As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WrestleMania XXVIII] So long from the sunshine state

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    769858f460d311e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

ROH wrestlers wearing CHIKARA masks attacked Quack, Jigsaw and The Colony at "Caught in the Spider's Den" earlier tonight. This invasion angle is great.

Yessssssssssss

Schide on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    DDT uses blow up dolls and 10 year old kids in their matches. Of course they have Chikara beat in the weirdness department.

Edit: Reading Hero's FCW bio makes me think they might have him use his various big boot combos as well like the Cyclone Kill Dyvim mentioned. If his gimmick is he knocks people out it would make sense for him to have various ways of doing it.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Yeah, I imagine he's going to be running with the "Young Knockout Kid" sort of thing, so I expect to see him finish matches with a scale of elbow strike variants.
    If they end up tagging him and Claudio together in FCW then it will be interesting, since Claudio is working a very "catch" style right now so the roles would be reversed from the earlier Kings days when Claudio was the bruiser and Hero was the mat wizard.
    Of course Claudio also looks really, really uncomfortable with the catch style. However I don't know if that is his lack of familiarity or if it's the FCW guys who aren't vibing well with it. I suspect it's more the latter, but only because being a European wrestler means that not having a passing familiarity with catch is practically a dereliction of duty.
    Also Claudio looks weird in basic wrestling trunks, like super weird. I'm so used to seeing him in the full tights that it's hard to adjust to for some reason.

[Edit of great excitement] Holy shit, Sterling James Keenan is in FCW as Corey Graves. How in the hell did I miss this development?
    SJK isn't the best worker in the world, but he's a pretty damn good fun and has a lot of promise. Hope he makes it to the main roster, he certainly deserves it more than a guy like Tyler Black.
    Another thing I've noticed during my FCW catch up this morning is that Richie Steamboat is looking like a boss right now. He beat Sandow for the FCW 15 medal a couple of weeks past and then last week during Sandow's entrance for a promo, Steamboat kicked him in the face and then proceeded to look smug as fuck. I sense a heel turn, and I also sense a series of very good matches.

[edit #2]Dean Ambrose is now visiting with the FCW psychologist. This can only be amazing.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Cena was supposed to give the start command for the Daytona 500, but after 2 delays to the race which is now scheduled to start at 7pm in Daytona, FL, Cena had to skip out due to his obligations with WWE (Raw tonight is live from Portland, OR).

He tweeted that, should the race again get delayed to Tuesday, he would be able to return and give the command.

WWE.com has a glowing piece today about Stacy Keibler at the Oscars up, which is in stark contrast with their behavior toward the former Diva back in 2009. Keibler said in an interview a while back that her management contacted WWE about having her back to guest host Raw from Baltimore, MD (her hometown) back in '09 and was flat ignored. That Raw was instead hosted by Verne "Mini-Me" Troyer.

Brodus is advertised for tonight's Raw on the WWE Live Event website. Clay had returned over the past weekend on live events where he opened the show with a match against David Otunga.

Former WWE stars Charlie Haas and his wife, Jackie Gayda-Haas are expecting their fourth child this year.

If you're interested in buying one of the new "Kayfabe Shirts" you might want to hurry up as they may get pulled soon. There are a lot of people unhappy with terms like "jobber" and "heat" being sold on t-shirts (from the company that brought you the J.O.B. Squad). There are also several vets in the locker room that would like to see them gone. And more people (yet no specific names mentioned) were surprised the line made it through the proper channels without being nixed in the first place.

Chris Jericho and Kofi Kingston have received high praise for their series of matches together at RAW Live Events.

As noted before, WWE did not hire Antonio Cesaro (Claudio Castagnoli) and Kassius Ohno (Chris Hero) with the intent to put them back together as a tag team. With that said, a WWE creative source reports that the two former ROH stars teaming together is still possible depending on what happens with the tag team division.

Randy Orton is advertised for RAW tonight but his concussion evaluation, also scheduled for today, could thwart that.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Hooray, another year of WWE promoting a guy who isn't on the active roster.

If you look at it from a "this will make WWE a hell of a lot more money" perspective instead of a "this is a good opportunity to build someone up" then it looks a whole lot better. And besides, even if they went with the latter, does anyone really believe the WWE wouldn't completely fuck it up just a couple of weeks later? If they're going to piss around in limbo for as long as possible, there's no better possible money maker than Rock.

As for the WWE teaming up Hero and Claudio, I really, really hope they don't. It'd be a one way street to Superstars/NXT. Unless the WWE start hiring other tag teams or actually make their current teams look even remotely interesting, I wouldn't wish that fate on anyone.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Ohno/Antonio, Kofi/Gabriel, Mexicools, and turning the Usos heel would certainly make for at least 2 good tag matches a week.

Which at this point is all we could really hope for...

edit: Actually the Usos would probably stay face, and KO/AC would be heel?

LTM on
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Yes, the Kings of Wrestling would most certainly start out heel.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    So the Wood Brothers race family took over for Cena, and the guy who said it sounded like he was in a coma.

• Options
    Hooray, another year of WWE promoting a guy who isn't on the active roster.

If you look at it from a "this will make WWE a hell of a lot more money" perspective instead of a "this is a good opportunity to build someone up" then it looks a whole lot better. And besides, even if they went with the latter, does anyone really believe the WWE wouldn't completely fuck it up just a couple of weeks later? If they're going to piss around in limbo for as long as possible, there's no better possible money maker than Rock.

As for the WWE teaming up Hero and Claudio, I really, really hope they don't. It'd be a one way street to Superstars/NXT. Unless the WWE start hiring other tag teams or actually make their current teams look even remotely interesting, I wouldn't wish that fate on anyone.

WWE hasn't fucked up Rock/Cena yet and it's been (basically) going on for a full year.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I can't believe they're starting with this match. I'm psyched!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Starting with Punk vs Bryan

But it's not Christmas!

• Options
    There better be an eventual feud for these 2.

• Options
    Ahaha, nice swerve

• Options
    SWERVE!!!!!!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Oh Jericho

• Options
    They totally got me. I yelled "What?!" and surprised my wife.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    I like how Jericho's gimmick is HHH.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    I like how Jericho's gimmick is HHH.

It's time to play the walls down

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

Don't what me

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »

Don't what me

I'll turn you into Spider Stew!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I don't really even like watching these back and forths between Jericho, Punk just looks silly by comparison to me.

edit: Ok, lady gaga.

Amikron Devalia on
  • Options
    How does Punk look silly?

• Options
    Wait, so Punk's gripe against Jericho is the same as Cena's against Dwayne? Someone get Teddy in here, I smell a tag-team match, playa

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    Jericho is just such a better promo Goose! and what Jericho is saying is true. Punk, Miz, etc have been ripping of Jericho for a long time now.

• Options
    That's a sad existence. To be having such a great time and being so awesome and to keep thinking that this guy is copying me.

• Options
    Alright fuck you CM Punk, don't you ever make fun of the light brite jacket again motherfucker.

• Options
    Punk in WWE is basically forced into that, though.

• Options
    YES YES YES YES

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Daniel Bryan has a posse

Goose! on
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    aj 8->

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    Punk in WWE is basically forced into that, though.

Haha I know I know, I just take that personally :lol:

• Options
    Ha, the GMs have their assistants with them, furthering increasing the chance of Santino v Otunga

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Ha, the GMs have their assistants with them, furthering increasing the chance of Santino v Otunga

It will be team Ace vs. team Teddy at Mania mark my words. Ace will have Otunga, Henry, Del Rio, and Christian on his side.

• Options
    I have no problem with that match. I like that Otunga has been built as semi decent in the ring too, so it makes Santino look good if he manages to keep on staying competitive.

• Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »

It will be team Ace vs. team Teddy at Mania mark my words. Ace will have Otunga, Henry, Del Rio, and Christian on his side.

vs Santino, Drew, Kofi, and ?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Isn't their a match going on in the ring? Why did they just cut to the announce table for so long?

• Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »

vs Santino, Drew, Kofi, and ?

I want to say Orton but I just know WWE will somehow shoehorn him into the Bryan/Sheamus WHT match. Please prove me wrong Vince.

• Options
    I was thinking Orton too, but what's the latest on his concussion?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

This discussion has been closed.