Options

There is now a new [STEAM] thread to post in

• Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    I grabbed a copy of the Quakecon 2011 Pack (all iD/Bethesda games + DLC) for someone who ended up not wanting it. I paid the pre-order price of $54.99. If anyone is interested I can still gift it.

Add me on Steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/whatisschwa
    I will update this post when the copy is gone. If you can read this, I still have it! =)

I'm assuming you mean that you can gift it in exchange for reimbursement?

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Mirror's Edge: Deliverator?

Anyway, I like the threat of having people pursue you, because I liked the occasional sense of urgency punctuating the "gape in awe at the city" bits, although the heavier armored dudes become annoying. And for the record, the Pure time trials DLC can work on Steam, you just have to replace (through an override folder, not overwriting) some existing time trial maps, which may mean your time won't save if you switch back - haven't tried.
    Peewi wrote:
    Now that I've actually started playing Vampire from that sale recently, I can understand why everyone likes it so much.

<3

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Yeah, the cops made for a few frustrating situations, but I don't think the game would have been nearly as good without them.

Nothing like smoothly disarming a cop as you sprint past without losing any speed and tossing it over a railing.

• Options
    Maddoc wrote:
    Yeah, the cops made for a few frustrating situations, but I don't think the game would have been nearly as good without them.

Nothing like smoothly disarming a cop as you sprint past without losing any speed and tossing it over a railing.

Except maybe dropping into slo-mo, catching his rifle as he swings it at you, stealing it, and smacking him in the face with his own weapon in one fluid motion.

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Terraria is $5 anyone who doesn't it have it yet should go

VNmcb.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    What Is Schwa?What Is Schwa? Registered User regular
    TheCanMan wrote:
    I grabbed a copy of the Quakecon 2011 Pack (all iD/Bethesda games + DLC) for someone who ended up not wanting it. I paid the pre-order price of $54.99. If anyone is interested I can still gift it.

I will update this post when the copy is gone. If you can read this, I still have it! =)

Yeah. I don't mean to be a jerk but I couldn't really afford the pack in the first place. Floating $55 bucks right now is a bit of a struggle. I was just trying to pass on some savings.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    So... anyone know anything about this Trauma game? I'm a sucker for adventure stuff.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Hey, if we're serious about this Mirror's Edge + Pizza Delivery, then there's only one way to go:

Mirror's Edge 2: Avoid the Noid

• Options
    TheCanMan wrote:

Yeah. I don't mean to be a jerk but I couldn't really afford the pack in the first place. Floating $55 bucks right now is a bit of a struggle. I was just trying to pass on some savings.

Yeah, I figured as much. Just thought you might want to clear that up before you got flooded with people looking to get it for free. The wording in your post left it pretty ambiguous.

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Mirror's Edge: Deliverator?

Anyway, I like the threat of having people pursue you, because I liked the occasional sense of urgency punctuating the "gape in awe at the city" bits, although the heavier armored dudes become annoying. And for the record, the Pure time trials DLC can work on Steam, you just have to replace (through an override folder, not overwriting) some existing time trial maps, which may mean your time won't save if you switch back - haven't tried.
    Peewi wrote:
    Now that I've actually started playing Vampire from that sale recently, I can understand why everyone likes it so much.

<3

Do I get a gun I can only ever fire once? And then use a sword the rest of the time?
    Because I might play that.

• Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    I would play the fuck out of a Casa Nostra Pizza game.

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Only a few more hours for Humble Indie Bundle 3. Games activate on Steam. Spend more than the average and get HIB 2 as well.

• Options
    ParielPariel Registered User regular
    Yeah, I just paid the suggested price for it (because I'm a rich bastard sitting in my tower -- also I'm trying to pull up the Windows average, I'm mildly annoyed that it's below the Mac average, which is even odder because I also own a Mac. I have issues).

But now my Steam library is like, twice as big. Which is cool.

Can the games in the QuakeCon pack be gifted separately, or is it just a package deal? I'm interested in some of the games, but not enough of them to buy the whole pack.

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular

Nobody fucks with The Deliverator.

• Options
    What Is Schwa?What Is Schwa? Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Pariel wrote:
    Can the games in the QuakeCon pack be gifted separately, or is it just a package deal? I'm interested in some of the games, but not enough of them to buy the whole pack.
    Only one person can receive the 34 games. Here is the cached steam page.

What Is Schwa? on
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    I always love it when Tycho does a thread OP. Classy gentleman.

• Options
    JsunuJsunu Registered User regular
    Jsunu wrote:
    Been playing Trauma.... it is interesting to say the least :/

Good interesting or bad?

Well you go through a series of images sorta like Myst, clicking things while a voice-over explains the image. Kinda weird but I haven't played too far in.

You can try a demo here:

http://www.traumagame.com/trauma.html

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Someone help me. Brink still won't install. I've been trying since yesterday afternoon and still keep getting the servers are busy error. What gives?

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Firewall?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Shouldn't affect the installation of the game though, I just get the server is busy error from steam and then the game just hangs on 'starting download'

edit: Success! It just started wrking after I quit out of Hunted. (Awful game btw, in terms of the lack of options)

Big Classy on
  • Options

Uncle Enzo would like a word with you about your performance.
    It's Cosa Nostra

• Options
    ParielPariel Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Only one person can receive the 34 games. Here is the cached steam page.

Eh, that sucks. Wish I could help you out by buying it (or part of it), but my finances say "no".

Also I LOL'ed at Casa Nostra once you pointed it out.

Pariel on
  • Options
    Big Isy wrote:
    Shouldn't affect the installation of the game though, I just get the server is busy error from steam and then the game just hangs on 'starting download'

edit: Success! It just started wrking after I quit out of Hunted. (Awful game btw, in terms of the lack of options)

I don't think you can start a download while a steam game is running.
    You can start it, start the game you want to play, then restart the download though.

• Options
    PriscaPrisca Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    As we all know, Jonas Salk invented money in 1955 so he would have a way to earn a living from his polio vaccine. Before that, people just traded things they found for things that other people had found. So you might "sell" somebody a scrap of carpet, say, in exchange for an old bottle. It was a perfect system with only one drawback: people spent their lives bartering for piles of garbage before dying of polio.

But wait. What if we told you that you could barter for things that weren't garbage, AND not die of polio? Steam Trading Beta lets you securely trade your in-game items for other in-game items from participating games. You can also trade Steam gifts (games on Steam that you've purchased but not yet added to your Games Library).

Want to try it out? In Steam, go to Steam > Settings, and opt into Steam Trading Beta. That's it! Now your Steam Community profile will have an item inventory, and you'll be able to view the item inventories of every public profile in the Steam community.

Now that you've opted into the Trading Beta, you can invite people to trade through Group Chat, and trade with anybody in your Friends List who's also opted in. Just right-click on their name and select "Invite to Trade" from the dropdown menu. Once your friend accepts your offer to trade, a trade window will open up. The first time you open the trade window, a step-by-step walkthrough will guide you through your first trade.

That's it! Opt in and get trading, or surf over to the Trading Beta FAQ for the nuts and bolts. And remember: Trading is still in beta, so don't forget to give us your feedback here on the Forums.

http://teamfortress.com/post.php?id=6040

:
    Question
    What is Steam Trading, how does it work and how do I participate in the beta?

Answer

How do I get into the Steam Trading Beta?

From the Steam Client, open Steam->Settings and select the ‘Steam Trading Beta’ option. The Steam Client will then need to restart in order to download and apply the change.
    What items can be traded?

Team Fortress 2 items and Steam Gifts can currently be traded in the Steam Trading Beta.
    Will there be other games that support trading?

We’re working now with other game developers to incorporate both Trading and Inventories. Portal 2 should be reasonably soon and we hope to have several third-party games in the next few months.

What do you mean by trading Steam Gifts?

Any game you’ve purchased from the store as a gift, or received as an Extra Copy, can be traded to other users. They can be used to trade for other Gifts, or for items in Team Fortress 2. We’ve added a new checkout option to the Store when purchasing a gift so you can save it for trading or sending later, to support users who want to save games for trade fodder.

What restrictions are there on trading Steam Gifts?

Trading a Steam Gift is very similar to sending a gift to someone; just that once it is traded that user can then either trade it again, or open it for themselves. There are no restrictions on territory.

Does Steam Trading mean I can sell my used games?

No, only games that have been bought as a gift, and thus have never been played, can be traded. Once the Steam Gift is opened and added to your game library, you won’t be able to trade it again.

How do I see my Inventory on the Steam Community?

Once you have opted in to the Steam Trading Beta, you can select Community in the Steam client, then on the right is a link to View Inventory.

Who can see my items?

Your inventory obeys your existing regular privacy settings – public, friends only, friends of friends, or private.

Who can I trade with?

Right now you can initiate a trade with anyone in a Group Chat or on your Friends List who has also opted into the Steam Trading Beta.

How is this different from trading in Team Fortress 2?

We’ve improved the display of changing which items are in the trade, and significantly increased the number of items that can be traded in one session. We hope these improvements will help with confusion or users trying to deceive others in the trade.
    I have ideas for other things in Steam that can be traded. How do I give that feedback?

We’ve set up a forum thread here where you can post all feedback relating to the beta.

I have found a bug in Trading, how do I report that?

Please report all bugs in the same forum thread for giving feedback. Please click here to go to the thread. We will be actively reading the thread during the beta.

I think I just lost items in a trade! What do I do?

You’ll need to Contact Steam Support and create a new ticket. Please include your account name or a link to your Steam Community profile in the Support Ticket, as well as all the details you can remember from the trade. It will also be helpful to include a list of items that you have lost, a link to the Steam Community profile of the user that you traded with and the date and time of the trade.

What’s this new Friends Tagging feature?

It’s not related to trading, but in this new Steam Client is also a new feature to help you organize your friends list. You can right-click on any friend and select ‘Tag As…’ to choose a category for them. Friends can be tagged in multiple ways, and will show up then several times in your friends list, once for each tag.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6748-ETSG-5417

Prisca on
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Well how about that.

edit: having pondered this for 10 seconds, I have decided that this is going to be pretty nuts.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    Hmm.

Maybe I can trade some hats for a Red Orchestra 2 pre-order?

• Options
    HOLY FUCKING SHIT ON A GODDAMN STICK YOU CAN NOW TAG FRIENDS TO ORGANIZE YOUR FRIENDS LIST (in this beta)

STEAM

I LOVE YOU

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    so I seem to have started a bit of an argument vis a vis mirror's edge by saying it sucks big balls. I rented it for 360 back when it came out and as soon as it got shooty stopped playing cause the shootyness was terrible. so many people here are saying it's good and you can blow by that stuff that I figured maybe I should give it another look. Turns out it's 4.99 on Origin today so I caved and bought it... on origin. :\

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I got Terraria, and preordered Rock of Ages. I love anything that hybrids action and strategy, but Rock of Ages appears to add a special blend of WTF.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    I played through Mirror's Edge multiple times without ever firing a gun. Never felt the need to.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    You're terrible, HT, but we forgive you.

The Newell is not pleased, though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    wait wait wait
    new steam client beta?

*installing*

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Okay so after posting my "holy cow" post I went and tagged my entire friends list. That took... 20 minutes. Yikes. Well, now it's all done, unless they wipe it out when this graduates from beta (I would be pissed). Penny Arcaders make up almost half of my friends list! You guys all rock.

• Options
    Did steam just liken their in game content to trade, to scraps of carpet and old bottles?

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Morkath wrote:
    Did steam just liken their in game content to trade, to scraps of carpet and old bottles?

Well I dunno about you but I'm not getting rid of my old bottle hat or scrap of carpet misc item for TF2 for nothin.

• Options
    Morkath wrote:
    Steam makes many jokes.

• Options
    Wait so... I can trade in gift copies of games for... games?

Really?

• Options
    This is trading amongst Steam users, not trading with Steam itself.

• Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Morkath wrote:

Uncle Enzo would like a word with you about your performance.
    It's Cosa Nostra

Nah, he meant the Spanish mafia.

• Options
    Drake wrote:
    This is trading amongst Steam users, not trading with Steam itself.

Yeah, I just noticed that you are right. This means I still have copies of Deathmatch Classic, HL2 Deathmatch, Cogs, Counter-Strike, and Team Fortress Classic, and I just can't get rid of them.

Anyone want them?

This discussion has been closed.