As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

In an absolutely stunning twist, there's going to be a GTAV

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Man it was just the other day I mentioned to my boyfriend that I was surprised that a new Grand Theft Auto wasn't being worked on.

Maybe I have superpowers!

Mention to your boyfriend that you're surprised that there isn't a new and good System Shock being worked on

Please

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    I think GTA IV is a superior game to Red Dead Redemption in tone and characters. I hated RDR's ending.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    Pharezon wrote:
    I think GTA IV is a superior game to Red Dead Redemption in tone and characters. I hated RDR's ending.
    Having heard what was going to happen, I had a save right before the last mission, played it to see the end, then just went back to that save. Didn't want to play as his stupid brat son - even if there is basically no difference.

t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    In Mass Effect I just tend to be paragon, although there are renegade interrupts that are just too funny to pass up. But generally, I go paragon unless I think someone's being an asshole. But I did enjoy making myself go full renegade and seeing just how hideous I looked by the end of the game (fuck the med bay upgrade, keeping dem scars).

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Pharezon wrote:

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I rolled Paragon all the way through but I picked every Renegade interrupt because, well, they're great

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Pharezon wrote:

You are fucking wrong

In other news: I hope the protagonist is a woman this time

They already did a black man, Rockstar ain't afraid of nothin'

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Mysst wrote:
    Pharezon wrote:

I prefer the deconstruction of the american dream to the death of the frontier.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Olivaw wrote:
    Pharezon wrote:

You are fucking wrong

In other news: I hope the protagonist is a woman this time

They already did a black man, Rockstar ain't afraid of nothin'

Run around shooting everybody straight in the dick.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    woman protagonist is too conventional

you have to think radical

new protagonist is going to be a pony

Brolo on
  • Options
    It'd be a neat move but I think Rockstar know their target market too well to risk having a woman main character

I remember reading with sadness some of the responses to the No One Lives Forever franchise, including people who literally took the game back and complained that they'd been "saddled" with Cate Archer

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Edcrab wrote:
    It'd be a neat move but I think Rockstar know their target market too well to risk having a woman main character

I remember reading with sadness some of the responses to the No One Lives Forever franchise, including people who literally took the game back and complained that they'd been "saddled" with Cate Archer

UNF ARGH RAGE

NOLF WAS SO GOOD

CATE ARCHER WAS SO RAD

CURSE YOU MANCHILDREN

• Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    Slumdog Millionaire made me want GTA: Asia

Then there was Just Cause 2

A Eastern Europe one would be cool, with like a Moscow but alto stupid mountain towns and a Chernobyl and stuff

tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Edcrab wrote:

Wow.

• Options
    StaleghotiStaleghoti Registered User regular
    And they could have a mission where you drive some shit like this

Sa-4.jpg

tmmysta-sig.png2wT1Q.gifYAH!YAH!STEAMYoutubeMixesPSN: Clintown
    Dear satan I wish for this or maybe some of this....oh and I'm a medium or a large.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    God damn it

I couldn't remember where I'd read that specifically (although it was cited in a Contract J.A.C.K preview in PCG years ago) so I Googled it

And... and found something else I'd dared to forget, something else that makes me hate everything

t9xzn.png

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    The poor straight male.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    They should do London again. GTA now is nothing like it was back when GTA2 came out.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Pharezon wrote:
    Mysst wrote:
    Pharezon wrote:

I prefer the deconstruction of the american dream to the death of the frontier.

The end of GTA4 is great

The end of Red Dead Redemption is perfection

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Seriously, Bully 2 anyone?

• Options
    Edcrab wrote:
    God damn it

I couldn't remember where I'd read that specifically (although it was cited in a Contract J.A.C.K preview in PCG years ago) so I Googled it

And... and found something else I'd dared to forget, something else that makes me hate everything

t9xzn.png

practically my favorite post ever

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Mysst wrote:
    Mysst wrote:
    Both San Andreas and GTA IV have problems with the story they were trying to tell being adversarial to the world the story exists in. They wanted to tell a serious story with exaggerated, often stereotypical, yet 'real' people, but they were putting them in Vice City's world, and it breaks it. I want to take CJ's journey seriously, I want to explore Niko's life transition, but as soon as you throw on a jetpack or walk into a store called tw@t, you've broken consistency. You're going to MacDonalds drivethru in a Lamborghini.

Red Dead Redemption was perfect, because everything was consistent. The only way GTAV has any chance of being 'better' than SR3 is if they take themselves seriously, and even then it'll be the same game on opposite sides of the spectrum. They really aren't comparable anymore, however, so oneupmanship isn't even an argument. They cater to different tastes, and should.

GTA4 and San Andreas had their problems but your complaints never even registered for me. No issues whatsoever with a serious story in a mocking world, sorry dude!

And if they aren't comparable anymore then there should be plenty of room for both.

there is room for them both. why wouldn't there be room for them both?
    Mysst wrote:
    I think there's room for both, as long as GTA takes itself seriously instead of having internet cafes that are dirty puns

I'm just saying theres room for them both with the way GTA is now, even if you don't care for it is all.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Janson wrote:
    Seriously, Bully 2 anyone?
    I never got to finish the first one.

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Mysst wrote:
    Mysst wrote:
    Both San Andreas and GTA IV have problems with the story they were trying to tell being adversarial to the world the story exists in. They wanted to tell a serious story with exaggerated, often stereotypical, yet 'real' people, but they were putting them in Vice City's world, and it breaks it. I want to take CJ's journey seriously, I want to explore Niko's life transition, but as soon as you throw on a jetpack or walk into a store called tw@t, you've broken consistency. You're going to MacDonalds drivethru in a Lamborghini.

Red Dead Redemption was perfect, because everything was consistent. The only way GTAV has any chance of being 'better' than SR3 is if they take themselves seriously, and even then it'll be the same game on opposite sides of the spectrum. They really aren't comparable anymore, however, so oneupmanship isn't even an argument. They cater to different tastes, and should.

GTA4 and San Andreas had their problems but your complaints never even registered for me. No issues whatsoever with a serious story in a mocking world, sorry dude!

And if they aren't comparable anymore then there should be plenty of room for both.

there is room for them both. why wouldn't there be room for them both?
    Mysst wrote:
    I think there's room for both, as long as GTA takes itself seriously instead of having internet cafes that are dirty puns

I'm just saying theres room for them both with the way GTA is now, even if you don't care for it is all.

they were, originally, the same kind of game appealing to similar demographics. this has changed, however, and if GTAV takes itself more seriously, the differences would be great enough to almost completely dissolve competition.

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    All this game needs is a sequel to The Serrated Edge.

Estelle needs to get back in my life.

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    I'm still pushing for GTA Chicago. All the radio stations would talk about how shitty our sports teams and mayors are

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    sorry chicago already got

C8ZNW.png

no more video games about you until someone else gets a turn

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Man morals in a video game. I remember the first KoTOR being a right douchebag through the entire game, then at the end making the wookie kill the twillek girl even though they were best friends, because the wookie has sworn a life debt to me. My God, it was probably the most glorious "evil" decision in any game I've played.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Janson wrote:
    The poor straight male.

I don't think I get enough representation.

• Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    Futore wrote:
    so any news on when that State of Emergency 2: Elevated Threat game is coming out?

State of Emergency 2 came out five years ago. It was fantastically terrible and, thankfully, nobody bought it.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    When I saw the logo, the first thing I thought was wall street, which would mean Liberty City again, which I wouldn't be super into.

I'm hoping for Baltimore. And you're Omar.

Basically I want Grand Theft Auto: The Wire.

sig.gif
  • Options
    oh man

that would be pretty great

• Options
    Seriously just rip off the entire character of Omar wholesale, name him Homer or something, as thinly veiled a rip-off as they can manage. I will play that.

sig.gif
  • Options
    press a to rip
    press l trigger to run
    tap x to smooch your boyfriend

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    You play as Omar's boy lover. They do not have the honey nut?

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Equip shotgun. Walk to low-rises. Hang out for a minute.

Pick up drugs and money. Leave. Mission complete!

sig.gif
  • Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    grand theft auto: sVeden

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    yo, cousin, when you finish off a box, text me and hollar on it!

• Options
    It's all in the game.

sig.gif