As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

hasty [chat]

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    At least the earthquake will distract the news from the travesty of justice in the strauss thing.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    The quake disrupted a news conference on the Dominic Strauss-Kahn affair given by Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance.

"To deprive a defendant of his liberty, guilt has to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt," Mr Vance said.

"For generations, this standard has protected... What's happening?... The whole building's shaking... Okay, okay, I've been through earthquakes in Seattle... Slowly, slowly, don't rush."

Don't worry guys, Best Coast has your back.

So, the coast of the States bordering the great lakes?

(Because Kim Jong Il has taught me Best = North)

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    Chanus wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    Chanus wrote:
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    Ludious wrote:
    Because you played it on a console which got it first. The true believers waited for the pc release, quizzy

you pc jerks got a bonus special skill and matching achievement, we don't have to take any gall from you

"Guff"

"Gall" is different word.

no, I meant gall

InigoMontoya.jpg
    noun
    impudence; effrontery.

Yeah, but no one uses it like that!

Look! A unicorn!

/runsaway

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Feral wrote:
    spool32 wrote:
    Feral wrote:
    I honestly do not remember that portion of Red Dead Redemption at all.

Are you certain you didn't just wildly misinterpret something?

A quick googling tells me that no, Pony isn't misinterpreting.

Can you linky? Because I'm baffled.

http://www.giantbomb.com/red-dead-redemption/61-25249/

It's not quite right.
    The mission is presented to you as attacking a rebel stronghold. And you do attack and kill a number of rebels. When the mission finishes, the Army begins to round up the women. Marston asks what's going on, they tell him the women will be raped, and Marston is disgusted.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Aww yeah, Faxanadu. <3

• Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    the new Deus Ex OST is basically Mass Effect. I like.

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    The quake disrupted a news conference on the Dominic Strauss-Kahn affair given by Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance.

"To deprive a defendant of his liberty, guilt has to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt," Mr Vance said.

"For generations, this standard has protected... What's happening?... The whole building's shaking... Okay, okay, I've been through earthquakes in Seattle... Slowly, slowly, don't rush."

Don't worry guys, Best Coast has your back.

So, the coast of the States bordering the great lakes?

(Because Kim Jong Il has taught me Best = North)

Michigan is pretty awesome.

I mean, minus the urban centers.

And the quaint, northern racism.

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Aaaaaah fuck you excel!

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    Why can't we ever talk about the game I didn't like in DR 2? No no we have to talk about legitimately awesome games you all are just bad at.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote:
    Ludious wrote:
    I was just able to slide my wedding ring off and back on for the first time in two years.

I'm buying some stock in Crisco.

This insult can be taken in several different ways. It's beautiful.

• Options
    ="Aaaaaah fuck you "&B1&"!"

• Options
    Ludious wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Ludious wrote:
    I was just able to slide my wedding ring off and back on for the first time in two years.

Chu has a way of looking at things...

• Options
    Hero Core had some quite excellent bleeps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMjjSHp8iiM

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Feral wrote:
    spool32 wrote:
    Feral wrote:

It's not quite right.
    The mission is presented to you as attacking a rebel stronghold. And you do attack and kill a number of rebels. When the mission finishes, the Army begins to round up the women. Marston asks what's going on, they tell him the women will be raped, and Marston is disgusted.
    And at this point Marston says "Well see if I ever do anything else for you" and that is the end of the game

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote:
    Ludious wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Ludious wrote:

one sided? Squinty? monoscopic?

• Options
    Ludious wrote:
    Chanus wrote:
    Ludious wrote:
    Organichu wrote:
    Ludious wrote:

one sided? Squinty? monoscopic?

Chu provoked these attacks, that justifies their usage.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Ok, one more post. Now this game is a pretty weird one for the series (though I love it) but god damn did it make the most of the awesome sound hardware in the Genesis.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote:
    Oh my god. Faxanadu. I played the shit out of that game.

That was an awesome game.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Faxanadu was really weird.

But awesome.

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    I fucking hate optical illusions. It makes me feel like my brain is actively trying to deceive me.

• Options
    I remember a children's show were a guy would summon two children me typing "QWERTYUIOP" on his computer. The children would tell him a story, then he would dismiss them by typing "POIUYTREWQ".

• Options
    I fucking hate optical illusions. It makes me feel like my brain is actively trying to deceive me.

Me too "Is that a girl or a guy? Fuck you adrogyny!"

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote:

Me too "Is that a girl or a guy? Fuck you adrogyny!"

Never posting mugshots again. :(

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Feral wrote:
    spool32 wrote:
    Feral wrote:

It's not quite right.
    And at this point Marston says "Well see if I ever do anything else for you" and that is the end of the game

You know, I can understand where you're coming from. I don't think that's really being fair to the story or the character, but if it bugged you that badly I don't blame you for putting it down.

However, I detect a subtext here wherein you are judging those who played on as the sort of people who don't have a problem with it. That's not really a fair position, and I hope I'm reading you wrong.

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote:
    Why can't we ever talk about the game I didn't like in DR 2? No no we have to talk about legitimately awesome games you all are just bad at.

I like DR2 OK. The running around crap at the end was kind of lame, but yeah, it was good times overall.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote:
    Thomamelas wrote:
    Feral wrote:
    spool32 wrote:
    Feral wrote:

It's not quite right.
    Then you miss your chance to kill the Captain and the Colonel.

• Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Ooh, Rango arrived in my Lovefilm pack today. :)

Watched the other day

Absolutely awesome film. Makes me respect Depp again.

• Options
    ="Aaaaaah fuck you "&B1&"!"

Haha nailed it.

• Options
    Preacher wrote:

I like DR2 OK. The running around crap at the end was kind of lame, but yeah, it was good times overall.

I hated how they threw so many missions at you I couldn't ever just explore the damn area. And despite having a huge variety of weapon available to make, you only needed the boxing knife gloves and the nail baseball bat.

That and despite it being a sequel they really didn't improve shit from DR1 and added a lot of garbage.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    I GISed "puppy girl" because I wanted to look at cute things, and puppies and girls can both be cute

that was, um, a bad idea

• Options
    Preacher wrote:
    Preacher wrote:

I hated how they threw so many missions at you I couldn't ever just explore the damn area. And despite having a huge variety of weapon available to make, you only needed the boxing knife gloves and the nail baseball bat.

That and despite it being a sequel they really didn't improve shit from DR1 and added a lot of garbage.

In a normal frame of mind, I agree with you. I just get all retarded when I play those games and kill zombies and find bosses that eat my face and make AK wheelchairs and and and and...

For all my bitching about lost progress, I love the idea that you can fuck up so easily and massively in dead rising.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    PS3 had some great things going on with the score. Like the overworld music would add a new instrument to the same general theme song every time a new character was added to the party. Or the battle music varied depending on how tough the monsters were for your current level.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    See I just couldn't ignore the survivors, so I ended up doing every dumb mission, killing all the psychos, despite them getting retarded attacks and my dude dealing really shitty damage, etc etc. Also the ending was like 8 flavors of insulting. It actively shit on my face.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    I GISed "puppy girl" because I wanted to look at cute things, and puppies and girls can both be cute

that was, um, a bad idea

:lol:

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    @Styrofoam Sammich You coming to PAX, homeslice?

• Options
    Thanatos wrote:

Nah he's got social anxiety issues, he'll remain in bellingham.

I think I'll be able to do your happy hour thing depending on when AH and his wife hit town.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Oh hey, the Astros have been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:

Nah he's got social anxiety issues, he'll remain in bellingham.

I think I'll be able to do your happy hour thing depending on when AH and his wife hit town.
    Hawtness. Bring AH and his wife.

• Options
    Preacher wrote:
    See I just couldn't ignore the survivors, so I ended up doing every dumb mission, killing all the psychos, despite them getting retarded attacks and my dude dealing really shitty damage, etc etc. Also the ending was like 8 flavors of insulting. It actively shit on my face.

Totally fair. There's just some magic in there that lest me look past all that bullshit. Hell, I loved the first one, and the bullshit in that game was off of the cha---

Don't cut me off like that! It's rude!

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Drez wrote:
    TehSloth wrote:
    TehSloth wrote:
    Clearly the answer is to allow you to save whenever you want, but it costs a consumable in order to save like it used to in Resident evil.

fuck. that. noise.

you end up going 2 hours without saving because it's easy and then WHOOPS SUDDENLY A BOSS FIGHT

dead.

Yeah, I was trying to go for facetious there in pointing out possibly the worst saving mechanic since passwords.

Re: RDR

I also do not remember that part at all.

It's bad, and I don't like it, but it is undeniable that the fact that you can only save in certain rooms adds a totally different element of tension to the game that would otherwise not exist if you could save just anywhere.

Saving in certain rooms is a-okay.

Having "save ribbons" IS NOT OKAY.

I think the best system is a combination of the two.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.