As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WrestleMania XXVIII] So long from the sunshine state

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    They totally got me. I yelled "What?!" and surprised my wife.

Don't what me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hiqlu7oAVxE

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    ugh damn announcer fights.

Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    You should be what'in yoselves!

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    WZ has learned this evening that Vince McMahon has stressed safety to all talents who will be working with John Cena from now until WrestleMania 28.

There have been a slew of recent injuries suffered by the talent, some more severe than others, as we have been reporting. Randy Orton, Mark Henry, and most recently Wade Barrett, who will be out past WrestleMania, have all suffered some type of injury during competition. This is in addition to the close call injuries such as R-Truth's missed spot with The Miz a few weeks ago and Dolph Ziggler being medically tended to after last week's Raw battle royal.

McMahon has ordered any talents who work with John Cena not to take any "unneeded" risks in the match. McMahon is putting the weight of WrestleMania 28's success on the shoulders of John Cena and The Rock. The Rock won't be wrestling any matches between now and WrestleMania, which has forced the Chairman to make it a point to the entire roster to work as safe as possible with Cena.

I know, Wrestlezone, but I can genuinely believe Vince making sure everybody knows not to hurt Cena before Mania

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I think more time has been spent in commercials or looking at the announcers then showing us the match. It's making me sad.

Also it sucks that they faked the Smackdown finish during commercial break.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    GM FIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I was hoping to God Punk was gonna grab a mic and go "hold on a minute playa" and make a Santino/Teddy vs Ace/Otunga tag match

• Options
    I feel like I'm at the end of the show and the WWE logo should be appearing

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
  • Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    Man a proper Lion Tamer. That was awesome.

I like Punk and all, but I'm pulling for Jericho on this one.

Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Maybe one day the WWE championship will main event again.

• Options
    Find out what homophobic comment The Rock makes about John Cena tonight!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

maybe this is a stupid complaint when the rock's here

• Options
    Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    Maybe dwayne should go make movies and taker should retire so the title could be the main event again.

• Options
    You guys know The Rock is going to be wrestling at the next Mania after this one too, right

So for at least one more year after this, the title won't main event

I'm happy for Dwayne, going back to wrestling and proving everybody who said he abandoned the business that made him famous wrong. He's doing what he loves in acting, and he's doing what he loves in entertaining wrestling fans. Why try and blast him for doing what he loves?

• Options

maybe this is a stupid complaint when the rock's here

No, the stupid part is the Rock being here.

• Options
    You guys know The Rock is going to be wrestling at the next Mania after this one too, right

I'm happy for Dwayne, going back to wrestling and proving everybody who said he abandoned the business that made him famous wrong. He's doing what he loves in acting, and he's doing what he loves in entertaining wrestling fans. Why try and blast him for doing what he loves?

I have never liked him, so I'm not like most guys when it comes to that portion. I'm not really "blasting him" but if he's going to do it he should really be there at least a majority of the time. I know the road takes its toll etc. But at the point he's at, and the level of storyline he's involved in, the guy should be there more often than not. (and no, not on tv via satellite.)

• Options
    You know...maybe diva's matches aren't so bad...
    fapfap

• Options
    They evolved the roll up into a bridge pin

• Options
    Kelly Kelly is very bendy

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Kelly Kelly has been putting research points into the rollup skill tree.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Triple B wrote: »
    fapfap

The Bellas make me feel not pg.

• Options
    Hey has any MITB cashed in the same night they won it?

• Options
    Triple B wrote: »
    fapfap

The Bellas make me feel not pg.

They make me feel not quite shiny and new, as it were. And I don't usually go for the blondes, but man...

• Options

I have never liked him, so I'm not like most guys when it comes to that portion. I'm not really "blasting him" but if he's going to do it he should really be there at least a majority of the time. I know the road takes its toll etc. But at the point he's at, and the level of storyline he's involved in, the guy should be there more often than not. (and no, not on tv via satellite.)

He was filming movies. You can't blame him for not being there while he was busy.

And he's going to be on each Raw for the next month (note: I think I read somewhere that he won't be on one, so maybe not all the Raws for the next month, but all but one of them) so at least now he's here for a while. He's even going to be on the Raw after Mania.

• Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    Goose! wrote:

Kane did that didn't he?

Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options

Kane.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Actually I can blame him, as he chose to do those movies, knowing he was doing a storyline in WWE. If you are going to be the big main event you should at least be there the majority of the time, that is all there really is to it. Especially when the build for this started last year.

edit: Don't get me wrong, I do not like the guy, so I'd love it if he just didn't show up, but don't make me sit through these video packages selling him as some super huge babyface when the guy can't even show up to the arena for his "millions and millions".

Amikron Devalia on
  • Options
    kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
    Late to the party again. Did I miss anything awesome?

• Options
    No one has worked harder than you, Miz.

No one has worked harder than you at almost injuring people.

Except for Big Show.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Someone give me a summary of what happened while I watched capcom try to destroy fighting games.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    For a while I didn't think the Miz was going to get any offense. Thought Cena was channeling Hogan and squashing the midcarder.

• Options
    Actually I can blame him, as he chose to do those movies, knowing he was doing a storyline in WWE. If you are going to be the big main event you should at least be there the majority of the time, that is all there really is to it. Especially when the build for this started last year.

edit: Don't get me wrong, I do not like the guy, so I'd love it if he just didn't show up, but don't make me sit through these video packages selling him as some super huge babyface when the guy can't even show up to the arena for his "millions and millions".

What do you think? That movies and the paperwork involved in them can easily and quickly be put together?

In all likelihood, he signed up to do at least one of those movies before WWE even told him he would wrestle at Mania. And filming takes a good few months, not to mention all the paperwork.

Honestly, from what I've read, there has only been one movie he has even signed on to do since it was announced that he'd be wrestling, and that hasn't even started filming yet (the sequel to Fast Five)

• Options
    Why is there a sequel to Fast Five? I missed the third and fourth Fast movies, but the fifth one gives it a perfect ending and there is no reason beside money to keep making them. Although if I get another Vin Diesel/Rock fight scene I'll let it slide.

Cena made that DDT from Miz look awesome.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    kingworks wrote: »
    SF vs. Tekken?

No, that game's gonna be amazing.

The reality show they're doing to promote it is a train wreck of dizzying proportions.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options

What do you think? That movies and the paperwork involved in them can easily and quickly be put together?

In all likelihood, he signed up to do at least one of those movies before WWE even told him he would wrestle at Mania. And filming takes a good few months, not to mention all the paperwork.

Honestly, from what I've read, there has only been one movie he has even signed on to do since it was announced that he'd be wrestling, and that hasn't even started filming yet (the sequel to Fast Five)

A year ago he knew what he would be doing, he has since done multiple projects, this is what I am talking about. Again though that really doesn't matter as these are choices he made. He signed on to work WWE, he signed on to do Mania, he knew what he was doing. I'm not going to get into an argument about something so silly and pointless. WWE didn't "tell" him he would wrestle, he was made an offer, and accepted, then he accepted movie roles.

Just to say this again, I'd much rather him not be around at all, in vid packages or otherwise. But damnit If I have to put up with the overdone babyface promos at least be there.

• Options
    edited February 2012
    Ok I missed it talking about dwayne. Is this some sort of championship scramble for the tag belts?

edit: Hi Rosa..

Amikron Devalia on
  • Options
    kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
    As much as I want to see Truth with a title, I think the Perfect Americans would make for better tag team champs.

• Options
    Hahaha @kingworks that is a great tag team name. Also, I agree.

This discussion has been closed.