As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Grab a big bag of Cheetos and some 'Dew on the way over, it's the [Tabletop Games Thread]

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Well it's actually 'HârnMaster'. Does that change anything?

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i forget what that accent does

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I don't remember either.

This is probably a good rundown of some of Harn's stuff, though you'll have to read past the PR slant: http://www.kelestia.com/node/73

• Options
    seems to make it long, so it's like HairnMaster

• Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    Oh god, that modular D&D idea that was being thrown around earlier sounds so perfect to me. Choose a power source, all characters of the same power source have the same special ability (i.e. ritual caster for arcane, channel divinity for divine, some kinda weapon specialization for martial?, etc), choose role to gain access to basically streamlined powers shared by all members of that role (maybe you can use feats to add some more variety and flavor to the powers?), choose secondary role, and on your way. Simple, but with the potential for a lot of permutations and leaving the flavor/background of each "class" up to the character.

Now I will probably be disappointed with 5e just because it will not be this.

• Options
    5th edition is going to be 2nd edition.

Like, down to the cover.

there will just be a 5 super imposed over the 2.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Fire Truck wrote:
    Oh god, that modular D&D idea that was being thrown around earlier sounds so perfect to me. Choose a power source, all characters of the same power source have the same special ability (i.e. ritual caster for arcane, channel divinity for divine, some kinda weapon specialization for martial?, etc), choose role to gain access to basically streamlined powers shared by all members of that role (maybe you can use feats to add some more variety and flavor to the powers?), choose secondary role, and on your way. Simple, but with the potential for a lot of permutations and leaving the flavor/background of each "class" up to the character.

I don't think they'll go that route because a lot of people complained about how 4e was completely bland and flavorless in its mechanics.

Yes, that statement is true, please put your skull back together.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Melding wrote:
    5th edition is going to be 2nd edition.

Like, down to the cover.

there will just be a 5 super imposed over the 2.
    Just written over with a sharpie.

• Options
    Just invert the 2.

• Options
    gtrmp wrote:
    Mountain Dew had Call of Duty-branded Game Fuel

now Jones Soda has Dungeons & Dragons Spellcasting Soda

I want some...

Too bad I'm trying to quit soda.

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    Antimatter wrote:
    i want to play mouse guard

personally I wouldn't be able to resist the urge to make it into redwall fanfiction

and?

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote:
    Antimatter wrote:

personally I wouldn't be able to resist the urge to make it into redwall fanfiction

and?

not really seeing a problem here either

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    It seems you forgot to confess your love for DEATHWATCH and to lesser extent Dark hersey

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Warmachine

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    i want to try painting warmachine minis but i know i'm gonna fuck up the paint the first few times

• Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    You can paint over ones you fucked up a couple times

And if the paint gets too thick and funky after many layers you can strip it off

Paint minis

• Options
    alright

thanks knob

i knew about painting over but stripping paint wasn't something i was aware you could do for minis

• Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Are the models metal or plastic? Because if they're metal the paint stripping process is super easy, but for plastics you gotta find special stuff.

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Simple Green will strip paint off anything and can be had in a huge jug for under 10 bucks at Lowe's or any similar store

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    oh my god what

• Options
    holy shit its like armored core and gundam and transformers and please tell me it's not super excessively expensive (it totally is isn't it?)

• Options
    44 bones

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    1865765535_ee222d3f44_o.jpg

3512964173_94f72f66cb_o.jpg

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    why is Rover piloting a mech

• Options
    Kind of looks like some of the newer Battletech designs

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Warmachine is one of those games I can recognize as being a quality product, but is clearly not for me.

Heavy Gear is a game that I quite like, but have nobody to play with.

Battletech is one of my favorite game.

Infinity, I think, might be one of the best attempts at re-creating Necromunda I've ever seen.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Also one of the best at producing catgirl medics

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote:
    MrMonroe wrote:
    Antimatter wrote:

and?

not really seeing a problem here either

Yeah, it's all but Redwall to begin with, so I don't see why players should be against that.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Infinity is great but the rules are hard as fuck to parse as they are written.

It gets confusing when you have to reference things too.

Warmachine is super fun.

One time I had my Thunderhead throw the Avatar of Menoth at Epic Kreoss, which won me the game.

Heavy Gear as I understand it is Votoms the game, which seems rad.

• Options
    It's translated from Spanish so there's bound to be some oddly phrased rules here and there

Common sense fixes those problems

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    I dunno I got the first edition book and it's a plain mess.

I guess there are PDFs you can get that are laid out better.

But eh.

• Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    Tox wrote:
    Fire Truck wrote:

I don't think they'll go that route because a lot of people complained about how 4e was completely bland and flavorless in its mechanics.

I almost want to homebrew this system. I wish I knew fuckall about balance.

• Options
    Can't be that hard fire, you should try it and ask for advice whenever you get stuck or something!

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    It's translated from Spanish so there's bound to be some oddly phrased rules here and there

Common sense fixes those problems
    Apparently the dude was given like two weeks to translate it.

Which is why most people buy the book for the fluff, and just use one of the abridged PDF versions.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Fire Truck wrote: »
    Tox wrote:
    Fire Truck wrote:

I almost want to homebrew this system. I wish I knew fuckall about balance.

I can probably help. I am good at quantifying stuff generally.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    warmahordes rules

• Options
    The trick to balance is to look wide (all classes across one level), not deep (all levels across one class).

For instance, a 3.X wizard looks balanced if you look at the depth of the class. They start out weak, and end up strong. The idea is that you have to earn the power you get late in the game, and this is considered balanced.

If, however, you look wide, and compare the wizard to other classes at the same level, you see a glaringly huge disparity.

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    1865765535_ee222d3f44_o.jpg

3512964173_94f72f66cb_o.jpg

I am drooling into both buckets.

• Options
    i never quite understand large robots with hands, but whatever, the action poses on those are neat.

This discussion has been closed.