Options

[WH40K] Sororitas wish they were packing Wych 'weapons'. (They're probably fake)

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Still it was funny when I saw through the bizzare game he was playing and he told me to shut up

• Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Remember when the 40k thread was in D&D?
    Ein's stompa brought me out of lurkerdom and I've been here ever since. I think it helped that he was building the thing right when I was getting back into the hobby.

In more recent news, I had another game today! More De vs DE action. I did tons better taking down all of his venoms but man, beastmaster units are nasty. I fragged one with every missile my Razorwing had, killing like 75% f the unit. The remaining 25% then ate their way through the rest of my army.

Then I got home and my resin base order had arrived. That means one thing. I can begin work on my Necrons.

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    The thread I pulled that glorious image from was the old Tabletop thread in SE++.... Constant references to oDaM :P

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    So I'm guessing I'll need to wash resin bases and resin finecast with warm soapy water before i do anything else to them, right?

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I don't remember where it was but it was his Stompa that made me get back into 40k

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote:
    So, Tyranid brothers, for those with forgeworld winged tyrants, how the fuck do you transport them?

Incase it in Jell-O (gelatin, jelly, what ever you want to call it). Preferably Cherry.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    Nax wrote:
    I forgot to add: That was brought to you by 'JamSessionEin'. Yeah. That long ago :P

I could tell from his handwriting :lol:

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Ken O wrote:
    -Loki- wrote:
    So, Tyranid brothers, for those with forgeworld winged tyrants, how the fuck do you transport them?

Incase it in Jell-O (gelatin, jelly, what ever you want to call it). Preferably Cherry.

This plan has the added benefit of providing a snack at games. I see no flaws.

• Options
    Mystery.ShadowMystery.Shadow Registered User regular
    Tomanta wrote:
    Ken O wrote:
    -Loki- wrote:

This plan has the added benefit of providing a snack at games. I see no flaws.

The Tyrant would probably just nom nom nom his way out when it's game time!

WARNING! MMO Addiction can Prevent Long-Term Employment, a Meaningful Relationship, and Financial Independence. When's the Next Raid?

I Spent 90% of my Money on Women and Warhammer. The Rest I Wasted.
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Dayspring wrote:
    Nope! Because it started out in G&T? :D

I was one of the people who argued against the creation of Of Dice and Men and moving the warhams thread there, because I thought the loss of casual exposure would slow the thread to a crawl, and didn't see a dedicated gaming sum forum as getting much activity.

Okay, so I was a _little_ off on that... :lol:

• Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    Dayspring wrote:

You're thinking of the Anime thread, which was closed down and spawned Spoon. Warhams started in G&T and was closed down and moved here/ODaM.

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Dayspring wrote:
    Then I got home and my resin base order had arrived. That means one thing. I can begin work on my Necrons.

What'd you go with for Necron bases?

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    Dayspring wrote:

I was one of the people who argued against the creation of Of Dice and Men and moving the warhams thread there, because I thought the loss of casual exposure would slow the thread to a crawl, and didn't see a dedicated gaming sum forum as getting much activity.

I think the same argument was had on SA. They buried it in a few subforums now, but it is still alright. I doubt much casual exposure is had on this thread now because of all the phallas and rpg threads. At SA they have a subforum for just game discussions.

E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    Dayspring wrote:

Okay, so I was a _little_ off on that... :lol:

Oh you

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    So my wife is getting a new computer desk. Which is good, because she hated the old one that someone picked up for her at a garage sale.
    Now there is nothing wrong with her old desk. It's really clean, sturdy, and looks good. It was too modern looking for her or something like that.

Long story short, I get a painting desk! I'll post pictures next week once I get everything set up in my new space.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Nice! I just got a painting desk as well. I used to hunch over my little coffee table in the basement, now I'm all professional with a shelf for paints and all that

E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    Mystery.ShadowMystery.Shadow Registered User regular
    My painting desk is an old door placed over four old computer cases. I'll post pics when I get back home. I'm posting this from work. Shhhhhhhh! Don't tell the boss....

WARNING! MMO Addiction can Prevent Long-Term Employment, a Meaningful Relationship, and Financial Independence. When's the Next Raid?

I Spent 90% of my Money on Women and Warhammer. The Rest I Wasted.
  • Options
    I found a Space Hulk game on Android market last night: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.tresebrothers.games.templars&hl=en

E26cO.jpg
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Yea, that is from the guys who made the space hulk pc version. They had to change everything to keep it going.

Is a decent game, having to change everything let them expand it a bit.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    Dayspring wrote:
    G&T

But yes

The success of the 40k thread there was one of the principle reasons Tube finally gave in and made Critical Failures (Originally Of Dice and Men), if I remember correctly

• Options
    OgotaiOgotai Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    So I my first try at competitive 40k last weekend. The FLGS has a three round 2k tournement and 10 people showed up for it. I took my Templar list with 3 vindi's, 3 typhoons, two dreads, two 10man crusader squads in rhinos and a 6 man in a TLLC razorback, EC and Marshal.

Each game you could earn up to three points for completing missions (say killpoints, holding objectives, HQ near a point at end of game etc) and used victory points to do tie breaking.

First game was aginst a BA mostly DoA list. Mephy, dante, 2 sang guard squads, assault squad, 5 termies, and DC/DC dread in a Stormraven. He mostly piece mealed in and got blasted. Ended up with a single sang guard model left alive at the end of the game and I got all three points for the game, putting me in first after that round.

Second was vs DE with a jetfighter, 2 ravagers, arcon, hemonculi, incubi in raider, balster born in venom, 2 small wrack squads in venoms, and three witch squads in raiders. The missions for this game meant there were six objectives on the board, so I was going to be kind screwed. My ved dread (ML/TLLC) did get in combat with a fill strength wytch squad+hemonculi and had killed off everyone but the hemonculi by the end of the game. I got one point for winning kilpoints but he got two for winning the two objective missions, he beat me by about 200vp as well.

Third game was aginst the local henchman grey knights play so I was pretty much fucked from the start. I have to played this guy alot and only my guard have ever had a chance of even tieing a game. Then the game setup was short table edge to short table edge, with one of the missions beign having more units in your opponets deployment zone. He got first turn so deployed a wall of chimeras/redeemer/rhino/dreads across the table filled with DCA and a purifier squad. So I get one turn of shooting to try to make it though 3+ smoke saves to have a change of shooting the DCA befor they eat my entire army yet again. I didnt, so I got tabled, again. Vendicare actually failed to penetrate once on his 4D6, otherwise he did his usual job of exploding a tank a turn. My speeders failed to hit multiple times on rear armor shots on his dreads. Think I finally earned a few victory points on the last turn of the game when my EC took his libby down to one wound and my marshal killed 7/10 guys from an interceptor squad almost single handedly.

Ended up 5th place, after Deathwing+bikes (1st), DE that I played (2nd), Necrons (3rd), and the GK guy I played (4th). Below me was I think a Vanilla marine player, foot eldar list, another vanilla marine, deamons, and the BA guy in some order.

Ogotai on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Yeah, giving the Warhams a home of their own (I also argued against splitting 40K and FB into their own threads - I've got quite a track record) was one of the primary motivators to giving non digital games a home of their own.
    Sharp101 wrote:
    Sharp101 wrote:
    I actually played a game against him. He was actually a very nice guy.
    30 minutes later:
    I'm trying to remember who on here was in his area and actually played against K_A's army, and reported him to be a much more normal person than his internet army presentation would imply.

And people wonder why some worry about their posts on the bottom of a page :P
    -Loki- wrote:
    -Loki- wrote:

I've been looking at pluck foam options from battlefoam, but their pluck foam only goes to a maximum of 4" deep. I then tried their custom tray creator, but they don't have a shape option for it.

Once I've ordered my Hormagaunt and Termagant trays, it's the only model left I'll have that I can't put in my case.
    Add me! I'm in Baltimore, MD! It's jawsome!

Strangest misquote ever?
    Meh, my week has me working 8+hours in the office, and then spending pretty much another full work day on the phone with my counterparts in Japan, since their work day is starting just as the one here is finishing. There's a reason I browse the forums from work. :P I'm sure critical fatigue will lead to even more hilarity at some point in the imminent future.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yea, that is from the guys who made the space hulk pc version. They had to change everything to keep it going.

Not exactly, that is just a clone, the people that made the awesome PC port were http://teardown.se/ and they changed the name to Alien Assault. The odd thing about that was they had the permission of GW, but they ALSO had to get permission from THQ, who did not respond to their request.

IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    ElderCat wrote:

Not exactly, that is just a clone, the people that made the awesome PC port were http://teardown.se/ and they changed the name to Alien Assault. The odd thing about that was they had the permission of GW, but they ALSO had to get permission from THQ, who did not respond to their request.

Wait, they had the blessing of GW? You sure by 'permission' you don't mean 'cease & desist'?

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yes they had the blessing of GW, I was surprised too. But it didn't matter as I said since THQ would have also had to approve it since it was technically a PC game and THQ had the PC game distribution rights at that time.

IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    GW prolly just green lighted it because they knew THQ never would. /CYNICISM!

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    ElderCat wrote:

Huh, shit. Totally thought they were the same.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    So, TheLaw and I just had a Steam conversation

heLawinator: i got half of my present!
    Nax: Was it a punch in the dick? Thats what you deserve!
    TheLawinator: ohhhhhhhh
    Nax: I dunno why I said that. Im sorry
    TheLawinator: snaaaaaaaap
    TheLawinator: naaaaaaaaaax
    TheLawinator: with the funny
    TheLawinator: first attempt at humor
    Nax: FIRST EVER
    TheLawinator: is a miss but the effort is appreciated
    TheLawinator: gold star
    Nax: NEVER BEFORE HAVE I MADE FUNNIES
    TheLawinator: yep
    TheLawinator: anyway
    TheLawinator: squad of thousand sons!
    TheLawinator: SO NOW I HAVE TO ACTUALLY MAKE THAT ARMY
    TheLawinator: fuck
    Nax: TSons? Interesting
    TheLawinator: yep
    Nax: Ya know whats going to suck?
    TheLawinator: i've always had a background thing
    TheLawinator: of an early post heresy
    TheLawinator: thing
    Nax: when they release plastic TSons and you just have to throw those away
    TheLawinator: nope
    Nax: YOU WILL HAVE TO THROW THEM AWAY
    TheLawinator: gonna eat them and kill myself
    Nax: Well
    Nax: that works too
    TheLawinator: nom nomn nomonomnomono
    TheLawinator: man
    TheLawinator: fuck
    TheLawinator: thanks for the reminder
    TheLawinator: you douchebag
    Nax: What the fuck?
    TheLawinator: GW hates tzeentch
    TheLawinator: fuckem
    Nax: well yeah.. he's a fucking gay bird afterall
    TheLawinator: what
    TheLawinator: no
    TheLawinator: ha
    TheLawinator: jeez
    Nax: CAWCAWCAWCAW PLANS A' CHANGIN' CAWCAWCAW
    TheLawinator: see i never think of tzeentch as a bird
    TheLawinator: PROBABLY BECAUSE HE ISN'T
    Nax: Totally a bird
    Nax: pelican, probably
    TheLawinator: I never think of any of the gods as their greater demons
    Nax: ALBATROSS
    TheLawinator: cept nurgle
    Nax: I change to ALBATROSS
    Nax: See? Change? Tzeentch at work
    TheLawinator: too big for physical forms bro
    Nax: fucking burd
    TheLawinator: bro
    TheLawinator: fuck youyounyuoynujy hno
    TheLawinator: nkn
    Nax: lawl
    TheLawinator: they're gonna have such a great plastic kit
    Nax: Odds I am going to post this conversation in the forum: HIGH
    TheLawinator: jk they won't because they'll make a new bezerker and plague marine kit instead
    Nax: TSons? Yeah, they're going to have an aces plastic kit
    TheLawinator: nope
    Nax: in 2020
    TheLawinator: yea
    TheLawinator: we'll all be dead by then
    Nax: 5th wave 7th Edition Chaos Dex release
    TheLawinator: 7th?
    TheLawinator: pfft
    TheLawinator: the turnaround on these is getting shorter
    TheLawinator: by 2020 we'll be on 10th
    Nax: No, you see... 6th is going to be the epitome of rules design
    TheLawinator: until it isn't
    Nax: and it will be perfect... until 2020, when they will release a whole new $80 book to fix the single typo they made
    Nax: and the cover will be different
    Nax: so tricksy, that GW
    TheLawinator: and it will be on living paper
    TheLawinator: so you have to check it every day for new changes
    TheLawinator: SCREAMING PAPER
    TheLawinator: tzeentch!
    Nax: yeah, totally posting this now

• Options
    "CAWCAWCAWCAW PLANS A' CHANGIN' CAWCAWCAW" made me just spit coffee.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    altmann wrote:
    Man the new LGS I've been going to is having an apoc game the day of my buddies bachelor party so I can't go.

Which is good, because the organizing TFG 15 year-old seriously got sad when I explained that IA2 fixes rules that are table-wide for apoc and limits them.

He wanted to take the necron guys so everyone would have to play on night fight and difficult terrain. In a fucking apoc game.

I'm not going within 20 miles of that one.

The outrage over this combo is over-wrought. I've played with it and against it, and the difficult terrain is only on turn 1, and the lightning and night-fighting really aren't that miserable. It's one of those things where you remember the times it really screws you and forget the times it does almost nothing for the necron player (who isn't immune to the night fighting, btw)

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    altmann wrote:
    Man the new LGS I've been going to is having an apoc game the day of my buddies bachelor party so I can't go.

Which is good, because the organizing TFG 15 year-old seriously got sad when I explained that IA2 fixes rules that are table-wide for apoc and limits them.

He wanted to take the necron guys so everyone would have to play on night fight and difficult terrain. In a fucking apoc game.

The outrage over this combo is over-wrought. I've played with it and against it, and the difficult terrain is only on turn 1, and the lightning and night-fighting really aren't that miserable. It's one of those things where you remember the times it really screws you and forget the times it does almost nothing for the necron player (who isn't immune to the night fighting, btw)

That's a lot of dice to roll in an Apoc game, and with that many rolls, it'll probably screw over somebody. I'm not sure how much actual damage it'll cause, but it'll sure as hell suck the life out of the game.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    daveNYC wrote:
    altmann wrote:

That's a lot of dice to roll in an Apoc game, and with that many rolls, it'll probably screw over somebody. I'm not sure how much actual damage it'll cause, but it'll sure as hell suck the life out of the game.

The lightning is one die per unit, unless you hit (which only happens on a six). If you speed it up a bit by rolling maybe two at a time, you can plow through even a guard army pretty fast. The difficult terrain is hypothetically more dice but when stuff is mostly mech'd up or deep striking, it's still not a huge deal. There's basically one army it nerfs and that's leafblower, which is essentially going "oh he brought an unfun thing to kill my unfun thing? How dare he." It's also fair to note that it's an ablative tactic. What is "supposed" to happen is Orrikan's time thing is supposed to make your opponent hang back. It's a deterrent. The intention isn't that the guy plunges forward with his whole army and rolls dice for every man on the table.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say there's very little point in bringing him in games under 2000 points.

Imhotek is a walking strategem.He's 200+ points for what is essentially a normal necron with no meaningful wargear. The combo we're talking about is about 500 points. It's fine that Imhotek and the other necron generals designed to lead from the back (like, you know, generals) actually do something.

JohnnyCache on
  • Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    i don't even care about the power .

Do you really want to spend all day on an apoc game where it already takes fucking HOURS per turn, then add rolling night fight for every unit and difficult and dangerous for every unit?

fuck that. Plus, he's just doing it to be a douche. so fuck everything about it.

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    altmann wrote:
    i don't even care about the power .

Do you really want to spend all day on an apoc game where it already takes fucking HOURS per turn, then add rolling night fight for every unit and difficult and dangerous for every unit?

fuck that. Plus, he's just doing it to be a douche. so fuck everything about it.

Rolling 2d6 for the small set of things that shoot early in the game and are between the min and max for night fighting is not hard. Rolling difficult terrain for everything that chooses to move and is on the board in turn one isn't that hard. Most of the time it's vehicles so it's one die. The easiest way to skunk it is just go all in reserve and watch him make a fail face

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    I thought Writhing Worldscape applied to every turn

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    I thought Writhing Worldscape applied to every turn

it does, but by itself it only makes difficult terrain dangerous. Then, there's another character that makes the whole board difficult on turn one. Then there's another character who generates nightfighting with an occasional lightning strike. So you're 500-600 points into this combo.

• Options
    but points are irrelevant in an apoc game :P

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I thought they already has plastic TSons? Were they just plastic marines with metal bits?

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Nax wrote:
    but points are irrelevant in an apoc game :P

I guess if you're expressly playing an unlimited game, they are.

• Options
    In a normal game that combo is super annoying for, say, horde armies, where they're gonna lose 1/3 of their infantry on turn one because dude paid points for a combo.

E26cO.jpg
This discussion has been closed.