As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Obama Administration: Re-Elected! 332-206 (Probably)

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Which is why human rights shouldn't be put to a vote.

But that's cowardice in our legislatures more than anything

How many different states have had votes on gay marriage? 35? That's a lot of states.

• Options
    BagginsesBagginses __BANNED USERS regular
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Stupid shit motherfuckers. I'm sure when it comes to funneling urban post office customers into fewer and fewer places, though, so that there are fucking lines out the doors, there won't be a problem.
    Eh. Isn't USPS's problem more due to the fact that Republicans made them fund their pension funds 70 years in advance than anything else?
    Yup.
    Yeah, but they're going to end up cutting overcrowded urban post offices instead of useless fucking rural ones. As usual, the budget will get balanced on the backs of the cities.

Yeah, screw those rural people, make them go even farther, dicks.

Broseph needs to calm down, yo. Cities have people, rural places don't. Welcome to America, this is what living in a large country is like.

Fixed that for you.

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Stupid shit motherfuckers. I'm sure when it comes to funneling urban post office customers into fewer and fewer places, though, so that there are fucking lines out the doors, there won't be a problem.
    Eh. Isn't USPS's problem more due to the fact that Republicans made them fund their pension funds 70 years in advance than anything else?
    Yup.
    Yeah, but they're going to end up cutting overcrowded urban post offices instead of useless fucking rural ones. As usual, the budget will get balanced on the backs of the cities.

Broseph needs to calm down, yo. Cities have money, rural places don't. Welcome to America, this is what living in a large country is like.

To be fair, rural folks tend to support the party that fucked the USPS sideways, so they should bear the brunt of it (this would include me, but I'm a rural commie-hippie.)

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

How many different states have had votes on gay marriage? 35? That's a lot of states.

Exactly. It shouldn't be a referendum. I don't care how many states hold them, it doesn't make it less stupid.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    KongoKongo Registered User regular
    So, keeping in line with the current topic title, Biden was on "Jeopardy!" yesterday as a guest video clue-giver. The category? American Automobiles. His first clue talked about the company that produces his favorite car (the Corvette), went bankrupt, and is now "back on top". Very nice.

Dicking around in the other categories meant the round ended before we got to see his final clue. But when the show was going off, he came back on to talk about how the administration is pushing a federally mandated law to have all vehicles get much better mileage. This made me happy and a bit surprised that "Jeopardy!" allowed him to trumpet the administration's accomplishments/ goals.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Wow, that's pretty awesome. Good way to reach the old folks. We should just make Biden run the game show circuit.

The Price is Right: guess the city mpg of the Chevy Volt.

Wheel of Fortune: two-letter puzzle with the category "companies mitt Romney wanted to go bankrupt"

1 vs 100: Joe Biden bareknuckle boxes every sitting senator.

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Kongo wrote: »
    So, keeping in line with the current topic title, Biden was on "Jeopardy!" yesterday as a guest video clue-giver. The category? American Automobiles. His first clue talked about the company that produces his favorite car (the Corvette), went bankrupt, and is now "back on top". Very nice.

Dicking around in the other categories meant the round ended before we got to see his final clue. But when the show was going off, he came back on to talk about how the administration is pushing a federally mandated law to have all vehicles get much better mileage. This made me happy and a bit surprised that "Jeopardy!" allowed him to trumpet the administration's accomplishments/ goals.

CELEBRITY PRESIDENT!!!!!

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    Wow, that's pretty awesome. Good way to reach the old folks. We should just make Biden run the game show circuit.

Wheel of Fortune: two-letter puzzle with the category "companies mitt Romney wanted to go bankrupt"

I would watch all of these forever.

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    Yup.

Broseph needs to calm down, yo. Cities have money, rural places don't. Welcome to America, this is what living in a large country is like.
    Those rural people are the ones who are saying "we need to cut spending, cut down the size of government! People should pick themselves up by their own bootstraps, and be Rugged Individualists, like us!" while taking more money from the government than I will ever get, and I worked for the government at one point.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular

Yes. All but one have voted to reject gay equality. Putting it to a popular vote tends to be a very bad thing.

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »

Yes. All but one have voted to reject gay equality. Putting it to a popular vote tends to be a very bad thing.

Quite an amazing thing that minority rights, when put to popular vote, get trampled over. Gee, I wonder why that is.

AFME is 100% correct. Voting on rights of minorities is the pinnacle of stupid.

• Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    Still pissed that Gov. Fat-Ass vetoed the gay marriage bill a little while back.

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    I hope Cory Booker runs against him the first chance he gets.

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2012
    emp123 wrote: »

As in, nobody chose to put the Kate Upton thing in the middle or they didnt choose to title their story the way they did? I probably should know the answer to that based on your response but I just woke up and Im surprised I havent made any spelling errors.

I am suspecting the Upton thing was chosen due to tracking cookies?

Alternate possibility, they do have an Editor that manages the page layout, and they really ought to get one that is better qualified.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular

As in, nobody chose to put the Kate Upton thing in the middle or they didnt choose to title their story the way they did? I probably should know the answer to that based on your response but I just woke up and Im surprised I havent made any spelling errors.

Alternate possibility, they do have an Editor that manages the page layout, and they really ought to get one that is better qualified.

It's probably some hacked together combination of a "Featured" system that displays based off timestamps of submission. Kate Upton got posted and marked as Featured between the other two articles thus, showed up in the middle.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

If he does, he'll win.

Booker will carry Newark, and most likely Camden. He'll even get some good amount of votes in Trenton. And well, that's pretty much the state for you. The Shore might be a problem, but get a good GOTV going in Camden and he'll be fine.

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular

Ah, I dont think its a cookies thing since it was the same way on mine. I think Fox Nation has some comment/voting thing or something (totally not digging around that site to actually find out, but I did see people could vote for labeling things) and it may just be that Fox Nation readers are just that interested in seeing pictures of Kate Upton in a bikini.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular

Ah, I dont think its a cookies thing since it was the same way on mine. I think Fox Nation has some comment/voting thing or something (totally not digging around that site to actually find out, but I did see people could vote for labeling things) and it may just be that most straight men on the internet are just that interested in seeing pictures of Kate Upton in a bikini.

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular

I saw on the Rachel Maddow Show that the rebate checks require a header that says something to the effect of "this rebate brought to you by the Affordable Care Act". Awesome.

• Options
    enc0reenc0re Registered User regular
    Read on my local newspaper's website comment section: "I wish they required these for Medicare. That program runs closer to 50% overhead."

Wow.

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2012
    Isn't it closer to 7%? See, I can just make up percentages too, but if this were a mini-game in the price is right I would be the one out of the two who goes home with some nice appliance.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Isn't it closer to 7%? See, I can just make up percentages too, but if this were a mini-game in the price is right I would be the one out of the two who goes home with some nice appliance.

5-6%. Enjoy this lovely blender

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    IskraIskra Registered User regular
    Technically, since they're both over, no one wins a blender =/

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

If he does, he'll win.

Booker will carry Newark, and most likely Camden. He'll even get some good amount of votes in Trenton. And well, that's pretty much the state for you. The Shore might be a problem, but get a good GOTV going in Camden and he'll be fine.

People in this state tend to think of themselves as independents and it opens them up to the right kind of republicans.

Booker or any d will be at a disadvantage in 2013 since its an offcycle year and the governor remains relatively popular. He also stuck it to unions which pleases a good few people.

Booker would have the best chance of any dem in state since his presence will drive up youth and minority turnout and the media is pretty kind to him overall.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »

If he does, he'll win.

People in this state tend to think of themselves as independents and it opens them up to the right kind of republicans.

Booker or any d will be at a disadvantage in 2013 since its an offcycle year and the governor remains relatively popular. He also stuck it to unions which pleases a good few people.

Booker would have the best chance of any dem in state since his presence will drive up youth and minority turnout and the media is pretty kind to him overall.

Yeah. I was super excited when i wrote that. Then i remembered that I hadn't actually been back to jersey for any reasonable amount of time since 2004.

How did I get so old?

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Capfalcon wrote: »

I would watch all of these forever.

You reminded me of 1 vs 100 on Xbox and got me all depressed.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    JurgJurg In a TeacupRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012

If he does, he'll win.

Yeah. I was super excited when i wrote that. Then i remembered that I hadn't actually been back to jersey for any reasonable amount of time since 2004.

How did I get so old?

Many people I know give Christie credit for "creating jobs" and "reforming budgets", etc. The impression seems to be that he's running a tight ship. Some people even want him to run for President in 2016.

It's pretty gross. This is probably the first time I've felt some of that Jersey self-loathing that many people seem to have.

Jurg on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Chen Guangcheng has left the house. So how will the GOP manage to spin this into a foreign policy failure?

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    Handgimp wrote: »
    Chen Guangcheng has left the house. So how will the GOP manage to spin this into a foreign policy failure?

"took too long" "what about his family?" and then when those don't work "why are we spending money on JUST ONE MAN?"

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular

"took too long" "what about his family?" and then when those don't work "why are we spending money on JUST ONE MAN?"

Says right there that his Wife & kids are with him.

But I guess Obama is a heartless beast for leaving his grandfather behind or something.

• Options
    V1m wrote: »

But I guess Obama is a heartless beast for leaving his grandfather behind or something.

It's Rove, he's already tryign to say that Obama is making fun of Romney's special underwear. They'll just lie and most people won't know any better.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

Nonono. "Obama didn't do it. The negotiators did it."

• Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

That's pretty close to the tack used when Romney jumped the gun earlier, "If not for our pressure the State Dept would've kept dicking the dog, etc" (a rough paraphrase).

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    Couscous wrote: »

That's pretty close to the tack used when Romney jumped the gun earlier, "If not for our pressure the State Dept would've kept dicking the dog, etc" (a rough paraphrase).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUrvO0BYr-g

Seems to be a common thread.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular

If he does, he'll win.

Chris Christie is not relatively popular; last I saw, he was something like 10 points underwater. That's not exactly an enviable position.

• Options

t ‏@washingtonpost
    As Chen Guancheng arrives in the U.S., concern persists over family members left behind

So it sounds like that might be where the GOP goes after them on this. Because fuck accuracy, take one small part of a story and make it HUGE.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    You win this round, Poe's Law!

• Options
    YougottawannaYougottawanna Registered User regular

t ‏@washingtonpost
    As Chen Guancheng arrives in the U.S., concern persists over family members left behind

So it sounds like that might be where the GOP goes after them on this. Because fuck accuracy, take one small part of a story and make it HUGE.

I love the grammatical trickery they use to make it sound like they're reporting. "Concern persists" indeed.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Concern persists over his family?

Two weeks ago Republicans wouldn't have given two shits about anyone in China.

This discussion has been closed.