Options

Go find the new [STEAM] thread

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Mahnmut wrote:
    I'm concerned that Skyrim will end up the same way Oblivion did: sucked in for the first couple weeks, then lose interest and never finish 60% of the content. :(

This happened to me with Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout: New Vegas.

It has not happened to me with Skyrim. Even with every other game I've obtained (including Skyward Sword for Christmas), I still want to play more.

Make of that what you will.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Well, crafted yet another coupon. I am the coupon king.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    So... um.. Assassins Creed: Revelations. These games are known for -NEVER- going on sale, and I desperately want to play it. 25% doesn't seem like too much, but it is below $40, which is what I paid for Saints Row, and I don't see Skyrim in my future...

Can anyone talk me into/out of this purchase?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    What was the site for achievements? I forgot

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote:
    What was the site for achievements? I forgot

http://steamtreasurehunt.wikia.com/wiki/Winter_Objectives

??

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I'm crafting all my coal because the infinitesimal shot at all the games isn't good enough against the decent shot at one or two good games.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Didn't want this notification of classiness to get BOTP'd
    @kainy has just launched the latest volley in our ongoing race class classy war. The conniving classy bastard gentleman just gifted me Assassin's Creed Revelations.

Dear sir, I will strike back at you and it will not be in mere equal measure. I shall redouble my efforts and rain down fiery vengeance upon you in a manner ten-fold what you have wrought here today. You have been warned.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Holy crap Alice is so good so far. Wish it had gotten more attention.

• Options
    Holy crap Alice is so good so far. Wish it had gotten more attention.

The gameplay was far from perfect, but it was good. What they really nailed was the incredible fucked up storybook fantasy / rape nightmare atmosphere.

• Options
    KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    Kainia will NEVER bow to your pressure! Down with Incidentia! We shall fight to the last dollar!

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Well my fingers are too frozen for Sequence... So one last go at Rusty Hearts it is

VICTORY!

I started out using that XXXSA pattern focusing on archers... But really just ended up mashing they keyboard a bunch.

Still got SS rank.

Uninstalling that game felt so good.

Edit: decent coupon for my trouble. 50% of X3: Gold

APODionysus on
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    Has anyone got the achievement for SPAZ? Santa isn't visiting me!

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    Achilles Last StandAchilles Last Stand Registered User regular
    I thought I saw someone who wanted a 25% off ID Software coupon and I just crafted it. Anyone?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    Oh my. Bulletstorm is delightful. This was a well spent 5$.

Yeah I like it so far as well. Adventure of Space Oghren?

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Quoted (poorly) from the last thread because I just got home:
    Frem wrote:
    Figgy wrote:
    Frem wrote:
    Item #1:
    It was hilarious when it happened on Reddit. It's just as hilarious when it happens to you!

http://i.imgur.com/bRKIXl.png

But I had hardly screenshotted that for posting on the internet, when I felt the need to announce that...

Item #2:
    Let it be known that @Figgy is a gentleman of class. He maketh SteamGifts giveaways, and he picketh me as a winner of Bastion. Thanks, Figgy! You have outclassed even The Newell.
    @Frem

Wasn't me! You might have misread it. I haven't run any contests for Bastion.

Oh, no! D: I'm so sorry, @Fig-D. Truly, your generosity and classiness are as great as my ineptitude. Also, your timing is impeccable. Thank you very much!

@Frem

Haha, as I'm sure @Figgy can tell you, this is not the first time for a name mixup between the two of us. Good to hear you got it! If you could do me a teensy weensy favor, could you log into Steamgifts and mark the gift as received on your end? Its still showing "Awaiting Responce" for me.

Enjoy Bastion! (I know I do.)

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    ParielPariel Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Is it just me, or is it really likely to end up with a game or a coupon for a game you already own? So far, I've gotten three games, 16 coal, and five coupons. I already owned every single one of those games, and two of the coupons were for games I already own (plus a Valve one, most of whose software I already own).

I just wish there was somewhere I could go to rip up my digital horse crap. I'd rather work four times as hard for a single coupon and be able to at least get something decent. The logic here is baffling to me. I'd love to trade them away, but only one of these coupons actually saves people money off the sale prices, so, WTF Gabe?

Pariel on
  • Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    Oh dear lord...this sale...these prices...what did I do to make Steam do this?

Cause apparently, I need to do it again.

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Classy Eidos. Tomb Raider Anniversary demo menu is Lara staring at you. She stretches. Bounces. Wait what am I playing again?

I shall not fall prey to such tawdy manipulations.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular
    Kainy wrote:
    Kainia will NEVER bow to your pressure! Down with Incidentia! We shall fight to the last dollar!

The Nation of Dionysia would like to ally itself with Kainia. We feel that Incidentia has dominated the worlds classiness resources for far too long.

Together, we will flood Incidentia's backlog until it drowns!

• Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Lord Yod wrote:
    sequence is so good you guys

so good
    I'm quite amazed at how much I'm enjoying it. It's somehow both relaxing and exhilarating to get into the flow of throwing down spells while blocking the opponents charms.

Might be a little on the grindy side, but the battles go pretty fast, which is nice.

Best $1.24 I've spent so far on this sale ;-)

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Pariel wrote:
    Is it just me, or is it really likely to end up with a game or a coupon for a game you already own? So far, I've gotten three games, 16 coal, and five coupons. I already owned every single one of those games, and two of the coupons were for games I already own (plus a Valve one, most of whose software I already own).

I just wish there was somewhere I could go to rip up my digital horse crap. I'd rather work four times as hard for a single coupon and be able to at least get something decent. The logic here is baffling to me. I'd love to trade them away, but only one of these coupons actually saves people money off the sale prices, so, WTF Gabe?

My anecdotal inventory points to random, if not increased chance of coupons for games you don't own. I have 6 coupons, and only one of them is (technically) useless to me.

In other news, Bastion is freaking great. I wasn't really feeling the combat until I realized just how integral blocking and rolling are.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    I'm trying to zap all these mechanical bastards in Hard Reset, but I'm not getting the achievement! It's fun zapping, but maybe it's broken?

• Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    Pariel wrote:

you must own a ton of games to get that much stuff. the more stuff you own the more likely you are to get something you already own

• Options
    Free Giraffe Rides!!!Free Giraffe Rides!!! Registered User regular
    Mahnmut wrote:
    I'm concerned that Skyrim will end up the same way Oblivion did: sucked in for the first couple weeks, then lose interest and never finish 60% of the content. :(

I don't know if you'd finish even half of all the shit there is to do, but Skyrim is an absolute masterpiece.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    you must own a ton of games to get that much stuff. the more stuff you own the more likely you are to get something you already own

I own around 140 games.

A 63% chance of getting something I already own seems somewhat inflated when Steam has at least 2,000 games.

Pariel on
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Incidentally, so far I got 13 coal, 6 terrible coupons, and 0 games. I don't like this gift pile very much :(

Although it did give me an incentive to pick up a bunch of $2.50 games that turned out mostly great, so I guess that's pretty cool.

Free Giraffe Rides!!! on
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Has anyone got the achievement for SPAZ? Santa isn't visiting me!

I got it on the second system you visit (if you follow the tutorial, etc.) Just find a planet/mission and kill every enemy ship around (blockades are good for this). After enough kills, someone will drop a cookie platter and Santa will come rushing for it.

Make sure you're using the Christmas Mod (it's selected by default in the launcher... makes everything look... christmas-y.)

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    CarbonFire wrote:
    Lord Yod wrote:
    sequence is so good you guys

so good
    I'm quite amazed at how much I'm enjoying it. It's somehow both relaxing and exhilarating to get into the flow of throwing down spells while blocking the opponents charms.

Might be a little on the grindy side, but the battles go pretty fast, which is nice.

Best $1.24 I've spent so far on this sale ;-)

Ok fine, buying it now. Thanks a lot!

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    The gift pile pales in comparison to the class heap. I've "won" more from you guys than I could ever claim to rightly deserve. If that's what the gift pile nets me then I'll take it. Hopefully others are enjoying what I've been able to gift as well instead of focusing on coupons that the can't/won't use.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    I am glad that I was able to find someone to gift the two games I won to. At least someone is getting something out of my mediocre attempt at achievement whoring.

• Options
    Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Holy crap, Dead Space and Dead Space 2 are 4.99 each? Wish I would have know that before I got Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition. I'm always up for survival horror, are they any good?

• Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    Crafted my first 7 coal and got 25% off Arkham City, if someone wants it I'm willing to trade for something. I figure it's probably more interesting than my 33% off valve or 50% off greed corp.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Fuuuuck.

How am I going to wage war on Kania and Dionysia when @Tef is dropping Serious Sam 3 BFE bombs on me?!

Tef = so, so classy

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    LavaKnight wrote:
    I'm trying to zap all these mechanical bastards in Hard Reset, but I'm not getting the achievement! It's fun zapping, but maybe it's broken?

It's not the starting NRG weapon, you have to buy the upgrade so it shoots electricity all over the place, then use that to kill 50. The electric environment spots count as well, when you shoot wall panels and they spark all over.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Yep, revelations is going in the, 'later on' basket for me. Aussie steam prices are still high, not many glowing reviews and my big backlog means I can wait to play it I think. I mean, I really want to play it and I will but it's not a high priority at the moment.

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    If I had to choose between SPAZ or Revenge of the Titans, which should i pick?

• Options
    LavaKnight wrote:

It's not the starting NRG weapon, you have to buy the upgrade so it shoots electricity all over the place, then use that to kill 50. The electric environment spots count as well, when you shoot wall panels and they spark all over.

And also be aware the the weapon interface is unconventional - after you buy the zappy gun, you pull it out by first switching to the NRG gun, then turning the mouse wheel to change into zappy mode

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Fuuuuck.

How am I going to wage war on Kania and Dionysia when @Tef is dropping Serious Sam 3 BFE bombs on me?!

Tef = so, so classy

HA HA!

The Triple Entente will overthrow your reign of tyrannical goodwill and generosity!

Your time is now, muffin man!

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    SPAZ. Then go back in time and get the Humble Bundle that had Titans :-p.

But really, Titans is a solid tower defense game, but if you play many indie games you probably have a dozen similar titles by now. SPAZ, at the very least, fills a niche that doesn't get a lot of entries.

• Options
    ZebukielZebukiel Registered User regular
    Off to bed, but wanted to let you guys know, Spent the evening Playing "P.A.M" It was actually very amusing. Even talked a couple friends into joining me and we had some good times.

You like to race? Ever wanted to just blow up the guy that keeps bumping into you.. Do it!!!