As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SW:TOR]: PvP Thread. Ilum, you are terrible.

• Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote:
    Is anyone else getting kicked to the character select when they take the queue for a warzone?

This happens to me constantly. I think it's tied to individual warzone queues, rather than per character, because I've seen this happen to like five people in the guild at once. We all get a queue for a new warzone, accept it, then five seconds later we're all logging back in from character select. The only thing I've found that works is just letting the queue pass you by, requeueing and hoping to get in the next one. It really, really sucks if you've already been waiting like a half hour for a game.

33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Riale wrote:
    It really, really sucks if you've already been waiting like a half hour for a game.

I don't know if it's different republic side, but for the sith, people get kicked when they queue up, and a warzone pops IMMEDIATELY. That's the sure sign of a bugged battleground that will disconnect you.

Happened yesterday, queued up with the boyfriend, instant pop, and I quickly told him, "Don't take that one!" He asked why not as he hit the accept button, and then I looked over at his character select screen and told him, "That's why."

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    That's not always the case. Quite frequently I'll get a literal instant queue pop that's just me filling for someone who has left an in-progress warzone. In fact, the last warzone I did before maintenance popped as soon as I clicked the button to queue, and I got in without any problems.

33c9nxz.gif
  • Options
    CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    plant 2 bombs (one got diffused from def zerg rush) on outside doors. slow people when we dash through blast. stunlock and then kill enemy allowing time for teammate to open bridge. bridge opens force slam 3 enemies off. plant another bomb. on final doors rushed through to hit the computer terminal.

Objective score: 0

whaaat? oh and mvp votes: 0. *sad face*

Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    Game should force you to choose an MVP.

PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    am0nam0n Registered User regular
    plant 2 bombs (one got diffused from def zerg rush) on outside doors. slow people when we dash through blast. stunlock and then kill enemy allowing time for teammate to open bridge. bridge opens force slam 3 enemies off. plant another bomb. on final doors rushed through to hit the computer terminal.

Objective score: 0

whaaat? oh and mvp votes: 0. *sad face*

This is why I will only PvP with people (and on vent). You get a guaranteed MVP and it makes coordination so much better. I used to hate Huttball. Now it's the only one I like, because coordination in Huttball can trump the fact I am undergeared (i.e. not in Full Champion gear yet).

• Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Solo: "I can't vote for myself? Why not? Forget it then" /leave
    In a group: Looks to see where the people I grouped with are in the list. MVP the healer.

I'm fairly certainly this is the thought process for a lot of people. Not everyone, of course. I've also seen MVP votes go to the Ops leader for trying his/her best to coordinate the team, despite having subpar numbers.

Decoy on
  • Options
    Decoy wrote:
    In a group: Looks to see where the people I grouped with are in the list. MVP the healer.

I'm fairly certainly this is the thought process for a lot of people. Not everyone, of course. I've also seen MVP votes go to the Ops leader for trying his/her best to coordinate the team, despite having subpar numbers.

I once scored 5 goals in huttball, unanswered, to help my team come back from a 4-1 deficit. I received 0 MVPs and the game said I received 0 points for Objectives. I was speechless. Mind you, it's a team game, but you'd think crossing the line 5x would be worth something.

• Options
    am0n wrote:
    Decoy wrote:

I once scored 5 goals in huttball, unanswered, to help my team come back from a 4-1 deficit. I received 0 MVPs and the game said I received 0 points for Objectives. I was speechless. Mind you, it's a team game, but you'd think crossing the line 5x would be worth something.

Fex, you, and me need to get on Vent and just chain MVP voting. Hah.

The whole "medals" thing needs to be better explained to me. I need to look and see if I can find a proper guide to it. Obviously it won't fix the bugs in it, but it'd be nice to know the specifics of what it's trying to do.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Ok, I found this after like 2 seconds of google-fu.

I spoiled the rank titles, just in case people don't want to know.
    Medals are basically repeatable achievements that give you extra Valor experience and Warzone Commendations once the Warzone ends. For each medal you earn you get 50 Valor experience and five Warzone commendations.

Medal Ranking:
    The Gold ranking is awarded for earning 6 or more medals during a match
    The Silver ranking is awarded for 3-5 medals
    The Bronze ranking is awarded for 1-2 medals

Announcements:
    Unbeatable announcement is unlocked if you earn 4 medals without dying.
    Invincible announcement is unlocked if you earn 7 medals without dying.
    Immortal announcement is unlocked if you earn 9 medals without dying.

Medals:
    Medic – 2.5k healing from a single heal
    Demolisher – 2.5k damage from a single attack
    Trauma Surgeon – 5k healing from a single heal
    Anihilator - 5K damage from a single attack
    Quick Draw – Getting a killing blow on one player
    Combatant – Dealing 75k damage
    Destroyer - Dealing 300K damage
    Healer - Healing 75K
    Savior - Healing 300K
    Defender – Earning 1k Defender Points
    Warden - Earning 3k Defender Points
    Assassin – Killing a player in a one-on-one fight
    Shield – 5k Protection
    Protector - 50K Protection
    Guardian – 2k Protection since last death
    Paladin – 10k Protection since last death
    Commando – Killing 10 enemy players
    Soldier – Killing 25 enemy players

Valor Titles: Every 10 ranks in valor will give you a new title -
    Note: Valor Rank 60 is required to open Battlemaster Bags
    Skirmisher – Valor Rank 10
    Duelist – Valor Rank 20
    Gladiator – Valor Rank 30
    Centurion – Valor Rank 40
    Champion – Valor Rank 50
    Battlemaster – Valor Rank 60
    War Hero – Valor Rank 70
    Conqueror – Valor Rank 80
    Warlord – Valor Rank 90
    Elite Warlord – Valor Rank 100

Decoy on
  • Options
    Decoy wrote:
    am0n wrote:
    Decoy wrote:

Fex, you, and me need to get on Vent and just chain MVP voting. Hah.

The whole "medals" thing needs to be better explained to me. I need to look and see if I can find a proper guide to it. Obviously it won't fix the bugs in it, but it'd be nice to know the specifics of what it's trying to do.

That's what Fex and I do already. If more people we PvP'd with would join us on vent we could set up a chain. He forgets to MVP me sometimes, though.

In regards to metals, they need to add more at non-exponential increases.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I noticed the last week or so that scoring in huttball has drasticly increased. People are passing a lot more, and more aware of jumping.

The #1 PvP tip that I'd put in the OP is:
    Go into preferences, find the 'maximum zoom distance' slider. Turn that to 100%. Suddenly you have a lot better view of and oversight of what's going on.

(I don't understand why this is even an option, let alone the default being 15%)

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    SanderJK wrote:
    I noticed the last week or so that scoring in huttball has drasticly increased. People are passing a lot more, and more aware of jumping.

The #1 PvP tip that I'd put in the OP is:
    Go into preferences, find the 'maximum zoom distance' slider. Turn that to 100%. Suddenly you have a lot better view of and oversight of what's going on.

(I don't understand why this is even an option, let alone the default being 15%)

It really has increased as more and more people get used to the mechanic. The problem is, that mechanic is still very wonky. Throwing to a location instead of a player is just silly. And the unresponsiveness of the thing baffles me everytime I have the ball.

Also, anytime I happen to get the ball as a Scrapper, I get stunlocked and killed in 5 seconds. So unfortunately I can't really do anything objective wise in Huttball but support or cherry pick and hope no one spawns while I have the ball.

Decoy on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Well the location throw is so that you can intercept and such.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Decomposey wrote:
    Echo wrote:
    Where did they hide the L50 blue PVP gear they moved out of Dromund Kaas?

On Coruscant there's a dude by your trainer that has it.

Awesome, how do I get to Coruscant as a Sith?

Do I need to use cuddly toys and colored crayons to get my inferred meaning across here?

• Options
    MugaazMugaaz Registered User regular
    Does sorcerer bubble count as healing for medals, anyone c/d?

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Nope. I think this might be similar to WoW too - Disc Priests get no credit for preventing damage via shields.

My biggest wish right now is for a fix to the damn PVP daily quests to properly update when you've won a match. So many times I've won games by ridiculous margins, and no credit is given when it's over. Makes trying to win 3-9 matches such a chore, particularly when you've gone 20 times and won 5, but still show 2/3 credit.

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    Well there is a "Shield" medal. Does that count?

• Options
    I think that only applies to tanks who use their "Guard" ability and prevent damage.

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    Echo wrote:
    Decomposey wrote:
    Echo wrote:

Do I need to use cuddly toys and colored crayons to get my inferred meaning across here?

Yes. As the question was "Where is the PvP vendor that no longer exists anywhere in the Sith capitol city?"

And you answered with "Republic capitol city."

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I think that only applies to tanks who use their "Guard" ability and prevent damage.

Shenanigans

Static Shield is a pretty huge part of Sorc healing

• Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular
    Decomposey wrote:
    Echo wrote:
    Decomposey wrote:
    Echo wrote:

Yes. As the question was "Where is the PvP vendor that no longer exists anywhere in the Sith capitol city?"

I think it's a play on Coruscant, to be read as "Course you can't"

I think. Thats the only way I can "Get it" and even then I think it's not a good joke.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Decomposey wrote:
    Echo wrote:
    Decomposey wrote:
    Echo wrote:

Let's get explicit then. I will use capital letters as a visual aid to aid your understanding.

BY SAYING THEY ARE IN THE VICINITY OF THE TRAINERS ON CORUSCANT, I AM IMPLYING THE SAME COULD EVEN BE POSSIBLE ON DROMUND KAAS. DID YOU CHECK BY YOUR TRAINER?

Echo on
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    HK, did you check the Imperial Fleet? With all the other pvp vendors?

• Options
    Maddoc wrote:

Shenanigans

Static Shield is a pretty huge part of Sorc healing

I agree, fully. A friend of mine healed for 300k in a wz, and I did about 200, though I was there healing and throwing up shields the entire time. Pretty sure bubbles do not count for the healing OR guardian medals. I know I never see guard medals when I'm in the thick of things. Most medals I've ever had at the end of a WZ was 8.

2500 heal, 75k total healing, 300k total healing, quick draw, assassin, 10 kills, 25 kills, 75k total damage.

I think I got the 5000 heal medal once, before they nerfed healing in pvp.

• Options
    All the PvP vendors are on the fleet station, yes.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Nope. I think this might be similar to WoW too - Disc Priests get no credit for preventing damage via shields.

My biggest wish right now is for a fix to the damn PVP daily quests to properly update when you've won a match. So many times I've won games by ridiculous margins, and no credit is given when it's over. Makes trying to win 3-9 matches such a chore, particularly when you've gone 20 times and won 5, but still show 2/3 credit.

Have you made sure it's your active quest (ie- listed on the right)? I've had it not update before when I didn't have it clicked and then running PvP again with them set as active has managed to give me credit for them after a win.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    I've been given credit both when it is tracked and when it is not tracked. The updates on those PvP dailies are just buggy. It's really a random crapshoot if it will complete or not when I win a match.

33c9nxz.gif
  • Options
    Hunter_KillersHunter_Killers Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote:
    HK, did you check the Imperial Fleet? With all the other pvp vendors?

Nothing in the fleet was changed, from I can tell it was just outright removed. Dudes on the official forum are noticing the same unless they hid it away at some obscure location. I find it really silly to remove the only PvP gear that isn't lolrng.

http://i.imgur.com/tQR2p.jpg

Gear in question, at least I managed to snag 4 pieces.

4efe575fea51ec35.png
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    The republic fleet has 4 stations, one for each class, in the PvP area. Each of the stations has 4 guys, one of which sells regular PvP gear for like 300ish commendations per piece.

edit: Also the bags aren't RNG, you'll get commendations regardless. You can get PvP gear with those Centurion commendations.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    WibodWibod Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote:
    The republic fleet has 4 stations, one for each class, in the PvP area. Each of the stations has 4 guys, one of which sells regular PvP gear for like 300ish commendations per piece.

edit: Also the bags aren't RNG, you'll get commendations regardless. You can get PvP gear with those Centurion commendations.

This does not exist on the imperial fleet...

• Options
    BearrorristBearrorrist Registered User regular
    Best thing in Huttball is Grapple/(Trooper Eqiv). Snag the low hp ball carrier away from his tank next to the goal line / pull him off of the walkways onto the side area behind the wall. Even jumped into the flames once to pull a ball carrier into it.

You can pull someone out of the air if they take the air jet. No escape for you!

• Options
    YoshuaYoshua Registered User regular
    Wibod wrote:
    SniperGuy wrote:

This does not exist on the imperial fleet...

The class PvP vendors in fleet are directly across from the class trainers. Just look for the symbol appropriate to your class and you should find a clump of three vendors selling stuff for your class.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Echo is (or was) right: last I checked there was some form of PvP vendor near your class trainer in Kaas City

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    I love playing WZs on my guardian. Half the time I'm not killing stuff, I'm just guarding healers and CC'ing/interrupting enemy casters and healers. It's a ton of fun.

But I've got a healer Sage I've been trying to take into WZs lately. I've never really played a healer before...and needless to say, I suck. I can heal people just fine, and thankfully most enemy PUGs are too stupid to actually target me for a while. But once I've been spotted, I seem to die very quickly. It seems like most of my abilities are tailored around either running away, or Stunning and then running away.

Anyone have tips for a healer in pvp?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Heir wrote:
    I love playing WZs on my guardian. Half the time I'm not killing stuff, I'm just guarding healers and CC'ing/interrupting enemy casters and healers. It's a ton of fun.

But I've got a healer Sage I've been trying to take into WZs lately. I've never really played a healer before...and needless to say, I suck. I can heal people just fine, and thankfully most enemy PUGs are too stupid to actually target me for a while. But once I've been spotted, I seem to die very quickly. It seems like most of my abilities are tailored around either running away, or Stunning and then running away.

Anyone have tips for a healer in pvp?

Really your team has to help defend you. better to go in as a healer with people you know if possible.

• Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    That has pretty much been my discovery as well so far. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

I gotta say I get annoyed with PUGs. For example, we're the attackers on voidstar. We clear a door of Imperials and everyone starts trying to cap the door. Why oh why was I the only one NOT capping the door and actually watching for enemies?

That, or when I CC their Guardian so we can take out their healer, and everyone just attacks the damn Guardian.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Being a healer is not fun in pvp if you're not with a premade group. You get shit for medals and I feel like my heals are wasted on morons doing absolutely nothing to help us win. I love healing in pve though.

Sooooo much different from my trooper. I don't even care if I win, I just like to kill shit, get mad medals, feel like a boss. I might even start leveling her over my 41 operative.

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Here's the key to being a Healer in PvP, from what I gather.

1) Have a Tank partner
    2) Pubstoooooomp

• Options
    God damn do they need to do some redesigning of Civil War.

On the middle point, ranged classes can stay at the upper balcony and rain down death without any worries. There's a railing they can stand above that gives them LOS down to the point, but I can't charge them because the railing is in the way.

So I need to slowly creep my way up there while being permanently slowed from five sorcs spamming Lightning at me.