As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Glossolalia Presents: [SlateGray] Engles is Burning [Resonance] Requisite Bar Fight

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, I miss seeing Speed Racer.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    it's not even ironic ugly
    it's just bad in every conceivable way

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    like what I'm saying here is you are an objectively worse person for choosing to wear it

you have irredeemably damaged yourself in my eyes and the eyes of all others who look upon you

the shame you ought to be feeling is so great it could cripple the mightiest

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    now you're just convincing me to keep it

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I could think of worse av + sig combos

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    now you're just convincing me to keep it

definitely not intentionally as part of a lengthy and diabolical plot to discredit and defame you

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    You have one of the few twitchy Sigs that are actually cool/funny

Just a constant gamebro party going on down there

NeoToma on
  • Options
    DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Congratulations Dubh :D

that new plus this:
    DE?AD wrote: »
    Stilts and Toasters both worked so well as their original RADLands characters, that I have a really, really hard time picturing them as anything else.

makes me basically the happiest

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Dubh wrote: »

yeah after all it's only an indirect homestuck reference!

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    I still have a hard time imagining Toasters with a beard. It just seems odd, somehow.

Rokkuhādo
    [??? (Air)][Resourceful][?]
    [i: Harmonic Mind gi, Adjustable Quarterstaff, Breather and Goggles ]

Rokku exits the ship calmly, engaging the first enemy he sees in combat. He frees his mind of thoughts of anger, fear or ego and enters a state of mushin. Without any discursive thought or judgment, he is now free to act and react without hesitation or disturbance from these thoughts. At this point, he doesn't rely on what he thinks his next move should be, but on what he feels intuitively.

In one fluid motion, he ducks, readies his fist and jumps up, delivering a devastating uppercut to his opponent, made even more so by being enforced by a powerful gust of wind that lifts both Rokku and his opponent a few feet from the ground.

Dux on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Dubh wrote: »

yeah after all it's only an indirect homestuck reference!

I'm just happy it's not troll-based

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Drake
    [Douchebag] [Arrogant] [?????]
    [PS 20] [?????????] [????????]
    [I: Device, Beam Emitter App]

(If he can see the winged creature) Drake looks up to the sky. "No fuckin' way. No fuckin' way, man." He braces his feet on the pavement, drops into what he assumes is a fighting stance, and slams his hands together. A column of red light shoots toward the flying machine, as hot and as deadly as Drake can make it.

[9%/15%] Rachel's COLOR="Yellow"]+1[/COLOR arrow slams into the dudge's chestplate. There're no visible gears or moving parts, but the steel arrow tip sinks into the metal. Electricity erupts out across the plate, and the dudge screams, staggering backwards on its nubs, tumbling into the underbrush. It appears to be [Shorting Out]

[50%/60%] Marius COLOR="Red"]+1[/COLOR launches at the dudge like some sort of [Feral Child]. He clambers up the dudge as it falls, avoiding direct contact with its sparking breastplate. He pushes its head aside and sinks his teeth into the "flesh" of its neck. It's like biting into hard rubber - it barely yields, just stretches and bends.

[33%/50%] Eustace follows his wild sibling, ascending the dudge and going into a spin. As Marius pulls away, Eustace's scythe comes down, slamming into the dudge's neck, and sinking in deep. There's a faint clink as the blade contacts the embedded metal structure.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    15% chance?

Damn, that was a lucky shot.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Raeger 4 4 2
    [Socialite][?][Cute]
    [i: Fashionable Outfit]

"Ah, yes. I'll just, uh, leave all this bloody business to you chaps. If you need me, I'll be over here," Raeger says, as he hides behind a tree.

Dux on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    (Maddy) 4 5 3
    [??][Very Pretty][?]
    [i: Expensive Outfit]
    With a scowl on her face, Maddy jumps at the creature's face, attempting to rip its mask off.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Nick 4 4 4
    [Assassino][???][???]
    [i: Nightiron Knife, Gentlemen's Attire (Currently Worn), Kimano]

"You guys have this well in hand. I'ma sit down and rest for a bit. Yell if you need me to stab that thing."

Someone with an eye for a fight has to watch for this thing's backup.

Huntera on
  • Options
    DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    (Bradley) 2 0 15
    [Breakballer][Strong][?]
    [i: Breakballer's Uniform (Blue, #66, Bradley)]

"Finally some excitement! Time to get PUMPED!" Bradley rushes over to the downed creature and employs his favorite dudge disposal technique, namely grabbing an arm and pulling.

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    yes! bradley is back

Shabooty on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    a surprisingly large number of life's problems can be solved by ripping someone's arm off

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Shabooty wrote: »
    yes! bradley is back

Yesssssss

NeoToma on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I am sad that depressperado vanished

because when he punched that rock lobster in derelict and shattered every bone in his arm I was gonna have him amputate it and replace it with a sweet mecharm

alas

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    can someone else get their hands on that mechanical arm

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    wouldn't it be hand

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Antimatter wrote: »
    wouldn't it be hand

the monster with basically steel plating lunged forward with a claw the size of a small car

he punched it head-on as hard as he could

the only reason it was only his arm that got destroyed was that he rolled a 1

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    not until I install the arm

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Dichotomy wrote: »

this is a pirate slash steampunk world

prosthetics are not at all uncommon

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited June 2011

I feel like if Jessie doesn't get an eyepatch at some point then I've made a serious mistake in my roleplaying.

EDIT: But then that would make her aim even worse, I guess. More bullets in Boom's back.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    (Marius) 0 1 0
    [???][Crazy][?]
    [i: ???]

The rubbery rot of flavor clings to his mouth. It didn't even taste alive.

Looking at the other slate face at the arm of the stolen body, He grins. "Yes, the arms!" He runs over to the other arm, grabbing hold, planting his feet against the torso, and ripping frantically.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    hahaha

a family friendly game of tug of war

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Stilts wrote: »

I feel like if Jessie doesn't get an eyepatch at some point then I've made a serious mistake in my roleplaying.

EDIT: But then that would make her aim even worse, I guess. More bullets in Boom's back.

ghostintheshellsacsaito.jpg

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    hahaha

a family friendly game of tug of war

It's like breaking the wishbone! Whoever gets the bigger piece gets their wish!

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Stilts wrote: »

ghostintheshellsacsaito.jpg

Basically the ideal outcome.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    all the friendly fire really isn't that big a deal

it builds character

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    all the friendly fire really isn't that big a deal

it builds character

Well, it kills characters, too.

Huntera on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Boom is actually Wolverine.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Everyone earns one million Negapoints for failing to find good newsreel music for me.
    [vidurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PDSkdIqHH0]"National Navy Plans 'Final Battle' Against Lockjaw Pirates"[/vidurl]
    Dateline: Dark 67/Run 301
    Vidreel from the archives of
    The Trullia Reels
    Unedited cut

The screen depicts a large, dignified gentlemen, wearing a sharp blue uniform nearly buried in silver stars, bands, epaulettes, medals, and ship's wheels. The formality of his dress is completely ruined by the man's long, unkempt beard. Looking at him you might guess that he would and did kill anyone who came anywhere near that beard with a grooming instrument of any sort. And you would be absolutely right. He is standing on a stage before a large mass of people. A narrator nearly shouts to make himself heard over the swelling music.

"Earlier today, Grand Admiral Gerald Rockwell announced that the Navy has been preparing to finally bring an end to the 30 year struggle with Lockjaw insurgents to the north. Grand Admiral Rockwell has called a conference to brief the public on the preparations for what the Navy is referring to as 'The Final Battle.'"

The music finally turns down low enough to actually make out what's being said by the people on screen. Rockwell gathers himself up briefly before gripping his lectern. He speaks, his lips almost entirely concealed by his facial hair, his voice booming, his coarse Northern accent destroying what little shred of regality that may have been left in his persona.

"Twenny-seven days an' fourteen hours ago, a Lockjaw vet'ran betrayed 'is treas'nous cohorts of 'is own volition an' provided th'Navy with critical intelligence regardin' the enemy. The informant's bein' kept in Naval custody and fer 'is own protection 'is name shall not be released t'th'public. 'E 'as provided th'Navy with th'hithert'fore secret location a'the Lockjaw capitol, along with detailed information regardin' movement patterns a'th'Lockjaw fleet. With this intelligence, th'Navy is preparin' to launch th'single biggest attack in National 'istory. Those Lockjaw sons a'bitches started this acursed war thirty years ago on th'first day a'Dark. In twenny-two days, sixteen hours, at five A.M. on th'first day a'Dawn, we are going t'end it. We will be strikin' the Lockjaw capitol when its defenses are at its lowest, bringing th'full force of a fleet of... What in blue fuck is going on back there?!" Grand Admiral Rockwell shoves his lecturn to the side, gasps coming out of the crowd as it tips over with a thud. His fiery eyes stare directly into the camera as he leaps off the podium, the crowd hastily parting to get out of his way.

"I tol' you two lily-livered bastards that y'couldn't bring any fuckin' cameras in 'ere! Y'got fuckin' ears, don't ye you dumbshits?! Ye fuckin' stupid er somethin'?! Whaddya think would happen if a Lockjaw spy got ahol' a'that film, eh? The entire fuckin' operation would be ruined is what! I oughta have the both a'ye drawn an' quartered fer treason you dumb sacks a'shit! Better yet I'll just beat th'stupid outta ye myself!"

The rant continues, but at this point the hulking form of Rockwell has completely taken up the screen, and with a sharp move of his arm, the view twists dramatically and becomes distorted before going to black.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    speed I promise you I will not be a lameo next week

I promise you
    I was kind of banking on the thing being tomorrow so I could show up and at least listen in

Today I was busy getting my tan on

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    DJP3710DJP3710 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    1) Fashionably late congratulations to Dubh.

2) John's [methodical] search doesn't turn up anything that looks like a bomb. Plenty of places where one could be hidden, but nothing that screams "Hello, I am where the bomb would have to be."

Penny's curiosity about a bomb detection app goes unanswered, for the moment. While the impact hurt, not even her clothes are scuffed. Still, blinking red lights are never a good thing, and there's one such light on her Device right now.

Warning, App use exceeding Reality Alteration Limit. A yellow light flickers onto Drake's Device as the column lances into the sky, hitting the shadowed form above entirely. It is extremely impressive, but as the rush fades it is replaced by a bone-deep exhaustion. It feels like he had just spent an afternoon running uphill. (Drake gains [Yellow Zone] and [Dead Drain 1])

A screech pierces the air and, up above, the red-veined black shape dives towards the parking lot. Now that he can see it upon approach, he realizes that it's very, very big.

And, about the same time, the sound of police sirens can be heard in the distance.

3) Wanna make another game. Not that I have any intention of discarding Skyblue, but wanna make another game. Might take a nap to see if I'm not just really tired and therefore crazy.

DJP3710 on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    (David)
    [?????] [?????] [?????]
    [?????????] [?????????] [?????????]
    [I: Device, Unknown App Cartridge]

David jumps down the hole the M-Unit made and rushes to Arthur's side.

"Are...uh...are you okay?" he asks nervously. "That looked like it really hurt."

He quickly looks up through the hole at the robot, then back to Arthur. "Also we should probably start running now. Assuming you can."

(Rachel) 6 5 4
    [Ranger][Persuasive][?]
    [i: keys, longsword, Skank Outfit, Collapsible Classicpull Longbow]

Rachel silently congratulates herself on a job well done before putting away the bow and taking out her sword. She runs up to the robotic dudge and slashes at its leg.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    hey guys get in tiny chat please you are some of my favorite people

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
This discussion has been closed.