As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Go find the new [STEAM] thread

• Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    LavaKnight wrote:
    Madpanda wrote:
    Here is what all you Trainz haters are missing

If that's the game then sign me up!

that is awesome.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Oh god, i've got 215 games i own and yet have not beaten. That's almost half of all my games...

Stupid steam. Making me buy things.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Lord_Snot wrote:
    @Cheesecakerecipe continues to be a classy dude. He just gifted me one of the most sublime twin-stick shooters I've ever played, Everyday Shooter. That's an astonishing game, different, awesome, just plain fantastic.

Thank you so much man!

EDIT: Angela Lansbury on a boat? What have I been drinking?

I know we talked about it already, but it's amazing the difference in experience you have with a game pad plugged into your PC

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Cross posting to the significantly less festive Steam thread to say that mts is an awesome dude who gifted me SPAZ

• Options
    GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Hah, just crafted my 7 coal into...50% off Metro 2033. Which I just bought when it was a daily.

Although, I also got a 50% off DeepSilver coupon, so that means I could get Dead Island for half price. That seems like a good deal. Has that been a daily yet?

Anyway, if anyone wants the Metro coupon, or a 25% id Software coupon, let me know.

I'll take that id coupon off your hands, thanks! If you want either a 25% coupon for Assassin's Creed: Revelations or a 33%-off Valve coupon, I'd consider that a fair trade. My Steam ID's the same as my forum name.

Grimthwacker on
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Oh god, i've got 215 games i own and yet have not beaten. That's almost half of all my games...

Stupid steam. Making me buy things.

I know, right? I get the Steam Sweats every time I look at my list of games and sit down to play. Between this and my backlog on other systems, I probably should not buy another game for a few years.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    oakkeoakke Registered User regular
    So... E.Y.E.
    I don't have a clue what's going on, but I'm loving it. I think. Not entirely sure.
    Really weird game. Does it reminds anyone else of Stalker, or is it just me?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Finally on the trains on my way home from work. Can't wait to knock out some Cheevos if I can resist Sequences siren call... and by that I mean the allure of hearing more of Naia's sexy voice.

Everyone keeps talking about The Ship. I haven't even heard of it. What exactly is it?

• Options
    Lord Of The PantsLord Of The Pants Registered User regular
    must... stop... buying.... railworks.... dlc....

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Finally on the trains on my way home from work. Can't wait to knock out some Cheevos if I can resist Sequences siren call... and by that I mean the allure of hearing more of Naia's sexy voice.

Everyone keeps talking about The Ship. I haven't even heard of it. What exactly is it?
    Imagine if Clue, the board game, was a first person shooter. You are trying to get away with murder in The Most Dangerous Game. You get points for killing your assigned target, and you are the target for another person in the game. If you are spotted committing the murder, you are tossed in jail.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    must... stop... buying.... railworks.... dlc....

According to Steam I played 12 hours of Railworks on the past 3 days. It's really addicting.
    I'm actually happy I'm broke right now, or I'd probably buy at least a few DLC. Like, a dozen or two.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    If you haven't bought Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light + the Kain and Raziel pack yet, I suggest you watch this ridiculous video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpe1FPqD6Y4&feature=related

Kinda spoiler warning in that the first 10 seconds or so wrap up the main plot of the Lara Croft story, though it's a pretty basic story, skip 15 seconds ahead if you're spoiler sensitive.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Everyone help me root for MTG 2012 going on a daily.

• Options
    kaliakalia Registered User regular
    @RandomHajile continues to abet my defending of dungeons! Thanks so much for the Halloween stuff! I'm full of ..... Halloween cheer! :D

• Options
    Lord JezoLord Jezo Registered User regular
    The worst part of all of these coupons is that they aren't valid until the sale is over and then expire in March.

USELESS!

Clipboard03.jpg
    I KISS YOU!
  • Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote:

Imagine if Clue, the board game, was a first person shooter. You are trying to get away with murder in The Most Dangerous Game. You get points for killing your assigned target, and you are the target for another person in the game. If you are spotted committing the murder, you are tossed in jail.

Oh my god.

That sounds like the old assassination game I once ran when I was VP of Fellowship for my fraternity where everyone was given a name of another person to "kill" with a watergun. If you got your target you then got HIS target and moved on.

Last man standing or person with most kills at the end of the week won.

This sounds like that but with stealth elements.

It sounds awesome

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Handgimp wrote:
    Ugh, on top of my ridiculous Steam backlog, I just found where I apparently (I don't remember, so I was probably drunk) bought half the GoG catalog and downloaded it, but never installed the games.
    Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
    Arcanum
    Arx Fatalis
    Baldurs Gate 1&2
    Betrayal at Krondor
    Beyond Good and Evil
    Chessmaster 9000
    Darklands
    Gabriel Knight 1, 2, & 3
    Gothic 3
    Icewind Dale 2
    The Incredible Machine Series
    Jagged Alliance: Deadly Games
    Jagged Alliance 2
    Might and Magic 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, & 9
    Neverwinter Nights Diamond
    Realms of Arkania 1, 2, & 3
    Temple of Elemental Evil
    Ultima 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and Underworld 1 & 2
    Wing Commander: Privateer

I will finish this.

Edit: You just may not see me for a month or five.

Your drunk self has exceptional taste.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    The Revenge of the Titans achievement is somewhat difficult. I'm not a pro at the game, and have only played it a little, so maybe that's why. Anyone have any tips?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I cant get excited for Tomb Raider games. Does that make me a bad person?

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

• Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote:
    Handgimp wrote:
    Ugh, on top of my ridiculous Steam backlog, I just found where I apparently (I don't remember, so I was probably drunk) bought half the GoG catalog and downloaded it, but never installed the games.
    Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
    Arcanum
    Arx Fatalis
    Baldurs Gate 1&2
    Betrayal at Krondor
    Beyond Good and Evil
    Chessmaster 9000
    Darklands
    Gabriel Knight 1, 2, & 3
    Gothic 3
    Icewind Dale 2
    The Incredible Machine Series
    Jagged Alliance: Deadly Games
    Jagged Alliance 2
    Might and Magic 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, & 9
    Neverwinter Nights Diamond
    Realms of Arkania 1, 2, & 3
    Temple of Elemental Evil
    Ultima 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and Underworld 1 & 2
    Wing Commander: Privateer

I will finish this.

Edit: You just may not see me for a month or five.

Your drunk self has exceptional taste.

Yeah, that's actually a pretty good situation there. :^:

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    LavaKnight wrote:
    The Revenge of the Titans achievement is somewhat difficult. I'm not a pro at the game, and have only played it a little, so maybe that's why. Anyone have any tips?

Here's all you need.
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=27706068&postcount=31

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    oakke wrote:
    So... E.Y.E.
    I don't have a clue what's going on, but I'm loving it. I think. Not entirely sure.
    Really weird game. Does it reminds anyone else of Stalker, or is it just me?

Yeah, lots of bizarre atmosphere, although it has a lot of niggles like the lack of in-game saving during single play; I haven't tried co-op yet but if somebody's down with helping me tomorrow I'd appreciate it. Certainly not a bad game, just one where some people will appreciate it and what it does more than others.

• Options
    PluffPluff BrazilRegistered User regular
    This is fucking anoying!!!
    22 Xmas Achievements = 4 coupons! WTF?

Steam, you let me down... =/

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PluffPluff BrazilRegistered User regular
    oakke wrote:
    LavaKnight wrote:

Here's all you need.

It works! I found another save game file: http://steamcheeves.com/#revengeofthetitans

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Idx86 wrote:

Haven't seen anyone but me get excited for em!

And I am the Bad Opinion King, so...

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    first 14 winter achievements: all coal
    next 5: coupons :(
    at least this latest one is potentially useful: 25% Bethesda
    might work for new vegas goty, will def work for skyrim

• Options
    Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Corpekata wrote:
    If you haven't bought Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light + the Kain and Raziel pack yet, I suggest you watch this ridiculous video:

Kinda spoiler warning in that the first 10 seconds or so wrap up the main plot of the Lara Croft story, though it's a pretty basic story, skip 15 seconds ahead if you're spoiler sensitive.

I, uhh.. what-what is that? I wait a thousand years for another Legacy of Kain game and we get this!? ;P

• Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    making draft go away
    Hahnsoo1 wrote:

Oh my god.

That sounds like the old assassination game I once ran when I was VP of Fellowship for my fraternity where everyone was given a name of another person to "kill" with a watergun. If you got your target you then got HIS target and moved on.

Last man standing or person with most kills at the end of the week won.

This sounds like that but with stealth elements.

It sounds awesome

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin_(game)
    Was used as a example in "rules of play". Never played it myself.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    fyi handgimp and darklite are #9 and #10 on the top contributors for the week.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    got a little cash as a late xmas gift. too late for the jedi knight pack, but maybe it'll hit the recap day
    I've never played any Tomb Raider titles besides GoL -- is Anniversary the one to get, being a remake of the original?

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    @Dr. Sig Killingsworth III Ph.D. also known as @MTS has diagnosed me with Zombies and sent me to space with pirates apparently as treatment. I guess I have to listen to the doctor

you should trust me, i am a doctor*

of philosophy

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote:

I, uhh.. what-what is that? I wait a thousand years for another Legacy of Kain game and we get this!? ;P

Well, it's actually a better game than a handful of the Blood Omens, so there's that.

• Options
    fyi handgimp and darklite are #9 and #10 on the top contributors for the week.
    Heatwave was #3 or 4 last week. classy gents all around

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Hey all, I just wanted to poke in here with some thoughts while my internet connection is up and paid for.

If you live in New Zealand or other South Pacific locales, I totally understand your pain. Seriously, it costs 30 cents per MEGABYTE? Does anyone want to take a guess as to how many megabytes the Steam website takes to load? Here's a hint, it's a lot of megabytes, and those add up real fast.

Also, blah on you Steam for not liking me paying from across the sea with the credit card I have on file. Blah on you I say. Yes I know you're just protecting me from fraud when you see me trying to make a purchase on an IP address in the South Pacific, but I'm on my honeymoon and I can't be bothered to setup another solution when I'm paying by the megabyte. <sigh>

So, I hope you all can continue to enjoy your Steam sales while I can only dream of the wonders they will provide. To those fine chaps who have gifted me Renegade Ops, Rock of Ages and Solar 2, I will thank you appropriately when I return to the states next week, in the land of nearly unlimited bandwidth, so I can actually look up your gifts without watching my internet connection choke and shudder.

Merry Steam Sale everybody, may classiness abound.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Idx86 wrote:

Not bad, just different.

I loved the old Tomb Raider games because of the sense of isolation and exploration. The new ones look pretty cool, if only because I hear they don't have any more "push this block for a hundred miles" puzzles.

• Options
    Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2011
    Naaah, Blood Omen games were great... except for Blood Omen 2. Though even it had a cool part where you go through this vampire asylum or whatever.

Gigazombie Cybermage on
  • Options
    Idx86 wrote:

Not bad, just different.

I loved the old Tomb Raider games because of the sense of isolation and exploration. The new ones look pretty cool, if only because I hear they don't have any more "push this block for a hundred miles" puzzles.

That's what I will forever associate Tomb Raider with - tedious puzzles. Fair or unfair that is what's burned in my head.

sig.gif

• Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    Bah dead space 2 regional price disparity. If I hadn't already beaten it on console I'd be sorely disappointed.

Yesterday was a bit painful. Fear 3 and POP.

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    Pluff wrote:
    oakke wrote:
    LavaKnight wrote:

Here's all you need.

It works! I found another save game file: http://steamcheeves.com/#revengeofthetitans

I appreciate it! I was hoping someone would give me some resource management tips and what to build-I'd like to at least try to do it honestly ;)

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I'm digging dungeon defenders, thank you for the gift, now I just have to level up in time for the weekend.