As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Community: Season 4 Premiere February 7, Old Timeslot

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote:
    pitch: Nathan Fillion plays Jeff's awesome older brother, who is a pilot and is handsome and everyone likes more than Jeff

Screw a cameo, make that the series.
    I watch Castle for no reason other than Fillion.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    I think Fillion just shows up to stuff on that lot and hangs out with people. Or he's friends with all the cool people in Hollywood.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Toldo wrote:
    Any idea how the writers will make Jeff stay at Greendale for more than four years if the show makes it that far?

Easy. The show is called Community, not Greendale. The characters can have normal lives after graduating with the show continuing with that "community".

• Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    useless4 wrote:
    UM. what is that? is he guesting?

Castle/Community crossover. It's a two part special!

• Options
    useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    Still hoping for a parks and rec quick cross over.

• Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    Toldo wrote:
    Any idea how the writers will make Jeff stay at Greendale for more than four years if the show makes it that far?

Easy. The show is called Community, not Greendale. The characters can have normal lives after graduating with the show continuing with that "community".

I "pitched" this on another forum:

Troy and Abed buy a bar to make an in-show split off and everyone else joins the split off.

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I think Fillion just shows up to make love to the Community table.
    Or he's friends with all the cool people in Hollywood.

This is a fact. He's in Joss Whedon's circle of friends IIRC. Which includes Alyson Hannigan, Colby Smulders, Amy Acker etc.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    He's showing Alison the hammer

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    I think Fillion just shows up to make love to the Community table.
    Or he's friends with all the cool people in Hollywood.

This is a fact. He's in Joss Whedon's circle of friends IIRC. Which includes Alyson Hannigan, Colby Smulders, Amy Acker etc.

I wonder how Pudi and Glover would do delivering some Whedonesque lines.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    The_TuninatorThe_Tuninator Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Fillion is friends with Joel McHale and just started watching Community a day or two ago; he apparently fell in love with the show, which would explain that picture. He's now a huge fan, so he's excited to be on-set.

Also, consider this Tweet from Fillion in response to Alison Brie:

@alisonbrie: @NathanFillion Yay! Come visit more often!” I'll be right back. Gotta learn a 5 page scene."

Fillion cameo? I mean, it's inevitable he'll get one sooner or later, but getting one quickly could a) be awesome and b) help some Firefly fans realize what they've been missing.

The_Tuninator on
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Maybe Fillion can motivate a horde of Firefly fans to watch Community, boost the ratings when they return.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    With the Firefly suicide pact in place maybe he is coming on as himself?

• Options
    RhalloTonnyRhalloTonny Of the BrownlandsRegistered User regular
    So, best case scenario- when would we be able to watch the new episodes?

!
  • Options
    Today.

Oh, you meant a realistic best case scenario.

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    I'd say next season. Maybe the over the summer. At the absolute soonest toward the end of this season.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    My guess? first week of April after the Feb sweeps.

Or as early as two weeks from now when 30 Rock gets slaughtered by American Idol next week. 1.8 for a season debut is pretty harsh. I think Community coming back would at least garner a 2.0

• Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    Fillion is friends with Joel McHale and just started watching Community a day or two ago; he apparently fell in love with the show, which would explain that picture. He's now a huge fan, so he's excited to be on-set.

Also, consider this Tweet from Fillion in response to Alison Brie:

@alisonbrie: @NathanFillion Yay! Come visit more often!” I'll be right back. Gotta learn a 5 page scene."

Fillion cameo? I mean, it's inevitable he'll get one sooner or later, but getting one quickly could a) be awesome and b) help some Firefly fans realize what they've been missing.

He's been tweeting about almost nothing but Community since he started watching. This can only be a good thing considering the new Castle fanbase. Having Fillion as a fan has the potential to do good things for Community.

W2tGk.png
    116906_la.jpg

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Nathan Fillion + Community

This is a real "You got chocolate in my peanut butter" moment for me.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    I think Fillion just shows up to stuff on that lot and hangs out with people. Or he's friends with all the cool people in Hollywood.

Wrong way. The cool people of Hollywood are friends with Nathan Fillion, thats why they are cool.

The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    SanderJK wrote:
    Maybe Fillion can motivate a horde of Firefly fans to watch Community, boost the ratings when they return.

That's what I'm hoping! Firefly fans are even more insane than we are.

I'd say next season. Maybe the over the summer. At the absolute soonest toward the end of this season.

Greenblatt (NBC programming head/director/whatever) has confirmed that Community will be back in the "spring", so take that as you will.

Some people (such as Todd VanDerWerff from the AV Club) think we may see The Firm moved off of Thursdays soon because it's bombing HARD, and have Community & Bent slotted in at 10pm and 10:30pm in its place.

The_Tuninator on
  • Options
    XaevXaev Registered User regular
    SanderJK wrote:

That's what I'm hoping! Firefly fans are even more insane than we are.

Can't I be both?

Steam - Lysus || XBL - Veax || PSN - Lysus || WoW - Lysus (Korgath - US) || Guild Wars - Lysus Yjirkar || Starcraft II - Lysus.781 || League of Legends - Lysus
    Feel free to add me on whatever network, it's always more fun to play with people than alone
  • Options
    Alison Brie was on The Nerdist tonight. She seemed very awesome. Revealed she was a drama nerd in high school. That the cast are friends are real life. She also loves horror films.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    If there was any doubt that the cast is friends in real life, let it be dispelled by this awesome, awesome video. I apologize in advance for making you love Alison Brie even more than you already do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-gAzcCKr9c

The_Tuninator on
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Joolander wrote:
    pitch: Nathan Fillion plays Jeff's awesome older brother, who is a pilot and is handsome and everyone likes more than Jeff

That would add more of a justification as to why Jeff is the way he is. Surely, he will play a character that overshadows Jeff in some way.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    Jeff honestly doesn't need any more family members to explain why he's the way he is; his intense father issues already do this perfectly adequately.

I think Fillion would be best deployed as himself, whether it be a la the LeVar Burton guest star episode or as Nathan Fillion teaching a class at Greendale.

• Options
    AgesAges Registered User regular
    I always pictured Jeff as an only child. Or at least his mother's only child -- which would explain why he got so much attention growing up and why he depends on it so much as an adult.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    If Scott Baio can't be Britta's cool christian supportive father, then FIllion could be her down to earth brother who's everything Britta isn't. He can be called Bradley.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    The Britta angle would make more sense. Her character does need to be fleshed out some more. There can also be a scary moment between him and Jeff if he finds out that they were sex buddies.

Krathoon on
  • Options
    To be honest, I'd rather not have an older sibling who's like another one of the characters but just cooler/more awesome in every way on the show; I feel that's a rather tired and somewhat overused trope.

Honestly, I think the most humor potential for a Fillion cameo/guest spot comes from him playing himself, given that Troy and Abed are professed Firefly fans.

• Options
    To be honest, I'd rather not have an older sibling who's like another one of the characters but just cooler/more awesome in every way on the show; I feel that's a rather tired and somewhat overused trope.

Honestly, I think the most humor potential for a Fillion cameo/guest spot comes from him playing himself, given that Troy and Abed are professed Firefly fans.

That. Or it would be amazing if they had Fillion come on, work in a whole bunch of references and have neither troy nor abed realize who he is.

• Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Nappuccino wrote:

That. Or it would be amazing if they had Fillion come on, work in a whole bunch of references and have neither troy nor abed realize who he is.

He could be there in disguise...
    NathanFillionnathan.jpg

• Options
    Darkest Timeline Nathan Fillion? Take all my goddamn money, right now.

• Options
    VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    They have too much goddamn fun in (and out of) this show.

CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
  • Options
    community-x_final.jpg

Should have seen the Dean angle sooner.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    haha chang's tail fell off

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    That is one badass picture, though I still think I might have preferred the Dean as Prof X. Still, in any case, damn badass piece of art and major, major props to the artist. Stuff like this is why I love the Community fandom.

Also, here's hoping The Firm gets pulled off of Thursdays by NBC tomorrow!

The_Tuninator on
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    So, best case scenario- when would we be able to watch the new episodes?

Best Case: Like @The_Tuninator mentioned, a couple weeks from now when NBC pulls The Firm from thursday and possibly replaces it with Community and another comedy series (which I guess would be this new Bent show). However, that's kind of sketchy because aside from a brief experiment early last season, 10PM is always a drama hour for NBC, and they've been holding onto the most acclaimed drama pilot of the season in "Awake," so I would imagine they'd rather get that out and center.

More likely case:Like @useless4 said, Late March/Early April comes around, winter sweeps are done, and newer series with short orders start to end or more slots have been created through cancellation.

And you might see them switch the night around, but they're not going to drop 30 Rock entirely just because American Idol crushes them.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    excellent video, Schrodinger, putting tea for two with the Abed song.

And of course boobatron would be a Britta and not an Annie.