Options

Glossolalia Presents: [SlateGray] Engles is Burning [Resonance] Requisite Bar Fight

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    you can't tell me what to do

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    hey guys get in tiny chat please you are some of my favorite people

I have never used Tiny Chat before.

Please help.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    you don't need a cam or anything stilts

just click on the link in my sig

dich you are my most favorite get in here

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Derelict Session Summary

Garret and Jessie continued their escape attempt, dodging into the kitchen. Garret attempted to bullshit Mal Carne, the head chef, but was interrupted when a bloody and enraged Galk bursted in, which prompted both of them to head for the trash chute that led outside. Galk got into a fight with Carne, who ended up frying the right side of the criminal's face. Meanwhile, Garret and Jessie continued to be miserable failures, but were saved when Jessie's old C.O. grew a backbone and granted them both passage out of the base.

Meanwhile, the leader of the Atom cult punched Thaddeus Boom out cold so that he could enjoy a drink and a chat with Quorthon. The two shot the shit for a bit before the leader decided to make sure Boom wasn't hurt too bad from the knockout. Boom awoke and immediately resumed attempting to kill his host, but Quorthon restrained him. One of the cultists came to tell their leader that a few navymen had seen the laser light show and were outside arresting people and asking questions. The cult leader opted to leave his machine and his ship to Quorthon and Boom to worry about and zipped out the window.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    dich you are my most favorite get in here

what's in it for me

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I will

uh

just get in here

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    pass

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Oh come on, Dich.

I'm in there.

And Marsh is, too, amazingly.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Amazingly, what.

I'm not totally antisocial. For the most part.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Drake
    [Douchebag] [Arrogant] [?????] [Yellow Zone] [Dead Drain 1]
    [PS 20] [?????????] [????????]
    [I: Device, Beam Emitter App]

Drake drops to a knee and tries to catch his breath. "Jesus fucking Christ." He turns toward Penelope, shouting over the screech. "P-Unit, can you give us some cover?"

Drake flexes his fingers, and checks his Device, seeing if he still has any power left.

[1%/35%] Maddy's COLOR="Yellow"]+2[/COLOR fingers close around the rim of the mask, her momentum carrying her forward, ripping the thing from the dudge's head, trailing dudgem-coated wires and cables behind it. Maddy lands, electricity still crackling off the chords as they follow her to the ground. Apparently, she can also be [Very Dangerous] (8 8).

The dudge appears to be [Malfunctioning]. It stumbles backward, legs working out of synch, arms flailing wildly.

[8%/75%] Bradley COLOR="Red"]+2[/COLOR takes the opportunity to run up, grab its arms, and kick it square in the chest.

Rachel and Marius run up to help, but the thing is now lying on the ground, spasming wildly as its chestplate sparks and hisses.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    (Penelope)
    [?????] [Fearless] [?????][Red Zone]
    [30] [?????????] [????????]
    [I: Device, Kinetic Repellent App]

"Did... did you just call me 'P-Unit'? Fuck you, find your own damn cover."

Even if she wanted to, Penelope doesn't feel comfortable making with the dickery with all these red lights flashing everywhere. Penny ops to run into one of the buildings, instead of taking her chances with whatever the hell's got Percival "Drake" Stupidaname so spooked.

Shock G on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Drake

"Bitch," Drake mutters under his breath. He pulls himself up to his feet and darts after her. "Yo, we got a big flying bullshit thing coming at us, and a whole bunch of other fuckers. If you can put a big enough cover up over this damn mall, it won't fucking her them, got it?"

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    (Penelope)

"Too damn big, and I'm outta juice besides." She holds up her blinking device. "I wonder if there's an anti-aircraft app."

Shock G on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Drake

"Fuck," Drake says, slumping against the wall. "Okay, who we got? I mean, what was everyone's apps? This fucker is huge and we need to bring him down hard. Hard as shit."

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    back in january or so I claimed I had an interest in running a game, and promptly forgot about it when reception to the idea was lukewarm at best

but for some reason tonight schemes and plots I had for it started to worm their way into my brain again

this would normally be swiftly dismissed, except that I'm about to go to bed and the centerpiece of the previously planned introductory post is the most personally terrifying thing I have ever imagined, and I can't stop thinking about it

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    DJP3710DJP3710 Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    back in january or so I claimed I had an interest in running a game, and promptly forgot about it when reception to the idea was lukewarm at best

but for some reason tonight schemes and plots I had for it started to worm their way into my brain again

this would normally be swiftly dismissed, except that I'm about to go to bed and the centerpiece of the previously planned introductory post is the most personally terrifying thing I have ever imagined, and I can't stop thinking about it

Embrace the fear and make it your own?

DJP3710 on
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    (Nigel) 6 8 7
    [Actuarian][Cosmopolitian][?]
    [i: Respectable Suit, Kimano]
    Nigel leaves his hiding place with the socialite, "Good job guys". He bows in close to examine anything weird going on with the mechanized dudge.

NeoToma on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    (Penelope)

"Maybe we could get that one prick to go all Bill Murray on it. Or maybe get that other guy to toss some magic sleepy pixie dust around."

Shock G on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Police cars come screeching up to the parking lot, followed by several fire trucks and ambulances. Oh good, the authorities are here, troubles are over.

And then the V-Unit arrives. Its dive-bomb turns into a frighteningly sudden stop feet off the ground, a burst of wind coming from its wings with enough force to blow back the hair and remove the hats of everyone present. Half the size of a commercial airliner, its bird-like head swings about on a flexible, tube-like neck. The single camera lens on its skull whirs quietly as it looks directly at Drake, the same mindless retaliation reflex the P-Units had responded with earlier.

And then it spasms, the red veins along its plastic body glowing brighter. Another synthetic screech pierces the air, making every nearby window shudder.

"WHYLIVEDESTROYWHATPAINPAINPAINPAIN!!!"

The voice comes from everywhere and nowhere at once, a vibration both echoed in the mind and carried on the winds. Another screech comes from the towering robot, the synthetic cry warbled and twisted.

And then a single gunshot echoes out, a bullet pinging harmlessly off its skull. The officer stares at his shooting hand like it betrayed him, what was surely his usually steady nerves gone in the face of whatever the hell this was.

Silence reigns. The V-Unit swings its head around towards the gathered uniformed men and women before it, the flashing lights from their vehicles playing off its dark frame. It fully extends a wingspan longer than most buildings were wide.

"You're...under...arrest?" The shooting officer's attempt to save face is barely heard past the thick layer of tension in the air.

As far as last words go, it was a fairly poor choice.

With a single flap comes forth hurricane force winds, a ferocious gale that shatters every window on the block. It hits like a tidal wave, carrying cars, trucks and people away. The building across the street stands for a moment before it's hit by the propelled debris and reduced to a barely standing skeleton of its original self.

DJP3710 on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Sokudo
    [??? (Sound)] [???] [???]
    [i: Harmonic Mind gi]

Sokudo groans and stumbles back and grimaces as the bullets reverberate through him.

Sonic rounds. Clever.

The grimace turns into a smile.

But not clever enough.

He focuses intently on the pulse of the vibrations still rocking his body. As soon as he regains his footing, he charges out in front of the others and swings his arms out in a circular motion.

"Wall of Silence!" he cries out as he drives his arms forward, sending out waves of ki in direct opposition to the frequency of the bullets, hopefully nullifying their potency.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Damn

DJP are we waiting on something else from you, or can we go at it?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Nope, have at it.

DJP3710 on
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    Mainly I just wanna go through the early narration posts to get a solid grasp on some of the setting stuff.

Marsh made one but it stops around meeting Nohomo SlateGrey

NeoToma on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I think he means in stilts game

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    yeah I do

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    bam

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    in other news, I just had an absolutely brilliant idea to sort out this dojo invasion without backfiring at all

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    (Penelope)

Penelope gets a crazy idea. She's been running around all this time, reacting, never considering the full implications of the power she was given. Walls and spikes where all well and good, but there was so much more she could do.

Like a hammer.

Penny starts thinking about the shape she wants, drawing it in her head. Big rectangular solid, dense, the end pointed at the bird covered in sharp, pyramidal spikes. Easy. Now the hard part, getting the focus in her head. She thinks of a point, and absolute point, in space about 20 feet tin front of the Planebot. It's strong and solid, immovable, resolute enough to ignore the Earth's gravity, a rivet in the very fabric of spacetime. One hell of a thing to visualize. Good thing Pen spends most of her free time reading hard science fiction novels, or else she wouldn't have much of a starting point.

The image of what she wants certain in her head, Penelope wills it into existence. Then sits back and watches the carnage.

Shock G on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    The Earth just keeps on spinning and moving through space, while the hammer Penelope created stays right where it damn well pleases. Unfortunately, the V-Unit does not have that level of cajones. With all the force of the Earth's rotation, the giant robot takes a spiked jet-speed hammer to its torso and complete crumples inwards in an explosion of brilliant black plastic, right before its pieces are scattered across the city behind it in a spray of deadly, limb-slicing shrapnel.

The red light on Penelope's Device flickers for a moment, then extinguishes. She feels a tugging sensation at her chest for a moment, a horrible agony as the Reality Alteration Device, lacking the "battery" life to keep the hammer from collapsing under the force of having to withstand a jet-speed bird to itself. Regardless of its shape, it was still a barrier after all, and under that much pressure it needed a lot of power to stay rigid.

Drake watches as Penny hits the ground, unmoving. (Penny gains 20 PS, [Dead Drain 5], and [Dead])

DJP3710 on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited June 2011
    (Maddy) 8 8 3
    [??][Very Pretty][Very Dangerous]
    [i: Expensive Outfit]
    "Fuck yeah. Job well done, team."

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    (Penelope)
    [?????] [Fearless] [?????][Dead Drain 5][Dead]
    [50] [?????????] [????????]

Penelope... doesn't really do much of anything really. Just kiiinda sits there.

Yep.

Shock G on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    (Rachel) 6 5 4
    [Ranger][Persuasive][?]
    [i: keys, longsword, Skank Outfit, Collapsible Classicpull Longbow]

"It was a nice, quick takedown, yes, but let's not get too caught up in our success," Rachel says. "This dudge was enhanced to be larger and stronger than normal. If I was a betting woman, I'd put money on this thing being used to carry all that steel off the dock. So it's likely there are more of them out there."

She sighs. "Still, that wasn't as bad as I feared it would be. Now let me see if I can pick that trail up again..."

Gonna try to get a Resonance update out in half an hour.

@DJP: So...what's up with David and Arthur? Is the M-Unit not doing anything?

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I am seated quietly in anticipation

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    (Maddy) 8 8 3

Maddy attempts to clean up the mask. It could come in handy eventually. While removing the dudgem from the mask, she gets goosebumps. She remembers something, a snippet of a speech, words of power. We wear these masks not to hide from justice, but to perform it.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Meanwhile, the M-Unit circles the hole in the pavement it made. Off in the not-so-far distance comes a whole lot of noise, signaling something probably bad going on elsewhere. It spins its cylindrical body around, camera lens aimed in the direction of the commotion.

DJP3710 on
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited June 2011
    (Jake) 5 4 3
    [GeoTech][Down to Earth][?]
    [i: Eco-Friendly Outfit, Modded Tyson G3 Greaves (Geocore)]

"That noise it made probably alerted everyone on this island."

Shabooty on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Anti, the point numbers after a Trait are its cost. You unlocked it, but you won't be able to afford it for a little while.

Drake
    [PS 30] [?????????] [????????]

"Fuck!" Drake drops down beside Penelope, and lifts her hand, pinching her wrist to check for a pulse. "C'mon, P-Unit. Get up the fuck up. Please." He pulls her over to a more protected area, and holds his device out.

He taps the screen and searches for technical support.

The path is quite easy to pick up again - as the other dudges appear to have just been travelling along what was once the foot path.

Maddy wipes of the mask. It appears to be some sort of mechanical assembly - impossible for any human to wear. Several chords trail from it, which apparently connected to the chest-implant. What purpose it served is almost impossible to determine.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    (Maddy) 8 8 3
    Damn, she thinks to herself. She makes a mental list of priorities: Find a weapon, find a mask, find out just exactly what the hell is going on.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Anti, fix your statline.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I am confused

I saw the 8 8 and thought that's what it was supposed to be

Antimatter on