As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla]LEGO(S)! GAME OVER MAFIA WIN! CAYRUS WIN! MASCARA305 WIN!

1141516171820»

• Options
    Shiny New ToysShiny New Toys where am i? its dark in hereRegistered User regular
    Thanks for hosting sportz.
    No fair all the other neutrals got cool powers and all I had was survive :P

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Honestly, I voted for TDOT 'cos I was scared it some ploy when we didn't reply to my PM by the time I needed to vote (being GMT and an early sleeper kinda sucks for Phalla).

And I never said anything about there only being 2 cops, that was someone else. I just thought it would have been an interesting way of the mafia outing a cop.

Generally, I fucked up.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    mascara305mascara305 Registered User regular
    Thanks for hosting sportz!

Don't judge me by my failures, but only by my dreams
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Village hard network - http://phalliclego.proboards.com/index.cgi

Note: If you're a seer, don't play mini games :P. Ah well, at least I started a village board that ultimately died! :D

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    The biggest lesson to learn out of this game is to allow for yourself being wrong, and accept changing direction.

Not only was gaslight's logic flawed, which I pointed out, but a seer came forward and cleared me. Once that happens, the likelyhood of both of us being bad is just incredibly low, especially mid game, and especially in a big game. At that point, you don't have to be completely convinced, but it's unproductive to continue.

Not to mention that I had been giving gaslight general phalla advice and voting advice via pm for the whole game, which seems stupid for a mafia to do, when I highlighted actual suspicious behavior by (what turned out to be) actual mafia.

if you have something that you think is damming, and then get enough evidence that throws that into question, it is more hurtful to just soldier on in a righteous rage. You're just giving the mafia the ability to load all their votes up.

Although I don't know why the mafia killed me that night, when it looked like I would probably get voted out the next day anyway.

• Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    I believed in you Langly!

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I said I was sorry, Langly. :( I thought that since the CYOA minigame was something which as far as I could tell nobody had ever seen done in a phalla before, there was just a chance that the mafia had well and truly made a major screwup because of it. Yes, in retrospect I should have let it drop when Towndrunk vouched for you, since with his early feeler he was much more likely to be legit than not. That was my biggest mistake of the game, and God knows I made a lot. I will say, however, that I think you're slightly overstating how much advice you were giving me before that. Most of what we discussed was pretty general, we weren't exactly best buds. And there were legit villagers who stuck with their votes on you even after our little courtroom drama, it wasn't just me and a bunch of mafia who voted for you. Although as you said on the Proboard, once you're on a wagon it's always easier to stay there.

Feel free to grudge-vote me next time, though, I deserve it. :P

I revealed on day 3 hoping to get brought into whatever village network existed, definitely didn't imagine myself trying to build and lead one. Just my luck that a huge part of what network there was managed to get killed that same day. :P Looking back, as a village vig, even I really had no business participating in the martian minigame, but I was full of youthful enthusiasm and Sportzboy, cunning devil, didn't tell us the stakes going in.

Gaslight on
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote:
    You only used a spreadsheet for day one votes, and not actions?

Yes, I had the PMs for that.

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    Gaslight wrote:
    I said I was sorry, Langly. :( I thought that since the CYOA minigame was something which as far as I could tell nobody had ever seen done in a phalla before, there was just a chance that the mafia had well and truly made a major screwup because of it. Yes, in retrospect I should have let it drop when Towndrunk vouched for you, since with his early feeler he was much more likely to be legit than not. That was my biggest mistake of the game, and God knows I made a lot. I will say, however, that I think you're slightly overstating how much advice you were giving me before that. Most of what we discussed was pretty general, we weren't exactly best buds. And there were legit villagers who stuck with their votes on you even after our little courtroom drama, it wasn't just me and a bunch of mafia who voted for you. Although as you said on the Proboard, once you're on a wagon it's always easier to stay there.

Feel free to grudge-vote me next time, though, I deserve it. :P

I revealed on day 3 hoping to get brought into whatever village network existed, definitely didn't imagine myself trying to build and lead one. Just my luck that a huge part of what network there was managed to get killed that same day. :P Looking back, as a village vig, even I really had no business participating in the martian minigame, but I was full of youthful enthusiasm and Sportzboy, cunning devil, didn't tell us the stakes going in.

Yea... when I said you were the mafia MVP, that did ignore the fact that the village network got smashed 2x in a row and that it was actually the cops... but when there were twice times people were either cleared or would have been cleared, it was pretty ugly all-around.

The mafia got away with laying low too much though.

I tried the CYOA mini-game as a non-punishing (mostly) way to reward participation.

Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    CitizenCitizen Registered User regular
    Citizen probably would have won the game if he hadn't been busy early. Life happens.
    I....oh. :oops:

Welp, sorry my village comrades. I had a really hard time getting a read on the mafia this game, well done on them!

Cheers to you for running it too sportz, sorry about asking you a million questions about my ability.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Called kias as mafia. Just throwing that out there. Good game. Cops why you gotta be like that.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Hey, at least I killed Malkor, and called see being mafia

And that's why you never say "COME AT ME BRO" in phalla 8-)

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    oh man, that was fun. I thought for sure that Kias was toast. The ploy he sent over to gaslight was pretty crazy but it worked, this time.

I'm actually a little confused with the game ending. If Peccavi was killed and two villagers were killed, the mafia had 3 out of 8 total people, right? Though I will say that if Cayrus and Mascara305 met their victory condition, they should have been removed as soon as they met it. I was actually trying to help mascara305 meet it for that reason. Then when she did and was still in the game we were all confused. It happens, but just something to think about.

I felt bad though when I used my unblockable kill on Void Slayer, but he sent me a knowledge dump with more info. I sent him a message when he was revived just in case there would be any sort of role call. From what he was saying, I was actually quite shocked when he said nobody had contacted him. His color showed up village in the narration and there was no conversions. But I was not going to be the one pointing that out. :P

Fun game. Thanks for hosting Sporty McSportson

Edit: Um. mafia boards. never locked. by the way. dum dum dum :shock:

CaptainPlanet82 on
    Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Hehe this was my first actual vig role and I was just as terrible as I thought I would be! I was an even day vig and killed MrT :|

I mean I don't feel bad about killing Mrt, just killing a seer. :)

Thank you for hosting, had fun!

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    Lol Planet...was it y ou VS sent my name to? He told me he sent it to two people but he did not say who they where lolol

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Yeah color me confused on this one. I was a martian who could mind control people but then my target found out who I was and Langly saved me but then I died that night (which was a cool thing, there should be more midday events in phalla). I wasnt really sure what I was supposed to do with it all but it seemed really interesting.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    KetBra wrote:
    Hey, at least I killed Malkor, and called see being mafia

And that's why you never say "COME AT ME BRO" in phalla 8-)

Yeah, I was pretty surprised that playing the idiot noob card worked for me for that round. Thought I was done for sure.

Then batman killed me.

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    I only "won" because Gaslight survived to the end of the game.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    vertroue wrote:
    Lol Planet...was it y ou VS sent my name to? He told me he sent it to two people but he did not say who they where lolol

must have been. He mentioned that he sent it to a neutral and some details about you, I'm guessing. But your name was not included. Sadly that would have made it too easy.

Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    Who milled me?
    Because I died Mafia I am going to claim moral victory!

• Options
    No one milled you; you were just a pirate, albeit a lame one who won with the village.

Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    But I showed up as mafia in narration...?
    Even when it's over this game makes no sense to me!

• Options
    Sure, you were going to show up as mafia cuz you were a pirate (not seer mafia, just in death).

Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    TayrunTayrun Registered User regular
    Fun game, thanks for running this Sportzster!

• Options
    NP. Glad you all enjoyed it. Or some of you at least.

Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    I enjoyed it Sportz. It was my first time as a neutral, so I was very confused.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    There were a lot of borderline neut/faction roles I think... where the player would probably tend to sympathize with the village or mafia except in this situation.

Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Nevertheless, I did have fun in my first phalla, and if you don't all hate me now I'd love to play again...although I think I'd rather be a humble vanillager next time, this shit is a lot of work, not to mention stressful! :P

That means you were doing it right :P. Your decisions were pretty bad haha, but that happens to everyone occasionally. Really getting into it and participating and such is what makes a good player. Go you!
    Gaslight, as the vig, vig every chance you get. Too little info isn't enough reason to not vig d1.

I agree with this. Barring extreme circumstances, ALWAYS use your kills and abilities. Also, the 3rd-4th cop fiasco was hilarious :lol:.

I would like to make it known that on night 2 I was seered by 3 different people, contacted by 4 who claimed to have seered my (the two cops each came independently to me), and had a conversation initiated to me by 5 people.

I'm so popular

Then I got a one-time seering the next day.... and died :(.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Some things like that, Akimbo, I did just because it was the way I wanted it with 0 thought for balance or whatever, it just seemed right... like you'd seem like mafia in death, but in life you were still super-lame.

Walkerdog on MTGO
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Thanks for running the game, Sportz. Think I forgot to say that before.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    So did I! It was fun, sportz, thanks! I look forward to your next game!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile