As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

now that that's over, what are you looking forward to in 2012?

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Janson wrote:
    Vivixenne wrote:
    KICKING ASS AT MY NEW AWESOME JOB

GETTING A VISA THAT WILL LET ME STAY IN AUSTRALIA SO THAT AFOREMENTIONED ASSKICKING CAN TAKE PLACE

CAPSLOCK FOR EMPHASIS

God yes, how is the visa going?

Also this is the year I can apply for US citizenship! But given that it requires a chunk o' change and for me to learn a hundred boring facts about the US government, and that my green card is good for 9 more years, I'm in no immediate hurry.

Visa is going well! The police certificate I needed from China has apparently arrived at my lawyer's office and they are sending it to me toot-sweet.

So that's one of the bigger obstacles cleared yay!

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    why would they make a movie out of a book the whole appeal of which lies in the style of the writing

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    that is a thing i am looking forward to in 2012, not a response tot hat post

can't it be both?

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Janson wrote:
    Vivixenne wrote:

GETTING A VISA THAT WILL LET ME STAY IN AUSTRALIA SO THAT AFOREMENTIONED ASSKICKING CAN TAKE PLACE

CAPSLOCK FOR EMPHASIS

Also this is the year I can apply for US citizenship! But given that it requires a chunk o' change and for me to learn a hundred boring facts about the US government, and that my green card is good for 9 more years, I'm in no immediate hurry.

Wait, didn't marriage take care of all that? Or do I not understand my own country's immigration laws as well as I thought?

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    goals for 2012

finally get a tattoo
    meet a nice boy/lady and have lots of wild animal monkey sex with them (or just snuggle and watch movies, really i'm just kinda lonely, but sex would be nice in case the world ends so i don't die with my v-card unpunched)
    continue to foster the compassion and serenity i've found
    put in at least forty hours volunteering somewhere
    continue to be successful with my band (OPENING FOR AFROMAN IN MARCH HOLY SHIT)
    ALSO, probably gonna try to start seeing a head-shrinker.

one thing i'm TOTALLY looking forward to for 2012 is that it seems like the world's on an upswing, finally. i'm pretty optimistic about this year.

Yo I sent you a message before re: your band but if you ever want a show in Syracuse or Rochester NY lemme know

We're working on booking stuff and we're working with a dude in Ra-Ra to make sure bands have shows two nights in a row, 90 miles apart, if they want

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    Henroid wrote:
    Janson wrote:
    Vivixenne wrote:

CAPSLOCK FOR EMPHASIS

Wait, didn't marriage take care of all that? Or do I not understand my own country's immigration laws as well as I thought?

In the US, marriage only gets you a green card. Citizenship is a whole other kettle of fish.

EDIT: I presume you are talking to Janson and not me.

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Janson wrote:
    Tef wrote:
    Making the competition team for the emergency response team at work.

Earn mo' money

Make more time for my friends including (especially) the PA guys and gals

Start getting through more books now I have this handy-dandy Kindle

Start listening to more music that wasn't released 40 years ago. It is slightly embarrassing when I'm trying to be hip and cool and everything is Phil Collins and Crowded House.
    Ahaha

Everything you've been posting lately just makes me like you more

and then I feel slightly bad, because then I wonder if I've just never really noticed your posts as much before

Also getting through books is a good one! Man, I'm trying not to set my bar TOO high, though, because I know I'm not going to have a lot of free time.

I've only really started posting outside 1-2 threads very recently!

To be fair, in a few months I think you're whole list will consist of:

Sleep

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    more art
    i did less art last year
    so it should be easier to make more art this year

i want to try finishing all the unfinished stuff on my pc
    but i bet that will never happen

• Options
    Kochikens wrote:
    hr_The_Avengers_1.jpg

ARGH YES

• Options
    why would they make a movie out of a book the whole appeal of which lies in the style of the writing

And if you're doing that why would you adapt Gatsby GET IT

• Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    i'm looking forward to starting school full time

being a civilian

getting married

• Options
    Henroid wrote:
    Janson wrote:
    Vivixenne wrote:

CAPSLOCK FOR EMPHASIS

Awk-ward!!!

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    crwth wrote:
    Faynor wrote:
    Putting the puzzle pieces of who I once was and who I want to be together into one big picture

Moving out of this forsaken state, finally

~true love~

The Great Gatsby movie. 8->

you forgot licking a butthole

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xnZ6g14WwY

do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Well I feel like shit.

People said some really nice things about me in the forumer opinion thread.

And because of my weird online timing, I didn't really even get to respond, let alone post my own opinions.

Gonna edit one of my posts in that thread tomorrow and post all my opinions/responses. Probably just link it in my sig for a while.

Thank you very much to everybody who had nice things about me, I really never know where I stand because in real life I can be pretty rough around the edges and online I tend to phrase things I'm trying to say poorly.

Gonna show so much love in that post.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote:
    goals for 2012

finally get a tattoo
    meet a nice boy/lady and have lots of wild animal monkey sex with them (or just snuggle and watch movies, really i'm just kinda lonely, but sex would be nice in case the world ends so i don't die with my v-card unpunched)
    continue to foster the compassion and serenity i've found
    put in at least forty hours volunteering somewhere
    continue to be successful with my band (OPENING FOR AFROMAN IN MARCH HOLY SHIT)
    ALSO, probably gonna try to start seeing a head-shrinker.

one thing i'm TOTALLY looking forward to for 2012 is that it seems like the world's on an upswing, finally. i'm pretty optimistic about this year.

Yo I sent you a message before re: your band but if you ever want a show in Syracuse or Rochester NY lemme know

We're working on booking stuff and we're working with a dude in Ra-Ra to make sure bands have shows two nights in a row, 90 miles apart, if they want

Hell to the motherfucking yes, dude. If we ever make it out east i will TAKE YOU UP ON THIS. and then some forumers can turn out to see how fucking rad i am.
    SO RAD.

actually, y'know what?

IF ANY FORUMERS AREN'T DOING ANYTHING ON MARCH FOURTH AND ARE IN OR AROUND THE CHEYENNE, WYOMING AREA, COME SEE MY BAND OPEN FOR AFROMAN. DO IT. GOOD TIMES WILL BE HAD BY ALL.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Tef wrote:
    TrippyJing wrote:
    Graduate by the end of the year, because it looks like I won't be graduating by summer.

Also, dancing. And summer, which is when I'll be doing most of my dancing.

Possibly an internship somewhere.

What kind of dancing we talkin' about?

It sure as hell ain't dirty dancin'.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote:
    Faynor wrote:

Sorry I can't hear you over the sound of me vomiting bile like a fire hose

Leonardo DiCaprio? Carey Mulligan? Topher Grace? COME ON

do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    yeah lots of people suddenly seem to think Blake and I are married

we ain't married

believe me if we get married there will be photos of it everywhere

like, I'd make a thread just to post wedding photos in it

because I would look so pretty

(also, you know, be married, but PHOTOS)

and then I wouldn't shut up about it for like a year or two

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    Tox wrote:
    Well I feel like shit.

People said some really nice things about me in the forumer opinion thread.

And because of my weird online timing, I didn't really even get to respond, let alone post my own opinions.

Gonna edit one of my posts in that thread tomorrow and post all my opinions/responses. Probably just link it in my sig for a while.

Thank you very much to everybody who had nice things about me, I really never know where I stand because in real life I can be pretty rough around the edges and online I tend to phrase things I'm trying to say poorly.

Gonna show so much love in that post.

nothing stoppin' ya from posting the list in here!

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote:
    Janson wrote:
    Vivixenne wrote:

CAPSLOCK FOR EMPHASIS

Visa is going well! The police certificate I needed from China has apparently arrived at my lawyer's office and they are sending it to me toot-sweet.

So that's one of the bigger obstacles cleared yay!

Yay! Yeah, I see police certificates as one of the biggest reasons for visa hold-ups, always good when they arrive!
    Henroid wrote:

Nope! It'd be far too easy that way!

No, marriage gets you a conditional (2 year) green card, at the end of which you can apply to remove conditions, assuming that a) you're still married and can prove a cohesive relationship, or b) are divorced, but can prove your marriage was in good faith. This nets you a 10 year green card.

3 years of stable, cohesive marriage then nets you citizenship, or it's 5 years if you get divorced.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I was talking to Janson, I should've cut the quotes appropriately to make it clear like I usually would. <.<

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Settling my medical issues with the Navy for good or bad.

Really, my entire year depends on how that goes.

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote:

forumer opinion on buttlord: terrible

• Options
    I just found out that if me and Buttlady get hitched in Canada she can sponsor me for residency

That'd be nice

That's a thing to look into

• Options
    Vivixenne wrote:

we ain't married

Just, like, get a dress and go and take a bunch of photos!

That wouldn't be weird!

At all!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote:
    Settling my medical issues with the Navy for good or bad.

Really, my entire year depends on how that goes.
    I should add, my mood doesn't hinge on this. It's just, I will prooobably quit my job and rejoin if I can.

• Options
    Tef wrote:
    I've only really started posting outside 1-2 threads very recently!

To be fair, in a few months I think you're whole list will consist of:

Sleep
    Hahaha, yes! Gotta do my posting while I can!

@Vivixenne yes, you will look gorgeous! Also fly Sheri out for professional photos!

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    playin video games

• Options
    Janson wrote:
    Henroid wrote:

Nope! It'd be far too easy that way!

No, marriage gets you a conditional (2 year) green card, at the end of which you can apply to remove conditions, assuming that a) you're still married and can prove a cohesive relationship, or b) are divorced, but can prove your marriage was in good faith. This nets you a 10 year green card.

3 years of stable, cohesive marriage then nets you citizenship, or it's 5 years if you get divorced.

Knowledge, I feel I am gaining it.

• Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    I'm looking forward to seeing the area I moved into during the summer.

I'm looking forward to getting the basement finished up so that I can begin hosting tabletop gaming nights again as well.

Also looking forward to weather that isn't so god damn nut freezingly cold so that my psoriasis will calm the fuck down.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Faynor wrote:
    crwth wrote:
    Faynor wrote:
    Putting the puzzle pieces of who I once was and who I want to be together into one big picture

Moving out of this forsaken state, finally

~true love~

you forgot licking a butthole

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xnZ6g14WwY

i'm just trying to broaden your horizons, jackie boy

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    I wanna eat thunder and shit lightning in 2012

fuck yeah I do

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote:

CAPSLOCK FOR EMPHASIS
    Thumbs up

• Options
    Buttlord wrote:

forumer opinion on buttlord: terrible

Sorry bro I hate Gatsby almost as much as I hate Catcher in the Rye

• Options
    Buttlord wrote:
    I just found out that if me and Buttlady get hitched in Canada she can sponsor me for residency

That'd be nice

Dual citizenship is awesome! 8-)

I just wish I was from a country more exciting and exotic than the UK, there's not a whole lot extra that being a dual US/UK citizen gets you.

Also, damn, my facebook has been nothing but cat and baby updates for months. Oh well, I am afraid that is not going to change.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Janson wrote:
    Buttlord wrote:

That'd be nice

Dual citizenship is awesome! 8-)

I just wish I was from a country more exciting and exotic than the UK, there's not a whole lot extra that being a dual US/UK citizen gets you.

Also, damn, my facebook has been nothing but cat and baby updates for months. Oh well, I am afraid that is not going to change.

I don't really care about the dual citizenship

I just wanna be with her and also get married (I gotta propose still and I ain't doin that yet but yeah)

Buttlord on
  • Options
    How is the UK not exotic? Fish & chips, tea & biscuits, uh... scones... funny royal guard hats...

• Options
    Tef wrote:
    Vivixenne wrote:

we ain't married

Just, like, get a dress and go and take a bunch of photos!

That wouldn't be weird!

At all!

There has been some discussion on Twitter over whether or not I should reproduce my New Year's Eve outfit and take photos of it for shits and giggles and maybe on my beauty blog.

The general consensus appears to be that I do it, but I can't shake the feeling that it would be a) weird, b) uncomfortably self-indulgent, and c) take up an awful lot of time that I don't seem to have at present.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    A problem with going to the gym right now though, is getting to the gym. Like I went yesterday and it was over an hire wait to get on any machine and the parking lot was packed. Stupid new year people