War... war never changes...
The Fallout Thread
This is the new thread for all things Fallout-related, but it's mostly to discuss Fallout: New Vegas.
Fallout 1, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics
can all be purchased from Good Old Games (gog.com). If you don't have them, what are you waiting for?
Fallout: Van Buren... doesn't exist. Sadly. It looked pretty sweet, too.
Fallout 3 can often be found sold as a GOTY edition sale of some sort.
Fallout: New Vegas Story DLCs:
* Dead Money - Chris Avellone
is purposefully trying to dick you over in this DLC. At least it has great characters and a good story. Plus, you get 37 Gold Bars to feed to THE WALL.
* Honest Hearts - Zion is beautiful. The Survivalist Story is awesome. But the main questline is short.
* Old World Blues - The best Fallout DLC so far. Has a lot of humor, but all the enemies are bullet sponges
* Lonesome Road - The final "main" DLC ties up the long-awaited storyline between the Courier and the enigmatic Ulysses. It's linear, the floor is almost always tilted for some reason, and it has diverging dialogue depending on your faction affiliation.
My personal recommendation for purchase:
Buy Old World Blues first, then it's a coin-toss between Dead Money (more story-driven) and Honest Hearts (more open-world, better gear overall). Get Lonesome Road only if you have purchased the other three DLC.
Also, two mini-DLC packs were released on SEP 27:
* Courier's Stash - Gives you all 4 pre-order DLCs, at a low price. Miss out on the pre-order content? Now's your chance to get your very own Canteen. Or Weathered 10mm Pistol. Or something.
* Gun Runner's Arsenal - Adds a TON of fun new weapons and ammo to the game, as well as a lot of crazy challenges (fight a Deathclaw with the weakest pistol in the game? I'm there!). Well worth the price of admission.
Umm. War... war never changes? Who knows what's on the horizon for the Fallout franchise? If you know, then let me know, so I can update this thread.
The latest news is that Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate edition is now out on Steam. No new content, but you get all 4 story DLCs, and you get the Courier's Stash and the Gun Runner's Arsenal. It's basically all of New Vegas without the collector's edition stuff.
As for the retail versions -
Latest news from Bethesda:
We’re pleased to announce the Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition will be available in retail stores across North America on February 7th 2012 and throughout Europe on February 10th. The Ultimate Edition comes complete with all of the game add-on content for Fallout: New Vegas – Dead Money, Honest Hearts, Old World Blues, Lonesome Road, Courier's Stash, and Gun Runners' Arsenal.
What I do know is that New Vegas is done
, according to Jason Bergman. No more patches, no more DLC. Now we wait with bated breath for the next Fallout game.
Mods are AWESOME!
i here u liek modz. here r sum modz. (shamelessly ripped off from Elderlycrawfish, dj.subversive, and others)
But there are many terrible mods on New Vegas Nexus
. Where do I go to find mods that don't involve porn/hentai/anime/Naruto/furries/poop? Well, we have a handy list of mods right here, just for you. Note that I may sound a bit sarcastic for some of these descriptions, but I wouldn't put them up here if they weren't recommended by a few PA forumers. Although I refuse to put up the uterus-eating mod. Yes, this was a thing.
(credit (?) to OpposingForce for documenting it in all of its glory)
But Hahnsoo1! I don't want to sift through all of those mods! I'm lazy. And I can't read.
Fine! Sheesh. The TL;DR version of Must-Have Mods:
- To manage your mods
- To make sure your mods run properly
* 4GB Extender
- To prevent crashes
* DarNified UI
- To maek purty oowee (Installation Instructions
* Underground Hideout
- To Serve The Wall
Now, without further ado...