As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[True Blood]...what is going on?

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    skeldare wrote: »
    Maybe we could have a season where [gasp] we don't worry so much about who is putting what into Sookie's hoo-ha.

[waits for laughter to die down]

But seriously, Sookie just needs to start dating girls.

Didn't Jason's vampwhore kiss Sookie? I could see that going somewhere :winky:

She's not a whore, she's a perfectly respectable catholic vampire.

But yes, she did violate Sookie's personal space in a very amusing manor. I enjoyed it more for how uncomfortable Jason was than for the girl-on-girl action.

I think the part that made him the most uncomfortable was that he couldn't look away.

Exactly. "This is simultaneously the hottest and most inappropriate thing that has ever happened to me, and I've had sex with my teacher when I was underage."

• Options
    CowSharkCowShark Registered User regular
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    She's a rapist forcing Jason to enter into a nice Stockholm syndrome crafted "relationship" that he never had a choice about, but it's True Blood so yeah.

I think you may be watching the wrong show.
    Jason's killed lots of vampires, and is a guy who will jump into silly, silly action if he thinks that's the appropriate response. We haven't seen him glamored, so we gotta assume he wants to be with Violet. Expecting sexual favors while withholding them is hella abusive, I think, but she did tell him beforehand that she would do exactly what she's now doing.

So while he was in prison, it was a bad scene--but now that he's kitted out his basement as a lair for her, this shit is partly his own fault.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Actually while Violet didn't glamour him she told him he belongs to her up front, which is a threat. As far as he knows she'll kill him if he tries to escape. But it's True Blood so we get shit where he tells Sookie he thinks he's falling in love with her and he's suddenly an emasculated pussy eating machine who will do anything she asks.

Maybe one of the writers has a sub/dom fetish and is putting it on Jason now. It's True Blood, so anything goes.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Actually while Violet didn't glamour him she told him he belongs to her up front, which is a threat. As far as he knows she'll kill him if he tries to escape. But it's True Blood so we get shit where he tells Sookie he thinks he's falling in love with her and he's suddenly an emasculated pussy eating machine who will do anything she asks.

Maybe one of the writers has a sub/dom fetish and is putting it on Jason now. It's True Blood, so anything goes.

If Jason wanted to kill her, it wouldn't be hard. Knock a hole in the wall/floor during the day time and watch her fry.

I agree that it could be Stockholm-y, but I don't think they were together long enough in jail, I think he's legitimately interested in someone who won't give him what he wants when he takes off his shirt.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    So, with that little 6 months later jump, does everyone realize that we were denied seeing Jason's sex dreams about Eric?

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    So, with that little 6 months later jump, does everyone realize that we were denied seeing Jason's sex dreams about Eric?

I'm assuming he's had them in plenty, but will probably continue having them in Season 7.

• Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    edited August 2013

I'm assuming he's had them in plenty, but will probably continue having them in Season 7.
    They might use that as first "hint" that Eric is still alive.

Last night I was trying to explain this season to someone who stopped watching after last season. It was hilariously challenging. On the bright side, I did get to say "Faerie Vampire"

gjaustin on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    gjaustin wrote: »

Last night I was trying to explain this season to someone who stopped watching after last season. It was hilariously challenging. On the bright side, I did get to say "Faerie Vampire"

Whenever I try to explain this show to someone who's never seen it, I feel like a jackass. It also usually ends with them asking something like, "So wait, why do you watch this?".

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    "boobs, hot guys and eric northman"

• Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    gjaustin wrote: »

Whenever I try to explain this show to someone who's never seen it, I feel like a jackass. It also usually ends with them asking something like, "So wait, why do you watch this?".

My justification: It's crazy and trashy. But incredibly entertaining.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    True Blood is a vampire soap opera. Just because I like the best shows on TV most doesn't mean I don't get to like the bad but highly entertaining ones too.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    True Blood is a vampire soap opera. Just because I like the best shows on TV most doesn't mean I don't get to like the bad but highly entertaining ones too.

It's like Dynasty, but with more vampires.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »

If Jason wanted to kill her, it wouldn't be hard. Knock a hole in the wall/floor during the day time and watch her fry.

I agree that it could be Stockholm-y, but I don't think they were together long enough in jail, I think he's legitimately interested in someone who won't give him what he wants when he takes off his shirt.

I think that's exactly it, Jason's never had a relationship before with a girl who didn't want his penis at all times.

And while it's possible she's forcing this all on him, he's no stranger to killing vampires if he legitimately thought his life was in danger from her.

• Options
    HeartlashHeartlash Registered User regular
    True Blood is the unapologetic, naked form of every major HBO series amped up with supernatural nonsense: A polished, high budget, soap opera about people having sex and killing.

My indie mobile gaming studio: Elder Aeons
    Our first game is now available for free on Google Play: Frontier: Isle of the Seven Gods
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Heartlash wrote: »
    True Blood is the unapologetic, naked form of every major HBO series amped up with supernatural nonsense: A polished, high budget, soap opera about people having sex and killing.

and if that description doesn't appeal to you

well you're probably not my friend anyway so why are we even talking?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    whoops

naked eric lounging . gif

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArlingtonArlington Registered User regular

Didn't Violet give Sookie her blood as well? Double screwed.

• Options
    scherbchenscherbchen Asgard (it is dead)Registered User regular

I still think that it did not want to go there initially. personally I blame Lafayette surviving for the new and improved True Blood. just one more reason Lafayette makes everything better.

skeldare wrote: »

It's like Dynasty, but with more vampires.

and boobs. also euro dick! and if the gay Cartwright son could see this show? Sammy-Jo would have been an extra!

PS: Sammy-Jo was the one I think it was, right? Sookie used her light(tm) and fried mah brain.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Hmm, not sure if rubbing V on a wound to heal it counts the same as drinking V. I don't think the show has ever said one way or another.

Doctor Detroit on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    scherbchen wrote: »

I still think that it did not want to go there initially. personally I blame Lafayette surviving for the new and improved True Blood. just one more reason Lafayette makes everything better.

Someone missed the V induced hippy magical field sex scene with jason, if you think this went off the rails with Lafayette living.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular

Someone missed the V induced hippy magical field sex scene with jason, if you think this went off the rails with Lafayette living.

That was the point where the show learned that the best way to get audiences to overlook/accept silliness is to add boobs.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Hmm, not sure if rubbing V on a wound to heal it counts the same as drinking V. I don't think the show has ever said one way or another.

See every case of healing neck puncture wounds ever?

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Tridus1xTridus1x Registered User regular
    Damn just got done with this season. Between GoT and this, I got hit hard. Screw those shows!

• Options
    'True Blood' to end run in 2014
    HBO announced today that True Blood will end its run after seven seasons in 2014.

The final 10 episodes will air next summer.

“True Blood has been nothing short of a defining show for HBO,” said HBO Programming President Michael Lombardo in a statement. “Alan Ball took the books by Charlaine Harris, assembled a brilliant cast led by the magnificent Anna Paquin in the role of Sookie Stackhouse, and crafted a show that has taken its many devoted fans on an unforgettable journey. Alan passed the baton to Brian Buckner, who led our fantastic writers and crew in crafting a spectacular sixth season, and he will lead us through the seventh and final season of this amazing show. Together with its legions of fans, it will be hard to say goodbye to the residents of Bon Temps, but I look forward to what promises to be a fantastic final chapter of this incredible show.”

The sixth season of True Blood ended last month with an average gross audience of 10.6 million viewers per episode. The pay network says it remains one of its most popular series.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    HeartlashHeartlash Registered User regular
    "Ladies and Gentlemen, I have something to say. It is better to burn out, than to fade away!"

I hope the above rings true for TB. I want a blaze of ridiculous glory.

My indie mobile gaming studio: Elder Aeons
    Our first game is now available for free on Google Play: Frontier: Isle of the Seven Gods
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Damn, that means the chances of them introducing Dermot are low.

Book spoilers
    Niall's son, who just happens to be fairy that could be Jason's twin. You just know the show would have went with some Jason-on-Jason action.

• Options
    I approve of this move. Better to have a strong ending season than to let it just recycle plots endlessly.

• Options
    Invisible wrote: »

Book spoilers
    Niall's son, who just happens to be fairy that could be Jason's twin. You just know the show would have went with some Jason-on-Jason action.

you say that like it is a bad thing....

• Options
    I approve of this move. Better to have a strong ending season than to let it just recycle plots endlessly.

Depends. Has Sookie slept with everyone yet?

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Yes.

Well, not with Alcide on screen, because if that happened everyone would explode in rainbows and kittens.

And Stephen Moyer would melt into a pool of blood.

• Options
    Sheriff Bellefleure would like to have words with you Sookie.

• Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Invisible wrote: »

Book spoilers

you say that like it is a bad thing....

Quite the opposite. I want that to happen so, so bad.

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Sheriff Bellefleure would like to have words with you Sookie.

And that's a season right there.

• Options
    Rise thread for the last season starts in June. Here's a teaser that shows absolutely nothing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vws0B3EuXdg

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    It's about time really. Last season was just ripe with "What the hell?" moments. Still, kind of sad to see it go.

The only thing that teaser showed me is that I didn't really notice how many people died in True Blood until just now.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    I'll watch.

Oh yes, I'll watch.

I expect it to be cheesy and awful, full of pretty boobs and butts, and p much perfect gory popcorn television.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    Man the last episode of season 6 set such a sour note I'm not sure I'm even looking forward to season 7.

I'll still watch though, of course.

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    I'll watch for Jessica and Jason!

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    I'll watch for Jessica!

Last minute of the series finale. Jessica is wandering a battlefield, drenched in blood. It is daylight; much fairie blood was spilled and consumed that day. She finds a pond and looks at her reflection in its mirror-like surface, realizing that she's filthy. She starts pulling off the remains of the trim sundress she was wearing when the fight started, and there's no way we won't see her completely... CUT TO CREDITS.

Dracomicron on
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    It's about time really. Last season was just ripe with "What the hell?" moments. Still, kind of sad to see it go.

The only thing that teaser showed me is that I didn't really notice how many people died in True Blood until just now.

I am just starting the third season of this. The fact that it gets so messed up is what drew me to it.