As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

City of Heroes: Freedom (probably nsf56k)

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Raneados wrote:
    the clockwork stuff is free if you bought going rogue 8-)

but I didn't, geebs!

I DIDN'T

BUT IT USED TO BE FREE

wonder what happens if I unlock a character with those pieces already on

It didn't used to be free. It used to cost a monthly fee.

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    What tier is it that unlocks a persons IO's?

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    Raneados wrote:
    the clockwork stuff is free if you bought going rogue 8-)

but I didn't, geebs!

I DIDN'T

BUT IT USED TO BE FREE

wonder what happens if I unlock a character with those pieces already on

It didn't used to be free. It used to cost a monthly fee.
    wellllllll kind of

when I had it, I had been invited back by the game because I was a previous subscriber, so although it was free at the time, it's not something I can be genuinely upset about seeing as though it was a trial offer

ain't gonna stop me though pfft

nuuurrrrrrggghhhh

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    27 tokens

• Options
    edited October 2011
    27 tokens

Can reward tokens be purchased with Paragon Points bought in their store or are they earned via VIP subscriptions?

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    I should log in and check these things out instead of filling this thread with my questions.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    This post took me so long to put together like last year I saved it

There's more alts now but ain't got the time atm to add em in
    Behold: The Encyclopedia Scooterica!

First off, of course is Scooter. Force Field superspeedster mutant, uses his powers for fame and celebrity. (FF/Energy Defender)
    Scooter1.jpgScooter2.jpg

The Shining Spirit, former cop and martial artist who was given mystical artifacts by her master, giving her great speed, strength, regeneration, and flashy yellow skin whenever she puts them on. (MA/Regen Scrapper)
    Shining1.jpgShining2.jpg

The Sable Spirit, (non-identical) twin sister of Shiny. Born with the mutant powers of psionics and blue skin, she never quite cut it as a hero until joining with the Warshade Sabelion. (Warshade)
    Sable1.jpgSable2.jpgSable3.jpg

The Aegis Phantom, a disciple of the Japanese mystic school known as the Path of the Living Light. She summons light elementals to fight by her side, and can manipulate light as if it were a solid object. (Illusion/FF Controller)
    Phantom1.jpg
    Phantom2.jpg

Nordic Golem, a Viking smith who was tricked into creating a cursed axe, and was then murdered by it, transforming him into a mindless stone golem. After his axe was recovered from a collection of Hellion artifacts, he has since done the bidding of Power's Allegory. (Stone/Axe Tank)
    Nordic1.jpg
    Nordic2.jpg

Lady Threnody, Praetorian of Operative Threnody. Born into a family of privilege and powers, she always wanted powers of her own. Unfortunately, the doctors she hired to give her cybernetic upgrades went far further than she had agreed to, losing most of her limbs, skin, and organs in the process. Humbled by her loss, she joined the Resistance to fight against those who believe in power at all costs. (Elec/Elec Dominator)
    LadyThren2.jpg
    LadyThren1.jpg

Lady Parabellum, trained to be an assassin from birth. She fled her order after being upset at being unable to choose her own targets, and has become a vigilante so that she can kill without worrying too much about her conscience. She loves to shoot things, and she is very, very good at it. (DP/Psi Blaster)
    LadyPara2.jpg
    LadyPara1.jpg

La Espina, a Columbian mutant born with great control over plant life. She was 'bought' at a young age by the drug cartels to create faster-growing, more potent crops, and later to act as an assassin. She became a free agent mercenary after Hollywood Nocturne killed her bosses, but has never enjoyed her life of crime and is working to redeem herself. (Plant/Thorns Dominator)
    Espina1.jpg

Alraune (aka "Blind Al"), a Germanic archer who was promoted to the ranks of the Valkyries in death. However, she wouldn't shut up about how the Valkyries ought to be doing more on Earth to help the mortals, and was eventually blinded, bound with Fire Giant chains, and banished for her annoyances. Someone must've liked her, though, as she can now sense her targets with even greater accuracy, and even control the flames. (Archery/Fire Blaster)
    Alraune.jpg
    Alraune2.jpg

Shapshu was once a fire sorceress, until she was chosen to become the avatar of the Canaanite Sun Goddess. For centuries she has done her bidding, and these days is investigating why an avatar of Lotan has become active in the Rogue Isles. (Fire/Thermal Controller)
    Shapshu.jpgShapshu2.jpg

By day, he is a mild mannered President.
    B-Rock1.jpg

But by other times of the day...
    B-Rock2.jpg

He. IS. B-ROCK SUPERALLAH!
    B-Rock3.jpg

Sarah Helms has been many things in her life. She was once the Battle Medic, a pacifist healer, but after being abandoned to a 5th Column prison for several weeks, she turned to a life of vigilantism and psychosis. First in Paragon (AR/Dev Blaster):
    H-Judgment3.jpgH-Judgment1.jpgH-Judgment2.jpg

Then in the Rogue Isles, after forcing a few minor gangs to aid her at gunpoint (Thugs/Traps MM):
    V-Judgment1.jpg
    V-Judgment2.jpg

However, after spending a few weeks in the hospital and losing her eye in a fight with a future Lord Recluse, she came to terms with her life and re-devoted herself to heroism as a Longbow Warden (MA/Shield Scrapper):
    Ward-Justice.jpg

Overlord Slider is the Praetorian version of Scooter. Instead of turning his force fields to defend others, he focused them on turning himself invincible. Like Scooter he desires adoration and power, unlike Scooter he enjoys causing pain to get it. (Energy/Energy Brute)
    Slider2.jpgSlider1.jpg

Splendid Spirit is the Praetorian version of Shining Spirit. Also a PPD veteran, she instead took her artifacts from her master and turned him in for being resistance. Her artifacts are slightly different, and instead allow her to move more swiftly through time as she fights. (KM/WP Scrapper)
    Splendid1.jpgSplendid2.jpg

Operative Threnody always wanted powers, and volunteered for an Arachnos Super Soldier power to get them, in the form of Sonic abilities. However, her program's funding was cut, her powers taken, and she was reassigned to the Blood Widows. Angered by this, she now pushes the limits of her authority to take back as much power as she can get. (Widow)
    Op-Threnody1.jpgOp-Threnody2.jpg

Lotan, an avatar of the Canaanite serpent God of Sea and Storms. Lotan was annoyed by the presence of the Coralax in his oceans, and sent his avatar to learn more about them, and destroy them if necessary.
    Lotan1.jpgLotan2.jpg

Huntress Fenja, a Nordic Frost Giant who has long hated mankind. She fights now for Arachnos as they value combat and warfare, but she existed before them and expects to exist for long after. (Bane Spider)
    Fenja1.jpgFenja2.jpg

Hollywood Nocturne, former black ops agent turned mercenary. He lost all sense of patriotism after killing many considered to be heroes in southeast Asia and South America, and went freelance. His powers come from a variety of sources gathered by Malta, and allows him to convert himself to a form of black smoke, giving him the ability to fly, regenerate, and create concealing clouds. (Merc/Dark MM)
    Hollywood.jpg

• Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    I had fun playing my energy/devices blaster. Good ol' Boom Box.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I think one of my favorite characters was a villain named The Infamous Heir and he was a little chinese kid whose mobster parents had been killed by his extended family and so he wasn't going to get any of his parents cash or power

so he and his team of ninjas set out to be crime lords

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    I have no clue how to get the character creator to do anything interesting

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote:
    I have no clue how to get the character creator to do anything interesting

See that button marked "Random"?
    Never touch it. Ever. It's a terrible thing.

• Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    remember when a bunch of us all were different fast food/breakfast cereal mascots in this game

that was a pretty good time

I still have pictures of it somewhere in my photobucket

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Wait can you have multiple costumes?

• Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    yarp

• Options
    Oh damn yes

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote:
    Wait can you have multiple costumes?

Yeah, you've been able to before this Freedom shit.

You unlock slots at level 20, 30, and 40. During the Halloween event you can get special salvage that can be turned into a slot. You can unlock or buy a bunch more, though.

You can also have two different builds you can switch between, but that has nothing to do with costumes.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I think it may have been a GnT thing but I remember a bunch of us made guys with letters on their chests and spelt something out. I feel like it was in protest of something

• Options
    Dear NCsoft customer support, please respond to my ticket so I can play with some sweet CoX. Thanks

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    so does it matter whether we go hero or villain? I hope not.

• Options
    T4CT wrote: »
    so does it matter whether we go hero or villain? I hope not.

Matter in what way?
    City of Heroes and City of Villains have basically been one game for a while now

• Options
    It matters if you wanna team up with people.

Heroes don't team up with Villains except during special times

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    sexy times

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    You can be

Hero
    Villain
    Rogue
    Vigilante

and <20 Praetorians can be
    Resistance Crusader
    Resistance Warden
    Loyalist Responsibility
    Loyalist Power

• Options
    Kwoaru wrote:
    sexy times

catwoman-8-666x1024.jpg

• Options
    Scooter wrote:
    You can be

Hero
    Villain
    Rogue
    Vigilante

and <20 Praetorians can be
    Resistance Crusader
    Resistance Warden
    Loyalist Responsibility
    Loyalist Power

Whats the difference between a Rogue and a Vigilante?

• Options
    Rogues can join Villain SGs, and do missions based around working for cash

Vigilantes can join Hero SGs, and do missions based around letting people get hurt/do hurting in the name of the greater good

• Options
    Going to make a Vigilante

• Options
    Bucketman what the hell

• Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote:

Mind if you want this

A) have access to the alignment system (be a VIP or buy it with funbux)
    B) make a hero
    C) get to 20
    D) do some Other Stuff

You can't make a Vigilante or Rogue out of the box

• Options
    the graphics are artifacting haaaaaaardcore once i get into the game

I don't understand why

not like this Macbook CAN'T run it

• Options
    What macbook do you have T4CT

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • Options
    13 inch Macbook Pro from last September

• Options
    Can my 5-year-old IBM ThinkPad run this

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Macro9 wrote:
    27 tokens

Can reward tokens be purchased with Paragon Points bought in their store or are they earned via VIP subscriptions?

they're earned with both

once a month you get a token, and every...$15? maybe? you spend in the store you get a token.

and that's cumulative, so if you buy money on three separate occasions and it eventually adds up to that, you get a token

• Options
    aaaa deciding on a character

my fire/sd scrapper feels an awful lot slower than my fire/sd brute did if the brute has any fury at all coming into a fight

he's only level 7 though so I assume there's some reason later on for everyone being like "scrappers better than brutes beep beep beep"

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    yeah, most things take a bit of work before they get to where they need to be to be awesome

• Options
    disappointed that you can't join chat channels until you have paragon tier 4 rewards

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Ledneh wrote:
    Bucketman wrote:

Mind if you want this

A) have access to the alignment system (be a VIP or buy it with funbux)
    B) make a hero
    C) get to 20
    D) do some Other Stuff

You can't make a Vigilante or Rogue out of the box

Although some of the new starting Hero content lets you make some choices that are a little morally iffy.

Like icing a bad guy instead of taking him alive at the end of an arc and stuff.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    yeah, most things take a bit of work before they get to where they need to be to be awesome

v_v

e: I just meant at equivalent levels

I'm assuming the scrapper pulls ahead of the Brute later, not just Gets Better

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I dunno man.. brutes feel like scrappers that can take a punch.

Andrew Ryan on
    Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak