As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] Sororitas wish they were packing Wych 'weapons'. (They're probably fake)

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Every criminal has an alias.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote:
    I think you called me 'Perth' at one stage in there.

Do you want me to go back and fix it?

Because if I go back I'm doing it over.

And I'll be annoyed when I redo it.

So you'll probably be called a pedophile.

Fair warning.

Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    hmmmm

maybe do it when you feel like just changing the mistake

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Anzekay wrote:
    hmmmm

maybe do it when you feel like just changing the mistake

Good call.

-edit- Fixed it for you. Sheesh.

TraceofToxin on
  • Options
    Some people. With their "Don't call me Perth." Geez.

Of course, we will probably find out later that calling someone Perth in Perth is some kind of insult one uses to indicate a deviance of some sort on the person so being called. Or something.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options

Of course, we will probably find out later that calling someone Perth in Perth is some kind of insult one uses to indicate a deviance of some sort on the person so being called. Or something.

In that case I should change it back.

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Rami wrote:
    How are their only 2 people in the UK, the home of grim darkness?

FACT: Most people in the UK do not have internet access, and communicate primarily through shouting at each other across muddy fields

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    It's true. It's where the term 'mud-slinging' came from, though it is unknown why the term slowly took on a derogatory meaning over time

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    Mystery.ShadowMystery.Shadow Registered User regular
    About any model that is large with lots of big spiky bits (like a Forge World Hive Tyrant with Wings) I transport in a hard-sided plastic box. I place the model on the bottom and fill the box with pieces of pluck-foam I've plucked from other Army Transport Bags. I've transported one of my Hierophants to an Apocalypse Game last weekend in this fashion with no damage.

WARNING! MMO Addiction can Prevent Long-Term Employment, a Meaningful Relationship, and Financial Independence. When's the Next Raid?

I Spent 90% of my Money on Women and Warhammer. The Rest I Wasted.
  • Options
    I reside in Cumberland, Maryland if you want to add me to the PA Warhams Map.

WARNING! MMO Addiction can Prevent Long-Term Employment, a Meaningful Relationship, and Financial Independence. When's the Next Raid?

• Options
    Had a Big Game where Imotek the Stormlord was present. The 4x6 table was crowded. REAL crowded. His frikkin Lightning and Night Fight rules were screwing with everyone. Including his Tau ally. In larger games, what's a fair way to keep models with such rules from ruining everyone's time?

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular

Naw it's just weird

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    About any model that is large with lots of big spiky bits (like a Forge World Hive Tyrant with Wings) I transport in a hard-sided plastic box. I place the model on the bottom and fill the box with pieces of pluck-foam I've plucked from other Army Transport Bags. I've transported one of my Hierophants to an Apocalypse Game last weekend in this fashion with no damage.

Yeah, I was planning on padding it out with pluck foam. But I was mainly looking for some way to get a battlefoam insert that will fit it. It's semi rigid foam anyway, so it should to as well as a plastic container. But their deepest pluck foam is 4", and I need 6", maybe even 6 1/2".

-Loki- on
  • Options
    I'll try to remember to add you next time I work, I'm about to get off and I'm tired as fuck.

• Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Had a Big Game where Imotek the Stormlord was present. The 4x6 table was crowded. REAL crowded. His frikkin Lightning and Night Fight rules were screwing with everyone. Including his Tau ally. In larger games, what's a fair way to keep models with such rules from ruining everyone's time?

Maybe on larger tables you can add a range to those types of abilities. Maybe about 24-36"? just and idea.

Though on a 6x4 table that's not a helpful.

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    Sharp101 wrote:

Maybe on larger tables you can add a range to those types of abilities. Maybe about 24-36"? just and idea.

Though on a 6x4 table that's not a helpful.

Was thinking perhaps a radius would be acceptable. But what radius is fair?

• Options
    ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Just a warning, if you add yourself, I'm probably going to change your entry to fit the vibe of the map.

Which is to say, I'm going to make up some random shit about you.

Extreaminatus, I'm adding you now. You too Anzekay.

I can't believe how horribly innaccurate what you put is.

I'm from Plano, not Allen.

IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Man the new LGS I've been going to is having an apoc game the day of my buddies bachelor party so I can't go.

Which is good, because the organizing TFG 15 year-old seriously got sad when I explained that IA2 fixes rules that are table-wide for apoc and limits them.

He wanted to take the necron guys so everyone would have to play on night fight and difficult terrain. In a fucking apoc game.

I'm not going within 20 miles of that one.

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    Anzekay wrote:

Naw it's just weird

Yeah, right.

Perth.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Whew. Finally finished my friend's commission. He had me paint up a bunch of chaos terminators he got off of eBay. Not included are five plastic ones that only needed retouching. The ones pictured, including six tiny metal termies, on the other hand, needed significant paintjobs done- only the skullfaced plastic terminator escaped a brand new paintjob from the bottom-up.

chaostermies.jpg

And yeah, that's a Blood Angel termie. Go figure.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    HOW DARE YOU! Brother Claudio, Blood Angel of Terminator Assault Squad Leodinus, is most certainly not a corrupted Chaos Terminator!

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Oh right. I kind of forgot to mention that one. I noticed it right away- a Blood Angels termie somehow snuck into the whole lot offa eBay. Fuck it, I guess. Haha.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote:
    So, Tyranid brothers, for those with forgeworld winged tyrants, how the fuck do you transport them?

I've been looking at pluck foam options from battlefoam, but their pluck foam only goes to a maximum of 4" deep. I then tried their custom tray creator, but they don't have a shape option for it.

Once I've ordered my Hormagaunt and Termagant trays, it's the only model left I'll have that I can't put in my case.
    Add me! I'm in Baltimore, MD! It's jawsome!

• Options
    saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    Damn I love this thread.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    whynot.jpg

• Options
    saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    What am I seeing? Did someone make that?

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    saluksic wrote:
    What am I seeing? Did someone make that?

Gather around the campfire, little children...

• Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    fuck you echo, seriously

dear god why

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    It's my fault SJ.
    I invoked the name. I bear responsibility for any of his dark and horrible works that are posted here now.

• Options
    AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    Desu Brigade RIP

ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    Oh man, rereading that thread.
    Ein wrote:
    ash1.jpg

ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Ah yes, Ein's backwards ork blob. I should tell him we're digging up mr boot on head.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote:
    So, Tyranid brothers, for those with forgeworld winged tyrants, how the fuck do you transport them?

I've been looking at pluck foam options from battlefoam, but their pluck foam only goes to a maximum of 4" deep. I then tried their custom tray creator, but they don't have a shape option for it.

Once I've ordered my Hormagaunt and Termagant trays, it's the only model left I'll have that I can't put in my case.
    Add me! I'm in Baltimore, MD! It's jawsome!

Strangest misquote ever?

• Options
    mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    -Loki- wrote:

I actually have two GW monster cases. Got them 50% off on black Friday at my FLGS. He fits in there standing up, along with three trygons, and some carnifexen.

E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    altmann wrote:
    Man the new LGS I've been going to is having an apoc game the day of my buddies bachelor party so I can't go.

Which is good, because the organizing TFG 15 year-old seriously got sad when I explained that IA2 fixes rules that are table-wide for apoc and limits them.

He wanted to take the necron guys so everyone would have to play on night fight and difficult terrain. In a fucking apoc game.

I'm not going within 20 miles of that one.
    Ughhhh, playing 2 crush apoc. I bet he put that on his Facebook

My waac "All I see are numbers!" buddy wanted to use that combination and I had to explain to him that even if it wasn't in the IA1.5 rules we'd have house ruled it.

E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    I'm just going to leave this here....
    ashgrade.jpg

• Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    The best thing is I've played so much apoc I know exactly how to react in that situation. Apoc is so broken for WAAC that the WAAC guys don't even see it.

I literally just deepstrike everything I have right into their superunits and take like 20 strategems and then "oh shit son, 40 orbital bombardments before you even start? Wait, what"

yeah, that's why you need to have basically an apoc GM.

Also, someone needs to jaws Echos last post right off the fucking forum.

Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    Space Marine: Dreadnought DLC impressions from Reddit:
    Personally, I played two rounds of it before I was completely fed up. My personal verdict: Do not waste your money. Here's the problem: People are dumb. People are dumb as goddamn bricks. Giving someone above average (not me, it was an enemy) the tools to go 49-0 for 10 minutes straight is not fun against a team full of average players. I understand it's fairly new, but it should be somewhat intuitive that a Lascannon does more against a dreadnought. I wasn't doing any discernible damage with any weapons I hit it with. I'm pretty sure I wasn't even able to melee it with my killing blow hammer? No hits registered on that. I even grabbed the health bar perk on a tac and tried to hit it with my vengeance launcher a few times and couldn't do anything to it. (by the way, the health bar is not accurate. It was at 50% on the bar but on the respawn it was at 88%.)

Maybe this will be fixed later, or maybe it'll be used in a more interesting game mode (Each team having a dread would be kind of cool) but for now I'm going to stay as far away from it as possible.

The mechanics of it: It's a capture point map with a dreadnought spawning for the team that holds the dreadnought spawn point, assigning it to a random player alive at the time on that team. The dreadnought is incredibly tough, has regenerating armor layer over health, and is equipped with an autocannon++ that annihilates infantry and a power fist that one hits people. It's super strong! Which is good. Except that it takes a whole teams focus to bring it down at a reasonable rate. Which is bad considering they still have a whole team worth of people running around the map and mucking up capture points while you have to deal with the dread. by the time it's dead, they are in position to take the new point while half your people are respawning.
    I'll probably end up buying it anyway, but it seems weird

E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    TRUE FACT: Desu Brigade were actually responsible for the Fall of the Eldar, the War in Heaven and the Horus Heresy

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    I forgot to add: That was brought to you by 'JamSessionEin'. Yeah. That long ago :P

This discussion has been closed.