As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] Sororitas wish they were packing Wych 'weapons'. (They're probably fake)

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    25th Anniversary Mini? For subscribers only, I presume?

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    ElderCat wrote:
    see317 wrote:
    mugginns wrote:
    Saw dis on Reddit: TlkIy.jpg
    K_A has moved into making his own titans?

You realize there are only like 5 people left in this thread that will get that right?
    There aren't enough fingerprints in the clay to be his handiwork.* :D

I hated on KA when hating people on the internet was cool.**
    **Do you remember when hating people on the internet was cool?***

Neither do I. :P

• Options
    FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    But his creations were monstrous, to be sure. Don't forget, more than once he drew anime eyes on paper, then glued them to the heads of his models.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    25th Anniversary Mini? For subscribers only, I presume?

Indications seem to be that it will be sold normally as a limited edition figure.

why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Because painting them, or drawing the eyes on the actual clay, would be a waste of his precious, precious art supplies. I'm trying to remember who on here was in his area and actually played against K_A's army, and reported him to be a much more normal person than his internet army presentation would imply.

• Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    Sharpe, I think

Maybe J

• Options
    TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    WHERE DID THE MAP GO OH GOD I'VE LOST IT.

I should update it.

Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.
  • Options
    mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    Sharp101 wrote:
    ElderCat wrote:
    see317 wrote:
    mugginns wrote:

You realize there are only like 5 people left in this thread that will get that right?

I didn't get it until this post.

I still tell people about those abominations but my words can't even begin to touch on how horribad that shit was.

I actually played a game against him. He was actually a very nice guy.

Eeek

Against the anime marines?

E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    WHERE DID THE MAP GO OH GOD I'VE LOST IT.

I should update it.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=200267120206349821633.0004b400a3dd6e6baf454&msa=0

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Oh hey, the sole change to Dark Angels in the new FAQ is to get rid of scoring landspeeders. Just now realized that.
    skarsol wrote:
    SJ wrote:
    Celebrating 25 years of WH40k!
    With a picture of Gandalf!
    Well it does have the 25th anniversary Mini in it, so it counts! :P
    What? What is this 25th anniversary mini that you speak of?

IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    The lack of people in Australia on that map makes me super sad.

Two people in Japan is kinda cool, though.

• Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    ElderCat wrote:
    see317 wrote:
    mugginns wrote:

But for those 5 people.... so good

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    SJ wrote:
    Celebrating 25 years of WH40k!
    With a picture of Gandalf!

Ya know, sometimes one gets the impression that the GW guys aren't the most focused bunch.

I too want to know what this anniversary mini is. Hopefully the Forgeworld guys will come out with something neat too.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    25th Mini:
    321083_sm-.jpg

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Meh.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I'll be buying that mini purely because that is my absolute favorite bit of GW artwork ever. When I was like, 9 and got into 2nd edition, I came across that artwork and wanted to buy that model.

Now I can.

• Options
    AsherAsher Registered User regular
    Point 1: OH MY GOD NOSTALGIA. I'm buying it! I'm buying it NOWWWW

Point 2: How I add myself to map?

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Since my FLGS seems to be proving itself unable to order my battlefoam trays, I'm going to have to deal with BF's 66% shipping cost over here.

At least I'll actually get my trays.

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Went over to the GW web site to see if the anniversary mini is there (it isn't). Saw the picture of the VC Crypt Horrors and decided they might make neato Grotesques or Wracks, then I saw that they're on 40mm bases, so that probably won't work out so well. Bummer, since they're rather cool looking (though pricy). Isabella Von Carstein might make for a Lady Malys though.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    That's actually a pretty sweet mini.

WHO WANTS TO BE ADDED TO THE FAWKING MAP??

• Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    I remember trying to get added to the map, but you couldn't be bothered to know that the lettuce capital of the world is Salinas, California. If lettuce doesn't do it for you we also have a lot of shootings.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Denada wrote:
    I remember trying to get added to the map, but you couldn't be bothered to know that the lettuce capital of the world is Salinas, California. If lettuce doesn't do it for you we also have a lot of shootings.

Oh, you're one of them.

Actually I emailed myself a list of people to add at work and I got distracted then I think I deleted the email.

So blame it on.... -loki-. That sounds good.

Fucking -loki-.

-edit-

You're on there... you disgusting fuck.

TraceofToxin on
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    daveNYC wrote:
    Went over to the GW web site to see if the anniversary mini is there (it isn't). Saw the picture of the VC Crypt Horrors and decided they might make neato Grotesques or Wracks, then I saw that they're on 40mm bases, so that probably won't work out so well. Bummer, since they're rather cool looking (though pricy). Isabella Von Carstein might make for a Lady Malys though.

Grotesques are on 40mm bases anyway I think; Crypt Horrors make pretty much perfect grotesques.

I was actually looking at Isabella for Lady Malys myself today, either that or the Lhamean model. Isabella is a pretty nice sculpt baring the face, but you can swap that out for a Wych head or whatever. Not exactly sure when I'd ever use Malys but I really dig Isabellas outfit so I may pick one up regardless...

• Options
    Wow a bunch of people added themselves... you guys have no sense of humor, except for Doom. I had to fix your entries because they weren't up to the map standards.

Updated. http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=200267120206349821633.0004b400a3dd6e6baf454&msa=0

• Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Well played, ToT. I will carve a lettuce-bullet with your name on it in your honor.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    How are their only 2 people in the UK, the home of grim darkness?

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Nax wrote:
    ElderCat wrote:
    see317 wrote:
    mugginns wrote:

But for those 5 people.... so good
    It's entirely ok if only a small handful of people are left who get this reference.
    We'll get together someday to drink lemonade and yell at neighborhood kids to get off the grass. Then we'll grumble amongst ourselves about the damned devil music and how kids these days don't respect their elders like they should. Maybe we'll menacingly shake our canes at the kids who won't stay off the grass.

Then we'll eat dinner at 4pm, and go to bed at 8, right after Matlock.

• Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    Sharp101 wrote:
    I actually played a game against him. He was actually a very nice guy.
    30 minutes later:
    I'm trying to remember who on here was in his area and actually played against K_A's army, and reported him to be a much more normal person than his internet army presentation would imply.

And people wonder why some worry about their posts on the bottom of a page :P

@muggins yeah, the Desu Brigade Imperial guard army. I think we played like ~750pts because that's all he had. I used my plague marines. I wish I took pictures :(

• Options
    Denada wrote:
    Well played, ToT. I will carve a lettuce-bullet with your name on it in your honor.

I can't think of anything funnier than imaging a bunch of neckbeard gamers as criminals. It just makes me laugh.

So most people end up as deviants or criminals of some sort.

It's less insulting than me just calling you guys fat, ugly, smelly or stupid.

• Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    That's actually a pretty sweet mini.

WHO WANTS TO BE ADDED TO THE FAWKING MAP??

Me? Newport News VA? USA?

• Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    None of the Toronto posters added a themselves to the map yet, so I added myself.

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    ElderCat wrote:
    see317 wrote:
    mugginns wrote:

I didn't get it until this post.

I still tell people about those abominations but my words can't even begin to touch on how horribad that shit was.

Oh man. The Desu Brigade. Those were the days.

makosig.jpg
  • Options
    Trying to work out how to add myself to the map, but not luck. D:

Perth, Western Australia.

• Options
    So, Tyranid brothers, for those with forgeworld winged tyrants, how the fuck do you transport them?

I've been looking at pluck foam options from battlefoam, but their pluck foam only goes to a maximum of 4" deep. I then tried their custom tray creator, but they don't have a shape option for it.

Once I've ordered my Hormagaunt and Termagant trays, it's the only model left I'll have that I can't put in my case.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Just a warning, if you add yourself, I'm probably going to change your entry to fit the vibe of the map.

Which is to say, I'm going to make up some random shit about you.

Extreaminatus, I'm adding you now. You too Anzekay.

TraceofToxin on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Just a warning, if you add yourself, I'm probably going to change your entry to fit the vibe of the map.

To be fair

Your changes are universally better than what I originally wrote.

kudos

• Options

Extreaminatus, I'm adding you now. You too Anzekay.

I play Tyranids. Also people at the GW I go to refuse to play me because I apparently turn every die I touch into a loaded die.

All I got

• Options
    Alright, map's updated. For now. Until you animals make me do it again. Also, gonna try to get the second page of the old OP back into this thread.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Denada wrote:

I can't think of anything funnier than imaging a bunch of neckbeard gamers as criminals. It just makes me laugh.

So most people end up as deviants or criminals of some sort.

It's less insulting than me just calling you guys fat, ugly, smelly or stupid.

"Wine-swilling Frenchmen." I love that one.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    I think you called me 'Perth' at one stage in there.

This discussion has been closed.