As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mass Effect 3: It's Out! SPOILER ALL ME3 DISCUSSION

Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchscritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
edited March 2012 in Social Entropy++
First, there was

MELogo.png

and it was awesome

Then, there was

ME2Logo.png

And it was so awesome that everyone realized that the first one was actually kind of not that great.

Now, in just three days...

ME3Logo.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iMrDsRm5w0

As the thread title says, spoiler any and all discussion about ME3, no matter how trivial.

Lots of folks are playing the multiplayer demo. You can get a list of people to add for Origin, XBL, or PSN here. The multiplayer demo is going offline on Monday, and your XP and unlocks won't carry over to the main game. So get these games in while you can before you have to go back to spending every night praying for a cool class unlock!

I just sorta slapped this together so if anyone would like me to add anything else lemme know.

Speed Racer on

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    September 21, 2186
    Flood of batarian traffic brings rumors of war
    By Shirin Kazemi

UTOPIA SYSTEM – A massive influx of batarian ships is raising tensions in the Exodus Cluster, putting Alliance forces on high alert. According to Alliance officials, the ships came from the batarian-held Harsa relay with minimal warning, some barreling right through. The Alliance reportedly fired on some of the ships with the intent to disable them.

“It’s a miracle any of them are still alive,” one human frigate captain said. According to the batarians, they are neither invaders nor defectors, but refugees. They claim a hostile species has attacked the Hegemony’s fleet, bombarding Khar’shan and other batarian planets.

With the Harsa comm buoy system crippled, communication is sporadic at best between far-flung batarians and their government on Khar’shan. Some refugees claim the attackers were Council. Others blame the geth or even the rachni. All report that the enemy, in whatever form, is blockading the relay, destroying most spacecraft trying to make it through. The refugees are not solely civilians. Hegemony Commander, Eruz Mathat, who is under guard while his cruiser is inspected, was blunt in his assessment of the situation. “I never thought I would say this to the human navy,” he said, “but we need you.”

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I was just crafting a new OP. Thanks for beating me to the punch. Seriously, mine would have been mediocre.

Just made it to wave 9 on gold with some forum peeps. Our defeat was of questionable circumstance.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    So guys, LotSB was Baller. Now I need to finish my Paragon Sentinel canon run before I buy this game.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Put in info about the saves, since someone asks about transferring between PC/XBox360 and saves so they can import about every 10 pages. Also add some info re: adding old copies of Mass Effect to Origin. Aside from that, whatever strikes your fancy.

I recommend
    0609_36ba.jpeg

Orca on
  • Options
    tayvaantayvaan I always like to savor the last shot before popping the heat sinkRegistered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    I was just crafting a new OP. Thanks for beating me to the punch. Seriously, mine would have been mediocre.

Just made it to wave 9 on gold with some forum peeps. Our defeat was of questionable circumstance.

we were doing pretty good for a while :(

3 days...

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    So I went from having no revenant to having a revenant II.

You know how sometimes you've been trying to get something so long that finally getting it is just kind of hollow?

Yeah, it's not like that. 8->

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Speed Racer, you need to put in the link to the google document for multiplayer handles.

edit: Make the multiplayer list stand out more

Also, this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBktyyaV9LY

Weaver on
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    The multiplayer link is in there, just maybe not as obvious as it could be. And if you include the cinematic trailer, you gotta include the femshep one. Dat music.

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Amazon delivery date shipping still hasn't shipped. I had a book ship yesterday that arrived around 6pm today. Really hoping that the game arrives earlier in the day.

Weaver on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    Put in info about the saves, since someone asks about transferring between PC/XBox360 and saves so they can import about every 10 pages. Also add some info re: adding old copies of Mass Effect to Origin. Aside from that, whatever strikes your fancy.

I recommend
    0609_36ba.jpeg

By the by, I saw that earlier in your op, did you put it in after I found it today or was it there for a while?

Honestly just curious.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    biggitiobiggitio Registered User regular
    Just finished Mordin's loyalty mission. Still can't believe how fucking good it is. His VA absolutely nails the segment after finding the dead Krogan female.

• Options
    tayvaantayvaan I always like to savor the last shot before popping the heat sinkRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    tayvaan on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    tayvaan wrote: »
    this cannot be real

Munkus Beaver on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I tried my main class Adept in the single-player demo

I really really like the new Singularity/Warp explosion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBzqkz0gxpk

@ 0:40

Xehalus on
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    this cannot be real
    Can't speak for its authenticity, description said it was pulled from the ME3 files

Munkus Beaver on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Add stuff later?

But what about the edit timer?

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    this cannot be real
    Can't speak for its authenticity, description said it was pulled from the ME3 files
    BADASSFULLY

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote:
    Add stuff later?

But what about the edit timer?

They fixed that.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Antimatter wrote: »
    this cannot be real
    BADASSFULLY
    coquettishly

• Options
    Diablo FettDiablo Fett Registered User regular
    bad part of moving to California right now: getting my Collector's Edition a little late

good part of moving to California right now: going to the Mass Effect 3 midnight launch with Casey Hudson, Mac Walters, Caroline Livingstone, and a bunch of the voice actors

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    That blasto thing is great, though I only listened to just after the Vorcha bit
    Badassfully: you better talk, I can't... Hold... Him back.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Basically, I recall @takyris saying something about writing those lines, and I just want to thank him for it.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Amazon delivery date shipping still hasn't shipped. I had a book ship yesterday that arrived around 6pm today. Really hoping that the game arrives earlier in the day.

Amazon delivery is always late into the day

it is torture

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    You may engage in courtship rituals with my gastrodermal lining.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    I told you guys three days ago that a full rip of the install disc had been leaked. I don't care how many spoiler tags you shove it behind. Every last cut-scene and audio file is currently available. Don't post shit that's ripped from the leak.

Or if you do post shit that's ripped from the leak, without a proper "Hey I got this from a leaked rip", then you get jailed/banned.

Also jailed/banned for trying to get the game early.

• Options
    Zay wrote: »

it is torture

You really need to change your sig.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular

it is torture

Big man in a suit of armor. Take that away, what are you?

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    TrippyJing wrote: »

it is torture

Still a pretty big guy, all things considered.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options

it is torture

A man who doesn't spam "faggot" in his sig.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    How do I know the reapers are evil?

They're letting some batarians escape.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee just unlocked krogan soldier eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Options

it is torture

A man who doesn't spam "faggot" in his sig.

Yeah, it's really kind of obnoxious, and not in the funny way.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee just unlocked krogan soldier eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

You should go carnage-spam build and find out how well it works

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I too remember when ME1 was the best thing ever

why did you have to go and ruin that, ME2

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    The sad thing is that they couldn't beat the first one in terms of story. It's like the noodle incident in Calvin & Hobbes, revealing things always leads up to a disappointment since nothing can live up to the reader's (or in this case player's) expectations. That said I haven't taken a look at anything ME3 related, since I have no access to a console or a PC strong enough, I don't want to torture myself with anticipation. So maybe ME3 will blow my mind more than any other, who knows.

Flame_Shot.gif Light a fire for a man and he'll be warm for a year. Set him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!
  • Options
    Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    When I play through ME1 it's usually a fun experience and I enjoy it

but then I start ME2 and it always surprises me just how much of a step up it is

• Options
    Got an me2 cheevo question: for the insanity cheevo, do you just need to play through to the end of the suicide mission, or do all loaded dlc also have to be cleared for it to be awarded?

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Just the suicide mission

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I think that since it's in the original game it wouldn't include DLC

Moriveth on
This discussion has been closed.