. I like how most posts are just "holy shit" or "this is retarded." I like making those posts.

TeaSpoon on
  • ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I've never seen that Konami video before... it's because of moments like those I can't watch these things live. SO BAD.

Zenitram on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    TeaSpoon wrote: »

Really gotta recommend IRC this year. For everyone.

Not just for the sake of us all being able to discuss things, but for allowing the forum to be usable for people who AREN'T actively keeping up with E3 events.

Henroid on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Attention everyone.

Throughout the keynote(s for this year's E3), and in the immediate wake of it, I would deeply appreciate it if people whispered me in IRC (remember, join slashnet and the channel #pa_e3keynote) any valuable images, media, or quotes that others are able to capture WAY faster than I would be able to.

I will have the wrap-up threads for each keynote open and writing while the keynotes are occurring. As soon as the keynotes are coming to a close, the threads will be going up for the benefit of those who are unable to watch the keynotes for whatever reason.

This all begins tonight, in just over an hour, with Konami's pre-E3 poor-man's-keynote.

Henroid on
  • The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    People should really join the IRC channel.

The Mantiz on
    3DS - 2878-9572-9277
    edited June 2011
    Henroid wrote: »
    Attention everyone.

Throughout the keynote(s for this year's E3), and in the immediate wake of it, I would deeply appreciate it if people whispered me in IRC (remember, join slashnet and the channel #pa_e3keynote) any valuable images, media, or quotes that others are able to capture WAY faster than I would be able to.

I will have the wrap-up threads for each keynote open and writing while the keynotes are occurring. As soon as the keynotes are coming to a close, the threads will be going up for the benefit of those who are unable to watch the keynotes for whatever reason.

This all begins tonight, in just over an hour, with Konami's pre-E3 poor-man's-keynote.

Better save that thread to notepad before you hit Submit.

Server errors are sentient things... and they will push you down the stairs at the slightest provocation.

Taramoor on
  • DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I thought the server errors were just a thing that happened and not necessarily tied to traffic. Suppose I could actually go back and read the error thread. I think (hope) the forums will hold up fairly well during E3.

Dritz on
    There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
    edited June 2011
    Attention everyone.

Server errors are sentient things... and they will push you down the stairs at the slightest provocation.

The back button being pushed immediately on that message coming up actually preserves the content of what I've written.

Henroid on
    edited June 2011
    Attention everyone.

The back button being pushed immediately on that message coming up actually preserves the content of what I've written.

Very well... roll the dice if you wish.

Taramoor on
    edited June 2011
    Well that is how I roll, Taramoor.

Half an hour out from this deal.

Henroid on
    edited June 2011
    Going out to meet my pals for dinner.

Again, if anyone is recording the Konami stream, or stumbles upon a stream or link via mediafire or whatnot of said stream, I would greatly appreciate it if you PM'd me once it became available.

Just wouldn't be the same reading the highlights in an OP. This is a show I want to witness firsthand.

So again, if anyone finds the stream recorded anywhere, please PM it to me so I avoid spoiling the fun too early. Thanks.

edited June 2011
    Try to stay out of the thread I'll be making then, Snugs. Sorry you're missing it, but at least you're being social and not a basement dweller like the rest of us. :x

Henroid on
  • V FactionV Faction Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Pretty sure it'll be up on GameTrailers or some other site later. They had the entire Press Conference up on the website from last year.

V Faction on
    Nintendo Network ID: V-Faction | XBL: V Faction | Steam | 3DS: 3136 - 6603 - 1330
    Pokemon White Friend Code: 0046-2121-0723/White 2 Friend Code: 0519-5126-2990
    "Did ya hear the one about the mussel that wanted to purchase Valve? Seems like the bivalve had a juicy offer on the table but the company flat-out refused and decided to immediately clam up!"
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Hey, Konami's site isn't working for me (I think it got wanged), does anyone have another link for a live konami stream?

Undead Scottsman on
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Attention everyone.

If you are editing a post instead of submitting a new one, it gives a much friendlier "Server is busy" popup thingy instead of erasing the entire page. So that works a little better.

I still have been in the habbit of typing everything to notepad (or at least CTRL-C'ing before submitting) due to this crap though :P

P.S. - Thanks, I'll be at work during the actual important conferences :P Hope wherever you are hosting the images isn't blocked :)

Edit:
    Hey, Konami's site isn't working for me (I think it got wanged), does anyone have another link for a live konami stream?

^^^ this

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Attention everyone.

If you are editing a post instead of submitting a new one, it gives a much friendlier "Server is busy" popup thingy instead of erasing the entire page. So that works a little better.

I still have been in the habbit of typing everything to notepad (or at least CTRL-C'ing before submitting) due to this crap though :P

P.S. - Thanks, I'll be at work during the actual important conferences :P Hope wherever you are hosting the images isn't blocked :)

Edit:

^^^ this

If Back erases the post anyways, you can still go back Forward and hit Refresh to resend your post. Sure it miiight cause a double post but double posts can be deleted anyways.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited June 2011
    g4tv.com says it'll have the konami conference, but I don't see a streaming window.
    http://www.g4tv.com/e3-2011/pressconference/konami/99/

Undead Scottsman on
    edited June 2011
    g4tv.com says it'll have the konami conference, but I don't see a streaming window.
    http://www.g4tv.com/e3-2011/pressconference/konami/99/
    Konami's press conference will feature Silent Hill Homecoming, PES 2012, NeverDead, Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3DS and more. The video will be posted online Thursday, June 2nd, before E3.

Also:
    G4'S E3 PRESS CONFERENCE LIVE STREAM STARTS MONDAY 12:30PM ET / 9:30AM PT

So yeah, no stream. They will post the video after-the-fact it sounds like.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    And so it begins!

The Mantiz on
    3DS - 2878-9572-9277
    edited June 2011
    Anyone got a good liveblog since I can't get the video?

Undead Scottsman on
    edited June 2011
    Oh oh, I am almost in, maybe! I can see the page title at least!

Edit: Dammit, I got in for a second but it asks you to enter a birthday and then I lost it trying to do that :( /cry

Warlock82 on
  • AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    So any links to the konami stream?

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    This is not live.

Konami reveals their upcoming lineup, including huge titles from past and present! New HD collections from Silent Hill to Metal Gear Solid and Zone of the Enders, plus news on new products like Metal Gear Solid: Rising, NeverDead and Silent Hill: Downpour!

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • RedlanceRedlance Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Game trailers is has it up it looks like.http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-konami/714570

Redlance on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    Antihippy wrote: »
    So any links to the konami stream?

Check the OP. Sadly the one link we have is hammered to all hell, so good luck getting in.

Undead Scottsman on