As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

hasty [chat]

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote:
    Man the pax forum is really abusing the shit out of the awesome reports.

REPORTED FOR AWESOME

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Preacher wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Yeah, getting strawmanned into being an elitist snob is getting really old in this conversation Chanus.

In other news, oh god I slipped a little with my sword oil when I was just cleaning. My hands REEK of cloves.

I'm just highlighting this post, because no matter what I can do, I can never make Inqi sound worse than he already does to himself.

It was the only way to best you at your own game!

And so your journey to the dark side is complete.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Oh and product placement. So fucking awesome. Whole thing right there. Aw yeah.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Actually, you know what I hate vis-a-vis saving?

Any game that has "save anywhere" but doesn't have autosave.

Because then I end up playing for an hour without realizing I've been playing for an hour, forget to save, and then yell and curse when I die.

Heck, if a game has "save anywhere" plus autosave, I end up just using the autosave 99% of the time anyway.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Chanus wrote:
    Preacher wrote:
    Man the pax forum is really abusing the shit out of the awesome reports.

REPORTED FOR AWESOME

I mean there is a report for awesome about the weather, so I figured "Oh ok this must be a good post about the weather in seattle for the weekend." No its just moe saying someone else is good at saying what the weather is.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Drez wrote:
    Chanus wrote:
    Variable wrote:
    there are obviously terrible choices in save point placement in lots of games

but the only answer isn't 'save whenever I want, always, at no cost'

Why not?

It allows you to play the game on your super-cool "hard mode" and me to play on my laid-back "easy mode" that way.

Because the developer has a right to control your experience. Part of that experience is contributed to by the save system. For instance, Dead Rising's save system contributes to the overall tension. Same as in the Resident Evil series.
    I can understand the developer wanting to control my experience, but I want that same control. I want to have fun, and to me save points are annoying, not fun.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Winky wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Winky wrote:
    Insufficient codpieces.

I'm really pushing for a blatant codpiece on my fencing outfit. The lady keeps shooting me down though.

Real men fence in only blatant codpieces.

And not for protection, but because their massive junks would get in the way of their fighting.

I think that I should get one large enough to parry attacks with.

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Pony wrote:
    i lost my taste for RDR during the mexico campaign
    when John sorta absently agrees to help a bunch of banditos round up womenfolk for gangraping purposes

nope sorry game

you can ask a lot of me but that's where i am going to walk away

so i never finished the single-player

the multiplayer is p fun though
    The Mexico stuff made me set the game aside for like a year.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    they seem to be awesoming things that they want people to see

there was one about the pax ap being finished

I see what they're going for but I don't think that's the purpose.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote:
    Variable wrote:
    Chanus wrote:
    Variable wrote:
    there are obviously terrible choices in save point placement in lots of games

but the only answer isn't 'save whenever I want, always, at no cost'

Why not?

It allows you to play the game on your super-cool "hard mode" and me to play on my laid-back "easy mode" that way.

can you stop acting like I'm acting superior? I don't think I've done that at all.

and my answer is because I think it's acceptable for someone making a game to try and dictate the difficulty to some degree. have some level of control over how the game flows.

Yeah, I don't hate save points. I only hate them when they're (1) right before cutscenes and (2) not immediately before any boss battle.

Also when you inadvertently save in a Final Fantasy game past the point at which your party can no longer explore the world but rather has to face the final boss and end credits.

• Options
    Feral wrote:

Because then I end up playing for an hour without realizing I've been playing for an hour, forget to save, and then yell and curse when I die.

Heck, if a game has "save anywhere" plus autosave, I end up just using the autosave 99% of the time anyway.

Dragon Age Origins would screw me like that. Because autosaves were just at scene transitions and sometimes I'd be playing poorly and oops I died to some bullshit chain stun and LOL you have to do it ALL OVER AGAIN!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Feral wrote:

I think the first stalker was like this. I got super sucked into the game the first time I played it, I think I seriously played for about three hours. Then I died. Got sent back to the very start of the game. Didn't play it again.

Winky: ARGH your existence just reminded me of wakfu!

• Options
    SparvySparvy Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Wait what the fuck, Deus Ex seems to have been taken off steam here! :shock:

Oh wait its there, just completely removed from the front page

Sparvy on
  • Options
    I acutally just recently picked up and finished Dead rising 2, despite disliking the last 29 hours of the game.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Pony wrote:
    when John sorta absently agrees to help a bunch of banditos round up womenfolk for gangraping purposes

nope sorry game

glad I'm not the only one!

most times when I say this people are like "oh whatever dude it's a game who cares"

I care!

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    If you don't allow quicksaves in your games you get sent to that circle of hell where you wade neck deep through boiling shit and 90% of the way through someone goes "ooh! you almost made it out but woops go back 1500 years".

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    TL,DR wrote:
    Also when you inadvertently save in a Final Fantasy game past the point at which your party can no longer explore the world but rather has to face the final boss and end credits.

Solution: don't play Final Fantasy.

trollface.jpg
    No really I dislike final fantasy

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote:
    Feral wrote:

I think the first stalker was like this. I got super sucked into the game the first time I played it, I think I seriously played for about three hours. Then I died. Got sent back to the very start of the game. Didn't play it again.

Winky: ARGH your existence just reminded me of wakfu!

STALKER did that to me too. I actually played like the first half hour of that game like three times in a row before I learned to love the F5.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote:

Yeah

I recently did this in F:NV, where I ran clear across the wasteland, hunting critters and doing quests and stuff, but didn't trigger an autosave for like 80 minutes because it was all outdoors and I wasn't fast traveling.

Then a deathclaw came out of nowhere and killed me.

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    what a long tiring day.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    We tasting VSes, Very Special cognacs since GSes / Now we lean in Louis sneakers and CLSes

• Options
    Pony wrote:
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Pony wrote:

nope sorry game

glad I'm not the only one!

most times when I say this people are like "oh whatever dude it's a game who cares"

I care!

Well, I'm scratching that one off the backlog list. Thanks for the warning!

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote:
    Pony wrote:

nope sorry game

Umm... I don't remember that part, at all. Perhaps because I never turned subtitles on, and I don't speak Spanish? I was going for a more authentic experience.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    I also stopped playing at that point, Pony.

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    TehSloth wrote:
    Clearly the answer is to allow you to save whenever you want, but it costs a consumable in order to save like it used to in Resident evil.

fuck. that. noise.

you end up going 2 hours without saving because it's easy and then WHOOPS SUDDENLY A BOSS FIGHT

dead.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I honestly do not remember that portion of Red Dead Redemption at all.

Are you certain you didn't just wildly misinterpret something?

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    wtf I don't even remember that part!

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    mexico was the best damn part of the game!!!

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    On the PC at least, BioShock 2 only autosaves at the beginning of a map.

Guess who discovered this when he was about to move on to the next map and the game crashed?

8-)

• Options
    The only thing I can remember is that Mexico was beautiful with the color saturation turned all the way up.

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    The mexio bit was all kinds of dumb.
    Hey el-marsden, do all this shit, I swear we won't betray you.
    LOL WE BETRAYED U TROLL LOL LOL LOL LOL.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Feral and my uncle are like, verbally tag-teaming me on Facebook. Playing off each other's insults.

*flips table*

• Options
    I liked the Mexico bits. I feel like if the game dropped off anywhere it was near the end. I personally wasn't a fan of the ending either, but also fully understand that I am in the intense minority in this position.

• Options

A quick googling tells me that no, Pony isn't misinterpreting.

• Options
    On the PC at least, BioShock 2 only autosaves at the beginning of a map.

Guess who discovered this when he was about to move on to the next map and the game crashed?

8-)

i quit bioshock 2 when i decided it was a terrible game

so about 30 minutes in

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Damnit Chu!

*mutter* settle down.

┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I go to nap. I go to war.

• Options
    Feral wrote:

A quick googling tells me that no, Pony isn't misinterpreting.

Can you linky? Because I'm baffled.

• Options
    Organichu wrote:
    Feral and my uncle are like, verbally tag-teaming me on Facebook. Playing off each other's insults.

*flips table*

Chu, I have nothing but respect for your spirit animal.

1273046866405.jpg

• Options
    the ending of RDR was awesome. it was totally a classic western movie ending

919UOwT.png
This discussion has been closed.