As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[StarCraft2] Thread closed. Move on to the new thread.

• Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    So...I am embarassed to ask...but what is the proper response to a zerg stealing your nat when you're trying to ffe? Not that it happened to me or anything...it's totally for a friend...

well... first, don't let it finish. if you're ffe'ing make sure the canons can blast the hatch you're low ground pylon and forge should be done. you are in a much worse position if you let it finish, and a queen, drones and roaches pop out in order to make spines and an OL to start poking up your ramp.

basically force a cancel with canons. if you're ffe'ing you already have the tech and an extra canon or two isnt going to kill you.

it will however delay your expo, so making some units while your taking it down may not be a bad idea.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    This question isn't SC2 related (not directly at least), so I'm gonna hide it away.
    Anyone here every made custom t-shirts? I'm looking into it and want to know some good sites to order from. Might be in bulk (~100) and will feature a large, full color image.

Thanks!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    RofflorRofflor Adventurer Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Im going to play the brood war campign all night instead of studying because Im sick of got damn equations other then protoss ≥ terran.

Rofflor on
    76561197968655073.png
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    This question isn't SC2 related (not directly at least), so I'm gonna hide it away.
    Anyone here every made custom t-shirts? I'm looking into it and want to know some good sites to order from. Might be in bulk (~100) and will feature a large, full color image.

Thanks!

cafe press. there are others, prbly cheaper. if you order in bulk, you may find a local printing place to do it, but honestly, I would avoid investing in inventory.

• Options
    narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    Narwhal friend requests my wife but not me. I see how it is

I knew I was forgetting something.
    Sorry, I've been exhausted the past few days. That led to me getting a fever at school yesterday, and I went home at 2 and basically was on and off sleeping til now. I think maybe 14 hours of sleep was had and I still feel kinda sick.

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    815165 wrote: »
    Holy fuck you guys who went to PAX got to meet Artosis?

That's pretty fucking cool.

Actually what happened, is our little group got together, and then Mig showed up, and then Artosis stopped what he was doing at the booth to come talk to Mig and catch up with him.

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    Well, we're obviously going to need more details.

• Options
    hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    @Dhal: Reeeeewind to yesterday's "swarm host is boring" discussion - what would you consider "interesting"? Your contention that the area control being based on units was a mistake got me thinking - what about something like a Lair upgrade off the Spawning Pool, 200/150/45s, that allows spine crawlers to burrow (not *build*, mind, only re-burrow) off creep?

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    How would they travel anywhere without creep? Off creep they walk barely faster than buildings fly.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Yilias wrote: »
    How would they travel anywhere without creep? Off creep they walk barely faster than buildings fly.

you could protect them with hydras sloshing along....

• Options
    hlprmnky wrote: »
    Okay, seriously, how do you cast AoE in starcraft 2? Explain like I'm 5. I have tried:

- Selecting my Infestors, holding 'Z' (grid keys awwwe yeah), clicking a bunch near the enemy. Result: I have selected a Colossus and 0-1 fungals land
    - Selecting my Infestors, spamming 'Z' while clicking a bunch near the enemy. Result: I have selected a Void Ray and 0 fungals land
    - Screaming through my teeth in a high-pitched tone, occasionally cursing. Result: All my Infestors die to Thermal Lance fire.
    - Attacking with my roach/ling "stopgap force", then building some Corruptors to take out air units. Result: I win!

Is there like a Youtube video or something that shows you how to do any kind of caster micro? It's really frustrating to me to just throw away a dozen of "the best caster unit in the game". As Apollo would say, "verrrry frustratin' fer Callow here. Verrrrry frustratin'."

This feels like me trying to ff :P

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    shwaipshwaip Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »

terran imba, nerf buildings.

• Options
    KambingKambing Registered User regular
    hlprmnky wrote: »
    @Dhal: Reeeeewind to yesterday's "swarm host is boring" discussion - what would you consider "interesting"? Your contention that the area control being based on units was a mistake got me thinking - what about something like a Lair upgrade off the Spawning Pool, 200/150/45s, that allows spine crawlers to burrow (not *build*, mind, only re-burrow) off creep?

I think Swarm hosts are pretty interesting. In high-level games, you won't be able to leave them on auto-generate. For the most part, you'll need to manually send out creeps in order to gain maximum efficiency. And you also will need to choose between sending in big waves (so burrowing them all at once) or sending continuous waves (burrowing them in sequence).

@TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Oh hey! Wolf will be casting at Dreamhack! I'll finally get to see/hear him cast something after hearing all of you guys talk about him all the time.
    You guys were starting a wolf fan club right? :P

Artosis at the SotG panel seemed to have faith in Wolf, so I'm curious to see what he's like.

narwhal on
    Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    Wolf at Dreamhack? Fuck.

XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Why? Are Tasteosis to expensive or why are people insisting on getting Wolf?

76561197968655073.png
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    RUINED FOREVER

• Options
    Watching losira's stream, i just saw bomber go 3 port banshee into hellion/thor into dropping 5 3/3 thors in his main/nat. his main died faaaaaast

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    The best response
    Sceptre wrote: »
    So...I am embarassed to ask...but what is the proper response to a zerg stealing your nat when you're trying to ffe? Not that it happened to me or anything...it's totally for a friend...

Two canons is usually what you would commit to stopping that. Unless you get really flustered you will come out ahead. What the zerg will probably do is cancel his hatchery as soon as your second canon finishes, if not, use the canons to try and kill the hatch, then snipe the larvae. If you are FFE'ing he should never really be able to get the hatch up and producing units in your natural, so long as your second canon placement is good enough you should be fine.

I've done the hatch block a ton of times and haven't seen a proper response from a toss yet.
    2 cannons simply lets you try to get back to your original BO sooner but doesn't really punish the zerg for the HUGE risk they just took.

I will regret saying this, but:

From the many times I've done it, the zerg delays either his pool or his natural by a big window. I would imagine the best toss response is to pylon block the natural and put at least 1 cannon down (prob. at most just one).

Then keep scouting the possible "fast third" spots to see if zergs take those as a fail safe.

From then, depending on how fast they take their natural back, a 1-base all-in would be your immediate concern for the next 5 minutes. You should be able to tell depending on how fast they take the natural back and what they sacrifice to do so.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    Just pylon block the zergs ramp with 3 pylons and cannon that shit.

76561197968655073.png
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Rofflor wrote: »
    Just pylon block the zergs ramp with 3 pylons and cannon that shit.

That won't work. It'll delay your 2 cannons in your nat needed to stop the hatch from finishing or kill it fast enough before it can spawn real annoying units.

You'll end up with cannons in his nat but lings / queen / or roaches in your face.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Lost to a gold leauge zerg in the playhem daily. Because.

In this post: Jaziek gets angry because he is terrible at the game. Same old same old.

why was I on 10 gates and 2 robos late game. who the FUCK knows.
    why did I have 7 immortals on the field. WHO THE FUCK KNOWS.
    why did I have 100 probes?!?! WHO. FUCKING. KNOWS.
    why DIDN'T I HAVE A MOTHERSHIP AT 20 MINUTES INTO THE GAME.

GOD I FUCKING SUCK.

jaziek on
    Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    What's the cheesiest thing you can do to a protoss to just snap his nack in half ZvP. Build order.

• Options
    build literally any zerg unit and literally any time during the game. you'll win.

• Options
    TheBog wrote: »
    What's the cheesiest thing you can do to a protoss to just snap his nack in half ZvP. Build order.

hatch cancel roach rush?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=287728

• Options
    Is there a way to hook jaziek's posts to twitter, and have them auto-broadcasted?

(15 "surprise" broods? Really... do you have any idea how long that takes to get out? That its literally 60 food sitting there?)

• Options
    Biosys wrote: »
    if you tailor your entire army to countering roaches

maybe you should push when he has roaches

rather than waiting the large amount of time it takes him to get 15 brolords

that's like...your opinion, man

• Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    if you tailor your entire army to countering roaches

maybe you should push when he has roaches

rather than waiting the large amount of time it takes him to get 15 brolords

Biosys on
  • Options
    You push when he has roaches.. kill the whole lot, then have to retreat again because he has 200 supply of lings.

• Options
    removing the part of my post where I reflex rage about zerg.

I lost because I saw 12 broods in the second to last engagement, still didn't put down a stargate.

Why do I do these things to myself. Do I enjoy losing?

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Friends, Romans, countrymen! I yadda yadda

I AM BACK ASKING FOR MODS

6Br1h.jpg
    Image copyright Penny Arcade, Inc. 2002. I did not have anything to do with making it.

We have yet another big event coming up April 28th! Seeing how all the volunteer mods kicked total ass last time, I was hoping to get more of you redshirts meatshields fine young gentlemen to help with the event! PM me if you're interested!

• Options
    fatalspoonsfatalspoons Registered User regular
    Next barcraft in vegas is going to be in the ea sports bar in the cosmopolitan? This surprises me.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    What event?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    What event?

I am not sure how much I can say?...suffice to say, giant epic showmatch between two very popular players. @MMMig can give more details.

• Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    Hm. So you run your lings up a toss' ramp, there's no FFE. No expo. You see the standard gateway/cycore/1 zealot wall off. Other than that, silence.. What are you expecting here. 4 gate? DTs? Stargates? Blink stalkers? wtf

• Options
    Hm. So you run your lings up a toss' ramp, there's no FFE. No expo. You see the standard gateway/cycore/1 zealot wall off. Other than that, silence.. What are you expecting here. 4 gate? DTs? Stargates? Blink stalkers? wtf

for me, it depends on the first 2 units, so use a couple lings to see what he's building.

zealot/zealot - some sort of gas build (dt, stargate)
    zealot/stalker - 4gate or blink build
    zealot/sentry - probably an expand build

• Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    i know it was mentioned earlier but no link so :

http://www.dreamhack.se/dhs12/2012/04/12/caster-line-up-apollo-wolf-incontrol-semmler/

apollo, wolf and incontrol will be casting at dreamhack open - incontrol will be doing interview sofa stuff for the final day, and semmler (host of assembly winter/2gd studio caster) will be hosting for both days

hooray for incontrol moving into more casting/interviewer roles

Biosys on
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    That MKP video is amazing.

Welcome to TvP from 5-8 minutes :P

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    How in the fucking fuckety fuck do I beat aggressive tank-marine terrans, silver-gold level? They just annihilate all my shit, time and again! The tanks are out before mutas (mutas feel terrible zvt anyhoo :[ ) and any bare minimum of stutterstep micro on top of those 4 (or more) spread tanks will void any number of lings thrown at his map advancement.

I'm just at loss of what to do... That I don't really have the apm to deal with drops doesn't exactly make things more comfortable.

Panda4You on