As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Vote the SHIT out of this election

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    This coming election there is only one critical piece of legislation on my mind.

I WANT HARD BOOZE AT COSTCO!

Look at what Shorty and As7 have clarified about the initiative in question.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Futore wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:
    This coming election there is only one critical piece of legislation on my mind.

Your costco doesn't have liquor? It has to be its own separate building, but our costco has boatloads of liquor. Really cheap place to get 1.5L of some pretty premium brands, too

I AM CONFUSED AND ANGRY. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO PURCHASE A $2 HOTDOG & SODA COMBO IN ADDITION TO A BUCKET OF RUM!!!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Futore wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote:

Your costco doesn't have liquor? It has to be its own separate building, but our costco has boatloads of liquor. Really cheap place to get 1.5L of some pretty premium brands, too

Shocking news, different states have different laws regarding the sale of liquor.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:

Shocking news, different states have different laws regarding the sale of liquor.

shocking news

all of your gay

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    I've never encountered a law that prevented me from buying alcohol

yay florida

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote:

yay florida

ever tried to buy it on sunday morning before football?

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Druhim, I am young and hectic in my decisions. The only tomorrow is one filled with Costco buckets of rum.

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote:
    Jasconius wrote:

yay florida

nope

but i don't drink that much so

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote:
    Bedigunz wrote:
    The only election I care about is the one where @Zonugal made a guy kill himself.

Throwing out the term "made" a little bit strongly there...

indirectly drove?

I'm not good with synonyms

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    murdered then covered up

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Bedigunz wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:
    Bedigunz wrote:
    The only election I care about is the one where @Zonugal made a guy kill himself.

Throwing out the term "made" a little bit strongly there...

indirectly drove?

I'm not good with synonyms

Yes, let us make a timeline/chart of the indirect factors that drove him to that decision. I am sure we as a people are capable of such a task...

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:
    Jasconius wrote:
    HINT: any place more than 45 minutes from a major city is full of angry insane white people

Even in Jamaica!?!

yes

zKePv.jpg
    I just wanted to post this because I love Trading Places

• Options
    FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    Dru, I was more secretly bragging to Zon than anything. I'm very aware of the stupid state of state-by-state liquor laws.

Also what pip said

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    PiptheFair wrote:
    Jasconius wrote:

yay florida

Pip, you should be at church on sunday morning, not boozing it up!

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    Futore, how dare you brag to me!

I'll make you drag for me!

• Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote:
    Zonugal wrote: »

Look at what Shorty and As7 have clarified about the initiative in question.

We have hard booze at our Costcos.

t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote:
    Druhim wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:

shocking news

all of your gay

All of my gay?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    I'm sorry Zonugal. Can we still be bros?

Please don't say no

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Bedigunz...

You have my sword.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    And my donge

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    You're all a bunch of alcoholics.

Keep on keepin` on.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    You're all a bunch of alcoholics.

Keep on keepin` on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVwR0rw5fk

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    The only election commercials I've seen are the ones for opening liquor sales outside of the state stores, so I think everyone's nothing but alcoholics.

• Options
    Good Looking Fat GuyGood Looking Fat Guy West Hartford, CTRegistered User regular
    edited October 2011
    I don't think there's any ballot initiatives here in Connecticut. There is elections for the state legislature and municipal elections. We don't only have mayors here, some of the smaller towns have things like First Selectman or Town Manager, who generally serve in the same capacity as a mayor.

I do research the candidates, but I am an unapologetic liberal and almost always vote Democratic.

Coincidentally, Issue 2 gets talked about here a bit due to Quinnipac University doing a poll in Ohio asking citizens there about Issue 2. In case you put any consideration into polls, the vote is 57 to 32 percent in favor of rejecting Issue 2. I think that essentially means if people voted this way, issue 2 would be defeated. Issue 2 was an initiative to uphold Ohio's Senate Bill 5, which removed some collective-bargaining rights for workers in state and local government.

I would vote against issue 2 if I lived in Ohio. Sorry, Ohioans.

If I have anything wrong, let me know. The reason I bring this topic up although I don't live in Ohio is because they tried to pull something similar here, but it was voted down by the legislature.

The unions' rights issue is quickly becoming a national one, please take heed.

P.S. Connecticut also has a law banning alcohol sales in stores on Sundays. Repeal dat sumbitch!

Good Looking Fat Guy on
  • Options
    It just occurred to me that there might be an election next month

I thought this was about the presidential primaries or something

but hey look its november

I haven't voted since 08 so I don't know

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Futore wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:

In Washington, hard liquor can only be sold at state-run stores.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Zonugal wrote:
    Futore wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:

I AM CONFUSED AND ANGRY. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO PURCHASE A $2 HOTDOG & SODA COMBO IN ADDITION TO A BUCKET OF RUM!!!

I highly enjoy a plain cheese Costco pizza.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Huh. I can't find anything on I-1183 in my voter's pamphlet.

Time to wade through the bullshit.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    When we changed our hot dogs to ones that weren't kosher to keep them $1.50 you should have heard the wailing and crying from some of the members. Of course my building is in south florida, so I might have a different demographic than most, but it was certainly hilarious to watch.

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I am just going to sit here and bite my tongue on that one.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    The Geek wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:
    Futore wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:

I highly enjoy a plain cheese Costco pizza.

Oh my lord, they are some kind of wizards with their pizza .

• Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    The only strict alcohol laws we have in California involve drinking and driving
    No open containers anywhere in the car
    And it is illegal for anyone under 21 to drive with any amount of alcohol in their blood

But there are no restrictions on selling it that I know of

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    Krieghund wrote:
    When we changed our hot dogs to ones that weren't kosher to keep them $1.50 you should have heard the wailing and crying from some of the members. Of course my building is in south florida, so I might have a different demographic than most, but it was certainly hilarious to watch.

Well, it is a very important part to the belief systems of an entire religious group...

ETqXK.png
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Oh I know. It was more that they thought we owed it to them that I found hilarious. Kind of like when corperate found out our building didn't use the two different opening times for the different kinds of memberships. So all of a sudden gold stars weren't allowed into the building at 10:00 am anymore like the executive members were. OMG the bitching and moaning. Priceless. And now we are back to everybody in at 10:00 am again. Until an auditor notices again.

• Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote:
    Futore wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:

you have to go to ikea for this sorry

at least you'll get an extra hot dog out of it

A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Tonkka wrote:
    I did not know this. I guess I have some reading to do.

both yes and no campaigns will lie to you

the yes campaign claims that a yes vote will result in savings for the consumer and increased revenue for the state

the no campaign claims that they are just defending our communities, that privatized liquor will automatically result in children getting hammered all over the damn place (they notably neglect to mention that by "children" they mean "adults who aren't quite old enough to buy alcohol but can pass as such")

the reality is that the vast majority of both campaigns are funded by business- pro by costco, con by an amalgam of beer and wine distributors (they don't want to have to compete with hard liquor distributors for shelf space in grocery stores)

the stranger has been covering this really well

and say what you will about their general liberal bias, but they have historically been very vocal advocates of privatizing liquor

here's their most relevant bit: http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/straight-up/Content?oid=10214077

• Options
    The Geek wrote:
    Futore wrote:
    Zonugal wrote:

In Washington, hard liquor can only be sold at state-run stores.

i'm done with seattle!

A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    Krieghund wrote: »
    Oh I know. It was more that they thought we owed it to them that I found hilarious. Kind of like when corperate found out our building didn't use the two different opening times for the different kinds of memberships. So all of a sudden gold stars weren't allowed into the building at 10:00 am anymore like the executive members were. OMG the bitching and moaning. Priceless. And now we are back to everybody in at 10:00 am again. Until an auditor notices again.

Or not so much that you owed them, but that paying customers were letting Costco know they weren't happy with the change. You know, valuable feedback for a business.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Druhim you sure do provide a lot of people with valuable feedback around these parts

• Options
    Shorty wrote:
    Tonkka wrote:
    I did not know this. I guess I have some reading to do.

both yes and no campaigns will lie to you

the yes campaign claims that a yes vote will result in savings for the consumer and increased revenue for the state

the no campaign claims that they are just defending our communities, that privatized liquor will automatically result in children getting hammered all over the damn place (they notably neglect to mention that by "children" they mean "adults who aren't quite old enough to buy alcohol but can pass as such")

the reality is that the vast majority of both campaigns are funded by business- pro by costco, con by an amalgam of beer and wine distributors (they don't want to have to compete with hard liquor distributors for shelf space in grocery stores)

the stranger has been covering this really well

and say what you will about their general liberal bias, but they have historically been very vocal advocates of privatizing liquor

here's their most relevant bit: http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/straight-up/Content?oid=10214077

Yeah everything I've read sounds like that, except I have not read anyone claim that booze will be cheaper, just more conveniently available. Ther revenue for the state seems pretty well researched, so there's that.

I'll read that article in the meantime and hopefully come to a decision.